Old 09-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #151  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
Good morning Team Red I put on my red bracelet this morning and it pinched me so I'm thinking I need a new, more comfortable one.
You, know, by the end of this challenge your bracelet should fit and not pinch anymore. Don't throw it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
[COLOR=navy]Happy, my Marley was a Wild Boy, too. He started sleeping on a chair on my deck in November of '06. I decided to start feeding him and soon, started taming him, too. It didn't take too long.....

Okay, I hate my son, right now. He is getting ready to leave for work and just microwaved bacon. It smells soooooo good. How can that possibly be fair, I ask you?

Say, for those of you who don't get The Biggest Loser on TV, couldn't you go to NBC.com and watch it online? Or is it not available online, if it is not available on TV? Not sure how that all works...
My sister is always taking in stray cats. Last time I visited her I noticed she had another one in her menagerie. As I was just about to give her a lecture on the number of cats she had she looked at me and said "Not a word from you." Ha,ha. I shut up and kept my peace. I like cats but I like them best in other people's houses. We have a "grandcat" and that suits me just fine for now.

I'm glad you really love your son. I thought we were going to hear something terrible.

Whenever I try to watch on NBC online I always get a message saying the clip/program is not available in this location so it's a no go for me unless I get cable or satellite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
On the last day of the last challenge, I started calorie counting (which is something I was very resistant to and swore I'd never do...luckily, I'm doing well with it now).
I didn't ever think I'd like calorie counting but I love it. There are really no restrictions and I can have a piece of dessert if I want to now and then. (Well, you've got to use common sense and get in your nutrients and such.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoni View Post
Hello teammates!

This is my first TBL Challenge on 3FC, but I did one at work and lost 20 pounds, then gained 10 back over the summer. I do really well with this type of motivation and am super-excited to be in this challenge.

GO RED TEAM!!!
Yes, I'm the same way. Love the motivation a challenge gives me even if it is in cyberspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-N-Spice View Post
its so wonderful to see everyone excited and ready to commit to this challenge!!!
so my dilemma is really gonna start now...I need to figure out a time to go to the gym, i have not been in probably 3 weeks and my body definitely feels it! i'm thinkin the only time will be right after the kids get out of school, dump them off and then turn around and go straight to the gym...really really gonna try, something HAS to change or i will never lose this weight!!!
Hope you work it all out. Sometimes it's hard juggling kids, family, jobs, etc and then trying to find time for yourself. I'm sure you'll get into a routine soon enough.

I'm never going to keep up with all this chat but I know no one will because we're such a rearin' to go group of losers. I'll bet by the time I get this posted there will be 3 or 4 more posts there.

I wore my little ribbon band to bed last night so it was there first thing in the morning to remind me. It's like the proverbial string on the finger.

I have to do some exercise today that doesn't involve my thumb as it's sprained. I might do some in house running for a few days until the thumb is healed. I normally do a step band circuit workout 3 days a week and walk and bike the other 3 days and take a rest on the 7th day. But Thumbkin has put a stop to that for a few days.

I'm rambling on. I'll catch you all later and read the next few pages that I'm sure will be posted.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

1. What would you like us to call you? ceegee is good I guess. princess ceegee if you want to be formal.

2. What eating plan are you using? sorta counting calories, but not really. Just watching what I eat.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? I love to run, or jog. In the winter I usuallyTreadmill. Sometimes I do interval training too.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Plateaus piss me off. If I get off of exercising sometimes it is hard to get back into. Sometimes I lose perspective of how far I have come. I keep a pair of fat pants as a reminder.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? I cook pretty healthy, and when I am "on" with exercise, I can't stand to miss a day.

6. What is your short term goal? At this point I don't know. When I was running 4-5 miles a night, I lost 2.5 pounds a week, so it didn't take long to get to where I'm at. However, now I can't seem to get motivated to move it. Not sure if I am lazy, or comfortable at this weight. I would love to be in the 130's. I will really try this time to get there and stay there. If it doesn't happen with a good effort, maybe I am not supposed to weigh that much. I just need to really try.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? smaller clothes of course!

8. Best weight loss tip? It is easier for me to NOT miss a day of exercising. Also, I think feeling good about yourself is key. Everytime I bought smaller clothes along the journey, I felt fantastic! Sure, some are too big now, but it was worth the boost.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? I would butt heads with Jillian. We both have too strong of a personality. I could see me bitc h-slapping her. So I'll take Bob, as long as he tames down the touchy feely crap.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am 37, married 5 years, 2 boys 1.5 and 3.5 years. I work full time doing research...kinda hard to explain it....alot of statistics and stuff. I love it! This is the 3rd TBL Challenge. I need to really push it and see if my goal is attenable or not, and if I can maintain it.

Glad to meet everyone!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #153  

Just popping in and wanted to get started!

