Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post

The kids had their 4th b-day party yesterday and for once my cake turned out great.
Love the cake!!! I made a Farm Themed cake for my son's 1st birthday last year. It had a barn, pond, and grass/meadow area. I just made a noah's ark cake for one of the girls at work who had a baby. This year for my son's 2nd birthday I plan on Making a Duck Cake with pond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Goodmorning Bluesers!

Today is a big milesone for me also! I have two big rewards planned for this weight loss journey. Today I get the first one. I passed the 50 lb mark! That means I can finally get my car detailed!!!! Can't wait! It will be like getting a brand new car!

This week has been such an exciting time. Fitting into my favorite old pants, onederland and the 50 lb. mark. It has really eased my transition into the cooler weather that usually is such a downer for me! I feel rejuvinated and ready to take on winter now! Go ahead...bring it on...I feel so good, I don't think SAD can touch me this year!!!
Congrats on getting down 50lbs and to Onederland I recently got into a pair of jeans I have never worn before. I bought them without trying them on and could barely get them past my but and thighs and now they are ready for public view!

Amy - Sorry for the lose in your family

Well this weekend hasn't been very good to me. Since my son was sick last week he must have given it to me this weekend. I have been sick all weekend and getting worse by the day. I'm hoping to feel better in the next couple days. I haven't worked out since Friday. But on the other hand I haven't been eating a whole lot, so I guess in a way that is good.

I did post a gain this week of .8. Sorry!! Maybe I will do better next week.

Have a good OP Day everyone!!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #77  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
I'm excited about the Facebook page. I went and looked at it, and I want to join, but how?
Looks like you figured it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieMom View Post
dixied,
I think you friend'd me on Facebook the other day and I'm sure I said "yes" but I can't find you on my list. If it was you can you kindly friend me again?
I sent you another request.

Amy - Hope your family is coping well with your losses.

Zinke - Cute cake! Have you checked out the cakewrecks blog? I hope you're feeling better soon.

Dora - I had a piece of the Amish Friendship Bread when I brought it into work, but I knew I'd eat both loaves of it if I didn't share. I kept one of the starters for when my mom and aunt visit next week.

I had a 1/2 pound loss this week. Unfortunately the scales showed a gain this morning, but that could be the serving of ww pasta(?) I can't think of anything else it could be. Maybe water retention, I managed to get dehydrated on Saturday, so my body didn't want to let anything go yesterday. Hopefully by next weigh in any damage will be undone.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #78  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I'm .2 for my week's goal of being 262! I'm at 262.2 this morning-that's a loss of 4.2 pounds for the week! im happy
Let's see if I can boost it a bit higher this week coming.

I am in the process of moving and goodbye to my DH this week.. but I WILL NOT RESORT TO FOOD OR BEING LAZY!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #79  
Made of Starstuff

Warning!!!! RANTishness!!!!:

It is not even October, yet.

Yes, yes I love October. And quite honestly, Halloween is one of my most favouritest (purposeful poor grammar) holiday ever.

But, WHY, mystery co-worker, WHY did you bring a HUGE bowl of Halloween candy into work? No one will be trick-or-treating here, I promise you. And that candy may have been on sale. And you won't be eating it, since it's not in your home, no.

It is sitting right next to the toaster, where I have to toast my morning English Muffin. So there I stand, staring at this large bowl of sugar insanity. It's as huge as an olympic swimming pool... inviting me to take a dive in. Just one. "NO! Candy bowl, no. I will not be swimming in candy today." Says I.

The funny thing was, the more I stared at this bathtub full of candy, the less I wanted any. It has now become the least attractive candy in the world.

The more this ocean-sized candy bowl beckons... the further I want to run away. "HA HA Candy bowl! I cannot hear you from way over here. What's that you want? You want me to refuse you again? I'll be happy to oblige."

Saying "NO" is quite addictive. More addictive than sugar.

Still... I'd rather avoid the temptation altogether.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #80  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, just checking in. I turn my back for 4 days and return to 15 pages of posts...give a girl a break. I will catch up later but just wanted to say I havent dropped off the planet and let everyone know how Im getting on. A weekend away for a hen do and TOM means no lose this week, sorry. I have been battleing all week not to gain and have just managed. Heres to a loose for week three.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #81  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning/Afternoon!

I'm heading out for lunch but I wanted to remind you all to weigh in for Week 2 before 11:59 pm EST tonight!

Dee - Love the new avatar!

I'll try and be back online in about an hour or so.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #82  

Hey BLUE!!! CONGRATS ON ALL THE LOSSES THIS WEEK!!

i'm down 1 lb for week 2 and i'll take it onward and downward!! i've decided to shake up my cardio for, hopefully, the month of October. this morning i did a HIIT workout on the TM - 5 min warm-up, then upped the TM to 6.5 for 1 minute followed by 2 minutes of 3.5 and repeated this until i hit 30 minutes on the TM, then had a niiiiiiiice cooldown. i was dripping and huffing and puffing! it was TOUGH but i actually felt great afterwards! i'll add this in 2 x a week along with my yoga workouts. had a good power yoga workout yesterday too...another dripping workout.

manick, what a lovely night out under the stars!

jaime, i also have a love/hate relationship with leslie. she can be soooo chipper!

djay, what a week you've had!! hooray hooray for you!! i love having my car detailed too!

rhonda, i so understand those "lose your head" moments. you did good by jumping right back on track.

you bakers - mmmmm, mmmmmm good!

kim, your persistence paid off.

dumplin, nice loss!!

faerie, walk away from the candy bowl. we are right there on your shoulder whispering "walk away from the candy bowl".
Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #83  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
ItSaying "NO" is quite addictive. More addictive than sugar.

