Old 04-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #31  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 254/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie here!

1. What would you like us to call you? RLB will work best, I believe.

2. What eating plan are you using? calorie counting

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? taebo and walking

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? using proper portions and emotional eating

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? I'm a great excerciser once I get going.

6. What is your short term goal? Short term is 20 pounds

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? a professional massage

8. Best weight loss tip? Be consistent

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm a 35-year-old single mother of two sons aged 16 and 11. I'm a project manager for a communications company that I've been with for 13 years. I LOVE traveling. I also love Disney! I enjoy movies and music, as well. I've been overweight most of my life, and just about all of my adult life. I've lost and gained before, so I'm hoping this is the final time I have to go through the process of losing. I've been divorced for almost 14 years, and in and out of relationships during that time. None of which have been serious. I'm hoping that losing some weight will make me feel better about myself so that I will attract more positive people in my life, and be more outgoing. I'm a little timid, but I'm very excited to get to know you all, and to watch the numbers fall with you!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #32  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Diva, good to have you on our team!

Tina, you'll be our resident 'Hot Stuff'!!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #33  
Danielle-Red Team Member

It's wonderful to meet our new ladies, looking forward to getting to know you and kickin some tushy on this challenge!!!

Mandey & Kerry, I have an Alex too!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

1. What would you like us to call you? Monte Cristo, Monte, or Antonia, whichever is easiest

2. What eating plan are you using? Low-carb

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? At home

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Eating healthy, I hate vegetables and water

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Once I decide to do a thing, I'm so stubborn that I usually stick with it.

6. What is your short term goal? I've been working toward losing 35lbs by June 1st. (only five more pounds to go!).

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I've always wanted a fedora like Humphrey Bogart wore, and as soon as I reach that 35lb mark, I'm going to get myself one.

8. Best weight loss tip? Don't carry bills smaller than fives, and remember that just because its on your plate doesn't mean you have to eat it.

9. Bob or Jillian? I don't have TV, so I've never watched the show, and therefore don't have a preference.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm an accountant, and big sister to eight. I live with my parents and help take care of all the little squirts. I like to rollerskate, bicycle, and swim. I also crochet, and have made lots of afghans and dollies. I love to read and watch movies, and am trying to find ways to use that to motivate my exercising (audiobooks are the best!).
Old 04-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #35  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

I'm happy to be on this team again!

1. What would you like us to call you? Cathy

2. What eating plan are you using? hmm, I guess I'll still follow the WW flex and incorporate Bob's way.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? walking and strength train

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? trying to get that darn metal monster to move

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? journaling and getting in my water

6. What is your short term goal? this challenge I'm uping my game to a 2 lb loss a week, so 30 lbs for the 15wks.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? new clothes or a small tattoo

8. Best weight loss tip? journal, journal, journal, and water, water, water.

9. Bob or Jillian? Both

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm married 16yrs, have 2 boys ages 9 & 12. I subcontract for my dh's building business so I work part time. I love to read, cross stitch, and now that it's nice out, being outside doing yard and garden work.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #36  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Thanks Danielle!

to the RED team newbies! I hope you all suceed in everything you want to do this challenge. Especially Tara! I'd love yo see you lose this on your own because surgery...well, it sucks, lol!

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #37  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Kerry....I started watching Paul McKenna's show on TLC or whichever channel it was on. I really liked the first episode I watched where he talked about the 4 rules and mindful eating. I think it made a TON of sense. But, then my dh got sick and I wasnt ever home to watch the rest of the episodes! I am going to continue to try incorporating the 4 rules though.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #38  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Danielle.... I never realised just how many "Alex's" there were out there until after his name was on his birth certificate. This said, he's actually called "Agga" ... lol. That's what he calls himself anyway and it's now at the stage where he won't answer to anything else, so EVERYONE calls him Agga.... or..... Aggapuff....

Poor kid. He's going to be 18 years old and heading off to College with "Aggapuff" embroidered on his backpack

Good to be here!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months

GO RED!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #39  
Melissa

OOOHH I'm so excited seeing so many accountants, accounting students...almost CPAs!! Go bean counters! LOL!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #40  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

Melissa, I actually haven't watched the show at all. I bought the book with the hypnosis CD. I'm still working my way through the book and plan to listen to the CD every day.

(If anyone else is interested in the book do NOT buy it in the US. Amazon.com is selling the book for $58 or something ridiculous. If you go to Amazon.co.uk, you can get the book on sale for five pounds something, which works out to $12 and it's another $12 for shipping.... so half price what you pay if you buy the Book/CD over here )

Anyway........ I'll let you know how it works out! Failing at logging is always the beginning of a fall for me. I fall off the wagon because I'm not logging and before I know it I've been stagnating for MONTHS. I'm hoping that this new way of thinking will help me stay on track ALL the time, because honestly.... I suck at logging....
Old 04-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #41  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

Cathy.... I sooooo want to get myself a tattoo when I get to goal. My husband is dead set against it. He hates them..... *sigh*....

I just want one.... lol.

He's said that I can do whatever I want as it's my body, but he doesn't like them. Bleh. I think I'm going to work on changing his mind and designing something really cool so he approves

What do you want to get????
Old 04-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #42  
Melissa

I have a tattoo!!! I have a little bee on my ankle, I have said for awhile I want another one just dunno where yet!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #43  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Oh Mandey is a BL virgin! LOL!! Girl, we'll have to convert you to a follower!
LOL yep...that's me....BRING IT ON!!! ROFL
Old 04-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #44  
Melissa

I put that my short term goal was 10 lbs but I forgot that I've decided not to focus on lbs for my goals! I'm going to do days on plan instead! One of our returning red teammates has over 100 days on plan, and someone has over a year! So I'm setting my first short term goal as 10 days on plan. Anyone else wanna join in with that?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #45  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

Melissa, that's a really good idea.

I'm doing Paul McKenna..... or at least I'm going to try that and see if it works, and if not, I'll switch back to Calorie King.... but in the meantime, Days on Plan for me would constitute : Exercising and doing my Hypnosis CD. Would that work?