1. What would you like us to call you?

Barb

2. What eating plan are you using?

Low carb, based on SB

3. What is your favorite way to exercise?

Usually walk on treadmill and do weights, would like to start swimming with my girls and need to start stretching – my hips and lower back are tighter than I remember.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with?

Keeping my “mentality”: I get frustrated not seeing the results I expect to see or I beat myself up for letting myself get this way or think that even if I do lose the weight, I’m still not going to look good because of loose skin…I have a lovely array of self-sabotaging techniques. I should write a book.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at?

Planning. (If only I could stick to plan!)

6. What is your short term goal?

Want to establish the eating plan/exercising habit again and would like to lose 30 lbs.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?

If I can, I’d like to get a bodybugg – those look really cool!

8. Best weight loss tip?

Can’t exercise your way out of a bad diet – follow your eating plan.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian?

Yes. I need Jillian to push me past where I think my limits are and I need Bob to talk to my heart.

10. Tell us a little about yourself!

I’m an over 40 mother of two, married 21 years going through a very, very rough patch, an engineer who’d really like to be a writer. I’ve done Optifast four times but lost 98 lbs on my own about three years ago doing SB/Atkins and going to the gym five days a week. I’d gained back all but twenty pounds and am back down by 64 lbs from my top weight. I really want my life back.

Best of luck, one and all!

Barb
Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #154  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

1. What would you like us to call you?
Misty or blueyedlvrgirl
2. What eating plan are you using?
Calorie counting with the help of bodybugg and exercise
3. What is your favorite way to exercise?
Treadmill, walking at lunch
4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with?
Consistency...I do good for awhile, but then I get sidetracked.
5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at?
Restarting once I have gotten distracted, getting in exercise
6. What is your short term goal?

259.9, this is my second 10% goal and puts me halfway between where I started and Onederland!
7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?

The reward will be that I look and feel better!
8. Best weight loss tip?

Keep going!
9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian?

I like them both for different reasons.

I am 29 and live with my bf of almost 3 years. I don't have children, but I desperately want some. I am working on my degree in accounting, then plan on obtaining my CPA. After that I am looking forward to continuing my education in Forensic Accounting, so I can secure a job in that field. I LOVE MUSIC! My bf and I are always scoping out shows and concerts in the area. I have a dwarf hamster and an waiting for my puppy to be old enough to take from it's mommy. I can't wait! I am a former black team member, but am happy to be on this team. This is my second challenge and I am one of the few that actually lost between the challenges!

I will be working on the red bracelet!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 09-15-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
My sister is always taking in stray cats. Last time I visited her I noticed she had another one in her menagerie. As I was just about to give her a lecture on the number of cats she had she looked at me and said "Not a word from you." Ha,ha. I shut up and kept my peace. I like cats but I like them best in other people's houses. We have a "grandcat" and that suits me just fine for now.

I didn't ever think I'd like calorie counting but I love it. There are really no restrictions and I can have a piece of dessert if I want to now and then. (Well, you've got to use common sense and get in your nutrients and such.)
I'm a dog person but I have a friend that always tells me, "Don't even think about it" when I stop to look at the humane society posters! I wanna adopt them all.

And I will consider myself rightfully scolded about the nutrients. I started out calorie counting with tons of processed foods to get the calorie amounts down, now I need to focus on better foods. I'm veggie challenged so that adds another layer of complexity for me but I'm determined to work on getting the most bang for my calorie buck!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
I have a dwarf hamster and an waiting for my puppy to be old enough to take from it's mommy. I can't wait! I am a former black team member, but am happy to be on this team. This is my second challenge and I am one of the few that actually lost between the challenges!

I will be working on the red bracelet!
Awwww - what kind of puppy? (I'm a dog person by the way). We're gonna need to see pictures when you get to bring him/her home!

Last edited by ksk571; 09-15-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #157  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
I love Edward too, but I think he's gonna ruin real life guys for me.

You've got that right!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #158  

My mom bred her long-haired chihuahua...The puppies are the most adorable little things I have ever seen!! I will definitely be posting pics! If I get a girl, I plan on naming her Scarlett...pretty coincidental, huh?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
My mom bred her long-haired chihuahua...The puppies are the most adorable little things I have ever seen!! I will definitely be posting pics! If I get a girl, I plan on naming her Scarlett...pretty coincidental, huh?

I LOVE puppies!

Last edited by ksk571; 09-15-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #160  

OK.....I'm caught up...
Thanks for having be back on the RED team. Life took over last challenge and I couldn't do the one thing I should have done, which was keep logging and and chatting. I'll give an update on where I am in a bit....
Here's my survey:

1. What would you like us to call you? Vanetta

2. What eating plan are you using? calorie counting

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? bike (staionary or road)

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? No doubt about this one...emotional eating

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? once I get focused, I'm good

6. What is your short term goal? refocussing

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I haven't thought that far ahead

8. Best weight loss tip?do this for you....you are worth it

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Jillian

10. Tell us a little about yourself! A year and a half ago I started on WW Points on a bet (WW At Work...co-workers each put up $20, whoever lost the largest % of weight during the 17 week program took all the $$). I took the pot and decided to keep on losing. Earlier this year I reached the -100lbs mark....then the phone call came. MIL was being moved to Hospice, advanced lung cancer, 4 - 6 weeks to live....who knew she was ill? Anyway, tomorrow that will be 20 weeks ago. Since that call we have flown from Seattle to Orlando 3 times (the first trip we planned on staying 10 days and was there for 62 days)...we go back to Orlando on the 25th.
So, this has been a very trying time....I've regained 23 lbs.

