Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
WB Kelleigh and WTG on the loss! Now don't go running off again!!!

YES DRILL SARGENT! (said in my very best impersonation of Forrest, Forrest Gump)
Old 11-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #137  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good evening. I hope everyone remembers to post their weight by tonight.

Had a really off plan weekend for food and exercise because of all the excitement about the engagement but today was a new start for this week.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #138  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I have horrrrrrrible chocolate craving before TOM - anyone else afflicted with this? Anyone else know a survival tactic that doesn't include inhaling whole chocolate bars??
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #139  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Miriam...try smelling peppermint! Get some gum, light some peppermint candles...It might all be a mind trick but I swear it works for me!!

Way to go Cakses!!! Excellent job last week!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #140  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Kelleigh, 2 pounds!

Mindy, 2.2 pounds!

Cakses, you are doing great! You seem to have found just the right balance of food and exercise.

I was a bit off track, yesterday. Monday, you know... But I didn't do any real damage. Thursday will be another day much like today. I am hoping for some kind of loss this week. But I still have my freebies floating around and can use one, if I have to.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

Hello team, It's turned cold here and I've lost my drive to excercise temporarily since last week. On top of that, I've been craving nothing but burritos and I've had several this week. Unfortunately the scale is starting to show it. I'm not going to get too bummed about it. I'll be back on track as soon as I get on the plane to fly home an see everyone for the holiday.

Since I'm going home for Thanksgiving and neither my parents nor my boyfriend's places have a scale, I am buying one tonight. Call me crazy, but I need to be able to keep track of all the eating going on this weekend. It's become an absolute habit for me to check my weight daily since March and it drives me nuts when I visit them for 3+ days at a time and there is no scale. I figure I'll use the scale while I'm at my parents' place, and then take it to my boyfriend's apartment and leave it there. This way I can keep on track, and he can start weighing himself because he could stand to lose a few himself!

Last edited by orthodiva; 11-25-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #142  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations to Cakses for being our RED TEAM'S Biggest Loser this week. Our team members have dropped off dramatically since September. Guess they went to the elimination room and never came back.

I'm having Tomato Stew with Dumplings for lunch. The stew part is so low in calories I could eat 3 or 4 bowlfuls and it wouldn't count for much but the dumplings could be my downfall but I'm only making a few and must share them with DH and mom.

Must go exercise and get those dumplings in the pot.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #143  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I know TOM is gonna be here any minute. Last night I ate 1/3rd of a Hershey bar (the big ones) and two Rice Krispie treats LOL. Talk about losing it. I have no good plan to let you know about. I just let myself do it every so often. Last month it was salty foods that I craved.

Today I am back on track and am headed out to work. Going to try to sneak in some water aerobics while teaching my parent/child classes. I like my Tues/Thurs schedule because I get off work at 12:30 which means a lot of time at home to relax. And since I am feeling better I *will* go to the Y early today before Gabe's swim lessons and run. No excuses!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #144  
Starting Over

Thanks for the kudos everyone. It feels good to be successful and have a place to go to share the successes (and failures of course). I am so blessed to have found this site a year ago!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #145  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

WTG Cakses!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

cakses! You are doing so well!

yes, I know what you mean about it being so nice to have a place to go to obsess over our weight/exercise triumphs and tragedies.....My poor DH is so tired of hearing me talk about it--I am always saying what I need to do, what I'm going to go do, what I ate, what I shouldn't eat, blah, blah.

I am working out hard, trying to eat sparingly for Thurs/Fri. I plan on not stopping my exercise, want to run 45 minutes outside when I get turkey in the oven, and hoping for not more than a pound or so gain and quickly off again before the week-end is over!

We can do it! Go Team!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Congrats cakses! You've been doing an awesome job.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #148  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

alright, i didnt wanna finish my workout schedule. but iam determined to win at least one of my allowances lol and i wanna look good for the ball and for when i go back to see family in GA next month. Last time they saw me was in Feb and I was about 150 lbs an in a large top and size 10 pants.
I walked to school to pick up my DD from school (the neighbor's son stayed hom from school, so she did not do p/u this afternoon). I decided it wasnt too cold or hot, and i could get a great workout and save gas and the hassle of traffic in the parking lot. and i jogged/ran at least half the way home with DD - we had a race to get home (I won!). I ran hard the last stretch to get into the driveway first. A year ago I wouldnt have made it more than 1 minute jogging,,,,,and i mostly jogged home and full out ran for at least 2 minutes or so of the trip back home. I'm so proud of me. Last year, she sooooo would have beat me home long before I could get near our street
I've updated my exercise challenge. 850 calories yesterday adn another 930 calories burned today. I will eat good and still get some fitness in this thanksgivng! lol
Old 11-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #149  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Darn, I knew that Blue Team was looking good. Oh well. We won 2 weeks in a row. Plus, just look at us. The ones of us who have stuck around are all working hard and making progress. RIGHT-O???? If there is one thing I've learned this year, it is how to just stick to my guns. I never quit!!! I don't even falter very often. I might not always get the best results at the scale, but I have changed my life. What more can I ask for???

Let's keep up the good work team. We are doing a great job.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #150  
Starting Over

WTG Mandey on the running! It's crazy to look back to our lives "before", isn't it? The things we thought weren't possible suddenly are.

Mindy, consistency is key. You haven't ever quit and that is awesome. Just think about Christmas, another 4 weeks away and you can look back and not ever have to worry about being near the 200 mark again because by then you'll be long gone from it! Makes the holidays seem so much more special this year.