Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #76  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Julz - I had one like that once. I did everything in my power to avoid her and just not be in the same room as her. I truly feel for you. My advice is to get acquainted with a bottle of wine and then you'll be so mellow it won't matter what she says or does. JK - don't really do that!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #77  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
Hello Lovely Ladies!

Congrats to everyone who earned their first badge last week! Let's try to earn a bunch for our team this week too!

I am SO happy to have posted a loss for this week. I was stuck at 180 for a couple of weeks, and with my TOM I didn't think I would have a loss this week at all. But I did show a 1 pound loss, which puts me into the 170's!

My husband brought home some fresh strawberries for me a few days ago and they are SOOO good! I feel like I'm eating candy! I am so happy that spring is here and we are getting some more good fruit in season!

Have a great week everyone!
Beth I got into the 170s this weekend too!! WoHooO! Way to go!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #78  
Laurie

Congrats Beth and BlzMax. My goal is to get back into the 170's this month and to exercise 3 hours a week minimum this month. Hopefully that will get me back on track and going in the right direction!!

Congrats to everyone that posted a loss this week. The rest of us will be right there with you next week!!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys! Just wanted to drop in to say hello! I'm back on Black Team again, and so is my husband, GsDaddy. I ended up dropping out towards the end of last challenge, and I think it was because I felt too stressed with trying to keep up with the forum and try to do personals and would feel guilty if I didn't read every post. So this time around, I plan on just popping in every now and then to say hi. I want to do whatever it takes to make it to the end, and it's just too hard for me to try to spend an hour online each day to keep up. Whatever it takes to keep me focused and help add to Black Team's weight loss!

I'm so excited to be starting this challenge! It helped motivate me to lose 14 pounds last time, and I'm hoping for even more this time around!!! I really hope that everyone on Black Team is able to drop at least 15 pounds each! We should make it our team's goal!

Well, I'll be back in a few days. If you wanna talk directly to me, please PM me anytime! I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them, but I just probably won't see it lost in all these posts!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! What a great first week!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #80  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Julz--
I have a similar situation, except she is just my bf's mom. She goes out of her way to try to cause problems between us, create drama and mae things difficult. I have always gone out of my way to be nice to her too. Once I found out what she was saying about me behind my back, I just started avoiding her. My mom invites my bf to all family functions, but she treats me like I have the plague. Whatever...if she can't see that her son loves me and I am not going anywhere, she is going to continue to live a miserable existence, wasting her life away plotting against me. All that does is show her son just how crazy she is! I feel for you!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #81  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

HEY BLACK TEAM!

DON'T forget to RECORD YOUR WEIGHT TODAY on the team weigh in thread.

I made the eggplant recipe from the first chat thread last night..."Eggplant Steak" I am going to repost the recipe on the eating thread. I modified it with less oil (of course) and it turned out fantastic! DH LOVED it! Would be an excellent party appetizer etc. It was so good.

Worked out HARD this morning...combo of stuff for 4.5 hours including a 4 mile jog/walk and then hauling lawn clippings and heavy yard debris, washing and vacuum my car, laundry, vacuum the house...yowsa! I am hoping for a bigger loss this week. Going to work hard at it.

On to the rest of busy Monday!

OP thoughts to all
Old 05-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #82  
Goth Bunny

Hiya everyone! Just writing in to say hello, WOW the thread went from 6 pages to 81 since the last time I was here! It's kinda hard to find time (and actually remember!) to visit here now that classes are finally over! I've spent sooo much time...and money...shopping the last 2 weeks! One upside (and kind of a downside ) of losing weight is your clothes start hanging off of you, and I just can't stand baggy jeans Oh well, good luck until I ttyl, rock on my lovelies!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Tatiana - Don't worry about personals. Just take part the best way you can. That's all anybody really expects.

I feel terrible when I read that people are overwhelmed by the chat thread. Just pop in and read the last page or two and let us know how you're doing. When you have time, do more if you can. Don't stress over it. Just do your best. This is supposed to be FUN and SUPPORTIVE . . . not torture.

I'm looking forward to seeing our results tomorrow!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I did almost 3 hours of exercise today...and I am so exhausted, so it's going to be short tonight so I can hit the bed. Since I slacked off all weekend I am making up time for my personal webwalking goal, so tomorrow I have to finish the last of that and will set a new goal...and I have learned my lesson, will not be blowing it off over the weekend this time. I think the next milestone is a really long one so it will stretch over 2 weeks anyway, not so much pressure as a one week challenge

Okay, I have to be up early to get kiddies to school...hope everyone has a good night.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi teammates,

I'm excited to hear how the first week turned out. This is so much fun. And I'm working out harder than I otherwise would have. Something about earning those miles to the beach have been great inspiration. I went to the fitness center tonight. I'm thrilled to have been able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical again followed by 15 on the stationary bike and 15 on the treadmill. Now its time to up the level on the elliptical. I also am going to go back to logging my food & exercise in Calorie King again. I've had several weeks of losses now so I am thinking that I will be getting to a plateau when I'm not looking.

My goals for the week then are to earn a second badge, log my days food & activity, and do 30 minutes at level 2 on the elliptical.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #86  

Well, I didn't really weigh in today. I just guessed that I didn't lose or gain based on the last time I weighed in. My scale broke and I still don't know what I am going to do!! Maybe I will do what someone (purplefirefly?) suggested and just get a cheapee until I can/will get a better one. I had planned on using the one at the gym but I won't be a the gym for a while....

I joined a community boot camp. It is really cool, actually. I am in the circuit training part of it - cause I thought it would be easier. hahahahahahahahahah. Boy, I can be so dumb. It was really, really hard. But, I did it! I cannot do a push up. And planks suck. But I got through it without passing out or throwing up . AND the trainer didn't have to correct my form even ONCE!!

Now, hopefully I can move in the morning!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #87  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi black team! Hope everyone had an excellent Monday. Oh, Mondays...

Tonia, I just bought a pretty cheap Health-o-meter scale (under $20 at Wal-Mart) that doesn't seem to fluctuate when I step on it repeatedly (I don't do this a lot, don't worry, but I just wanted to make sure it was accurate... ). That might be a good scale to get in the meantime.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Tonia--I have heard someone else talk about a community boot camp, and you are so lucky. I wish I had something like that around here. Enjoy it, you'll see results I'm sure.

Terri--You have good goals, and sounds like you have the confidence to succeed as well. You can do it!

Well, I had SF orange creme cake for breakfast today...it was OP and a controlled portion, but I know it was not the best breakfast for my body. I did get past an intense craving to just eat donuts though, so I feel I avoided an all out binge by giving myself a little OP treat going to have a huge salad for lunch with grilled chicken strips and crumbled egg whites, get some protein in my system.

This is my last day to meet my webwalking goal, and I need about 3 hours of exercise to do it...and I am determined
Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #89  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Purplefirefly: good luck on your webwalking, that's a lot but you've been working so hard, I'm sure you will do it!

On another note, I wanted some advice from you all: about the exercise challenge (not the team one), the beach hopping one: I don't think I can keep up with the amount of exercise required to earn a badge...should I still sign up every week even though there is a good chance I won't be able to earn one?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #90  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

ok guys i managed to gain a pound this week even though i was OP all week and started to exercise again... the only thing i can think of is that it's muscle building up or something... or water weight