Old 05-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

SHay, I pay the same thing as you for extended cable from comcast in Md, so Jill I also want to know how you pay that. Are you on a 12 mo or 24 mo upgrade of new customer deal/discount by any chance?

We have FIOS offered here - for about the last 18 months, apparently one of the first in the area to get the upgrade. I've had my front yard dug up 4 times by them already. Once to lay the cable in the neighborhood, then everytime one of my neighbors switches, they dig it up again to connect them to the box which is on my neighbor's yard on the other side of me. I'm stuck in the middle. But other than digging up the yard to your house, they also have to come inside and put holes in all your walls and wire everything, and I just hate all that. And yes, you MUST RENT a converter box from them for EACH tv you want cable on . For us, that's like 5 tv's. Forget it!! That adds a ton to the monthly bills. I would need that for digi comcast too, so that's probably why I've stuck with extended.

Francie, oh yeah, I make those all the time for my kids and call em cheese quesadillas! I recognize it now!

Forgot to post that I got a 4.6 loss this week! Now I know why I always felt hungry!

Last edited by sportmom; 05-04-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #32  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge or for some of us, being back "on plan" for a week?
I'm more motivated this time around. And I actually got over my fear of walking alone and actually went outside to take a walk!!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
Oh yeah, since I am a Comcast customer I am really debating getting digital cable again. I had digital in my living room but only expanded in the bedroom but never watched the extra channels. It might be worth it with DVR and the exercise on demand. I don't know my bill is $105/month now for expanded cable and hi speed internet. I really don't want to pay more than that. I will think about it.
Wow! I pay about $110 after taxes, for high-speed internet, expanded cable, and phone service.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233.5/219.5/180

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning Everybody!!!

It sounds like everybody has been doing GREAT this week!!! I would have to agree with most everybody that has answered the QOTD. Motivation to keep OP with my exercise has been the biggest benefit. Plus, with the exercise challenges I can already tell that they are going to motivate me to exercise even more than I do. I couldn't get the cabana boy this week, but I'm gonna work on it

Rhonda- What exactly is C25K? Everyone keeps referring to the plan...and I can imagine it involves a 25K Race, but what plan is it through? I've been a runner in the past and am slowly working my way back there, but it would be great to have something to help with that.

Well....gonna head to the gym now. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and I'll be seeing ya soon!
-Melissa

GO BLUE!!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #35  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge...
I feel pride in my efforts and pride for all the of the nice people doing this challenge. I feel everyone's enthusiasm and it boosts my own and makes me believe we can all accomplish our goals!

I'm having a very happy Sunday! I passed the 20 Pounds Lost milestone this morning and I also "graduated" into my next smaller size pair of shorts and can finally retire the ugly, dumpy ones I've been wearing to death. DH and I went for long bike ride on a new route and it was beautiful outside and we both had great rides.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-04-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 233.5/219.5/180

Height: 6 foot

P.S. -GREAT JOB SPORTMOM on your 4.6LB loss this week!!! That is AWESOME!!! Keep it up
Old 05-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #37  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Doragone- I personally do not count chores as workout time, I am too anal and would start counting how many steps going downstairs each day, I am moving most of the day so that would be silly for me to count all that, where would I draw the line!?!?!?
I feel that if I was going to do that chore anyway, even with not trying to lose weight - then it doesn't count. As Jillian says, you have to push your body and work it in different and new and challenging ways to CHANGE your body. That is my line of thinking, that is my line of thinking anyway, like a fat mail-carrier for example, they move all day long, but their body is just used to it.
Having said that, your yard work time is awesome, keep it up ladies! Any movement helps!
Chellez- yes I blocked the signatures for the purpose of the thread was just to busy for my eyes, which really stinks, because I do wan't to see everyone's siggy, but I just got too much, especially in these first weeks.

