Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Well Ladies, I'm off to my reunion! I think that we have some internet access at the camp, but I can't be sure that I'll have much opportunity for surfing around on the web. Talk to you later!!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-30-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #62  
vanity0326

S/C/G: 257/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

"vanity - I have constantly turned away from anything that mentioned "flaxseed"...I don't know why, I don't think I have ever tried it...what does it do for you? Does it taste like anything? Is there a texture to it?"

Well, I don't do the oil but I take a tablespoon of the flaxseed a day. I should ground it up each day but I just throw it into my oatmeal or my yogurt.

The flaxseed is just like a poppyseed but just a smidgen bigger.

I do not think it has a different or difficult taste.

Toni
Old 07-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #63  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Good Morning All!!

First off all plurk! When you sign up you are gonna be confused, once you get your own account go to Heather, Roni or my plurk page...mine is in my signature. Towards the bottom you can see all my friends. All my friends with the exception of 3 are from 3FC, mostly on the blue team but we have a few reds! You can add any of them as your friends and then their plurks(messages) will show up on your page. The more friends you have the more messages you will have showing up. I hope that makes sense. You gotta have friends on their in order for any of it to make sense. Hope to see you there!

My dh's grandfather passed last night. It was a very emotional experience for us all. Such a strong man withered to nothing but a skeleton, but he is free now off riding his horse and reading his westerns. My heart breaks for grandma who has been left here in her prison of Alzheimers. I hope its not a terrible thing for me to say that I hope she joins him soon. She deserves better than the life she has now.

Okay didnt mean to be a downer...just alot of reflection going on can ya tell LOL! I've started my day healthy!!

OH! Thats what I wanted to bring up. As our whole family gathered at the nursing home to say goodbye and be with him as he passed the nursing home brought in this huge tray of food! WTF?! I just found it really odd, just our society making food a part of everything. Its no wonder obesity is such a problem huh? Needless to say noone in our room touched it...such a waste.

Have a lovely day Red team!!!
Melissa, my prayers and thoughts are with you and dh's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
Andi - take the cruise. I get all of the mutual decision stuff, doing what's right for the family stuff, I really do, I get it....BUT...if this is something that is important to you, then it should be important to him. I am in no way dissing your husband, I'm only quoting Nike - just do it.

OK....I'm going to Plurk now
I totally hear ya Vanetta. This is something that I really want to do. He gave me crap after I told him I was going to try out for TBL, so I backed out of doing that...and the reason he gave me crap was because he didn't want me to be gone for up to 5 or 6 months....well dangit, this is only a week! hahaha I think you've talked me more into just doing it!

Hi to everyone I missed. I'm sorry I'm making this short. I need to get to the gym. Going to go swimming. BTW my MPMU page will be back up and running effective August 1st. I am going to Arizona in October for a friend's wedding, hubby, son, and my mom are going as well. I told my friend that did MPMU with me that I want to lose 30 pounds by October 16th (flight day/also hubby's 29th bday) so she was the one that brought up the idea of bringing our page back as she wants to lose the weight as well.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #64  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Andi...Danielle and I were supposed to get our MPMU site going too, neither of us have made the time. You can make that goal girl...I know you can!!

Monte...have a great reunion!!

Ugh I have had the worst tummy issues all day long. DH has been fighting it too. Wonder if we ate something we shouldnt have!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #65  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Red team!!

Off to a docs appt this morning, my first in about 5 years...I know I know shame on me!

Have a fantastic day!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 AM   #66  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

What is MPMU?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #67  

Thanks for the info vanity...I'll try to be a bit more open minded about flax.

Andi....Rock on with your bad self ! ! I'm sure you and DH will come up with a plan that suits you both. I really hope you get the opportunity to go.

FCBG - indeed, what is an MPMU?

Well, we are going back to Florida tonight. There is really no change in my MIL's condition, she is still in Hospice and outliving everyone's prediction. Just goes to show that there is only One who knows, and we will all be on His time schedule. We get into Orlando tomorrow morning around 07:00, we will spend tomorrow, Sat., Sun., and the largest part of the day on Monday visiting her. Monday will be horrible as we will go through the "is this the last time we will see her?" emotions. Then once we get home we will figure out when to go back.
Please dear God, when it is my turn to go, let me go quickly.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #68  

Vanetta -- -- wishes that your limbo ends soon -- I have to say my mother-in-law passed away in her sleep when my oldest was 1 1/2 -- shock to all of us but nice for her. I had an aunt last year who suffered terribly for two years from brain/spine cancer. It's gut wrenching to watch someone you love just barely hanging on.

Good morning to everyone. I had a good night -- I found a whole bunch of before pictures of myself. Granted, I was at least 10 years younger but I have to say -- I finally realized I can get there again. For the first time I looked at them positively, not "what have I done to myself" but more of the "can't wait to get there again". We can do this -- the struggle is going to be well worth the reward -- two more weeks ladies!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #69  

MPMU = Million Pound Match Up. It was the Biggest Losers program for at home teams. Melissa and Danielle had a page and Andi had one with her firiend. I really enjoyed visiting both pages and would be excited if you both start it back up again!

That's where I saw Melissa's hulp hooping video and then recognized it in a segment on TBL show!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Hi ladies

I would love to keep up with you guys in between challenges so I’m going ot sign up for plurk. It really does sound like fun.

Roni- Punkin and your family are in my prayers. I’m glad the surgery went well. I love cats and hate when they are sick.

