Old 05-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default blue team question ... exercise challenges

Hi

found it - wrote on it - will see you on the beach
Trailgroomer

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-02-2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: found more specific question
Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #32  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

so where are we posting out workouts at? in the badge thread or here?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #33  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Post your exercise total for the week here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141213
Old 05-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #34  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

I have a question...If we only make it to Ocean City this time, next week will we have a chance to make up that distance by banking enough miles to get to the next destination from where we are instead of from NC? I want to make sure that if I only get to NJ this time that I won't be behind for the whole challenge, b/c I usually workout 500+ mins per week, but this included only 3 weekdays, one of which was my birthday. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #35  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Don't Forget!

Tonight at 10 pm EST is your deadline to post your exercise for last week (which ended yesterday! 5/3)

I'll be posting the next beach in a few hours, just have some things to get done first

(All of your exercise for today 5/4 needs to be posted in the new beach destination when its posted. If you post it in the Week One thread, it will not be counted towards your Week One goal.)
Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #36  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

ok i asked this in the new week but thought id ask here since this challenge seems very hard 111 minutes a day , nearly 2 hours .. seems very out of reach for alot of people including myself.. could this week the minutes count as 2 miles? which would work out to 55 minutes a day .. but since most have 1 rest day a week it actually works out to 64 minutes for 6 days?? .. and since i know i cant make 777 and its only going to get harder will my only acheivable badge count at the end if i keep posting my minutes and not earn anymore?

Last edited by amouse; 05-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #37  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Maybe instead of starting in the same location all the time, we could go from beach to beach to beach--so this one would be NC to FL (not many miles off this one, I don't think, but could help in the future)?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #38  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'll add my thoughts here as well. If we're now counting housework, laundry, etc. to my mind it's no longer an exercise challenge. It's become a lifestyle challenge. I say this because I did laundry and housework at my top weight, but didn't use the treadmill or lift weights. I think of the first group of 'exercises' as lifestyle items. Things like chores don't usually raise the heart rate much, and although important to keep moving in general, aren't huge weight loss contributors. If I do 30 mins on the treadmill I burn around 300 cals. 30 mins of laundry - 86, 30 mins of light cleaning - 107, 30 mins of heavy cleaning - 129, 30 mins of cooking - 86. I mean all are better than 30 mins of watching TV - 43.... but only the heavy cleaning comes close in my mind to actual exercise. I guess I really only think of exercise as something that breaks a sweat (and with cleaning only moving furniture seems to do that).

Again, just my opinion. I did add 120 mins of lifestyle items for yesterday, but to me, yesterday was a rest day.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

I will try to make it without adding cleaning and laundry,, cuz that's a part of my work,, work in a laundry 8 hours every week,, then I am cleaning at a hotel for maybe 20 hours every week..
Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #40  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I'm going to be making some changes here in the next hour or so...

Should ease some of the worry about the mins issue.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #41  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hmmmm. My heart rate get's up there when I mop my floors. I even breath heavier. I think it would be unfair to remove house work as counting since it was okay last week. JMO, but I think housework & Yard work should count if your heart rate is up & you are sweating. Maybe it should just be a personal preference if one wants to count it or not.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #42  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Hmmmm. My heart rate get's up there when I mop my floors. I even breath heavier.
But wouldn't you do that type of thing even if you weren't trying to exercise/lose weight? I think that's where my hangup is, so even if I sweat, I won't count it because it's just part of my lifestyle, not intentional exercise.

But I suppose I agree that it's a personal decision. I won't count it for myself because it seems like a stretch since it's a normal part of life, but I won't cry about it if others decide count it, either And maybe I'll even feel better knowing I'm working so hard to make sure all my exercise is intentional
Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #43  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hmmmm. My heart rate get's up there when I mop my floors. I even breath heavier. I think it would be unfair to remove house work as counting since it was okay last week. JMO, but I think housework & Yard work should count if your heart rate is up & you are sweating. Maybe it should just be a personal preference if one wants to count it or not.
Yard work can be heavy work or light work, depending on what you're doing. I tend to count sweaty yard work in my FitDay, but I don't decrease my planned minutes. I've worn my heart rate monitor during my 'leisure swim' and I burn about half of what I would for doing laps. I suppose I'm just reacting to week two being 777 mins, which if I only count the activities I normally wear the heart rate monitor for, I won't make. It feels like less of an accomplishment to add in light chores to me. I didn't count those activities last week, but if the 777 from this week continues to go higher I might as well bow out now.

I suspect the real question is: Would Bob and Jillian consider it exercise.

(On that matter I'm sure even my sweat running into my eyes digging work wouldn't really count!)

Last edited by RealCdn; 05-05-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #44  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Michelle is in the process of changing our destination so I think it'll be ok. We live in a very small place so I don't have to clean it up everyday, unless my animals or guys are being extra messy. I usually only do a deep cleaning twice a week, so it's really not a daily thing for me, which is why I said I think it should be a personal choice, yanno? IMO ANY activity is better than none.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #45  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Michelle is in the process of changing our destination so I think it'll be ok. We live in a very small place so I don't have to clean it up everyday, unless my animals or guys are being extra messy. I usually only do a deep cleaning twice a week, so it's really not a daily thing for me, which is why I said I think it should be a personal choice, yanno? IMO ANY activity is better than none.
You do deep cleaning twice a week?! haha, I think I do it about once a month It's definitely not a daily thing, but it's still just lifestyle stuff I would have to do regardless.

I feel like such a slob when I talk to people who clean often. I usually don't worry about it unless we're having guests. How awful is that?! I remember talking to a friend at my last job who was pregnant, and she was complaining that the floors on got vacuumed once a week because she was so tired from the pregnancy. I didn't tell her that we only vacuum once every other week, IF that

Wow, Jill, digress much?