Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #1  
Takin' charge of my life!

Default TBL "Just Beachy" Red Team Chat #7

Good morning girls. I just got back from a night of Relay for Life, Rain, & Tornadoes....At about 2am we put in Napoleon Dynamite while we were waiting for our turn to walk and at 2:30am the Tornado sirens started sounding. Nothing like having to huddle in a middle school locker room at 2:30am with a bunch of sweaty people in a school that does not have air conditioning. Looks like the area of town that I used to work in got hit pretty hard but where I worked was not damaged.

I'm going to bed now as I have been up for 25 hours straight and my legs are completely numb from walking most of the night.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'll be back to post later.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Wow! Glad you're safe and work wasn't damaged. It's crazy how many tornado's the US is having this year. I even dreamed that one was headed straight for us! Have a nice long sleep Andi, you've definately earned it.

We are going over to see the peeps I am going to be babysitting for today so Jess can meet them and I can met the dog. I don't wanna just be showing up over there and the 100 pound dog not know me, lol! Then Jess and I will head to the pool for some fun in the sun. We are having upper 90's and 100 degree days every day now. *sigh*...Not even "officially" summer yet.....
Old 06-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Default TBL "Just Beachy" Red Team Chat #7

Good Morning Team

It's another HOT day here today! No big plans for today. I'm gonna try and go out for a bit but it's already 80 outside. Oh yeah....I weighed in and I'm down A little more then a lb (I have to compare to last week) Thats great for me! I'll take it!

Have a great relaxing Sunday!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #4  

Hey Team!
Sorry for the absence, I have been driving cross country for the past 10 days with limited to no internet connectivity. Just checking in, should have a good connection again in the next week. Kick booty this week, all!

Heather
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Just popping in to say hello and share my good news! I WI in this morning and I'm at 138!!!! Finally a loss. I was getting so frustrated with myself. Gonna be hot here today also. I have a kids b-day party at 1 today. We'll see how long I end up staying. I have a splitting headache and sitting in the heat I'm sure will do it no good. Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Lonnie- Great job on the loss! Try to stay cool today
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #6  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone! Well I hear about everyone's hot temps and we get rain and clouds AGAIN! So, I've conceded to myself that we are just going to have cold and rain and then go directly to hot 100 degree temps. We get no warm beautiful spring this year. Boy oh boy does that just thrill me to death! I've not gotten to go out and enjoy my beautiful flower garden on the patio that I built for myself one single time. Okay enough whining.

The plan for today is to get groceries and then plan for the week!

Andi...my goodness you had a night huh? I hope you got some good restful sleep!

Diva
...Enjoy that pool! I'd love to go do that today too! When does the job officially start? tomorrow?

Lonnie....way to go on the loss!!!! No matter how big or small as long as it keeps moving in the right direction! Have a beautiful day!

Heather...good to see you!! Looking forward to seeing you more often again!

Tina...WOOOHOOO!! perseverance pays off!! Excellent job this week lady!!

Alright off to finish some reading and get that grocery list made! Have a beautiful sunday everyone!

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 06-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #7  
Melissa

I forgot...I was thinking, since we've only got a small handful of our team posting with us already I think we are okay to stop starting a new thread each week. Hopefully the rest of our team will revisit why it is that they signed up for the challenge to begin with and start participating with us again. If not...well I guess we'll just remove em huh?!

It's rediculous to have a team of 50 people and only hear from less than half of them.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #8  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!

Andi, wow woman you really know how to live big, eh? Yikes! I'm so glad you are safe & sound and hopefully getting lots of wonderful rest. Sleep tight woman you earned it!

Roni, yeah got those 100+ temps here too but is expected. 6 months of feeling like I'm in The joys of living in the desert! Good luck with the new job, I hope you have fun. Enjoy that pool today!

Tina, congrat's on the loss lady!

Mel, bummer about the weather. Hopefully you can ease into summer weather to at least enjoy your patio some time soon! Ew, groceries! I hate doing that!

Heather, great to have ya back hon!

Lonnie, great job on your loss!! Any loss is a step in the right direction, you're doing fantastic!!!

