3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing > Biggest Loser Challenges

Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #31

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the dinner suggestions ladies! Anytime you've got more - I'll take 'em!

So I'm done my first month on WW. In 4 weeks I've lost 6.5lbs, which I am thrilled about! I've been finding it very easy to follow - mostly I'm just more mindful about my servings and my hunger cues, rather than avoiding anything in particular. So far, so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
Too bad this is only a 5 day supply, or I could take over the world.

Or at least re-organize it.
I was on a prescribed stimulant for a few weeks in 2007 and that's how I felt! Like I was living on fast forward. You are adorable in that picture with your husband!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I'm not typically an exerciser at all. My best friend lives in GA and she will be home to visit in September. We have decided we are going to go run the Labor Day Mackinaw Island 8 mile run. I started training last week. I now have something to look forward to and I don't want to let her down so I am hoping that will help keep me encouraged when my own motivation wanes.
Glad to see you here Zinke! I think the 8mi run is a great idea. Doing it with a friend is should be a real motivator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
I was way too busy to post yesterday and way too depressed. My weight loss has completely stalled and it is very depressing. I should be losing this week, but nothing. My friend thinks I should eat more. I am going to try it. The thought freaks me out though. What if I gain???
I'm so sorry you are frustrated by your plateau. It's certainly worth trying eating more to see if that helps. And if you gain? Then you re-assess and try something different!

“The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will’. Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.” - David Copperfield
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 AM   #32
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

This morning's insomnia report is brought to you by the letter D. As in Dang I wish I could sleep. Went to bed before 9pm, got up before 1am. Reorganized my laundry room/weight room, did all the housework I could, and now I have 1 hour before the alarm goes off and I need to get up to run or is it a lifting day?

QOTD: When you have trouble sleeping do you still get up and workout or do you try to get more sleep?

I'm considering going back to bed and re-setting my alarm for 7am. That would give me possibly 6+ hours for the night. I keep reading that sleep in necessary for weight loss, and somehow I think it might also be good for my commute.

Last edited by dixied; 05-14-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #33

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

QOTD - When you have trouble sleeping do you still get up and workout or do you try to get more sleep?

This one doesn't really apply to me. I have to be up at 5:20 for work, so I don't have a choice about getting up even if I didn't sleep. I always exercise in late afternoon. But I'm pretty sure that if I did get up early to exercise I would skip it if I didn't sleep well.

I think I'm going to break through my plateau this week. I've been hanging around 154-155 for several weeks now, but I really feel like it has dropped down (okay, that may sound crazy, but I can usually tell if I've lost weight, even if I don't get on the scale). I am going to be so stoked if I can see 153 this week!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 05-14-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #34
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

mtiger, Jillian Michaels says to break a plateau, eat 1800 to 2000 calories for 2-3 days (quality food though), and then get back into workouts with more intensity after those couple days.
I did the eating more this past weekend and now I've increased my calories to 1350 - 1400 a day and started to increase how hard I workout. And while I haven't done my weekly weigh-in yet (its Saturday), I feel different and feel that I've broken that plateau!
Good luck, you can do it!

"Unless you faint, puke, or die keep walking!" --Jillian Michaels

Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #35

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

ya know, i was just thinking today that if I really kept on track for the Summer camp, I wouldn't need the falll BL challenge

Progress Pics http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...17#post2636417
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4197041-post1.html

The journey from your mind to your hands is shorter than you think
For Every 5lbs lost
I am more than I know myself to be R I P PANDORA
Old 05-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #36
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Shannon - Love the new avatar, you look great and so happy.

My favorite dinner to cook is also stir fry. Most of the time it's chicken with lots of veggies and whatever sauce I have on hand.

Dee - I had a serious sinus infection back in November and had to run a five day treatment of prednisone. I am surprised your doctor didn't have you discontinue the nasal spray first. It is very difficult to stop once you become dependent on it to breath. For me I had to stop using it and used nasal saline several times a day in the shower to flush my nasal passage along with the prednisone to reduce the swelling. As for the Claritin D that will also hype you up; it's what is used to make meth and why you have to buy it at the counter and show ID in most states. I sure hope you are able to get control over it soon; I know how miserable it is when you can't breath.

It seems the more weight I lose the less sleep I need. I use to need 8+ hours and a nap but for the last couple months I've been getting about 6.5 and feel great and no need to nap. For me I am in bed around 9pm and up at 3:30am, I have been getting up that early for over 5 years but since losing the weight it is not a struggle and I don't need a nap or find myself going to bed at 7:30PM.

Well this is my last day here in Myrtle Beach; I love visiting but I miss Mack and the pups and just want to be home now. My eating hasn't been great but I have continued to see the scales move down, up until this morning. We had Chinese last night and it cost me 4+ lbs. My hands and feet are soooo swollen. Not what I want to be dealing with when flying also makes me retain fluid..... what was I thinking???

