Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Welcome to all the newbies

Rhonda--I have a goal to be in Onderland by July 4th as well...we are always so similar, you're starting to creep me out I started with Jillian's calorie thing again and the scale jumped down 2 lbs. this morning. Just reminds me how much I truly believe in her!

Diva--I will be working out during the show with ya! Can't beat a good 2 hours of sweat.

I haven't eaten anything today and it's after 1 here, so I better get that taken care of now. Kids are on spring break and we are all running around in jammies, playing board games today, but we need to get cleaned up and dressed. The grass needs mowed and Tyler has a Tball game this evening. I have not even exercised yet, but it has been nice to just laugh and enjoy the kids today.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #47  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I haven't eaten anything today and it's after 1 here, so I better get that taken care of now. Kids are on spring break and we are all running around in jammies, playing board games today, but we need to get cleaned up and dressed. The grass needs mowed and Tyler has a Tball game this evening. I have not even exercised yet, but it has been nice to just laugh and enjoy the kids today.
I did the same thing Sunday... just hung out at the house and lounged without eating. Then we went to Olive Garden and I ate everything.

I wish I could be in my jammies but i think work would have a problem with that.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #48  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Okay I'm ready to pull the hair right out of my head. Mattie has lice for the second time this year. I called the school to see if there have been any cases, and they were like "none that have been reported!" Well I'm reporting one to ya, and I'm ticked off. The nurse was in Mattie's class yesterday checking for head lice and gave Mattie an okay...well clearly she needs to check her glasses because I can see the little nits all over Mattie's head! I know she is getting this from school! I was bawling this morning...this is going to be a long process yet again of getting rid of these things! Mattie's hair is super thick and pretty long. I just had it cut thank God to about her shoulders, but still that is A LOT of hair to go through. I'm not jacking around with over the counter stuff though...I had a refill on Orvide from the last time, and that seemed to really work. I feel itchy all over now, and can't wait for Kev to get home and check my head! Mattie and I use the same hair brush...UGHHHH! This is just the last thing I really want to deal with right now. I'm trying to keep things in check though. I told myself this is not the end of the world, that there are kids who have serious illnesses. I'm more frustrated at the school though then anything. So the idea of me relaxing and reading today...well scratch that!!! I'll be spending the afternoon picking through Mattie's hair with a nit comb...although I always just end up using my nails...those combs don't work worth a poop if ya ask me! Anyway I just needed to vent this out before I start on her hair...I don't want to get so frustrated that I start yanking her hair out I feel so bad for my little girl. She was like "Oh mommy I don't want mice in my hair again!"LOL That is what she calls them, mice Anyway rant over~
Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I wish I could be in my jammies but i think work would have a problem with that.
That would just give the boss's wife another reason to call you sick and ban you from the office

OKay I wanted a new look on here, and now an hour later need to go EAT!

Tina, I do not blame you for the frustration. My kids have not gone through "mice" yet, but it is one of my worst fears ever. My head is itching now just reading your post.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 04-08-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #50  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
That would just give the boss's wife another reason to call you sick and ban you from the office
I wasn't talking about naughty jammies....

Not to mention my boss is hideous!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #51  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Tina30- I can relate with the head mice =) my daughter had them recently and she is 15!!!! I finally discovered something that works!! Besides treating her I started having her mix in a tsp of tea tree oil with her shampoo in the shower. Tea tree oil kills them on its own...but for an initial treatment you have to mix it stronger more like a tablespoon or more.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #52  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Ready to compete!!!

TBL Newbie here... fired up and can't wait for this thing to start!!! Glad to see there's some healthy competition already existing. Looking forward to finding out which team I land on and to changing my signature and promoting that winning team . Bring on April 27th!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #53  

Another newbie here too =)
This is totally perfect timing AND theme for me, as my marriage and hawaiian honeymoon land smack dab in the last week of TBL =)

I think this will be a good motivator and way to mix up the exercise/diet routine ^^
Old 04-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

I see 3 pages of good fun already! wow!

Welcome all! This should be loads of fun! I see that Red team is already placing their bets on the table...... just you wait and see..... just you wait and see! (it sounds more dramatic to say it twice!)

I have adopted a whole new way of eating over this past week. I'm ready to kick some major hiney on this challenge!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #55  

Oh My Gosh....53 posts to catch up on already......I'll be back....
Old 04-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #56  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I can't wait to re-start and show myself I can do this way better this time around!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I wasn't talking about naughty jammies....