Last edited by vixjean; 05-04-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #38  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Update: My dog ate a bar of Dial soap and is now cleaning my carpets with her

So the exercise challenge wont be posted up until later this evening when her tummy calms down.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #39  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Chellez~OMG!! I cant believe your dog ate soap..poor thing. I hope she feels better.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Couch to 5K. Its a running program to get you running a 5k in about 30 minutes over the course of 9 weeks. Here is where most people go. There are others and I know there is one that is a longer program and uses 60 minutes 3x a week. I just finished W3D1 (week 3, day 1).

QOTD: What's different this week. A quote I found about the difference between interest and commitment. I need to be committed to succeed. Since finding it I have only had 2 days over my 2000 calories goal. Both of those were only by about 300 calories so should still be under my BMR. I have also amped up the exercise. Before I was lucky to do 30 minutes at a time a couple of days a week. I've done 5/6 days for 60 minutes. I also decided to get on the C25K seriously this time around. My results so far, 2.3lb loss.

Cable/satellite? What the heck are those? LOL. We had 4 over the air channels up until yesterday. We spent a chunk of our stimulus check on a new digital TV. I'll say it was about time as the old one was a 19" tube that was at LEAST 15 years old. We now have 6 channels. WHOOHOO!

Sorry I haven't gotten more personals done. I don't get as much chance to reply on weekends when DH is home.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #41  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Cable--I went about 5 years w/o and what I did get w/o was pitiful. If I wanted to watch a show on NBC or FOX I had to start working on tuning them in at least 15 minutes before the show started. When I moved to Arlington about 7 years ago is when I got cable again.

Well I should have exercised hours ago. As the day goes by it is less likely I will exercise but I will squeeze it in before the day is up. I just can't decide what I want to do. I'm trying to do something different each time so I don't get bored.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #42  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRN View Post
What exactly is C25K?
It's called Couch to 5K and it's a program that gradually gets a person who doesn't run to running a 5K in like 9 weeks. So far I am loving it! I have the podcasts that tell you when to run and when to walk. They help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Forgot to post that I got a 4.6 loss this week!
Great Job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I'm having a very happy Sunday! I passed the 20 Pounds Lost milestone this morning and I also "graduated" into my next smaller size pair of shorts and can finally retire the ugly, dumpy ones I've been wearing to death.
Congrats on passing the 20 lb mark!! Now trash those old shorts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Update: My dog ate a bar of Dial soap and is now cleaning my carpets with her
Hope your dogs tummy feels better soon!

Well I'm back from the race (Hubby and I went to the Nascar Richmond Race yesterday). I'm proud to say that not only did I stay OP (through many temptations), but we also walked for 3 hours!! Normally we just sit around and chill, but this time I got hubby up and went for a walk around the track and the trailers. I'm excited to see how my weight loss will be this week.

QOTD: I am much more motivated now. I know it probably seems silly, but this team has helped me so much this past week and I feel stronger having you guys for support! to all!
Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Good job Jennifer!! I didn't read your post in time to reply, but next time, marinate some chicken tenders (skinless bonelss purdue) in bbq sauce in a tupperware, by the time you grill it down there it will be delish! You can take some vegetarian baked beans and have a great healthy meal!

Thanks Baby Nurse! I hope this week will be just as great! to all of us as begin our new weeks!

Chelle, so sorry to hear about TargetDog. I would think it would taste so nasty that that would be ONE thing dogs wouldn't go after, at least not after the first bite!, but I've never had an indoor doggie. The things my outdoor dog would eat........nah, let's not even go there. Hope he works it out soon.

Last edited by sportmom; 05-04-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #44  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge or for some of us, being back "on plan" for a week?

The biggest thing for me is that I changed my weigh in from once a month to once a week. I am hoping that I wont become obsessed with the #s now but I think I am ready to be able to see it going up and down.

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a great sunday!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #45  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

chellez--my dog must be having sympathy symptoms for your dog. Just as I was reading your post, she came over and at my feet.....I hope your dog feels better soon!