I get home late tomorrow and will be hanging with my baby over the weekend so I probably won't be checking back in until Monday.

Hope you all have a good weekend!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #37
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
ya know, i was just thinking today that if I really kept on track for the Summer camp, I wouldn't need the falll BL challenge
I think there are several of us in that position. I know that as we get closer to goal the weight comes off more slowly but I would really like to reach goal in those 3 months; that's 1.5 lbs per week. Considering I had been losing 2-3 per week 1.5 should be doable.

I'll need to run my numbers again but I plan to keep my calories at 1400 and increase my cardio time if necessary.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #38

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

if I would have stayed on plan, I wouldn't even need the summer challenge.

Progress Pics http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...17#post2636417
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4197041-post1.html

The journey from your mind to your hands is shorter than you think
For Every 5lbs lost
I am more than I know myself to be R I P PANDORA
Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #39

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
Thanks.

I forgot to answer the QOTD: What's your favourite thing to make for dinner?

Tonight that will be turkey meatloaf, zucchini and _________. Possibly mashed beans with wasabi.

Dixied, could you post your turkey meatloaf recipe? Sounds good!

Suzie
Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #40

Quote:
if I would have stayed on plan, I wouldn't even need the summer challenge.
Me too! Although, we could just say that we're waiting for our team members to catch up with us so that we can go take over the maintainers forum together.

I'll probably continue the challenges even once I hit my goal weight. I know if I'm not accountable to my teammates, I tend to be too lenient in my choices. Maybe we could have a maintainers team. I also want to be a cheerleader to any future newbies. (Okay, that's a sentence I thought I'd never use..."I want to be a cheerleader????") Maybe I meant a mentor.

The prednisone is working great (I just wish it tasted better, gawd that stuff has a gross aftertaste)! On top of insomnia and uber-hyperness, I've become chipper and can't keep a train of thought together to save my life. On the other hand, I can breathe! I didn't even realize how bad it was, it's been going on for so long. When I got back up this morning, it was like I had a new nose where the swelling has gone down. A co-worker even commented on it. My nose lost weight. I'm actually not seeing the weight gain I expected on it, so that's good. I'm up a pound, but in a week my weight will vary by 3-4 pounds any given day anyway.

CAT - I don't think the Nasonex is as bad as some of the other sprays out there. I know Afrin is habit forming and can have problems. Nasonex is just 1 puff a day in each nostril. (TMI?) The saline rinse is a great invention. I have one of the netti pots that look like a squirt bottle rather than the pot. I don't do mine in the shower though, just over the sink. The last really severe sinus infection I was told to use a solution of 1 part peroxide to 4 parts water to rinse with and it made an amazing difference.

It sounds like I'm sick a lot doesn't it? Actually I've gotten off light this year in terms of sinus infections. I contribute that to the lifestyle changes I've made. Of course aggrevating my allergies (and therefore my sinuses) by running outside was what brought this last round of crud on, but overall I am not suffering nearly as much with it this year. If ever there was a reason to keep the weight off, that's a good one.

Speaking of running, my BIL is a GENIUS! My Dr. doesn't want me running outside due to allergens, my chiropractor doesn't want me running (alot) on treadmills because of issues with my back from a car wreck in 2006. My BIL suggested we all get memberships at the local community college that has an indoor track. It's rubberized so it will be easy on my joints, and in air conditioning so easy on my allergies, and no heat excuses not to run. Last time I was able to run outside it was already over 80 degrees at 5:30am. I'm going to go sign us up today. DH and BIL will play indoor basketball while I run.

Next train of thought: Why are men idiots? Same genius told me last night that he doesn't want to lift weights until he loses at least 10 pounds first. Why can't people understand the sooner you start to weight train the better off you'll be. Okay there are probably some exceptions to that, but the vast majority of folks NEED to weight train. DH is the same way. No matter how many studies I show him, articles, or even by my own example, he is so subborn about this. Idiocy must be genetic.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #41

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
I was way too busy to post yesterday and way too depressed. My weight loss has completely stalled and it is very depressing. I should be losing this week, but nothing. My friend thinks I should eat more. I am going to try it. The thought freaks me out though. What if I gain???
I was feeling the same way about a week ago, and instead of giving up again for the hundredth time, I went looking for some new inspiration.

I started getting serious about losing weight again about 2 months ago. I have been losing a few, gaining a few, etc. over that time and had lost about 4 lbs. total.
I was getting ready to go into my "I give up" mode.

But then while I was getting motivated (watching TBL) I searched around for the Body Bugg thingy the contestants were wearing on the show to keep track of caolries in /out. I felt like this was the thing to do (keep track of calories in/out), but really all I ever did was guesstimate in my head.
(I have never done calorie counting..I don't know why. I always thought it would be WAY to daunting a task. Carying a little note pad around and writing down calories, looking and researching what's in what, uhg....I just know I couldn't keep that up for long, so I never tried. And now I know, while reading posts at this site, there are other ways of doing that also, so that was a misconception in my head too.)

