Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #436  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
Oh I just found out what I am doing this weekend! Honey just came in from work early. He has planned us a trip for the weekend in Pigeion Forge, Tenn. He has rented us a cabin for two nights!
DH and I had our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge at a really nice cabin. Hope you had a great time! We loved it there and want to go back sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Well.. I was here once but have been hoovering.. but I am officially down 50 pounds.. and I BETTER NOT go back up past that mark again!!
WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeaganx View Post
Eek I think I've fallen off the wagon!
Don't let it get to you. Just get back on the wagon and keep looking ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Oh, Bluesers! I forgot to share....I passed my bumper number! I've been at this since November 06 and I have never managed to make it past 224. Well, that's in the past, baby! I'm at the lowest weight I've been in 3 years.
Way to go girl! I'm so proud of you!

Well I haven't had the best week this past week and I let stress get to me when I shouldn't. Can't worry about it though because it's in the past. My plan is to get back into exercising and keep track of my points. I will go home today and do a WATP video. I ordered the Jillian 30 day Shred DVD and 3 lb weights so hopefully they will get here soon. I have heard it's quite a workout!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #437  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bluesers,

Today, I'll be wogging for 60 minutes and going to the fitness center for some weight training. I'm already seeing some nice changes in my body since I started with the weights. The inches seem to be disappearing faster than the weight. My goal is to wog for at least 5 days this week.

Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #438  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I'm very proud to report that I've actually had a loss for 3 weeks in a row. I'm on a roll! I'm determined to reach Onederland this year. Wouldn't it be nice if I reached it by the end of this challenge? Who's on the Onederland train with me? Let's do this!!GO BLUE!
Rhonda I'm so proud of you! Three weeks in a row of losses AND passing the bumper weight. I'll see you in onderland soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
I didn't get enough sleep last night cuz dh is very stressed at work, not sleeping well so it seems that's rubbing off on me
Get some sleep lady! I know I can't function w/o sleep anyway. Here's hoping the stress eases up for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeline View Post
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Unfortunately I'm not one of 'em. I maintained. Oh well...better than a gain.
Nothing wrong with that in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit View Post
After I got there I was talked into working out and I did it in flip flops with a hat on my bed head and NO BRA! It wasn't a pretty site, but at least I got it done. I know better now than to try to sneak in on a Monday with HER there and not be ready to workout.
Girly that is awesome! Way to go on getting your workout in - just pack a sports bra next time And 2lbs is nothing to scoff at for the week - congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
I exceeded my 300 minutes a week goal and I'm ready to do it again this week!
I think I'm stealing your goal. I never really set an exercise goal and this might push me to do a bit more. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
As for me, 1 lb. which I am grateful for, but truly - I'm disappointed with. Wanted to make Onederland for my birthday, but it looks too far down the tracks to catch it now.
Oh please don't be disappointed You've made so much progress and onderland will be yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I maintained this week, which is ok.
Of course it's okay! It's not a gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
My lunch at the Macaroni grill wasn't the best choices....But it was really really good. I just have to eat healthier tonight and the rest of the week!
One meal never undoes all your hard work. You enjoyed your treat now back on the wagon

Quote:
Man I have changed!
Good for you! I know I still struggle with vacations and eating right so this is amazing progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I would like to take this time to formally thank Manick for getting me addicted to green beans. I'm now a total green bean freak (like I needed another freak flag to fly.)
On the list - you guys are making me crave green beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagirl28 View Post
Sorry to the blue team but I must leave the challenge for personal reasons.
I'm so sorry and please take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
It was my birthday last thursday and its just been all down hill from there, too much food, too much drink and not enough exercise, so I am happy with maintaining but I really need to kick it into high gear and get back on track now.
Happy belated birthday Congrats on the run - that's just more then I could imagine doing right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
I ordered the Jillian 30 day Shred DVD and 3 lb weights so hopefully they will get here soon. I have heard it's quite a workout!
I hope you enjoy it! You guys talking about it makes me want to try it also though I never stick with home videos. I'm going to check to see if it's on demand since I'm working from home for about 2 weeks.