Not to mention my boss is hideous!
ya, but I'm sure she thinks he's hot, right? Or, she's just in it for the money that's the situation with hubby's boss...totally disgusting, and everyone knows him and his wife both sleep around, they have a pure financial arrangement.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #58  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
What else can I give up/add? I thought my plateau was caused by too few calories, but since I added more in, I've actually gained about 3 pounds. I know not to go lower than 1200, so is it my macros? My dairy?
I went looking for a great article I found (and didn't bookmark) about low calorie diets and weight loss. The gist of it was that if you've been eating too low for your body, even readjusting to a proper amount could cause you to gain a little in the beginning. I've been where you were (working hard, eating little, as well as sleeping) and going nowhere. I didn't find a way out of it, I ended up in the hospital. Not specifically because of the diet, but from what was probably a minor infection that migrated and took hold aggressively. It's taken me two years to get serious about losing weight again (and sadly I've still got about 35 pounds to go before I'm at that previous lowest weight again).

This time I'm doing it eating way more food (ie. 2200 & 2600 depending on the day). I'm not sure how much you were eating before the plateau, but you might consider sticking the higher calories out for a little while. It might cause a slight gain, but once your body is used to it I suspect you'll start losing again. If course, that's just an opinion, from someone who is never quite sure she's eating at the proper levels.

Last edited by RealCdn; 04-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #59  

Here is my first attempt at doing personals. I just know I missed someone:

And about the Hula Hoop stuff....everytime I read about it, the song goes off in my head....What song you say? The name of the song is "Hula Hoop" and it's by a group called Billy Pilgram out of Atlanta. It's a catchy tune, but now it's stuck in my head.

Diva - Thanks for setting this up. I'm with ya! 20 push ups? Back in the day, I could do 20 push ups. I'm headed to the gym after work but hope to be home before Biggest Loser, so I'll just be kicking back waiting for Kelly to cry.

Chellez, Hun.E - I think I am a bit afraid now.

Tina - congrat for the 9 days OP...Yuck on the lice thing, isn't it a shame that kids even have to be checked? But if they have to be checked, one would hope that they would be noted if they were there. Hang in there.

ksk571 - Have fun visiting your friends, and don't sweat the excercise routine. As long as you are moving you ahead of the game and you will get back into the swing of things.

GirlyGirlSebas - 8 day OP, way to go....and a new puppy, congrats.

DMPLS
- WELCOME, what part of KY? I grew up in N. KY. and miss it quite alot nowadays.

krjpy - that Zsadist guy kind of looks like ARod.

Idealmuse - Isn't that they way it goes? Congrats on the extra lb, even a day late.

dixiedieter - I feel your pain. I hit a plateau some time in December and finally bust through this week with a 5.6 lb loss ! ! ! I'm not sure what did it for me...we were in Reno week before last and although I didn't go totally off the rails, I wasn't exactly OP either. We also switched from WW Points to counting calories. I know it has only been a one week loss, but I'll take it....hopefully this is the push needed to reaching my goal.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly - Can I call you BlzMax for short?

chellez - one of the perks of being able to work from home is you can work in your jammies...but then one of the problems is that you can work from home and they have no problem calling 24/7....

tkglenn, RealCdn, DMPLS, BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly, BrokenButterfly, Nixmom, and Jennt

AND a BIG HELLO to:
sxulcmnky, Purplefirefly, LondonJulz, and cakses

Whew...sounds like a fiesty group, I'm going to the gym just to muscle up so I can hang with you all.
I'm happy to have the 3 week "intermission"....We are changing up our routine and hopefully it will be what I need to reach goal. I have 26 weeks until my 15 day "Circle Hawaii" cruise. I think I can be down another 30 lbs by then...I just need to focus, and this challenge will help.

OK ladies, have a nice evening....
Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #60  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow, definitely a fast moving thread!

Rhonda -
I'm a daily weigher as well. I'm just more interested in the variances though. Although I do have an official day (Sunday) I really like comparing the month to month for overall progress. We had a yellow lab many years ago, very beautiful animals. She was a runt of a puppy, but grew up to be very large for a lab (and she was a purebred, but when we finally saw the father we understood).

Bernice - fancy meeting you here...

Diva - I usually workout mornings and/or afternoons. By the evening I'm ready to relax. I have to admit that I tend to record the show and sometimes fast forward through some of the drama. If nothing else, I can skip through the commercials.

tkglenn -
I spent 4 or 5 days in Hawaii many years ago (passing through to Fiji, NZ, and Australia). I wish we'd had more time. Funny, but I spent about a week in Houston last winter (around New Years) waiting for a ship to show up (very long story). Although I admit we spent more time driving out to Galveston and other coastal communities.

Tina - I'm just itching thinking about you.... good luck.

Dixie - I was going to add to the other post, but I think your macros are good. I'm doing 30P/30F/40C (although paying the most attention to the protein number for a strength building routine I started a few weeks back).

I think that's probably me for the moment. I should go and attend to getting dinner on.

Later all.