Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #61  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxulcmnky View Post
good morning everyone!

can someone tell me if i am on black again? the listing seems to be a photobucket image.... and i can't see those at work
Yes maam. You are on the list! Welcome back! I'm new to the challenge but was excited to see my name here too!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #62  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

YAY! thanks!

i'm glad to be back on the Black Team... you guys rock! looking forward to this challenge. my goal is to lose 15lbs
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

My goal for this challenge is to stay OP every single day 'til the end. This is a huge challenge for me because consistency is my biggest problem. I got through yesterday but it was really tough. I am a HUGE sugar addict and am detoxing again after letting it slip into my house again...why I even start that to begin with is my issue with consistency. So, I was grumpy, irritable and had a headache all yesterday and today I still feel a bit grumpy because it's rainy out. I am determined to meet this goal I just feel I can, and will do it.

So I thought I'd throw out a question for everyone today: What is your goal for this challenge, and one step further, what have you committed to in order to achieve that goal? If we share what our biggest obstacle might be as well we can help each other through in the long run.

My biggest obstacle is going to be SUGAR
Old 04-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #64  
Sally

my biggest obstacle is staying OP.... once i get back into exercising (i've been sick with an upper respiratory infection, so the gym was out for awhile) i'll be straight with that aspect...

i am going to try to do at least 1 cycling class a week... i haven't tried one yet, but i'm going to try to make it to one on wednesday (next day i have time to go to the gym)
Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

My goal is to reach my goalweight 132.. I can do that by doing exercises -4-5 every week and try not to eat chocolate and cookies..
My biggest obstacle I think is eating cookies when I work late..(I get them for free at work...) I have to stop that right now..
Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Free cookies would be a big temptation for me as well! Is there a way to keep them out of your sight at least, so you can hopefully not think about them? Maybe pack some healthy snacks and eat those instead?

Sxul--hope you feel better soon, and hope you like the cycling class.

I have to run to the store now because I am out of a lot of my healthy stuff, including salad stuff I hate running around in the rain, but it can't be helped.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Lets Go BLACK TEAM

I am also excited to be back on the black team, I will try much harder this time around to lose the weight and keep it off....I was doing PWL on my own after center closed but even though it is a great plan I need the accountability of weighing in every week in front of someone. So I am going to join Weight Watchers Tuesday night that is when our meetings are in town. My goal is to hopefully lose at minimum 1 pound a week but I want to really shoot for 1.5-2 pounds per week. I will take whatever I can get especially with summer coming up it does make it a little harder for me because we rarely stay home when it is nice out, we go camping, my son races cars, and I like to get my motorcycle out whenever I have the chance
Well again lets win this thing and even if we don't just think of the weight that we can lose...
HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES AND GENTS!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #68  
Sally

Purple- Thanks i'm feeling much better... i know the cycling class is going to be hard at first, but i want to do it... so i will

theresia - cookies are hard for me to resist... you could always just add one into you diet (if you count calories or points... i know i can do it with counting calories)

also... i'm tracking my protein this challenge... i'm hoping to gain lean muscle and get rid of some of this body fat

Last edited by sxulcmnky; 04-28-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning fabulous Black Team -

Did you start your day doing something positive for yourself and the team?

Thank you all for the birthday wishes Very much appreciated

Theresia - you need to check out sxulcmnky's avatar for your new mantra.

Purplefirefly - I hear you on the consistency and the sugar issues. I have a big problem with soda and wind up drinking a whole bunch mindlessly. I am going back to tea again. I don't have a problem drinking water, but I never seem to drink as much as I should when it’s cooler out so I’ll supplement with green tea.

Thanks for the kale chip recipe Soulbliss. I love to cook – always looking to try new things so speaking for myself, I’d love to see other people’s ideas.

Bette – I see that one of your cats has no tail, claws or teeth. Is he one of the mousers? Poor guy –must have used up a couple of his 9 lives. Good for you for staying off the pop. Where was the archaeology dig?

Goth Bunny – you just keep singing and being inappropriate girl! Lots of crabby people will live vicariously through you

Terrie – your fear about turning into your mother – it does sneak up on you and happen anyway like it or not

Will get to other personals later. At first when the teams are so big and we’re getting to know each other, it’s hard to respond to everyone. So if I didn’t catch you this time, I’ll catch you later

To reply to Purple’s question about goals … my intention is to stick to the challenge ALL THE WAY THROUGH and to lose at least 15 pounds. I’m going to do this by setting up regular habits like logging my WW points, planning my meals and committing to exercise. I joined a walking program on Saturday that technically ends in 8 weeks but I can stretch it through the 15 week challenge.

