Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=Nori71;2192803]
Paula - Congrats on DS's letter! Where is he going to college? As far as the homework - I remember doing that exact thing to my Mom on the night before assignments were due. From one mom to another I say total up your housework for today and use that as your physical activity! Others are using it on top of their physical activities, so I don't see why you shouldn't use it for the occasional "instead of"!

He is going to A&M Kingsville in Kingsville, Tx. His degree is in Archetural Enginnering. We have 1 daug who grad has a costume designer and the other is a Musical Major. Not much money so I told him he needs to graduate so he can take care of me since I did all the paper work for him. .

I wish I could include housework in my excercise but last night my night consisted of listen to Kat read me her paper about 100 times and helping her add stuff to it. Tonight I will be doing grocery shopping and cleaning before I live tomorrow. mybe I can run up and down the stairs at work.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #47  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
...Arundel Mills, is that the big circular one with "neighborhoods"? I go shopping up there when I visit my sister, I know there are a couple malls we've been to. Have a good morning everyone!...
Arundel Mills is supposed to be an outlet mall in MD. It has Muvico (24 theaters) and Dinner Theater - Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament - also. I prefer Columbia Mall and Towson Mall when it comes to clothes shopping. Arundel Mills has some nice stores though and lot of shoe stores

Judy, how far are you from Tyson's corner? That's a nice mall. I've been there couple times when I go visit my uncle in VA.

Vix, That's weird your doctor didn't do a breast exam part of physical. Maybe she was having a bad day or something...but even then she should be neglecting patients. Hope you find a good doctor soon. As for the pap test, I have to ask them to include it as part of my physical. It's not done by default. And as Jill said an obgyn does it. My doctor is both for me so she does the pap for me. Anyway, hope next time you get a better doctor.

Last edited by pintobean; 05-09-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #48  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Needless to say I am going to complain to my medical group, as well as blue cross, who else can I complain to?
You can complain to the department of health in your state. And, make sure you file all of your complaints in writing. Written complaints get more attention than the phone calls. Typically, a primary care physician doesn't do a pap or breast exam unless they are also a gynecologist. However, routine bloodwork is a required component of preventive care. Even though you've paid your copay, I'd still file a complaint with your insurance administrator as it looks like you need to get a routine physical by another physician. If your plan has a maximum for routine care, this lousy physician just ate up some of that maximum.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #49  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! I just have been out of town, my grandmother fell and broke her hip so hadda go see her after surgery, then my sister had a housewarming party, then I was swamped with computer work for our business, kids were sick, one is today so taking him to doc. I'm not feeling too hot myself. Joy joy! But otherwise we are still around. He's been even more swamped than I have. I dunno about him but I haven't lost a thing this week. Maybe by Monday I will. I miss you all, and hate being too busy to stop here.

Take care and I will try to stop back in soooooon!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #50  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning all. Thank you everyone for such encouragement. I totally appreciate it. You guys have been such great support. I even got motivated to do "real" walking yesterday. I think I might either cut the front yard or vacuum and wash my expedition (that is really hard because it's so big). I am so motivated to lose weight and finally my DH decided to sign me up at a new gym where it's cheaper. Everything is freeeeeeeeeeee. Personal trainer, classes, baby sitting, everything. Woo Hoo. I hope we go and get signed up today. I really wanna get my weight down. I'm looking to get to at least 175 by the time I go to Vegas.
DH and I are on talking terms now. We were supposed to talk about how everything is unfair with him and me now and how it never used to be like that but he ended having some beer (of course) and fell asleep. Oh the frustration. But at least we're on talking terms.
Ok, this is funny. While we were sleeping last night, I found out that DH sleep walks. He just got up in the middle of the night, walked to his dresser and opened and closed his drawer then walked to the boys room closet. Stayed ther for a couple of minutes, walked to the bathroom, stayed there for a couple of minutes then walked down the hall to the livingroom and didn't turn the light on or anything and I was about to go and check on him because I have no idea what the **** he was doing. He came in the room and shut our door. He never shuts the door unless we have guests over. Then I asked him what he was doing and he opened the door and came to bed. I asked him what he was doing and all he said was that he was probably dreaming and he went back to sleep. I thought it was funny because DS2 does the exact same thing. He's slept walked before when we lived in California but it wasn't like this. I was so afraid he was gonna end up peeing in the boys closet. It was funny though.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #51  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Judy, how far are you from Tyson's corner? That's a nice mall. I've been there couple times when I go visit my uncle in VA.
hehe, I can't stand going to Tyson's. I used to work about 5 minutes away and avoided it whenever possible (both Galleria and Tyson's II). I always feel like a poor person when I go there--everyone is all dressed in their expensive name brand clothing, and even the 12-year-olds have thier Prada purses. Being over 300 pounds and wearing my outfit from Walmart or Target, I feel very out of place It's just so not me, I guess. Although there are great restaurants there: Maggiano's, Coastal Flats, PF Chang's, etc. Leave it to me to find food as the high point, right? :laugh:
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #52  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
...Yup, that's the one! I LOVE that it is a circle so when you're done, you're right back where you started instead of having to walk all the way back through the mall again to get to your car...
Oh also someone once told me that the Arundel mall is about 1 mile circle. She and her husband used to go on walks and she told me that if it was crappy weather outside they would walk inside the mall knowing it was 1 mile full circle.