Still... I'd rather avoid the temptation altogether.
I hear you. There is so much satisfaction from being able to withstand temptation! But, still, it's better to just not be tempted. Be strong!

I squeezed out a 1 pound loss this week.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

Well I thought I did fairly well at camp this weekend, mostly keeping my portions in control. The scales say otherwise though - somehow I'm up 2lbs?! I honestly do not understand, but it is what it is. I've got a sinus infection, so maybe that 2lbs is all the congestion lurking in my sinuses right now!

Now I just need to focus on having a great week THIS week. I'm going out to dinner tonight, and will be making smart choices - no drinking, no dessert, especially!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #85  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm back from the gym and did my step class. I miss it like crazy and it is so much fun. DD even had fun and didn't want to leave. At first she didn't want to go but when I went to pick her up, she didn't want to leave. I feel so much better now. I think I will try that pumpkin muffin recipe. You said it's about 100 calories? Gotta go back and look at it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #86  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Alright ... let the yell fest begin. I went to lunch with my DH and DILs and had a very nice salad and was doing good. I went into the kitchen for my 4 oz Activia Light yogurt and what do I see. Left over from a meeting are: Gooey sweet rolls with tons of icing, cheese danishes, cherry danishes, etc. Do I get my yogurt and leave? NO ... I ate a cheese danish. Please let the stoning begin so I can't get out of my chair and go get another one.

It is the little stuff that is killing me, the 1 thing here, the other thing there, etc. I have to get back under control. The exercise is doing fairly well, but the eating has gone to HE Double Hockey Sticks.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #87  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
... I ate a cheese danish. Please let the stoning begin so I can't get out of my chair and go get another one.
Kelly, do you really wanna deal with those crappy feelings...physically and mentally...that come from eating offplan? Is it worth feeling discouraged and angry with yourself? Feeling run down and depressed from the sugar? Leave those things alone! You don't need them. They add not one thing positive to your life.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-29-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #88  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Manick DH and I also sit out on the deck til late, watching the stars come out - only I have the blanket, but I may splurge this year and get a fire pit - you made it sound so awesome. [COLOR=green]Yes I do love the NW!
Dora, I am sending you extra strength this week so the Onderland door opens up to you soon! Yes! Maybe get a fire pit, tending the fire will give you something to do with your hands while hanging out. (Only 3 marshmallows per week, now! ) I'll have to post a picture of our patio set up. The last 2 nights were just about the most wonderful nights I have ever spent in our backyard! I'm gonna want to do this every night now! The past 2 summers we've been up on the deck which opens up off our dining room, but we have a patio down below the deck and THAT's where it's at for me from now on! I hope you get to all your pre-winter stuff in your yard before the rains set in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Well I lost .8 for the week.
I'm right there with you (.02 for week 2) but a loss is a loss! At least it's DOWN! Have a good week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I passed the 50 lb mark!
DJ Huge congrats on the 50# and Onderland!!! I'm celebrating your hard work with you!

Quote:
Saturday: Food = good. Exercise = Shouldcouldawoulda.
Sunday: Food = Ah.. not so good. Exercise = Same.
Yeah, but did you spread some this weekend?
Make it a good week, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Good news - still not smoking and it's not overly painful right now.
That IS good news! Good job, Heather!!

Quote:
The funny thing was, the more I stared at this bathtub full of candy, the less I wanted any. It has now become the least attractive candy in the world.
It's a darn good thing too! As I recall, your blue team is not above spitting and throwing old Kleenexes into the candy bowl! Saying NO seems much easier than picking thru the bowl for an unscathed piece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
I'm back from the gym and did my step class. I miss it like crazy and it is so much fun.
I'm glad you enjoyed getting back into your exercise routine!

Quote:
It is the little stuff that is killing me, the 1 thing here, the other thing there, etc. I have to get back under control. The exercise is doing fairly well, but the eating has gone to HE Double Hockey Sticks.
Hm...no stones from me. (Let she/he who has not done that cast the first stone and all that....) Do you keep any on plan treats for yourself at work? You know what to do...!

Last edited by Manick; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: oh, left out a few critical words...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #89  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Please let the stoning begin so I can't get out of my chair and go get another one.
- No, that's not actually a hug. I'm physically restraining you from getting up to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
It's a darn good thing too! As I recall, your blue team is not above spitting and throwing old Kleenexes into the candy bowl! Saying NO seems much easier than picking thru the bowl for an unscathed piece!
Well now... that candy just seems disgusting.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #90  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I've got another pumkin muffin recipe!

SPICED PUMPKIN MUFFIN

1 Box Spiced Cake mix
1 can pumpkin (15oz.)
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice

Mix the three ingredients
You may need to add 1/2 cup water to get this all mixed together.WW=1pt.