There is oh so much more to that story...but believe me dear teammates, I am really not that much of a drama queen....I am typically jovial and light hearted....I mean, come on, I have a 15 day cruise coming up in 3 weeks...why should I be STRESSED?

Scrapbookers...I may need some tips....I really want to put something nice together with all the stuff from my cruise and I have never put together a real scrap book.

Twilight? I know not of these books...I shall follow Roni's link to become in the know.

I too am owned by two stray cats...they let me go to work, pay the bills and sometimes sleep on my own pillows.

Hoodies? I would love to be able to wear a hoodie, but I am only now realizing that I have a neck.

I have one final question? Why am I listening to Everlast? I'm too old for this stuff.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #161  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Good morning RED team!

1. What would you like us to call you? Beth

2. What eating plan are you using? Calorie Counting

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Running. Used to do a lot of Taebo but getting tired of it, I think. I'm really thinking about getting the BL Cardio Max.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Eating when I am bored, lonely, stressed, etc.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? making goals and tracking progress.

6. What is your short term goal? Run a marathon in September! I mean, run 26.2 miles throughout the month. So far I have run 13. My second goal is to get to my 50 pounds lost mark by Christmas--only 12 to go!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? New clothes.

8. Best weight loss tip? Don't let myself get too hungry.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Not sure.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am 28 and have been married for just over a year, with no kids yet. I am working for a company that works with developmentally disabled adults. I enjoy watching movies and reading books. I have been overweight my whole life and never thought that I could lose weight. This last year I finally decided to give it a try after putting on some extra pounds as a newlywed. I have lost 38 pounds, and have 12 more to go to reach my goal of 50! I finished C25K several months ago which turned me into a runner. This is my second BL challenge. Last time I was on the black team, but am happy to now be on the amazing RED team! I really hope that we can beat that BLUE team!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Blue -
Quote:
I don't have children, but I desperately want some
Are you trying right Now or just what happens happens? My fiance and I have been "trying" for about 6 months, with nothing yet I desperately want another one! My DD is 6 1/2. It's really hard sometimes - especially when TOM comes. I know tha tlosing weight will help my chances of conceiving (even though I was #15 heavier when I got pregnant w/ DD) *sigh*

...Princess Ceege... I love it!

Today has been full of stress. Luckily eating has been on plan. My biggest struggle is having the motivation to workout when I get home from work! AH! I'd do it in the morning, but I'm NOT a morning person!!! I really want to focus on my arms and lower abs so that my wedding dress looks FABULOUS in 3 weeks! I'm SO excited!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #163  

Eny--The only trying I am doing right now is to convince my man that we ARE ready! LOL...MEN! I know I should wait until I am done with school, but it seems like there will always be something that I could do easier before having children, which is what got me to 29 without any. I am hoping by the end of next year a baby will be more reality and than a dream.

I go straight from work to the gym, otherwise it doesn't happen! Fridays I really try to drag but butt out of bed at 530am to workout and I am successful about 50% of the time. I guess that is better than 0!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 09-15-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Reddies!!

I love the pic of the bracelet that was posted. Gotta get me one!!

I've enjoyed reading everybody's bios, too!

I'm making my first batch of soup since last winter. I think I have 1 turkey carcass and 8 chickens that have been cooling their bones in my freezer all summer. Needless to say, it's in a BIG pot! ROFLOL!

DH was off work last week and again this week trying to use up his excess vacation time. I'm afraid I won't get to any personals until he goes back to work.

It's GREAT to see my old friends again and equally fun meeting all the "new to me" peeps!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I need to ask a teeny, tiny favor of anyone here that has done or tried yoga of any sort while at a heavier weight. I have been MIA the past few days because I have a potential writing assignment (YAY FINALLY ) and am working on an article dealing with yoga...anyway, if you would let me send you a very short set of questions, and send me back the answers I would be forever thankful. We can use email or PM here.

Your name will not be used if you don't want it to be, and I may use just a short quote from it, and would let you know if I do that. Mostly I just need to get some viewpoint other than my own to finish this, and it's not experts that I need for my idea, it's everyday weight-struggling women like us for once

Even if you had a horrible time and HATE yoga, you still apply here. Let me know if anyone has a few minutes to answer it one day this week. Thanks!

Now I am going to catch up with everyone, taking a break today.