Old 05-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #46  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Sucky teammate; no time to catch up. Anyway. I had a stupid day. Whenever DH takes the kids out of town, I get Indian food. (It's OK, God wants me to have it) I needed time without kids to get things done, so DH took the kids to my parents. I wrote all of the text for our new business's website. I got all of our plants and put in the garden today. I got Indian food.

I did not enjoy it. I felt so rushed to get everything done that I snarfed it, and I did not eat slowly, with gratitude and purpose. Of course, I ate too much. It was a lunch portion, but still. Stupid. It was a treat. It should have been savored.

The only positive was that the naan was not that good, so I pitched it.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Whenever DH takes the kids out of town, I get Indian food. (It's OK, God wants me to have it)
We live in an area of the city that has a very high East Indian population and many many many of my pregnancy pounds were put on thanks to East Indian sweets. When I go for some of my evening runs I can smell the yummy aromas of East Indian foods wafting out from houses and my poor stomach feels so sad and empty!

To answer QOTD (What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge or for some of us, being back "on plan" for a week?) I'd have to say that I'm just feeling overall way more positive about life and my weight loss. Losing 6 lbs in two weeks has been a huge boost to my morale and having a place to discuss my weight loss journey is hugely helpful. I'm feeling more loving towards my body and more accepting of myself.

Today was a not so hot day food-wise but that's ok. I was out doing a book sale (my very PT home based business) so I didn't eat much or drink much water, but when I finally did eat I was starving so I ate a bit too much. My Mom also dropped off some salt water taffy for me. Yum! I had three pieces and asked DH to eat the rest. Tonight we're supposed to go to my in-law's for supper so I can pretty much guarantee it'll be takeout. Hopefully I can keep it small and semi-healthy.

My kiddo is begging me to take her outside for a bike ride, so my aching feet and I are outta here!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #48  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Kim--If I lived that close to Indian food all the time, I would say "To heck with 3FC, bring me the paneer masala!"

I turned it around. I had a nice salad for dinner. Meara the devil bunny took a nap, so she will be up until 10. I plan to pop her in the stroller for an hour while I walk. Tomorrow night we are supposed to keep her up as late as possible for her EEG, AND not let her sleep on the way to the appt. Yeah, right.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Tomorrow night we are supposed to keep her up as late as possible for her EEG, AND not let her sleep on the way to the appt. Yeah, right.
What's going on with her that she's going in for an EEG? Good luck keeping her up!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #50  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
SHay, I pay the same thing as you for extended cable from comcast in Md, so Jill I also want to know how you pay that. Are you on a 12 mo or 24 mo upgrade of new customer deal/discount by any chance?
Nope. I had a discount for my first 6 months as a new customer, but it was lower and has since gone up to the 86.68. My bill says 39.95 for "Digital PCK PRM" (Premium Digital?) and 42.95 for internet (we have our own modem, so no modem rental). We don;t pay for any additional boxes--we have a box in the living room and that's it. The bedroom TVs just have regular cable straight from the wall jacks, not digital. No HD, no pay channels, no phone, no DVR, 1 digital box.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #51  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
eek--I pay our Comcast bill, and for our digital tv and high speed internet, we pay $86.68/month (including all taxes and fees and stuff).
When we moved we paid $33 for each service - internet, phone and cable, so $99. But that special was only for 6 months also. Now it's $160 for all 3, but I do have 2 phone lines - $10 for line for the fax.

Congrats on all the losses!!

I'm all messed up today (scedule wise) and am heading to the gym finally! Exercising is totally my "escape" and me time. BBL!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #52  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
If I wanted to watch a show on NBC or FOX I had to start working on tuning them in at least 15 minutes before the show started.
I'm a little disappointed in the new TV. We used to get NBC, PBS and CBS in perfect. ABC was nearly as good. Now we get NBC in a digital format that is crystal clear along with two different PBS stations. Then in analog we get NBC and PBS ok. CBS is pretty crappy and I don't think there is much hope for ABC. I'll have to try and mess with the antenna some more. But really its okay since there isn't anything I am really watching until the next TBL comes on.

Quote:
I got all of our plants and put in the garden today.

I got Indian food. I did not enjoy it. I felt so rushed to get everything done that I snarfed it, and I did not eat slowly, with gratitude and purpose. Of course, I ate too much. It was a lunch portion, but still. Stupid. It was a treat. It should have been savored.

