Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #76  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Melissa - That was 15 minutes each way, so that makes 30 minutes, which puts me ahead
Ok I did 45 minutes, so I really beat ya!! Ever try to text message and hula...its hard! LOL! Plus just for good measure I'm doing 5 more before I head to bed....an attempt to work out a cramp!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #77  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

*drags herself across the chat floor*

Can someone dump the in my mouth if I can find the energy to open it?

No + Michelle = Very Michelle

I feel like I've been in a fog this past week with all this stinking rain.... Thank god it'll be 80 this weekend!

This morning I'm contemplating joining Gold's Gym... I had a Bally's membership but I never used it. I keep hearing all these great things about personal trainers from some of you and I'm wanting one. I'm trying to remember if they have like a month to month thing or if you have to signup for a full year or 3 years. My Bally's contract was 3 years.... I think I maybe went for 2 months. The other thing would be... where in my schedule would I be able to fit that in?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #78  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Well today is proving to be a little less stressful for me. We treated Mattie's hair last night, and this morning I combed through it and didn't see anything moving. Once her hair dries I'm going to go through it better. It's kinda hard to see when it's wet. So today is day 10 OP for me Tonight is my OA meeting, and I'm looking forward to it. We had a new lady come last week, and she was a real sweatheart. Also it will give me an excuse to drive my new truck It's gloomy here today, again! I'm ready for the warm sunny weather to stay. Watched TBL last night and did some ab and lower body work during it. I never did make the gym or workout at home after the clean up with Madison though...I was pooped! I can't just sit and watch TBL though...I feel too guilty. I have to do something. My husband was in awe of the transformations. He doesn't watch it, so he was in total shock. That's about all for me today though. Hope you all have a fantastic day~

Chellez- I'm with ya on the weather. At least you have 80 degrees to look forward to this weekend...I have rainy and 40's

Melissa- My son was asking me about texting last night. I was like I have no clue Joey I've never texted before in my life. You would of thought I had 3 heads the way he looked at me...like OMG mom your such a nerd!LOL!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #79  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Oye! Man I tell ya its amazing how lax your body gets after 10+ days without exercising..my abs are feeling that hula from yesterday! Dont get me wrong I needed that but sheesh! LOL!

Tina...my dd is the texting queen I think. My goodness! I've taken it up bigtime lately because when i'm sitting in the hospital I want it quiet but then friends want updates. I wonder how many calories texting burns? LOL!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #80  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for the advice on my plan. I think I'm just going to try and be patient. And since patience is a virtue, that way even if I'm not losing weight I'm building virtue, right? I need more virtue if I'm going to hang out in this thread.

I loved BL last night. I ended the evening completely inspired, so I got up at 5am, and hit the gym by 6a. I'd already packed my meals, and my gym bag. I thought the gym would be horribly crowded at 6am, but it was empty til almost 6:30. I challenged myself this morning and ran at 5mph. My highest run before now was 4.3. I could only manage a minute at that speed, but I could do it! I noticed something, I want to run more that walk now. I'm up to 6 minutes of running before I have to slow down. I'm holding out hope that eventually I will be a runner.

Anna - I forgot to tell you in the other thread that you and your DD are in my prayers.

Last edited by dixied; 04-09-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added note to Anna
Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #81  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning-I just wish they would show the next episode already. I'm so addicted to TBL. I totally think Kelly should make it.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #82  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. I am joining the Summer Challenge and wanted to take this opportunity to say hey to everyone. I am so not good with personals but will attempt so if I miss someone I apologize in advance.

Chelle - I also work with the boss' wife. Talk about a fun day. Like your boss and his wife - the one I work with is also a financial thing. They both give me the heebie-jeebies. Yuck!!!!

Kelly - I am so proud of you and your WL. Could be because we are both on LAWL but I don't think so. You are doing so awesome. You inspire me. (PS My money's on you for hula hoop champion of the boards!!)

tkglenn - I watched TBL last night. I really don't want Mark to win. Roger would be OK but really want Ali to win. She has done so well. Kelly just irritates me. But then again Mark does too. They both seem to be crying all the time.

Mel - I never thought of hula hooping for exercise. The grandkids have them at our house and they have such a ball with them. I think I'll run to Wally World on my lunch hour and get me one. I could do it in the basement until the weather gets nicer. Great idea. I do not have a clue how to text. My children and grandchildren keep telling me I need to get it and learn how to use it. I'm not so sure. Guess it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Tina - Where in Illinois are you? I'm in the Peoria area. Just being nosey. Hope the weather wherever you are is better than it is here. Today and tomorrow they are predicting 2 - 4 inches of rain and then snow showers this weekend. Should we check the calendar to be sure it's spring?

Dixie - I've been plateaued for the longest time. I'm going to try to step up by exercise routines and hope that helps. Good luck getting the scales to move.