Have a great day all. I must get some work done now
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #439  
Intuitive Eater

Will somebody PLEASE staple my mouth shut?!?!?!??! And give me a swift kick in the rear while you're at it! I just don't know what my problem is. Cookies were my friend yesterday after a lousy weekend. Let's see what Tuesday brings.

GirlyGirl, great NSV! And as you know, muscle weighs more than fat! Don't sweat the scales.

Hopeful, you're so right, what's done is done, it's in the past. Gotta work on the present!

irishkatt, happy belated birthday!

Sarati, enjoy making your costumes and drop in when you can! (I've got some sewing I've been putting off for about a year. Need to fit that in somewhere!)

Practiceliving, way to go on the eating victories! And congrats on the new job.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #440  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi Bluesers!
Well after doing damage control after being on vacation for a week I was estatic to see a 1lb loss this week. Last night we went out for our cheat meal after TOPS but this morning I am back with a renewed energy. I had a smoothy this morning for breakfast and am already trying to decide what I can have for lunch. I have to lay off the bread this week. That is my personal challenge. Not giving it up altogether, just easing up a bit. I am also NOT going to have another cheat until Monday night. There. I said it out loud.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 281/264/150

Height: 5'5"

flagirl,

Please take care of yourself and daughters. I'll send positive vibes your way. My sympathies on your loss.

~~Melanie~~
Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #442  

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been MIA since Friday, my sister had her baby this weekend so my computer access has been infrequent at best! I am back to work today so I should be around. I missed the WI deadline unfortunately because of all the new baby craziness but so it goes, I still had both of my freebies so no big deal! Looks like we had a good week last week, we'll kick Red's butt next week

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #443  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I wish everyone the best of luck maybe I can catch ya'll on the next challenge
My heart goes out to you and your family.
May God be with each and every one at this time.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Team -I usually feel like I don't have much to share with everyone but now I do and a part of me doesn't want to. But really I think I just need support right now so here I am.
This past weekend I had someone, a stranger, make a pretty rude and hurtful comment about me and now I can't seem to get past it. I am worried about the way I look and what I wear everytime I step out of the house. It's only Tuesday and I'm worried about what to wear to work the rest of the week because people might be judging me. I know I shouldn't care. And I know i'm on the road to doing the right thing, losing weight and being healthy. I've just been an emotional mess since Saturday and i'm not sure what to do to get past this. I can't even feel comfortable in my most favorite outfits!
I've pretty much been a healthy eater my entire life and always have been overweight. I'm pretty active and have always struggled.
When this mean ugly person made this comment about me my first instinct was to call my mom. We are really close but dont' have the type of relationship where we cry to each other. I cried to her. I think I worried her and the next morning she called my aunt. My aunt is pretty well off so she has made an appointment with a doctor for me to see and has offered to pay for it since they do not accept my insurance. They both seem to believe (and a part of me does too) that something might be wrong somewhere within me. At this point i'm kind of hoping that there is so I can get this figured out and move on with my life...continue to eat right and exercise but maybe see a difference in my weight. My appointment is in 2 weeks and it can't come fast enough!

Thanks everyone for listening...and thank you in advance for your advice. It is much needed and much appreciated!! I kind of started rambling a lot here. There just isn't many people I can talk to about this. I know a lot of you understand.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #445  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn225 View Post
This past weekend I had someone, a stranger, make a pretty rude and hurtful comment about me and now I can't seem to get past it.
I'm sorry this happened to you. I think reaching out to someone around you was the right thing to do since it has upset you so much. There probably are underlying issues. Self worth, body image, self love... Those things don't automatically change as our outward body does...although it helps. It helps me to find things I DO like about my body and my looks. How strong my legs are...I have nice fingers...nice teeth... I've seen your pic and your a pretty gal! Very pretty! I'm glad you opened up and can share and hope you the help at the doctors / counselors..

I have a fresh battle wound like you do, since I also recently had a complete stranger make an obnoxious, mean and hurtful comment to me. I was walking in the mall parking lot, pushing a stroller and had my 2 daughters with me. I felt violated and very upset. I didn't react in front of him because I basically wanted my 2 daughters to forget the words they had just heard and not think they were directed at their mother. His comment was of a sexual nature, but also had to so with my body. I do not dress hoochie-mama and am pretty conservative in my dress. His comment had NOTHING to do with me. It was all about him being rude and being able to get away with saying things that he would probably/maybe never actually do to a stranger. It's amazing that these people feel that they just spout off comments to random people - they don't know or care how profoundly it might hurt us.