I have been working out (not keeping track or anything) and eating less and better (also not keeping track) and the result was 4 lbs. in 2 months.
This is where I totally give up, and lose interest normally. I just get depressed.

Well, I got the Gowear fit 2 days ago. It's the most fascinating thing!
For a lazy-about-keeping-track-of-numbers kind of person like me. This thing is awesome. All the foods I have consumed so far have been in the database to track my calories...I had no idea it could be SO easy!
And it keeps track of the calories burned for me so I can see on paper my guesstimating has been way off.
I'm now back to being excited because I have weighed in each morning the last 2 days and and have lost 1 pound each day. And, I know this won't happen all of the time, but I have been totally enlightened with this new found way to keep track of this information. Now I know too, that if I keep my calorie deficit to 1000 a day, I should be losing 2 lbs. a week!

Just wanted to share my new motivation!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #42
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi!
It's about time I showed my "face" around here
First of all congratulations to Shannon and me4life for being our previou winners. You guys are awesome!

I can't believe I was a runner-up. It helps me put the weight loss thing in perspective, since even with my stalls, I still managed to move downwards

I stepped on the scale today to see how I was doing, and it looks like I am finally making some good progress again....I wonder, does it have to do with the fact that I am actually EXERCISING again???? duh! When will I learn?

QOTD: When you have trouble sleeping do you still get up and workout or do you try to get more sleep?

It depends where I am with my motivation. If I am on one of my healthy kicks I just get up. I know that my adrenaline will kick in and I will actually be fine during the day and into the night. But sometimes the little devil on my shoulder convinces me that I need to sleep more

I am so excited about the new challenge! It looks that we have lots of people signing up for it!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #43

Default Turkey Meatloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie42 View Post
Dixied, could you post your turkey meatloaf recipe? Sounds good!

Suzie
Sure, I used my Mom's regular meatloaf recipe and adapted it. I'm not good about measuring things like spices, so you'll need to season to taste on some of it. This was what I used for a double batch, I just divided it into 2 pans before baking. It made the meatloaf smaller loaves, but it cooked more evenly that way.

2 rolls of Jennie-O Turkey Sausage (2lbs total)*
1-1/2 cups of oatmeal **
1/2 an onion
2/3 cup A-1 Marinade, ketkup, salsa, or any other "flavoring" red sauce***
2 eggs
salt
pepper
italian seasoning

Direction: Preheat the oven to 350.

I started by throwing the onion into the food processor. Once it was chopped up I added the other ingredients to the food processor and used it to mix the ingredients together. (My mom always used her hands to mix her meatloaf, yuck , I hate meatloaf mix under my nails) Once it was mixed I transfered it to 2 loaf pans that I had sprayed with canola oil. Baked it at 350 for an hour (your time may vary).

Then I had to leave for work, and the meatloaves were still hot, so I flipped the them out onto a cookie rack placed over an cookie sheet (wrapped in foil to make clean-up easier) to cool. I covered it with foil and stuck in in the fridge while I was at work.

When I got home I preheated the oven to 350 again, took out the meatloves and glazed them. I leave the meatloaves on the rack and put an additional "red" glaze on the tops of them. I used Heinz 1 Carb Ketchup last night. Just use whatever amount covers the top and/or sides of your meatloaf. You want to glaze the meatloaves becuase turkey is quite pale when it cooks, and frankly, it's anemic looking. I just kinda spread the ketchup on the meatloaf with a knife. Then I stuck it in the oven for an additional 20 minutes on 350 before finally turning the broiler on to set the glaze. After that I took it out and let it set for a few minutes and then dug in. Using the cookie cooling racks allowed the extra grease/marinde to escape to the pan underneath, making it even healthier.

Since my cooking relys heavily on improv, I've included some notes:

*I find the fairly cheap in the frozen meat section at Wal-mart. Fresh ground turkey would work just as well.
**I used the old fashioned kind, but quick oats work too.
*** I used A-1 Chicago style marinade, but only because I'd gotten in free with a coupon this weekend. Next time I'll be using organic ketchup probably. The A-1 has HFCS in it, which I try to avoid. I was so excited about the deal I forgot to read the ingredient list. If you use something otehr than a marinade, make sure you use more seasonings though. A dash of basil, orgeano, thyme, whatever you like.

I really liked it and DH must have too. Even though he'd already eaten, when I got up this morning I noticed that I was missing 1/2 a meatloaf. Late night snack, I guess. And he took leftovers to work this morning.

It's budget-friendly too, my best guess is it's about $4.52 to make and serves between 6-8 generous servings.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #44

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us (and anyone else here with us). I'd only have to lose a little more than a pound a week. I can do this!!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #45
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

well work has me worn out but finally balancing losing weight with working again. well that and trying to move. i will be glad to be moved so i have my nights and weekends to just relax. me and my bf walk every night but looking forward to having time at the gym again.