Another lazy day around here. I cleaned all afternoon yesterday and my legs are SO sore from doing Jillians dvd on Friday, it made getting on my hands & knees to scrub floors a real pain. I don't think I have ever experienced a sore like this in my life, my legs are on fire I tell ya! I just pray that they feel better by tomorrow when I go to meet the trainer! She's a mini Jillian in training and promises to kick my butt! *says to self:*"i will not be a wimp, i will not be a wimp"*.............

danielle
Old 06-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls! Man I'm feeling lazy today. This hot weather is kicking my butt! I'm going to do some cooking for the week this afternoon and clean up a little bit - crazy Sunday I tell ya!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #10  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Melissa- I hear ya about not having a Spring...our Spring is freezing cold and then it just jumps to this crap! I can't stand humidity! Have fun grocery shopping. I did a little trip this morning, but nothing major Have a great day~

Danielle- I'm gonna have to check that Jillian DVD out. That is one tough women though so I can imagine your pain Good luck with the trainer tomorrow...I hope your legs are feeling better by then!

Roni- Have a nice visit today. A day by the pool sounds fantastic..Enjoy!

Andi- If I were up for 25 hours straight I think I would be seeing things I'm glad your okay though. This weather has been insane this year!

FatChickBGone- Cooking for the week is a great idea. I know in this weather the last thing I wanna do is cook, but if you take one day and knock out a couple meals that will make the week so much nicer

Heather- Welcome back!

I'm just waiting for my Spinach Artichoke dip to finish...I'm off to a b-day party! It smells delish in here, but having the oven on today isn't fun! Have a fantastic Sunday ladies! PS...my trip is right around the corner now...I can't wait
Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #11  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Just stopping in to say I hope everyone has a great sunday!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Whew! I just got out of the shower after the gym -
I did an hour long yoga class, which I love and wish that I could go more than just once or twice a week followed by 40 minutes of cardio.

I feel like I'm doing really well because of this past week. I'm glad the site is back up and running though!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #13  
Melissa

Okay Red team...got my grocery shopping done and then I remowed my lawn, and thats my therapy! LOL...while I was in "therapy" I got to thinking about our team and this thread.

Anyone who has done this challenge in the past knows that normally its really fun. We get some great camradery within our team and fun rivalry between the teams. This round is really lacking in that. We've only got a handful of people participating. I myself have felt no real connection and to be honest I miss it! And I need it! Right now this just feels like a chat thread, I'm sure you can agree with me on that.

I'm not sure why people arent participating. I'm sure the time of year and the nice weather has alot to do with it. Which is actually good, people are outside instead of on the computer..thats a healthy habit! But the support is missing and we need to find a way to get it back!

So I'm thinking lets start some theme days around here. And I know diva wants to do an exercise challenge, I kinda like Black teams idea where you earn points for certain days. Something to get us motivated participating and LOSING! We can start up doing those last chance workouts on monday nights. We need to start giving our team a reason to come here!

So here is my plan for the week:

Sunday - Reflection day - here is where you will confess all your sins! LOL! Weekends are hard, especially in the summer so we have to opportunity to post up our downfalls, get it out there and then let it go. No beating ourselves up and guilty feelings...we confess and we move on! but we also have to post something we did good the past week too!

Monday - Monday Madness - here is where you post up your goals for the week, exercise goals, food goals, weight loss goals, personal goals..maybe your goal is to clean out your closet. Any goal just to get it out there and know that your team is watching.

Tuesday
- Two for Tuesday! - here I will have 2 tasks for you to accomplish today, some days it might be simply answering a question, it might be doing an extra exercise or 2..ya just never know!

Wednesday - Wacky Wednesdays - here we are going to try something new! Whether its a new exercise, a new run/walk route, a new food, a new recipe, a new outfit, a new something! you pick but its gotta be new! And we are all gonna share our new things so that next week someone else has an idea of what they can try!

Thursdays
- Thirsty Thursdays - here we will all work on getting in our 8-10 glasses of water! Pure clean fresh water! It's the starting point for us to try and do it every day of the week, but thursdays we are REALLY gonna do it!

Friday - Freaky Friday - here we are going to do a last chance workout! Something to really get us moving, burning calories, building up that lean muscle tissue so we are in fight mode to face the weekend. (anyone remember doing these on show nights? )

Saturday we'll leave up to you!

Anyone willing to give it a try with me! Lets get some energy pumped in around here team! What do ya say?

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 06-12-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Melissa -
I'm a first timer so I don't know what the boards are usually like but I would really like to do your list! It looks like it would be fun and keep me on track!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #15  
Melissa

Yay!! I've got a taker! LOL!! Anything it takes to keep us fighting the good fight right Kelly!