Well, I'm getting funny looks from you know who (I'm at work). Better get busy or at least look like I am. I'll be back later.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #83  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Laurie- I'm south in a town called Bourbonnais. It's near Kankakee...don't know if your familiar with that area or not, but our weather is about the same as yours...I guess the saying April showers brings May flowers is holding true this year It could at least warm up a bit though for me What is Peroia around...my husband works in Bolingbrook...anywhere near that?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Ok I did 45 minutes, so I really beat ya!! Ever try to text message and hula...its hard! LOL! Plus just for good measure I'm doing 5 more before I head to bed....an attempt to work out a cramp!
What kind of hoop do you use and where did you get it? I think that sounds like fun.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #85  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

good morning everyone! WOW what a show last night! the girls are amazing! i sure hope one of them wins, i dont really care which one just one of the girls!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #86  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Tina - Peoria is in the middle of the state. Around 3 hours from Chicago and 3 hours from St. Louis. And yes, I could use some warmth but if all this rain and stuff helps with the flowers, I guess I won't complain too loudly!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #87  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Oye! Man I tell ya its amazing how lax your body gets after 10+ days without exercising..my abs are feeling that hula from yesterday! Dont get me wrong I needed that but sheesh! LOL!
This is what you get for trying to keep up with ME
Old 04-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #88  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
What kind of hoop do you use and where did you get it? I think that sounds like fun.
This is where I got mine from .. of course, now they have a kit so you can take it apart and take it with you when you travel, but mine came fully together (I am thinking about getting one for travel), and I even left the covering on it to keep it clean.

I have the 5 lb hoop, my mother has a 3 lb hoop. For your size, I would say a 3 , but definitely not bigger than a 4 lb hoop.

You also want the one that is wavy on the inside ... don't remember why though

Here is the address: http://www.sports-hoop.com/

I love it, and if you have the space, it is great to do while watching TV. I have a friend that watches about 2 hours of TV a night and grabs it and does it during all the commercials. I try and get in at least 15 to 30 minutes 5-6 times a week. It has helped my waist measurements when I do it like I am supposed to.

Last edited by krjpy; 04-09-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #89  

Good Morning Everyone...

Happy Wednesday -
RealCdn, Hun.e.B., kdk571, Andi18, Tina30, dixiedieter, tkglenn, chiqita623, missingmyerica, BlzMaxGNrCCJkMly

Hmmmm, 9:30 a.m. my time and no Diva....that's ok, Happy Wednesday to Diva also.

bethbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post

Vanetta - do you find it to be more work to count calories instead of points?
Right now I suppose counting calories is more work than doing the points, but getting the hang of points took some time also. We are using the "CalorieKing" software, and I think that helps. What I really need to put some work into is getting my %'s in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
.... Ezekiel cinnamon raison bread...etc, etc, etc.
How is that Ezekiel bread? I would really like to try it, but it's taken me a year to get past my Wonder White Bread upbringing. I can now eat Kirkland 14 grain bread without gagging.

MSTeacher - Congrats on being our Biggest loser.

krjpy - thanks....now I have M.C. Hammer running on a loop in my head.

zinkemomx2 - Whatever it takes...is your friend ready to eat some dust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
This morning I'm contemplating joining Gold's Gym...
Trust me, once you get addicted to going to the gym, you will make the time.
I love belonging to a gym. I belong to 24 hour Fitness...it works out great for me because we travel a good deal and I can pop into any of them across the U.S.

OK Ladies, I need more info on the Hula Hoop (great, there goes that song...mixed with M.C.Hammer....quick, where's my iPod!!)....how well does it work the abdominals? obliques? and I'm sure it burns a ton of calories.

Now, I've been sitting at work for 3 hours and not done a dang thing...best start earing the $0.05....LATER !
Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #90  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
OK Ladies, I need more info on the Hula Hoop (great, there goes that song...mixed with M.C.Hammer....quick, where's my iPod!!)....how well does it work the abdominals? obliques? and I'm sure it burns a ton of calories.
There is actually a site www.hooping.org. Check it out. I don't do anything fancy.

I did find this on line though:

Hula Hoop is one of the few fitness classes that primarily targets your middle. With circular trunk movements, it directly works abdominal muscles, hips and waistlines. As a result, class participants gain both a cardio and strength workout. In fact, one minute of Hula Hooping burns as many calories as running an eight-minute mile or high impact aerobic class, according to the Cooper Institute, a health-based, nonprofit research and education center. In addition, Hula Hooping promotes correct body alignment from the circular motions and proper posture in the upper body routines.

MayoClinic.com even said in a Q/A that they were good, not a gimmick

Last edited by krjpy; 04-09-2008 at 12:50 PM.