Tomorrow night we are supposed to keep her up as late as possible for her EEG, AND not let her sleep on the way to the appt. Yeah, right.
I got my seedlings in pots outside finally. Green and wax beans, cucumbers, peas, and lettuce. Then I planted two different sunflowers for the kids in the ground and DS decided he needed carrots because rabbits like those. So gardener friends, what can I use to keep those rabbits away from my plants? I don't really expect to get much produce to begin with but they don't need to eat what I do have.

I don't think I've ever had Indian food. I hope you savor it next time.

Good luck with Meara's EEG. I'll be thinking good thoughts for her, and you.

I finally managed to break through my mental block and completed W3D1.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #53  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoskyy View Post
Whooo blue team!!!

Does anyone else do Yoga Booty Ballet?
I have YBB, but have never used it yet. I am just not sure about it yet..lol.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #54  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to take a second to check in. I'm still not feeling up to par, and really had a what I consider off plan weekend. I ate fairly wisely, but didn't count my calories. I know I should have, but I just don't feel great and feel like I'm barely scraping by the days right now. Any time I try to work out or get overly warm I start to feel sick and weak.. I have no clue what is going on... hubby says it's twins.. I told him to not go to sleep or I will beat him with the cast iron skillet!! As much as I would love another baby.. I really want to get this weight off FIRST.. so I'm holding my breath, and hoping I just have some bug that no one else in the house seems to have.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #55  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hi guys im here soley to confess.. lol I have had 3 days of hardly any sleep .. so yesterday(4th) i had a migrane all afternoon .. i sat on my back side all day... did 0 zilch nothing no exercise .. so my first day of this weeks exercise challenge has been completly wasted.. in my bed watching movies lol.. last night i had a total of 3 hours but i still intend getting off my backside this morning i can feel another headache working it magic.. so i havent read the threads yet .. just thought id let you know..

I was op for calories but no exercise.. ok im off.

The house isnt gonna clean itself..
Old 05-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #56  
One life, live it well

Wrapping up a good weekend here! It was gorgeous today! Really a foretaste of summertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingfawn View Post
As much as I would love another baby.. I really want to get this weight off FIRST... so I'm holding my breath, and hoping I just have some bug that no one else in the house seems to have.
LOL! I've been more tired than usual recently also (I say allergies!) and DH keeps telling me to take a test. This would be a very bad thing though since I have an IUD. On a serious note though, we are trying to decide if we are done or not. I always wanted 3 children, DH is happy with 2, and so am I, but for some reason I don't feel "done" yet. I'm nearly 37, so I don't have much time to decide. And I don't want to get pg at this weight. I was 220 both times I got pg before and gained 15 pounds each time.

Anna - Meara will be in my thoughts for sure. I also LOVE Indian food. Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori chicken, Aloo Gobi and a spinach dish that I cannot remember the name of, Naan, rotis and all the other "bread items"...all of it! Do you ever cook Indian? I don't. There are so many spices that I would have to buy and then DH isn't crazy about any of it but Tandoori.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #57  
One life, live it well

Amy - Sorry you had a headache. I'm of the opinion that it's good to give your body a rest occasionally! I take 1-2 days off (or only do low intensity) exercise a week. You'll still get plenty of points in for the challenge even with days off!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #58  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ok so the dog's tummy has finally settled I think.... I'm keeping her in the crate tonight (she normally sleeps with me )

Other than that....

Don't Forget To Weigh In Before 11:59 pm EST Tomorrow Night!

Can't say I didn't warn ya!

Last edited by chellez; 05-05-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #59  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Omg I'm having the worst night ever. I miss Fonzo so much..I hate feeling so freakin lonely. I dunno what happened too. I was having a pretty good day..then I took a nap and woke up feeling like crap. My dinner made my stomach hurt..then I almost ate an entire thing of Cherry Garcia. Thank God I came to my senses before I ate the whole thing. Good thing its low fat frozen yogurt. But still..I'm so disappointed in myself. All my hard work probably just went down the drain. What a freakin failure I am.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #60  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

francie you sound just like me a few days ago but my binge was far worse lol IM too ashamed to say but ill tell you it was a 900 calorie binge i had on top of my day of food .... I hate being alone too .. >>>>>HUGGZ<<<<< for you

here is to a better day tomorrow