Old 06-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default "Just Beachy" Black Team Chat #6

Since Julz is away, thought I would set up the chat thread for the Black Team after yesterday's server crash. I'm keeping with some of the other teams in that they start a new chat thread for each week of the challenge - even if they didn't get to 500 posts in a week. So here we are at 6.

Scan the posts in the Biggest Loser section - there are several comments referring to the lost posts for the Exercise and other side challenges.

And just in case you didn't hear otherwise, the 3FC server suffered a crash in the wee hours of Friday morning. Suzanne tried to recover lost data but posts and updates after May 23 were lost forever. Just like after a big storm, our community at 3FC is rallying around to rebuild things. So on with the challenge...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Wow I never had a chance to log on yesterday. That is bad news last 2 weeks lost but I guess it really could be worse. As stated in Suzannes message at least that were able to save the last 10 years of information and only lost 2 weeks.

Well we have rain all over in the forcast again today really getting tired of all the rain.

Well hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

WOW!

I'm just glad we're up and running again!!

Hope everybody is having a safe and healthy weekend.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #4  

And don't forget . . . today is the pushup challenge!! One point for every pushup!!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Thanks for reminding me I forgot about the push up challenge today I better get to work
Old 06-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #6  

happy2bme & Reda . . . it looks like it's just the 3 of us. OMG. Where IS everybody??

In case anybody pops in here, I went ahead and started the Beach Buddies Exercise thread again. Hopefully we can rebuild!!
Old 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, just checking in, I've been very busy this last week, I'll move next week so I have no time for internet..
Old 06-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #8  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi all! I graduated college this morning! OK, I'm done patting myself on the back now.

Unfortunately, this last week has not been great food-wise, and this next week will probably be one big party too, but I'm basically focusing on maintaining my good habits and hopefully losing a little as well, and then getting fully back on track the next week, and hopefully seeing a big loss then. So here's to staying in control this week.

Have a great weekend, everybody... wherever you are...
Old 06-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Hey Black Team,

I'm around. I'm down 2 pounds--the pound I gained last week and another pound, so I'm stoked.

I'll update the exercise buddy thread. Luckily, I have it all written down in a little notebook---along w/calories.

I just got through a double-feature: Sex & the City and The Strangers....strange combination, I know. Been a somewhat lazy day though. Guess I need to get a start on laundry. What an exciting Saturday night for me.

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #10  
Choose your hard

on your graduation Jessica! Enjoy your celebrations, just try and make some decent choices - not perfect, not sinful, just a little bit better than your first instincts.

and a for you jenjen on losing the pounds. What did you think of The Strangers? Heard that was disappointing.

well I didn't forget about the jumping jack challenge but was out and about all day today so I couldn't easily get into it. Tried it at home but the house shook too much and DH wanted to know what was going on Just kiddin'

ggmugsy - to your question --- I think summer makes for the the most difficult BL challenge. It's getting near that time when people are heading out for the week or even the weekend to enjoy the better weather. And it's interesting that several people have posted that with 3FC down for a day, they actually got away from the computer and tackled other things in life.

I know that when some of my favorite TV shows finished for the season in the spring, I said I was NOT going to get hooked into the summer replacement shows. Well maybe except for The Mole which I have been waiting to return for like 2 or 3 years. However without Anderson Cooper as the host, not sure that show will recapture it's magic again. But anyway, I am torn between posting here and getting away from the computer and TV and getting in more exercise, tackling some chores I keep making excuses for putting off and I have decided to take on the "100 things in 1000 days" project where you make a list of 100 things you want to or feel compelled to do and you have 1000 days to get it done. Can't leave them all until the last month of the project.

So that's why I haven't been as active a poster in this challenge as I was in prior challenges. But I do try to get in here a couple of times a week.

Anyway - if everyone's away, I hope that means that they are having a great weekend. It's a little too warm down here right now which makes being outside challenging.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone and congradulations Jessica!

I am taking a freebie week this week - I went to the doctor and while everything is fine we were talking about diet/exercise...she said they recommend women who are trying to lose weight drop their calories down to 1200-1400. I am almost embarrased to say this but I couldn't believe it. I have been hovering around the 1800-2000 mark for a while and knew I needed to take it down but 1200? That is just crazy talk.

I honestly thought that because I am tall and big boned (really, I am - my fingers do not go around my wrist at all ) that I would need more calories. But, what she said makes since - that will help me to lose 2-3 pounds a week which helps keep me motivated (a recent problem).

Soooooo....that being said, on Monday and I am going to adjust my intake. I have been losing about a pound a week during this challenge - which, while still losing is PAINSTAKENLY slow so hopefully this will be an easy way to help speed things up.

Have a blessed week!

Last edited by Tonia; 06-08-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #12  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I am bowing out of the contest. I've been off track too long and have gained some weight and I don't want to affect the team's numbers. I'm not giving up on my weightloss efforts, you'll still see me around 3FC. Best wishes to all and keep up the great work!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #13  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Morning all!
Fresh week starting today. Sorry I had to post a gain this week. TOM came a week early. It has been pretty irregular since my healthier lifestyle started. Not liking the unpredictable schedule!

Last week was rough for exercise. We went from cold spring to 43C with humidity. Think I will do shorter 15 min intervals of exercise several times a day. Just so it is not as challenging to struggle thru the heat.

Maybe a QUESTION for the DAY would be...HOW do you alter your exercise to accomodate for the heat/humidity?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

I don't know how others feel but ...

To me this challenge is NOT about beating the other team(s) in the weekly weigh ins.

It's not about having bragging rights for being the chattiest group.

It's not about being the first one to hit the beach on the exercise challenges.

It IS all about having a group of people coming together, some of which who have some encouraging words or great ideas that help me to stay on track or get off the couch and get moving or drinking my water or trying new ways to cook some foods that I might not have even considered.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if the Black Team never won a challenge. But if people stuck it out, and managed to make healthy choices for 12 weeks running - that would be success. I truly admire the folks who dive in and lose 20 pounds during the challenge. I can't do that - but very often I've felt like falling into my old habits but were motivated to do jumping jacks for a day or try roasted brussels spouts and it was the diversion I needed to stay on track.

I do understand that it's better to get out and take a walk than to sit in front of the computer for 2 hours at a time - I'm trying to cut back myself.

Just makes me sad when we lose people from the team
Old 06-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #15  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I to am sad to see people leave. And I really do hope it is for making overall healthier choices. I do wish I could chit chat more often thru the day but...I must strive to balance caring for my family and caring for me. The challenge is helping me to reschedule things in life and watching others is proving to me that I can fit is exercise. This after years of saying "When?". I have be juggling in and blending all sorts of new things into our life. For example EZ Money's 5ks. I am doing them with my family. I am learning that working out does not mean 2 hours at the gym. Plus shower time, travel time and sitters to watch the kids. A workout for me is to be active with my family. Therefore we are all healthier. I have also added to help me limit my computer time. A kitchen timer. 15 min gone equals me out of my office chair and doing the next task. Please re-evaluate any choice to leave and see how you can make it work for you! I am sure none of us would be offended by 1 posting ever 2 or 3 days. Doesn't it say some where you must post a min of ONCE a week in chat?
Lets do the best we can to support each other without it being an additional demand on life.