Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #466  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Stacy - I've seen your picture and you are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! Do not let some idiot ruin your mojo.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn225 View Post
Hi Team -I usually feel like I don't have much to share with everyone but now I do and a part of me doesn't want to. But really I think I just need support right now so here I am.
This past weekend I had someone, a stranger, make a pretty rude and hurtful comment about me and now I can't seem to get past it. .
Stacy It sounds like you're making some good choices. I think we all have felt the way you did with either a direct comment or a look. Keep smiling
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagirl28 View Post
Sorry to the blue team but I must leave the challenge for personal reasons.
I wish everyone the best of luck maybe I can catch ya'll on the next challenge
Good vibes and many prayers for you and the girls. I so appreciate what the service men for our country have done to insure our freedom. My condolences for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowingair View Post
Stacy It sounds like you're making some good choices. I think we all have felt the way you did with either a direct comment or a look. Keep smiling
Stacy.....people can be cruel but it is usually to make themselves feel better for their inadequacies.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi all, I feel like I haven't been helping my team. I really plan on working harder at losing weight this week. I've been exercising, but I need to make some adjusting to my eating. I'm hoping for a big lose next week. Go Blue
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Evening everyone! Just getting caught up on the thread while I watch Biggest Loser.

My fiance is thinking about joining a ball hockey league at the community centre near us, and if he does, I think I'm going to find something to sign up for at the same time! If he's going, it'll motivate me to go do whatever I'm registered for, too. Even if I just go to the gym while he's playing, it'll be a big help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Sorry I've been MIA since Friday, my sister had her baby this weekend so my computer access has been infrequent at best!
Congrats Auntie!!

Quote:
When this mean ugly person made this comment about me my first instinct was to call my mom.
I think you hit the nail on the head - the person who was rude to you is MEAN and UGLY on the inside. Try not to let the poison that is their rudeness infect you!

I also think you raise a really important point - we all need to be strong and take care of our mental health just as much as our physical health. Take care of yourself and good luck with the doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I can't beleive I am at a point in my life whre I feel i can jog ( super slowly) forever! Crazy!
WOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
I'm having a sucktastic week. My sinus issues from July had come back.
Aw, Dee, I hope you feel better soon. Sinus issues are so frustrating.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:07 AM   #471  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Well I haven't had the best week this past week and I let stress get to me when I shouldn't. Can't worry about it though because it's in the past. My plan is to get back into exercising and keep track of my points. I will go home today and do a WATP video. I ordered the Jillian 30 day Shred DVD and 3 lb weights so hopefully they will get here soon. I have heard it's quite a workout!
Jen, I always enjoy seeing you here! And you never give up. I'm interested in the Jillian Shred but with my knee problem, not sure if I could manage it. Please report back here if a big girl with a wimpy knee could hang - or would Jillian "shred" me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hi Bluesers,
I'm already seeing some nice changes in my body since I started with the weights.
I love to hear this from you Rhonda- I know how hard you've tried, pressed on and now . . . success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post

Oh please don't be disappointed You've made so much progress and onderland will be yours!
Thanks Heather, so much for your encouragement - I feel much better now (see end of post).

[quote=Blue Serenity;2397934]Will somebody PLEASE my mouth shut?!?!?!??! And give me a swift kick in the rear while you're at it! I just don't know what my problem is. Cookies were my friend yesterday after a lousy weekend. quote]

will a zipper do??? I do know what the problem is now, since seeing the naturopath - what a blessing of a day, more at the end of post.

Quote:
I've pretty much been a healthy eater my entire life and always have been overweight. I'm pretty active and have always struggled.
.... They both seem to believe (and a part of me does too) that something might be wrong somewhere within me. At this point i'm kind of hoping that there is so I can get this figured out and move on with my life...continue to eat right and exercise but maybe see a difference in my weight. My appointment is in 2 weeks and it can't come fast enough!
Stacy - you eat right and have always been overweight? I think you're right, something's wrong. And maybe you can arrange to get to a naturopath if the doctor says its all in your head - because my visit today has lifted my spirits beyond all I can say. But above all that, you are who you are inside - and that guy - well, his insides must look just horrible and I'm sure he has some real miserable times when he's all alone, with no one but himself to talk to. At least you have your mom . . . mine's been gone since I was 16 . . . 2 weeks will be here soon. Hold on

