Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Oh if you want I can tell you how to make paneer at home
PLEASE tell!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #92  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=pintobean;2185651]Hope you're feeling better today. Have you thought of getting one of those at home pregnancy tests from a pharmacy. Trust me you'll feel more relaxed once you know for sure I totally understand about you wanting to get the weight off first cuz I want the weight off too before I can become pregnant. Well, maybe for your sake I hope it's just a flu...kind of weird wanting someone sick but you know what I mean

Awww thanks.. I really had to fight the urge to stop at Walmart for a test yesterday. I am due sometime this week (TOM never ever shows up when I expect it to), I have decided to wait till hubby's next payday to test.. which is the 15th... I don't even want to know..lol. Hubby looked at me seriously last night and said "Would it really be such a bad thing?" Ummm I had to answer no.. and I was honest about it... but I have to have c-sections, and really 4 is where I said ok, we played russian roulette enough.. but I know I'm not ready to say that our baby days are over.

NORI~~ I had the paragaurd IUD after DS2 was born because the dr said no way should you get pregnant anytime soon.. I had just had 2 sections in a year... after a few months of it I was 5 weeks late. Test after test could find no reason.. and without the hormones it should not make AF stop. I had that thing yanked out then and there! We decided that what ever happened would happen and we would be happy about it.

In other news.. I got a half hour of exercise in this morning, and Garrett's state standardized test (that should have been done months ago..oops). I have oodles of laundry to wash and hang out so I better go get moving on that or my family will all have to run around naked! Then I want to hit the treadmill this afternoon. I seem to feel fine if I break up my exercise throughout the day.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #93  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

*sigh* All of you ladies hanging your laundry...I'm so envious! My subdivision finds hanging laundry to be unsightly. So, the fact that I'm helping my earth...and, my pocketbook....is not a good thing? I've considered hanging my laundry in the garage, but I'm not sure it would dry very well with our humidity.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-05-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #94  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Changes to the Exercise Challenge
Old 05-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #95  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
*sigh* All of you ladies hanging your laundry...I'm so envious! My subdivision finds hanging laundry to be unsightly. So, the fact that I'm helping my earth...and, my pocketbook....is not a good thing? I've considered hanging my laundry in the garage, but I'm not sure it would dry very well with our humidity.

Are you kidding me? People actually complain if you hang laundry?? That is insane. Seriously, I would just say screw them and hang it anyway if that is what you want to do.

Your garage likely wouldnt get a nice breeze to dry anything anyway.

Be a rebel...go hang your stuff.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #96  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sommer - I always used dollar store tests! Sometimes they were even on sale 2/$1! RE: IUD - for how horrible it was to get that thing "installed", it's gotta stay for a bit longer! I actually love it. Best BCP form I've ever used. One of my good friends just had her 5th (and she says final) section. I've only ever had horribly long labors and vag births.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Good morning team!

I'm keeping my check-in quick as DD decided she's done with TV and is literally all over me as I write. I'm heading out for my run this morning while Grandma watches the kids since soccer starts tonight. In some ways I love that DH is the coach but in some ways it's a pain in the butt since I can't leave DD with him while he's coaching!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #98  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Morning team! To paraphase the Season 4 players on TBL, "it's with a heavy, heavy heart" that I posted a gain this week. I had a lower weight earlier in the week, but I just feel that if I report that, then I'm setting myself up for failure next week. So I posted my weight for yesterday, and I'm owning it. I'm move forward from here. The odd this is that I can't pinpont anything except TOM that could be causing it. I've exercised, I've eaten on plan, so what's the deal?

Chellez - Keep the books as long as you want. I hope the dog is feeling better.

TK - Sorry to hear about your furbaby.

Rhonda - Maybe you could use one of those folding racks? I put some clothes on the line yesterday and 3 hours later they were still damp. Gotta love that humidity.

I want to give an unlsolicited opinion on the counting of housework/chores to the exercise minutes. I spent yesterday cleaning out (removing everything and sorting it, then putting it back) my husband's office and my laundry room, moving 3 bookcases full of books, I cleaned out 4 closets and 3 dressers. I am more sore today than if I had gone to the gym (I actually started the project while waiting for the gym to open and got sidetracked). I think we should be able to count extraordinary activities like spring cleaning. Also yardword. On the days I mow our 1/2 acre, by push mower, I count that as my exercise. It takes me about 2 hours of constant walking and pushing. Same with pruning shrubs. I don't count the time I spend vacuuming, or unloading the dishwasher, although I do occasionally throw all of my activity into fitday just to see how many calories a day I burn.

Edit - Oops, I didn't read Chelle's post on the new challenge first. Oh well, now you know how I feel about it.