Melissa- I’m so sorry to hear about your dh’s grandfather. I feel for grandma. Alzheimer’s is really horrible and I completely understand why you would wish mercy on her. Your family will be in my prayers too. I know what you mean about food being a part of everything. It really is a huge problem.

Kelly- I really hope things get better for you at work.

Montecristo- I hope you had a great time at the reunion.

Andi- It would be great to go on the cruise, and if you can work it in the budget, I really suggest going. You only live once. The website sounds interesting. I’ll definitely check it out when you have it back up. Maybe I’ll find a partner and make one myself.

Vanetta- your family is in my prayers. You’ll only be a couple of hours away from me in florida. Spend as much time with her as possible so that she can pass knowing she is loved.

Shelby- You should be so proud of yourself for what you have accomplished. I should really dig out some of my before photos, what little I have. I hid from the camera a lot, but it would be nice to remind myself how far I’ve come.

Hi to everyone else.

I’m doing good. Getting in a lot of exercise. I figured I may as well spend my time doing something worthwhile until I go back to work. I know I won’t have nearly as much time to put in once work starts again.

I was a little bad last night. Even though I planned it in, I still feel guilty for all that I ate last night. We went to the Japanese steakhouse for my hubby’s birthday dinner. Love that place. I just know it’s not the best food I should be eating, even though I stayed into my points.

Well, I hope you all have a great day today. My plans are to go to the gym for a bit and get some cleaning done, sooo much fun.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #71  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Morning!

I just saw a commercial advertising the Biggest Loser show. It said it's going to premiere this Fall. commercial gave me chills . I'm so friggen excited!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!! Ya know what I like about the last two seasons....they were back to back. When the one season ended the next one started right around New Years so they were only a few weeks apart. I hate having to wait months to watch it!

I have to say...I love plurking! I'm getting the hang of it and I like it . I think it's a great way to keep in touch between challenges. When this challenge ends how long is it before the next one starts??

Melissa~ Good luck at the doctor! Let us know how everything goes

Vanetta~ I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I know it's a really tough time for you and your family right now....Were here for you

shelby897~ I hate pictures! lol! I try to avoid past pictures of myself because they depress me but good for you!! I wish I can look at them and take something positive from it.

Joyce~ Have a great day!!!

Roni~ I hope you were able to get some sleep last night

A big HELLO to the rest of the team!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #72  

Roni – I’m glad you were able to get some sleep. How’s Punkin doing today? Are you pampering her?

Melissa – I’m so sorry about dh’s grandfather. I know he was suffering. I think you are very justified in hoping grandma can join him soon. Alzheimers is such a difficult disease for all involved. How’s the rest of your family life going? It seems like I haven’t chatted with you forever. I’ve been thinking about ya!

Lonnie – How ya doin’? Have you been able to get back on track? I’m getting there! You’re right…it’s easier to stay motivated while TBL show is on!

Andi – I’m glad you’re plurking. I’ve missed seeing you around this time. I think your cruise sounds like a fun way to recharge your battery!

Monte – have a great time at the reunion!

Vanetta have a safe trip.

Shelby – I just caught sight of one of my before pics. I can’t wait to get there either!

Joyce – I really struggle with the occasional off plan eating. Even if it’s planned, it’s hard to not let it weigh you down. I think an occasional treat is good, but I usually fall off the deep end when I do that. Just enjoy that meal and get right back on it! Great job on being able to celebrate and still stay within your points! When you sign up for Plurk, let us know your user name!

I’m doing better lately. I think today is day 3 OP for me. Don’t get me wrong…I’ve tried to have unhealthy things the past 3 days but there’s always something that happens to stop me….not that I’m complaining! It feels good to be back in control. Now if I can get my hectic week behind me then I’m going to get back to the exercise. I’ve been doing my Zumba the whole time. I was going to skip last night because I really needed to work my night job since I haven’t been there in a few days, but decided to do Zumba anyway. It was a really good class, so I’m glad I went.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #73  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Vanetta, Have a safe trip and watch that snacking lady! We'll miss you.

Mel, How did it go at the docs? You prolly posted it on Plurk and I haven't been in a couple of few hours....

Punkin is fine. He was drunk as a skunk still even when I brought him home @5. The Vet asst called him a cheap drunk. LOL! Light weight...He's doing much beter today, but still sleeping a lot.

I FINALLY got some sleep last night, but I feel really lazy today. I did manage to force myself to exercise though, and now I am hungry so I'll bbl.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #74  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just a flyby before we head out for a long weekend. Prayers ascending for those that are struggling right now. Looks like we are having some successes too

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! I hope to be back on Sunday.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #75  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

...I hope everyone's having a great OP day! One of my friend's (who I met on here) sent me something on my myspace and I wanted to share it with you guys

I believe -
That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other.

And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

I believe -
That we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I believe -
That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while
and you must forgive them for that.

I believe -
That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.

Same goes for true love.

I believe -
That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe -
That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe -
That you should always leave loved ones with loving words.

It may be the last time you see them.

I believe -
That you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I believe -
That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe -
That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe -
That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done,
regardless of the consequences.

I believe -
That money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe -
That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down,
will be the ones to help you get back up.

I believe -
That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry,
but that doesn't give me the right to stay that way.

I believe -
That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had
and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I believe -
That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.

Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe -
That no matter how bad your heart is broken,
the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I believe -
That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are,
but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe -
Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe -
That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I believe -
That even when you think you have no more to give,
when a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.

I believe -
That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe -
That the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

I believe -
That you should send this to all of the people that you believe in. I just did.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have.