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post

We can take back our crown next week. Blue!
We just need to back to our looser ways!
Yes, Donna, indeed, lets take our crown back next week and from then on. Oh B-losers, I had such a wonderful visit with the naturopath. You know, she's actually a chiropractor, but her major in college was in biochemistry and was she so RIGHT ON, on all my symptoms, without labs or any other testing other than the 9 page "interview" I filled out and looking at my nails, tongue, skin and having me drink some Zinc. I knew I was hypothyroid, but she also told me I have low adrenal function (actually she termed it exhausted adrenals) and the biggest problem estrogen dominance, which I had never heard of. She explained it to me as a nurse and it was fascinating and illuminating. She immediately changed me over to Armour thyroid and an adrenal formula. A lot of her "prescription" is herbal, with an eastern base (oriental medicine). She has me on two phases (because I live 70 miles away and insurance doesn't pay) which she combined into today's visit to save me money. The first phase is to work on the thyroid, adrenals and candida during which she states I should, almost without a doubt lose 8-10 lbs. Then in the second phase, to boost metabolism and balance my liver "chi", which she is certain I will lose another 8-10 lbs "Without even trying". I go back in 6 weeks to see if this formula needs any adjustment, but she said losing weight will be so much easier because my metabolism will be revved up and even my libido may return "first in the form of dreams". All sounds verrrrrrry interesting and i just can't wait for my supplements, thyroid and formulas to get here (I ordered them all online through her preferred suppliers). I'll keep you posted.

So Stacy - there may INDEED by something wrong, and sometimes, conventional doctors won't find it. But don't get discouraged, keep seeking the answers. Good health is the best defense for old age, where we all have to go sometime, even if it's kicking and screaming all the way!

Sorry to go on so long, but I'm just so excited!!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 10-08-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Dora.....I am so interested in seeing how things go for you. For years I suffered from acid reflux and heartburn......I thought it was something I needed to live with and then I found out I had an enlarged gallbladder that was packed with stones. Gallbladder was taken out but they discovered what I call a 'blood blister' spot on my liver that is supposed to monitored on a yearly basis....hasn't happened. When our bodies go 'ka-plunk' it is so expensive. The short of it is I have a doctor's appointment in November and I am hoping he can tell me why I have to work so hard and lose so little. I know being 51 and menopausal doesn't help because my clock is ticking.....I hope to find some good news for myself. Just wanted to let you know......I am listening and watching!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #473  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Bluesers,

Dora-Im so happy for you! You sound so excited about the course of treatment that you were given. Sounds like you found someone who will treat what is wrong instead of just telling you that you need to lose weight and then all your problems will go away. I look forward to hearing more about how your treatment is going.

I have about given up on traditional doctors. Seems if you have something on their list of high risks they use that as a reason for all that ails you. They basicly have an excuse if something bad happens...you are fat so it is your fault...NEXT...It's an easy out for them...When I used to smoke it was the same thing...everything was blamed on the smoking.

hmmm....they may have to treat what is wrong with me when I am a thin non-smoker!

It's been raining here...that always drags me down and for whatever reason makes me hang on to some water weight...so the scale is not co-operating for the past couple of mornings. That doesn't help to brighten my mood any.

But...I got an email from Medifast on Monday that my shipment went out as scheduled and they included the UPS tracking information. It should be here today! YAY! Just in time to spare me from having to eat those concrete eggs!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

D
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #474  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
This past weekend I had someone, a stranger, make a pretty rude and hurtful comment about me and now I can't seem to get past it.
My goodness, what kind of rude idiot was that, because you are just stunningly BEAUTIFUL!?! Don't let yourself be defined by the comments of an obnoxious stranger because you are gorgeous inside and out!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #475  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Gang

The season change is really kicking my butt this year, I just feel miserable achy and crabby all the time. I'm having a harder time getting up in the morning and going to bed at night. Just all around yuck.

Good news is I've started eating breakfast at home again and I haven't had fast food so far this week. Lets hope at least that trend continues!

I hate to be such a hit and run this morning, but I have some other projects I need to get setup this morning.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #476  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

September/October always seems like the busiest time of year for me, and I have not stopped moving since last month. Luckily this week winds down the Jewish High Holidays, so I won't have to have any family holiday dinners until Thanksgiving after tomorrow night. Seriously, I've never been so happy to fast for Yom Kippur than I am this year, because last week, I did nothing but eat for Rosh Hashana!

I did end up losing .2 pounds this past week, breaking me of my 6 week streak of gaining every other week. It's not much, but it's a loss, so I'll take it. I also made a commitment at my Weight Watchers meeting (out loud! In front of everybody!) that I will work my hardest to lose one pound this week, so I can officially say I've lost 60 pounds.

Of course, I still need to get through the 2 family holiday dinners and a birthday party this week, but I know I can do it. I just need to actually drink the water, do the exercise, and MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS!!

*hugs* to all of you, and keep up the good work!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #477  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning everyone...

Sorry I've been away from the thread little bit. I've been in sort of a funk, crabby mood lately and it has nothing to do with my weight loss or anything for a change. I haven't had proper sleep for the past few days and dh's work and his current project is dragging us down so to speak. It's just affecting us personally or rather me in a way cuz I know he's stressed, overworked, and lot of other things and it's taking it's toll on me too. I hate being like this and I just want to get away somewhere for few days. And to make it worse I woke up with a stiff neck this morning. Anyhoo, I did not do my evening workout yesterday cuz I was just not in the mood. I only managed to walk at work which was good I did that. Other than that everything else is ok I guess.

