Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #91  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Cute doggie Heather!! Is that a birthday cake in the pic?!?! If so, where did you get it? Too cute!

I guess I will answer my Tuesday questions now....b/c I'm bored...hehe.

1. Where would your dream vacation be??

It would be Wakaya Island in Fiji, when I am at goal of course They only have about 20 guests at a time. Very private and gorgeous...so I am told. They have sea kayaking and glass-bottom boat tours. How cool is that!?!

2. Which do you think is more important - getting in a good workout, or sticking to your food plan 100% for the day?

That is a hard question. I think I would say sticking to your food plan. If you are exercising but eating high calorie junk and fast food...it isn't going to do you any good. I think you can still lose weight eating healthy and on plan without exercise. If not lose weight...at least maintain. Just my thoughts.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:06 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I had a crazy weekend... emergency after emergency... even missed work yesterday, so now I'm finally trying to get back into my normal routine.

In other news, I just can't seem to lose any weight the past few weeks! Now, I can see changes happening in my body... I'm definitely building muscle, and I'm not gaining any weight or size so I'm probably losing a little fat. My husband recommended I just stop weighing altogether and focus on measurements, which would be a lovely idea if I didn't have 8 weeks of a weight loss challenge left to go! So I'm going to weigh in tomorrow, and if it's the same old news (yesterday I was up 1 pound after last week's 2 pound loss) I might be backing out. It's just causing me to lose sight of all the good that I am doing when I see the same numbers on the scale every week.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #93  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good Morning!

I'm gonna be sooooooooo sleepy today. It was 11:30 before I fell asleep and I woke up @4 a.m. I hope I have some energy left @ 3:30 to at least get 30 minutes in on the treadmill. Hope that little girl goes easy on me today, lol!

My dream vacation would be Disney World & staying at one of the fancy resorts or maybe in the Disney suite in the castle.

I think working out is a great way to enhance weight loss, and moods, and a number of things, but I think the food plan and sticking to it is more important. I mean, If you go out and eat a Quarter pounder w/cheese and a biggy fry, and a soda, working isn't really going to fix that. lol Ya gotta eat healthy and watch them calories or points or whatever you are doing.

I'll miss you all today! I hope everyone has an OP day!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mayness,
I am definitely with you in the scale frustration. I have been eating right, exercising not quite as well but still doing fine. Was back to the 140's and had a kiddie cone the other night and am back up the same 3 pounds. I am almost ready to quit and focus on something else.

Dream vacation = beach and heat to me. Anyplace tropical. I've never been to Hawaii, so for today, I'll say Aloha!

I think (thought) the food was the most important, but judging from my scale frustrations, I could be wrong!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #95  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
For real!??!! That is so exciting!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Well that is downright Exciting!!!! I hope they pick you!

I'm so excited about starting my job tomorrow, I can't sleep! lol!

I won't see it until I've already worked all day and been to the GYM. Maybe I'll try a new machine just in case, hehe!
Thanks Mel and Diva!! I am excited. One of my co-workers and I are going to try out together. We've been talking about it for awhile so yesterday we finally decided let's do it!

Good luck on your first day at your new job Diva!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbake View Post
I took my regular walk this morning. Then this evening, my dh asked if I wanted to go to the lake and do paddle boats with the kids. I was so tired and didn't want to go, but I said yes because I knew it would be good for me and the kids would love it. When we got to the lake, the boat dock was closed. So we decided to walk a little ways around the lake. We ended up hiking the whole 3.2 miles around the entire lake and dam. It was pretty steep in some places and took us an hour and 20 minutes. My kids were pretty good for the most part. We had major fires in the area not too long ago, so it was wonderful to see all the plants and flowers that have come back after the fires. All the trees were still black, but there were tons of wildflowers. It was beautiful!

This is the fourth time I've been hiking in a week (in addition to my regular morning walks). My husband thinks I just may be up to the pyramids if I keep it up for the next few weeks!

