Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #61  

Height: 5'5"

Hello all! SO excited to be back with my blue team This is my second time around, and I can't wait to see how far I get!

I'm Jennifer, a 25 year old vegan currently living in Portland, OR. I love running and weight training in my spare time, and am up for just about anything outdoors-y.

Being OP to me means logging my food daily, staying within my calorie range, and meeting my weekly exercise goals. I hate missing workouts, and will do everything I can to avoid it. I recently gained back a lot of the weight I had lost during the last challenge due to stress, and I can't wait to see it GONE for good this time.

It's good to see so many familiar faces here, and I can't wait to get to know the new ones

Last edited by JoyfulVegGirl; 01-04-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #62  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Betcha all thought I'd abandoned you already. No such luck, you're suck with me. I had to take DSS home and then I went for a run at the track. When I got back home I took stock of what was in the pantry/freezer, scoured some cookbooks and planned out 2 weeks worth of meals, and made my shopping list. I was just checking in before I headed to bed, the alarm is set for 4:30am, so I can be at the gym at 5am.

For those who haven't had to endure me yet here's an intro: I'm Dee, I live in sunny Pensacola, FL with my DH of 7 years, my spoiled chihuahua, and occasionally my 12 y.o. stepson. I'm a recent convert to running, I can't believe I'm actually enjoying running so much. I've lost over 40 pound since Dec 2006, but most of it has come off between October 2008 and now. Coincidentally that's when the running began, do you see the connection?

My idea of staying on plan includes eating lower carb, with no refined carbs, because I have PCOS and that's the healthiest way for me to control it. I think that everybody's body is a unique situation, and what works well for one person may not work at all for another, but we can all learn from each other's experience.

Is anyone up for an exercise challenge this time around? I'm dedicated to reaching my 1000 miles in 2009 goal, but I can work another challenge in there too.

Going off to bed now, g'night!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #63  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl View Post
I'm Jennifer, a 25 year old vegan currently living in Portland, OR.
Oh you vegans that live in Portland just like to rub it in don't you

Just picking, compared to where I live Portland is pretty much Vegan Mecca!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #64  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

This is my first time doing this challenge I'm so excited.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #65  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi - I'm Joni, a young 51, living in the Atlanta, GA area (hence I cannot use 'snowed in' as an excuse for not going to the gym). I got involved with the 3FC site a couple years ago while doing the LA Weight Loss plan and made some great friends over on that thread. Since LAWL has pretty much gone under, I'm now doing calorie counting and exercise. Since I'm a fan of TBL tv show, I figured I could get some good support by joining this Challenge.

Being 'on plan' will mean keeping my calories between 1200-1400 and exercising a minimum of five days a week. I'd love to lose 2 lbs a week, but at my young age...this is tougher to do than when I was in my 20s or 30s. But, I know it's not impossible since contestants on TBL show did it...and if they can so can I.

I'll post as often as I can but my job is pretty demanding and time is short...so I'm going to apologize up front if I don't do a ton of personals....someone else wrote this and it's so true for me...I need to spend more time at the gym and less time on the computer!

Good luck to all....and Happy Birthday to Mary!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #66  

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everybody!

So glad to be a part of the team. I'm getting to know some of you over at WOW too, so that should be fun. Really looking forward to our joint effort, and hope we can kick red team's butt
Old 01-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #67  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Jennifer.. yay! glad we are team mates again this year. Can I give you a job? You must be my running coach! hehe When I snarl about not feeling up to a run or something.. remind me.. yes.. yes i do.. hehe remind me how much i wan to run a half marathon in 2009! hehe

Dixied! yay! so glad you are the leaderrrr! Im in the 1000 miles thang too.. but lots of little challenges are always good to keep us motivated.. even like... week long exercise challenges once in a while to spice TBL challenge up.. hehe I dont know.. justa suggestion
Old 01-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #68  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
No such luck, you're suck with me.
Dee! We are not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelynn View Post
(Rhonda, I've noticed we have TONS in common!)
Yes, we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post
Hi - I'm Joni, a young 51, living in the Atlanta, GA area (hence I cannot use 'snowed in' as an excuse for not going to the gym)
We're neighbors!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi fellow blue team members!

I am really looking forward to this challenge. I have been on two other TBL challenges and did well enough when I participated but tend to fall off the wagon when I am not involved. So I guess I better stay involved!

On plan for me would be exercising everyday and logging what I eat in a food journal. Usually if I write it down I tend to eat better. I have been sick with a nasty cold lately and have become waaaaay toooo lax.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!! My name is Robin 24, 3 kids and i cant wait to win this challenge with you all!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #71  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Evening folks

You can call me Zinke. I'm a 33 year old, married, SAHM to 4 year old twins. I think this is my 4th go round with the blue team. I've never been more dedicated to making a change though.

Being OP to me is keeping my calories under 1800 average, drinking at least 3 quarts of water a day, and hopefully 3 days of exercise. I live Northern Michigan so I will be doing videos. I've recently decided to go vegetarian and am very, very slowly working my way to vegan.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Hey Ladies I'm not gonna discuss my level of competitiveness but......as of me typing this we are already kickin booty!! We are on page five and 70 some post the red team is on page three and a meer 30 some post. Go blue!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #73  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick while I chug my here at 4:45am. I wanted to run this am but forgot I have some meetings that I'm so not prepared for ! I'll be moving my run to after work!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #74  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Bluesers!

First day of the challenge and I'm going to be all about making sure I get some excersise every day this time. I have been fighting off a nasty cold so I have been mostly laying around for the past 4 days. That changes TODAY. I will at least get my walking done. Not sure I will attempt amy stairs yet since I still have quite alot of congestion in my chest.

Do you all excersise when you are sick? When and how do you start back? How much is to much and how much is to little? I don't want to be a wimp...but I don't want to make myself worse either.

Dixied-Thanks for taking us under your wing for this challenge! I like the idea of mini challenges for those who can participate. I can't participate in any high impact type challenge because of my bum knee...but I'm up for just about anything else!

It's the first day Team! Lets kick this thing off right!

Have a great OP day!

DJ

Last edited by djay; 01-05-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone. I haven't really caught up on all the posts yet, but will try today at work.

My name is Sarah, 24 married 3 years with a 2 year old son. This is my second BLC. I ganned all my weight back the last 2 weeks from the last challenge which is very discouraging. I am hoping to loose that fast, but we will see.
Being OP means eating healthy foods, not over eating, and workingout.
Can't wait to get all this starting.
Have a great day everyone!