Old 11-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #106  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Can I just say YIPPEE!! 197.8 today and I got to move the big weight on the scale down a notch. YES!!! So now to just keep it up and try to stay under. I will probably gain at the end of the month and may pop back over. I must prepare myself. Just keep on keepin on.

Gotta run. I'll post more later.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Yaay mtiger!!! WTG!

QOTD: Well, week-ends I do much more exercise, generally, so I just have to watch the eating out or going out with friends to dinner. I try now to eat an apple or some nuts plus a lot of water before heading out the door to some outside place to eat......
Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #108  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi, so tired. Had a trip to the airport, an hour's drive both ways and then had a choir practice on top of it all. Didn't get in any exercise, except pushing mom in a wheel chair.

QOTD: This weekend I'm eating soup.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #109  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone. Things are a little crazy and I haven't too much Internet fun time, right now, but I wanted to check in. I am on track, for the most part. Still battling an odd bad day. But I can see and feel even more changes in my bod, so I know I am still losing.

Congratulations to the Red Team for winning last week's weigh in!

And to everyone on their scale and non scale victories!! Keep up the good work, everyone.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #110  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

I ordered two dresses off ebay. One arrived yesterday !! It was supposed to be delivered next wednesday or friday. So I got to try it on. I like it, just curous how the other one will look. It's supposed to arrive Monday or tuesday. but hoping for today. I checked the shipping tracker, and it left Austin TX at 342am today....and Austin is only about 60 miles south of here. so i'm hoping! lol
I read somewhere that usually frmal dresses run a size above your current jeans size. so i ordered size 8 dresses. the first one that arrived i actually a little big in the hips and waist. so i was thrilled - but dont think the 6 would have quite fit yet. lol
Old 11-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #111  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Depends on the cut of the dress and how you are shaped. I usually wear the same size as my jeans except for a-line type dresses. I wear those a size down.

I had my ball last night but my camera was dead so I am waiting on DH's friends to send us pictures. Hopefully some of them came out okay! I felt pretty good though in my dress even though it wasn't full length.

Scale said 180 today. I am pretty excited. I wanted to be into the 170s before December. Part of my weight loss is sort of tricking my mind, so if I make it to 179 even and start a new month it seems easier to chug along than if I start at 181 or so. I am hoping by the end of next week to see 178-179! I also just hit the 40 pound mark overall.

I am off to figure out what we are doing today. I need to get in some sort of workout as well. I just don't want to mess my hair up haha. It's cute still!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #112  
Isabella

Hello RED TEAM. What a great day this has been. Down 1.5 pounds (just half pound from the 50 pounds lost) and have eaten fairly good today, albeit I had dessert. But that's not why it's a great day. DS and his GF got engaged last night and told us today. There's going to be a wedding coming up and I'm getting another DIL. We were hugging and kissing and phoning the relatives to let them know. They may be married as soon as June or the summer some time. I have the dress I wore to DS#1's wedding and I guess I could wrap that one around me at least twice. Ha, ha. I get to go dress or suit shopping but not til I know when they are getting married because I'm still losing weight. We're going to be grandparents in March with DS#1 and a wedding this summer with DS#2. Oh, life is good today.

Last edited by retiredone; 11-22-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #113  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Congrats to your family Isabella!! That's so exciting! A new grand baby and a new DIL That's wonderful. Have fun dress shopping when the time comes!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:08 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

That's exciting, retiredone!

Army--cute new pic of your hub and doggie!

cakses--I hear ya' on wanting to be out of the 180's by December. May not make it, but I'll be close......

Well today was good. I had a very hard WO at the gym, ran a 5K on the tm and weight-trained at least another 30 minutes. Then later went for a moderately-long walk and sit on the beach to get some sun (with sunscreen) as I read it is important for optimum serotonin and mood levels--feel tons better than I did this time last week, but still I know I tend to get some winter/holiday blues so want to combat that as much as possible.

Well, off to bed before swim class tomorrow morning!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #115  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Retire, what happy news! A wedding and a new baby. Congratulations. Way to go on your recent loss, too.

I am hanging in there. We are starting to look for a place in town so we can get out of this dump in the pines. Soon, I hope. Very soon. The country is a nice place to visit. I don't like to live here.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #116  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I tought I would have missed quite a bit today, but I haven't. Things have really slowed down around here. I hope everyone is still working hard and just too busy to post.

My BF and i hit a milestone today. As of today, we have lost a combined total of 100 pounds. Isn't that crazy. We started in Jan, she has lost 47 and I have lost 53. that's a lot of weight. Now we want to repeat that and lose about another 100, together.

I am hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow. Here's hoping everyone else does well too.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #117  
Isabella

This has been one crazy weekend. Everyone is all excited and bubbly and making plans for the wedding and I've been eating all day. Not that everything I've eaten is bad but it's been all day. I think I'm finished now. The wedding is going to be the end of June or the beginning of July. DS and GF have talked with the minister and have tentatively booked the church and I've had my hand in everything they've been doing. I've told them not to mind me but do whatever they want but they've obliged me and let me chatter on and on about what would be nice, etc. DS will be gone all week until Friday so I guess things will be back to normal by tomorrow and I'll get back on track. I didn't get in my run today but did get my biking done. And on top of everything I made jam today.

Mtiger, that's awesome about you and your friend.

Rain Dancer, hope you find a place in town that you like.

Thanks modcat and armywife. I'm excited. Can you tell?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #118  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Okay so some sh!t went down and I'm not going to be home until tomorrow afternoon. I miss Leonidas and my computer SO much! TOM started last week and I hope he didn't screw me over too bad on WI this week.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #119  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

I ate out twice today and went to the movies (Bolt 3D) and I still managed to stay on plan as much as possible. Hoping to have a good weigh in tomorrow. Off to bed!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Morning!!

I had a teeny little loss for the weighin this week (0.2lbs), but at least it is going in the right direction. My goal for this week is to maintain. With Thanksgiving right in the middle of the week, I'm pretty sure that making a loss my goal would be hopeless.

I've started a new thread for the exercise challenge. There are only 3 weeks left, and we need to get on the ball! Come on ladies, we can do this!!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 11-24-2008 at 08:59 AM.