Andi--That's awesome about TBL. I so hope you make it. That would be amazing!
Look at you go with all of that walking!! That is amazing Jen!
BTW ~ Thanks! I so hope we make it too! How awesome would that be?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Andi
That question is the same question I heard the whole weekend lol. While I was eating 97% fat free Hebrew hot dogs and they were eating beef ball parks. While they were eating potato and macaroni salad and I was eating a salad with lettuce and tomatoes. While they were eating junk food after junk food and I was enjoying a weight watcher fudge bar lol. One of the ladies that was at our camp sight was hearing them tease me ( not all of them were doing it in fun ) about how I don't eat like a " normal " person anymore she said. " You all can laugh your fat all over your chair while she laughs hers off her behind." Exactly what I was thinking lol.
Oh Rennie, I love the comment at the end! It is so true! I'm right there with ya on the food and having others comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Okay I know we wanted to do a survey so I was thinking okay...lets use our Two for Tuesday! So here we go:

2. Which do you think is more important - getting in a good workout, or sticking to your food plan 100% for the day?
Yeah! Survey time!
1. My dream vacation used to be to Australia, I would still LOVE to go there sometime, but I would also love to backpack around Europe. I think this would be sooo cool.

2. Both are important, but if you don't stick OP, you can work out harder and longer to combat your mistake. However, I know when I don't stick OP, I don't feel like working out. They go hand in hand but I will say food is more important!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #96  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

A very remote island with a very hot man :-)

For me it's the food. I try to move and do enjoy working out but have issues with binging so I need to make sure I stay on track.

Yep that was a birthday cake for the dog's birthday! There's a place called Canine Cafe here in Charlotte - lots of homemade doggie treats. We invited some friends with dogs over and had a cookout and adult beverages for the people and treats and toys for the dogs! She is a very large dog - 140lb mastiff.

Roni - good luck today!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #97  

Good morning. Air conditioners running already here -- yuck!!

Anywhere my husband wants to take me -- we haven't been anywhere without the kids ever!!

To me, sticking to my food plan, because if I go off -- I'm like a train wreck with massive amounts of junk food and no willpower to go back on. So, even if I exercise and don't stick to my food plan, I will gain.

Have a wonderful day ladies -- take good care of yourself!!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #98  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies.

I am going to drop out of the challenge. I just don't have the free time to spend online enough to really get to know any of you, so I'm basically some random woman who weighs in and then posts it here once a week. I'm not contributing. Not because I don't WANT to, but just because I have such little discretionary time.

I wish all of you the best in your journeys to get healthy & look fabulous!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Fat Chick Be Gone - I love the birthday cake! Last year I made one for my dogs' first birthday and this year I think I will do another one for both my dogs (he'll be 2 she'll be 1 - a week apart) - I just have to find a healthy recipe! The one I made last year had mashed potato frosting and the loved it! I should see if I can find those pics....

1.) My dream vacation? Right now, somewhere cool and shady with trees and water where me, my husband and the doggies could hike and swim and generally not be quite so hot (today's high in sunny AZ is forecast to be 107)

2.) Food is definitely more important for general WEIGHT loss in my opinion. But for cardiovascular health and losing FAT as opposed to LEAN tissue - working out is more important. So, my answer is, it depends on what you're trying to do!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #100  

Heather -- I don't speak for everyone, but my feeling is -- if this is helping -- posting your weight and saying "hi" once a week is okay with me !! I know I have trouble keeping up with personals, but it is nice to see how everyone is doing and grab a little support along the way.

Either way, good luck to you with your efforts!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #101  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hey guys! Just so you know, or were wondering. When I went in and added everyone's missing 2 weeks of weigh ins. If you took a freebie during one of those weeks when I added it I added *added by Melissa* thats just for my own record that i was the one that put that there in case there was a question later on...it didnt mean anything bad I promise! Okay off to do results!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #102  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Heather -- I don't speak for everyone, but my feeling is -- if this is helping -- posting your weight and saying "hi" once a week is okay with me !! I know I have trouble keeping up with personals, but it is nice to see how everyone is doing and grab a little support along the way.

Either way, good luck to you with your efforts!!!
Ditto!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Two for Tuesday

I really want to visit Scotland sometime, but I abolutely loved the three days I stayed on the Rhine. That has got to be the most gorgeous place on the planet!

This is a hard one, but if we are talking about just one day, then I would say that exercise is more important. With food I don't have a problem with getting back on the wagon after a slipup, but for some reason if I miss even one workout, I totally give up on it altogether. Long term, I would say that staying OP would be more important, but on a daily basis exercise is more important for me.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 06-10-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #104  
Melissa

Woohoo MotherMavis our Week 6 Biggest Loser!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #105  
Melissa

My 2 for Tuesday:

1. my dream vacation would be to Disneyworld for 2 weeks! We went there 2 years ago for 8 days and it wasnt nearly long enough and i'd love to go back!! This time not in JULY! Too hot! LOL! when I'm thin I wanna go to a tropical paradise!

2. I think the workout is most important, only because it seems to be a catalyst for healthy eating as well.