My question to the group – I’m sure we’ll set up some sort of exercise challenge but is anyone interested in doing some sort of a food challenge? I’m not sure of what exactly myself but since food goes hand in hand with weight loss
Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #70  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

My goal is to stay on plan every day and keep my level of exercise up. The on plan for eating I think I have a handle on. I count calories, so technically nothing is off plan as long as I'm within the calorie level I'm eating at. My last out of calorie day was back in January. I think the last thing that I kind of 'worked in' were some ice cream bars back in March. I did manage to make four of them go almost three weeks, which I thought was good. It used to be that they wouldn't even make it home from the grocery store.

Right now the exercising is going well. I do 90 mins on the treadmill five days a week, and I do a strength training program three times a week as well. (from The New Lifting Rules for Women) I've started substituting a little swimming for the treadmill, although it's hard to keep the intensity level up in the pool. I bought a heart rate monitor a couple of weeks ago to keep myself in line as the summer progresses. I can see as I start to work outside in the garden a little that it's going to be harder to work in the planned exercise. This week was the first time I ended up doing 30-mins of Friday's exercise on Saturday. So we'll see how that goes later on.

Well, I'm off to check on my laundry so I can start my morning time on the treadmill soon. Hope everyone is having a good, on plan, day. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #71  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
My question to the group – I’m sure we’ll set up some sort of exercise challenge but is anyone interested in doing some sort of a food challenge? I’m not sure of what exactly myself but since food goes hand in hand with weight loss
I need to find the source of this quote, but I've seen it around:

"You can't out train a bad diet."

(I'm also probably remembering it incorrectly, but the basics are that no amount of time in the gym will make up for eating badly.)
Old 04-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #72  
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post

Theresia - you need to check out sxulcmnky's avatar for your new mantra.
i saw that and was like "omg that's so true" but yet i still have like a peanut butter cookie every once in awhile if my mom has them at her house (i keep those out of my house because i KNOW i will eat them)

Quote:
i'd be game with a food challenge... like staying OP for so many days... i'm going to try to stay OP for 21 days... since it takes 21 days to get into a routine... since i've been straying from it recently. my OP just means sticking to 1600 calories/day... i also need to find a way to get some more protein into my diet... any suggestions?

ps: i found a great new snack food that feels guilty but isn't.. the ENTIRE bag only has 520 calories in it... i mean.. that's NOTHING compared to a bag of cool ranch doritos... which i LOVE...

Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #73  
Sally

RealCdn- wow that's awesome that you have been able to stay on plan since January... i was off plan just about every day last week.... seriously... i think being sick had something to do with it (being home a couple of days means having access to more food during the day than when at work) i also count calories... it's the only thing that has worked because it allows me to fit in treats for myself... for instance... i can have a bag of cool ranch doritos (the 99cent kind) like once a month and not feel bad about it.... but that's about it... also, i have found that fudge bars (the smaller ones, not that wide ones) only have 40 calories... 40 cals, 1g fat, 2g protein... crazy but i can fit those in everyday.. oh and jello now has a rice pudding that i'm addicted to... 70 cals, 2g fat, 2g protein)
Old 04-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #74  
Mikey's girl

Caitbeans---I have 3 more semesters as well,Not counting summers though... soooo December of 2009!! I cannot wait!! this is one the most difficult things I have ever done!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #75  
Determined to succeed!

S/C/G: 204.4/181/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi Everybody!

I just got in from work to check to see which team I am on and was glad to find out I am on the black list. That sounds funny... we've all been black listed!!

I work at night, 7 nights on and 7 nights off. The first and last shifts are from 7p-7a but the others are 11p-7a. I am a nurse and work in an Intensive Care Nursery (NICU). I don't get as much time to get online during my working days but will be able to hang out more during my "off" week which begins this Wednesday.

I simply wanted to shout out a big "HELLO" to every one and say I'm really glad to be on this team! I joined Weight Watchers Online about a month ago and have lost 6 pounds of which I am very grateful. I really believe that writing down everything I eat makes me be more accountable... If I know I have to write it down this often stops me from eating something. Very interesting mind game there. Another thing I have found that helps is to plan my meals for the entire day as I begin my day... that has really helped a lot.

I will answer the fun "get to know you" questions as well as my goals for this challenge, etc. in a couple of days because I have to get some sleep now.

Hoping everyone has a great day! We will be the winners in the end!! I have a feeling about it... Success will be ours!!!!!