Last edited by dixied; 05-05-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #99  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Yesterday at Jeff's mom's wasn't toooo bad...except for the food. My MIL thinks healthy food is getting the 3 piece crispy strips from McD's. I mean they are breast meat, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today is the big day....I re-start the modified C25K program. I'm battling the negative brain talk that keeps sneaking into my head when I'm not on-guard. Rhonda - Get thee butt on the treadmill. I managed to do W3D1 yesterday after two months of mental block about being able to do 3 minutes. I could do 2.5 but not those 3. I realized after I was finished it really wasn't that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
I decided last night that I HAVE to get back into some sort of routine or I'm going to lose it. I just want to come back here and have a place I can forget everything bad that is going on. A place where I can talk about working out, food...whatever, and not feel guilty about still wanting to talk about NORMAL things and laugh every once in awhile. Even just saying that out loud makes me feel guilty, but I HAVE to have something that stays the same when everything around me is changing. Does that make sense? Like Tee said, not sure about normal but we are here for you. Hugs and prayers to your family.

I lost 7.8lbs this week! Awesome job!

Plus, without my steel cut oats and fruit every morning...I'm not...um...well....regular, anymore! I can't believe I never tried steel cut before I started posting here. It's the best.

Erica is home until May 17th and she looks beautiful. Enjoy your time with your daughter. I am sure she is a wonderful young lady. Please give her a thank you for her service to our country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Hope you're feeling better today. Have you thought of getting one of those at home pregnancy tests from a pharmacy. Trust me you'll feel more relaxed once you know for sure
Go get a dollar store test. Usually they are pretty accurate. Find more info here.
QOTD: What NSV have you had recently? I finally made it through W3D1 of C25K.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #100  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

On the subject of hanging laundry: until a couple years ago, there were by-laws 'round here against hanging laundry out. Now, we're allowed, but I believe it has to be on one of those upside-down umbrella-looking things. Makes no sense in this energy-concious era.

On the subject of dogs eating soap: my experience is that some dogs will eat pretty much anything, and some don't learn from the past 'ill-advised' eating experiences. I had a Great Dane a few years back who was like that...when she ate soap, the amount of suds was quite amazing, but we had no carpeting... Our current canine is also of the garburator lineage.

We had guests this weekend, so were out to dinner on Sat...my good intentions got thrown out the window. I have not been particularly OP the past few days, but today is back on track day. I, too, find it easier on workdays than on the weekend. I don't particularly like a lot of structure in my days, but it seems to be what I need.

Just for today: I will stay OP, and I will get on the treadmill.

ETA: QOTD
My recent NSV is literally that: I have not weighed myself since last Tuesday AM!

Last edited by Daffy29; 05-05-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #101  
budding cinephile

Anyone else notice since they started working out and eating better their overall posture is better?

I've only been on plan for two weeks and I noticed I was sitting and walking differently this morning...
Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #102  
budding cinephile

Oh! Update on my silly pup:

She ended up stopping the at about midnight... slept/whined in the crate until about 3 am which at that point I was so I put her in the bed with me so she'd shut up. She slept all the way til 6:50, then got up and ate a full breakfast with some water. I think the water rekindles the nasty soap taste in her mouth cause she makes a funny face and opens her mouth wide like she hates it.

No this morning.... but she didn't go #2 before I had to leave so I'm sure Daniel will be coming home this afternoon to either a 'n dog or a messy crate.

And on a side note.... I think my Saturday lack of calories incident has come back to haunt me... I was up 2 lbs this morning...

Good thing I weighed in early! I'm sure it will be gone by the end of this week being as I only have good groceries (and no soda! ) in the house.

My hubby told me yesterday before I went to Wal Mart that he wanted bottled water or Gatorade instead of Dr. Pepper cause he said it was too sweet and he'd been drinking too much of it lately. You should have seen how far my jaw hit the floor!

Last edited by chellez; 05-05-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #103  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

UGH! I still have not made it out of the house to go to the gym! I was just about to leave I am literally blocked in. The town people are cutting some trees down on my road and they are using the end of my driveway for their machines. So, I have to wait. I just went out to talk to them and they said 30 more minutes. I will get there. I have told myself a few times that maybe today I will stay home but then I was reading thru the exercise challenge posts and decided NOPE, I am going to work out and get some minutes in! Im flying out with the rest of ya.

QOTD: What NSV have you had recently?

I dropped an inch in my waist and hips in the last month. Doesn't seem like a lot but since the beginning I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14 and little by little...inch by inch I WILL make it into a size 12.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #104  
budding cinephile

All you chickies with the blue cheerleader in your signature:

If you are still using the photobucket url in your siggy, you need to switch over to the 3FC smiley cause I think Diva deleted it out of her photobucket (and it makes you look silly with big photo bucket errors in your signature! )

the 3FC smiley code is cheer3 with : on either side of it.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #105  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

QOTD: What NSV have you had recently?

I stayed on plan all day Saturday (race day)! Thanks to everyone for their great advice!

I'm very proud to say I lost 1.5 lbs this week! Getting through the race on Saturday and the weekend in general and still losing 1.5 lbs is a huge victory for me.

Chellez: Glad your dog is feeling better.

Sommer: Keeping you in my thoughts . . let us know when you test!

Last edited by Hopefulpinkangel; 05-05-2008 at 11:01 AM.