Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #16  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Thats awesome Djay!! Clewles81 this is a new and my first challenge as well. I can't wait to see if I get some good results form doing this!!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi BL's,

My name is Rhonda and I'm a sugaraholic. This will be my ....hmmm....4th challenge? Seriously, I've lost count. But, this time is the charm. I've realized that my eating issues are impacting my whole family. I have a 12 year old daughter that is following in my footsteps and I want better for her in the body/weight/health arena. My husband is at his highest weight ever and he comes from a family with serious cholesterol, diabetes and heart issues. My youngest daughter, 9, is starting to pack on the inches around her tummy. So, there is only one way to manage this and it's to show everyone by example. I have the knowledge...don't we all have this knowledge from years of reading and dieting?...and it's time to put feet to the knowledge.

Today is my 15th wedding anniversary. I've been working extra long hours, but today is a day of leisure. Hubby and I are going out for sushi this evening and I'll have a small glass of plum wine, but no dessert. Tomorrow, I'm off of work again and I'll plan the menu for the next few weeks.

BTW...my oldest is vegetarian. I welcome any and all vegetarian recipe recommendations.

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Just a quick hello to everyone.

I'm glad this next challenge is starting so quick. I did pretty good with the last one until the last few weeks. I kinda lost my motivation and let the many other things going on in my life take first place while me and my needs were put on the back burner. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Way to go Djay and everyone! 2009, here we come!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #19  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everybody! Since I'm starting this new challenge, I figured I would give a bit of info about myself. I'll be 24 next month, married for almost 5 years. I have two sons, one will be 4 next month and the baby was born 9/20 this year. I have about 4 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, this last time...and about 30 lbs to lose to get to my pre-babies weight. I have quite a few goals instead of just the big one. I really want to lose weight for myself mainly, but also for my kids and husband. I have fallen off the wagon more than once, but seem to be able to get back on. *Lately I've been going two steps forward and one step back!* I'm hoping this challenge will get me to stay on longer than what I have been lately! Anyway, that's enough for now. I can't wait to get started!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #20  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all.....I've signed up for challenges in the past, only to poop out by the third or fourth week. NOT THIS TIME!

I just finished my first semester back at college in 24 years with a 4.0 average while still working a full time job. If I can do THAT, I can surely stick to a 13 week challenge!!

I feel that THIS TIME is it!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I can hardly wait for this new challenge to start, so I decided to go ahead and kick myself into high gear now. I joined the Jillian site, and I'm going start doing her circuit exercises on Saturday. I've decided I'm going to try to simply add those to what I already do now (walking 3 miles, situps & pushups). I'm also going to drop my calories from 1500 to 1400 (I know that isn't much of a drop, but 1400 was what the site recommended for me, so I'm giving it a try). I haven't lost any weight in the last month, and I'm ready to see some new progress. I really hope to get to my goal by summer.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #22  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone. I did a few of the BL challenges in the past (my username used to be veggielady). Since then, I've gained a lot of weight (uggg). That's why I really need an awesome challenge like this to kick my butt into shape.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #23  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

So how is everyone doing a few days post challenge?

Me, I am somehow down another pound but I haven't done much cardio in days. We got a huge snowstorm and the schools have been closed and even my DH has been off work, but not me. The YMCA never closes haha. I plan on working out this afternoon after a job presentation I have at work. I will already be at the Y so there shouldn't be an excuse as to why I am not working out!

Hope everyone is doing ok and has a great weekend!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #24  

hiya RED & BLUE Good to see everyone!!

This is my second challenge (once Black and once Blue...yep, Black & Blue).

Congrats djay!!! You did great!

I'm another happy camper that the second challenge is just around the corner and there's a whole new series for TBL on TV too. Just hope there are better contestants this go round.

I went to Zumba this morning and have it on my calendar next M-W-F. I've done yoga the last two days along with 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday too.

I'm tracking calories...alright. Skipped one day this week - which is never a good sign. I need consistency.

I want to close off 2008 with a bang!! And would love to be down a couple of lbs by the beginning of the next challenge.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #25  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

IT'S BEEN RIDICULOUSLY BUSY THIS WEEK AT WORK. And my caps lock was on....

The last four days my eating has been off plan. Not completely off-plan, but enough to where I just feel yucky. Luckily I'm to the point where I must buy groceries or face starvation, so I will get back on plan this weekend. My exercise hasn't slacked this week, so I'm not beating myself up over the last few days.

I've got to get back to the salt mine....
Old 12-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #26  
Starting Over

I finally got my butt in gear again today and swam 2,000 yds after work (1.14 mi) - that took 45 minutes or so, so I am good for today with cardio.

My work schedule is light this upcoming week so I really need to focus on getting to the Y and working out and not getting another case of the lazies. I am 4 pounds from my end of year goal I set for myself and I think I can get there if I work out more!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #27  
Starting Over

dixied good idea about the siggy link - i stole it from you and made mine red of course!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #28  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Everyone! And congratulations to djay. I don't know you but you've accomplished quite a feat with all that weight loss.

This has been one hectic week. Up early and to bed late and on my feet most of the day baking, cooking and shopping. I didn't get in any regular exercise as it was hit and miss most days but I did get in some and I think trotting through the mall and grocery stores must account for some kind of exercise. My eating has not been on plan and has been hit and miss also. Some days good and other days just grab and stuff it in my mouth. Today was good except for the chocolate cake--not much mind you but I could've skipped it altogether. I only had two meals today and of course I rationalized that the cake could take the place of the missing meal. So I don't think I went over calories but could have had something nutritional instead. Heaven knows there'll be more than enough opportunities to eat junk in the next few weeks. But it's good to relax today and tonight. I have most of the gifts bought and all wrapped. Most of the baking's done and whatever decorations I'm going to put up are up. I have boxes of stuff not even opened up and that's ok. The tree is decoration enough. Now, hopefully, I can get back to thinking more about me.

I'm putting a gingerbread house together. It's just for my enjoyment. I cut out the house pieces yesterday and baked them. Tomorrow I'm going to "glue" the pieces together and stick on the candy and whatever else I can find. I've never made one before so I'm looking forward to doing this. I'll post a picture (if I have energy to take one, ha, ha). I won't be eating my creation--it will be for show only. After being out for a few weeks the thought of eating it will not even tempt me.

I'm looking forward to the new challenge. I have only a few more pounds left to goal and if I keep losing a pound a week on average I'll make goal just as the challenge finishes and maybe sooner.

OK, I'm going to stop talking now and let someone else get a word in edgewise.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #29  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I was going to sit out this challenge since I wasn't really "into" it this time around, BUT I realized that is all the more reason I need to be in this one!!!! This will be my 3rd challenge and I can't wait to get started.

I will have to take a short break from exercise from 12/23-12/29 b/c I am having some surgery to remove ovarian cysts, endo, etc. and drs orders! But then I will be back at it!!!

I missed my goal of making it to onderland last challange, but I WILL make it this time around!

I look forward to chatting w/ everyone.

Last edited by mj5; 12-20-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 148/146/128

Hello everyone,, I'm new here..
I'm really looking forward for this challenge, exactly what I need after this holiday..