Stacy, I'm so sorry some a** made rude comments to you. Honestly, you're gorgeous and working hard to be healthy and achieve your goals. Please don't let some dumba** ruin your efforts or throw you off course. I can totally relate with the emotions you're going thru as I've been thru it too. I've had strangers say rude, unintelligent, abnoxious comments to be before and they hurt terribly and to this day when I remember I still feel the hurt at times. But the fact that I'm in a much better place than some of those people keeps me going. Some people are just idiots and they'll remain idiots. Please don't let it bring you down. I'm glad you talked to us and shared your experience even though I know it was tough.

Heather, believe me I want to sleep but his stress is keeping me up and making me moody. Unfortunately, there's no respite till next month. Yay to more crabby days for me. BTW how are you doing smoke free? Are the urges getting better?

Dixie, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you're mom and aunt will understand you're not feeling well and if you want to go rest.

Amy, your gain is probably muscle Girl, you've been exercising 1000+ mins a week so I think there's some muscle development. Give it some time and it will start coming off.

Marianne, I totally agree it will help. I hope you find something fun to join.

Dora, I'm so glad your naturopath visit was successful . That is indeed something to be excited about...8-10 lbs loss per phase...that's amazing Keep us posted on how the medicines are helping you get everything in balance.

Djay, woohoo!! your medifast is on it's way. I know you were stressed out cuz of the mix up with them. No more eating concrete

Chelle, that's awesome! you stayed away from fast food for a week. Here's to new healthy habits forming!!!

Staja, sending positive vibes to you. I know you can do it too! I know family dinners, parties etc can be terrible and very hard to stay OP but keep your goal in mind and focus on what needs to be done. And congrats on the loss

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by pintobean; 10-08-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #478  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I haven't been able to read the other posts but will try to do it today. I am down to 190, almost out of the 190's. I can fit into a smaller pair of jeans.....woohoo!!!!! I have step class today, i am so addicted to it. DH told me to stay home because DD is tired but I told him no way, that's her fault for going to sleep at 1 in the morning. She usually has fun at the kids gym. My female dog will be having puppies soon. This morning found her under DS2's bed and when I was finally able to get her out, she was shivering. I don't know why. I don't know if it's part of the labor or not but I calmed her down and now she's sleeping peacefully on her bed. Not sure.

My DH's birthday is coming next month and I wanna do a big surprise birthday for him, like at a banquet hall or something. He doesn't like stuff like that but in the end it makes him feel really good knowing that I went through what I did to do that for him. Don't know yet. We'll see.

Well, gotta through the laundry in the dryer. Will be back on later.

chao
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #479  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya, Bluesers!

Our skies are overcast today. Maybe that's why I'm so tired. I went back to bed for a while after getting the DD's off to school. I don't think it helped much. Of course, it could be the wonderful workout I had yesterday. I had to convince myself to get on the treadmill yesterday, then ended up increasing my speed of the run/walks and the duration of the intervals. I felt awesome afterward!

StayLynn and Nori - You are beautiful women! Don't worry about these jerks who simply don't really matter in your life.

Anjuli and Chellez...and anybody else in a funk....what are you doing to make yourself feel better? Come up with a plan. How about a walk? A nice warm soak in a bath while reading a yummy book? A chat on the phone with an old friend?

Dora - I am so excited for you! Without going into a long story, I can tell you that I was diagnosed with estrogen dominance, adrenal fatigue and insulin resistance about 2 1/2 years ago. I was gaining weight like crazy..75 pounds in less than 2 years!...and I was a nervous wreck! I finally found a doctor who practiced a combination of conventional and alternative medicine and it literally changed my life. He diagnosed me through conventional blood tests along with saliva tests and fingernail/tongue/eye exams. I recovered from my adrenal fatigue, beat the insulin resistance and have found a hormone therapy to fight the estrogen dominance. Please feel free to PM me to chat. Anyone who knows me well also knows that I'm a huge proponent of practitioners who practice both conventional and alternative medicine and an advocate for women's health issues. And...BTW...I found the libido again.

Today - I must track everything in Daily Plate. I've lost track of the amount of calories I'm consuming each day and I can't allow myself to stray too far off course. I will also get some form of cardio exercise.

Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-08-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone again. As the week goes on i'm feeling better and better. You are all definitely helping...i'm glad I decided to post here. You guys are awesome!

Dora
- I don't know much about the doctor yet. I'm supposed to meet with my aunt soon to find out. All I know is that he specializes in weight loss and they'll run a bunch of different tests on me, blood work, etc. to see if there is anything wrong. I will definitely let everyone know what the outcome is once I do go. Its nice to hear your positive outcome from your visit!

Dawn
- I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. My prayers go out to you and your girls.

Flowingair - Keep kicking butt this week for that big loss next week!