As for Mother's Day, We're going to my SIL's place to celebrate mother's day for my MIL. We got her a small angel figurine (she likes angels) with a personalized inscription on the back from DH and me. I found this neat store online which does personalizations and it's cool They're going to be grilling so it's going to be burgers and dogs and whatever everyone else brings It's going to be a potluck. We're taking modified Mac & Cheese by jazzing it up little bit

Last edited by pintobean; 05-09-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #53  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
hehe, I can't stand going to Tyson's. I used to work about 5 minutes away and avoided it whenever possible (both Galleria and Tyson's II). I always feel like a poor person when I go there--everyone is all dressed in their expensive name brand clothing, and even the 12-year-olds have thier Prada purses. Being over 300 pounds and wearing my outfit from Walmart or Target, I feel very out of place It's just so not me, I guess. Although there are great restaurants there: Maggiano's, Coastal Flats, PF Chang's, etc. Leave it to me to find food as the high point, right? :laugh:
Oh I agree with you there Jill, it did look an expensive mall. But I was talking about the one with Macy's and other regular stores in it. I believe it's called Tysons II I never shopped in the mall but it looked like any other regular mall when we walked inside.

Last edited by pintobean; 05-09-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #54  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

I had hoped that joining the TBL challenge would motivate me to go all-out in my weight loss efforts, but that has not proved to be the case. I am still losing, but am just not motivated to 'lose as much as I healthily can in X weeks'.

I don't want to drag the team average down, so I'm outta here. I'm still rootin' for Blue, tho' !
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #55  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy29 View Post
I don't want to drag the team average down, so I'm outta here. I'm still rootin' for Blue, tho' !
Daffy, I'm really sorry that you made the decision to quit doing this with us. You're losing. How would that bring our average down? Believe me, as the weeks go on and average weight losses slow down, every little bit counts in a big way.

Either way, good luck to you. I hope you see some awesome results in your near future.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
He's slept walked before when we lived in California but it wasn't like this. I was so afraid he was gonna end up peeing in the boys closet. It was funny though.
The story my father-in-law told at our wedding was about when DH was a kid and was sleep walking. Apparently he got up in the middle of the night and peed in the fridge! Being married to a sleep walker is odd at times. I woke up once in the middle of winter to find that DH had opened up the front door and gone to take a shower. I couldn't figure out why the furnace ran for a half hour straight!

So last night I had a very frustrating experience trying to buy some new spring clothes. I had $100 in gift cards to Old Navy and all I managed to buy was a pair of pants that I'm pretty sure I'll be returning. I spent 2 1/2 hours trying things on at Old Navy and at a second hand store! I was really hoping to find some nice stuff for our vacation. My size 16 jeans are literally falling off of me and yet anything that I tried on in a 16 wouldn't go over my thighs. And then if I did find something that went over my thighs it was gaping hugely at the waist. AAaagh! So I guess I'm packing my ratty old stuff that doesn't fit right. (And when I say ratty I really mean ratty. I go shopping for clothes maybe 2 or 3 times a year.)

On the positive side, we have only one day left until our trip. The kids are spending today with my mom so I can pack and clean like crazy. I'll try not to spend too much time on here!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #57  
Trying it again....

kim-that's funny. did he think the snow was gonna give him a good shower? That is hilarious. Yeah, DS2once woke up and decided he would go to the corner his brothers bed is at a pee. I had to make him stop and run him to the real bathroom. My aunt once dreamt that she was going to the bathroom and sleep walked to the kitched and sat on the trashcan and peed there. But to have these stories said at a wedding is hilarious. Did DH take it with stride? Hope so.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #58  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Friday! (finally)

Paula - Would it be okay for me to recruit your DS now? We're always needing Architechtural Interns.

Daffy - Please reconsider. I'm not a big loser either, in fact I posted a huge gain last week.

TK - My DH sleepwalks sometimes, he also sleep talks. The other night I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back to bed he accused me of taking pictures of him in his sleep for the military. WTH? Honey, you sleeping just isn't that interesting. I finally figured out that when I passed by the hallway nightlight it blinked on, he must have dreamed it was a camera flash.

Confession time. I've bought absolutely nothing for Mother's Day yet. Not even cards. I need to take care of this today!

So I have a new motto, "WWAE" or "What Would Anna Eat?" Last night, right after I got home the electric went out. There wasn't really anything I could eat "raw" in the house, so I went for a walk, and then decided to take something home for DH and I to eat (by then the electric is on, but I was tired, hungry, and stressed). I'm contemplating a drivethru, when I asked myself "WWAE?". So instead I headed for a grocery store, got DH a premade sandwich, and bought myself some squash and some Boca Burgers. Boca's are still probably product-like, but they were the better choice than the greasy fare I was really wanting.

My grandma went in for a heart cath this morning, and it turns out she doesn't need it after all. She just has a "lazy heart beat", whatever that is. Now she is probably coming with my mom to visit later next week. I'll probably have to count some of the extra cleaning next week as exercise minutes. I was so distracted this monring I didn't get more than 20 minutes. Now that I've gotten news from home, maybe I can get a walk in at lunch.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #59  
Trying it again....

dixie-that is soooo funny. I'm sitting here lmao. hilarious.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
kim-that's funny. did he think the snow was gonna give him a good shower? That is hilarious. Yeah, DS2once woke up and decided he would go to the corner his brothers bed is at a pee. I had to make him stop and run him to the real bathroom. My aunt once dreamt that she was going to the bathroom and sleep walked to the kitched and sat on the trashcan and peed there. But to have these stories said at a wedding is hilarious. Did DH take it with stride? Hope so.
He wasn't even aware of what he'd done since he was still sound asleep. At our wedding, he was a really good sport about his dad telling the story. We've actually got pictures of him laughing hysterically. It takes a lot to embarrass him!