I do think these "comments" also happen to skinny people. Rude people will always exist and will always be able to find something to pick you apart on...

Last edited by Nori71; 10-07-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #446  
One life, live it well

Looks like RED beat us by a pound or so - a percentage of a point. I think we've been doing amazingly well to have so much loss still going on in week 3!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #447  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by going to lose 200 View Post
Last night we went out for our cheat meal after TOPS but this morning I am back with a renewed energy... Not giving it up altogether, just easing up a bit. I am also NOT going to have another cheat until Monday night.
What does a cheat meal mean?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I have lost 2lbs this week which I am very happy!!!
Congrats on the loss!!! It seems your healthy choices on vacation paid off!!

Quote:
I wish everyone the best of luck maybe I can catch ya'll on the next challenge
My prayers are with you and your family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Adam and I made a great meal plan yesterday, which should get us through the week really nicely and set us up with some wiggle room for Thanksgiving on the weekend! I'm so excited to go visit my parents and friends in my hometown.
Congrats on the meal plan...that is one of the hardest things for me to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
i missed you guys!
thank god my big event for work is over and i will have time for myself again. i didnt lose this week but i think its due to TOM coming in a day or so. I will work really hard this week to post a loss. I hope everyone had a good week last week and did well over the weekend.
It is really really hard to stay on track when you have big projects at work...now you can just spend more time on working out and eating right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarati View Post
I have lost 6.5 lbs so far and I am kicking butt on the exercise!
Congrats on the loss and exercise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
Hey Blues,
But, some silver lining, on Sunday, I dragged myself out of bed for a 5 mile charity run I was doing. Ive never run 5 miles before and it was horrible weather, but managed it in 52 minutes which I am happy with. I have 3 more weeks to the 10K run I am doing and I am hoping for a sub 60 if I can manage it.
Wow that is great!! I am not a runner and never will be. So that is exciting to hear!

Quote:
Today, I'll be wogging for 60 minutes and going to the fitness center for some weight training. I'm already seeing some nice changes in my body since I started with the weights. The inches seem to be disappearing faster than the weight. My goal is to wog for at least 5 days this week.
That is a great goal...good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by going to lose 200 View Post
Hi Bluesers!
Well after doing damage control after being on vacation for a week I was estatic to see a 1lb loss this week. Last night we went out for our cheat meal after TOPS but this morning I am back with a renewed energy. I had a smoothy this morning for breakfast and am already trying to decide what I can have for lunch. I have to lay off the bread this week. That is my personal challenge. Not giving it up altogether, just easing up a bit. I am also NOT going to have another cheat until Monday night. There. I said it out loud.
Don't you love when you get on the scale thinking it will be a gain and then you look down and see a loss!!!! That is great!!

Well today I have been eating better then what I did yesterday. I did workout today it is hard to get back in the swing of getting up early since I was sick all last week and slept as long as I could before work. Have a great OP Day!! Next week we have to win!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #449  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I jogged 2.5 miles in 35 minutes today. My goal was 2.5 miles in 25 minutes. My next step is to work on bringing up the pace/speed of my jog. Im really proud of myself, buts cared for pushing myself. It's gonna be all hard again! the pace I jog now is a pace where I feel I could go forever.... I know it's time to push myself again.. I just need to stop thinking and DO IT!

I can't beleive I am at a point in my life whre I feel i can jog ( super slowly) forever! Crazy!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Sorry I've been MIA since Friday, my sister had her baby this weekend so my computer access has been infrequent at best! I am back to work today so I should be around. I missed the WI deadline unfortunately because of all the new baby craziness but so it goes, I still had both of my freebies so no big deal! Looks like we had a good week last week, we'll kick Red's butt next week
Congrats on being an Aunt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn225 View Post
Hi Team -
At this point i'm kind of hoping that there is so I can get this figured out and move on with my life...continue to eat right and exercise but maybe see a difference in my weight. My appointment is in 2 weeks and it can't come fast enough!
I'm sorry someone said something mean to you . People can be such a******s. Congrats on talking to your mom and your aunt getting you help!