Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #16  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Everyone!

Ack! Where's my 40 + pages! I saw that we got a new thread last night. Shame on me for not knowing the maximum thread count.

I was plum out lazy yesterday. Like really bad. The phone rung maybe once in the morning and the rest of the day I was nose to book I'm dying to get this series done so I can work on my book until the next part comes out in June. I've been stalking the authors messageboard here lately too. Oh its so fun to bond with a bunch of crazy women that love a sexy blood sucker!

This morning I'm really just entering in bills and getting the weekly deposit ready... then its back to

Challenge stuff will probably get worked out this weekend since I have to confer with the other 2 leaders to see if they have any huge vacations in the upcoming months. I should have some more info probably Monday.

Well I gotta... well don't gotta but I'm going to cause I'm antsy to get reading again!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning and TGIF!

Today is on-plan day 5. So far, so good. Weekends are my rough time, so I’ve decided to plan ahead to eat all of my meals at home and carry a healthy on-plan snack with me if we go anywhere. Eating out is the major deal breaker for me and my plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
It was where they have you hold the wand…it was at the witch doctor.
Are you sure you weren’t actually having a Harry Potter dream?

Karen – I haven’t been on a bike in years. Maybe I’ll make that a summer goal, too.

Nori – How are you feeling today? Sore from your session with Josh?

Fran – No. I’m not gonna be a grown-up about it. You have to be on the Blue team again or I’m just gonna have me a temper tantrum!

Vixjean – Thanks for sharing the Hawaiian chair clip. That was hilarious! Can you believe that people are actually buying those things? Is this like the biggest practical joke every played on the public? Amazing.

Selina – You are such a special lady. It is very understandable to be depressed over the situation with Gerber. I think it’s a great idea to put away the baby things and concentrate on your two little ones. They grow up so fast. Enjoy every single minute. One day, they’ll be hormonal tweens who think Mom is totally un-cool and they’ll want to hang out with their friends instead. Seriously, I’m wishing the best for you.

My daily morning weigh-in was a pretty good one today. The pounds are down. However, my scale also shows a body fat percentage that I usually just ignore. That number has been 50 for as long as I’ve had the scale….about a year. For some reason, that number just kinda jumped out at me this morning…..50% of my body is fat! This can’t be healthy. I wonder how much of that fat is surrounding my organs….my heart. Also, my bone density test that I had taken in October showed the earliest stages of bone degeneration. I keep forgetting to take my calcium and, knowing that strength training and low impact exercise can reverse this condition, I have refused to make exercise a part of my daily life. Sometimes, the scales become too much of a priority with me and I forget that this journey is about becoming healthy, too. Today, I’ve decided to schedule 60 minutes of walking on the treadmill and I’ll begin using the resistance bands. I’m really going to try to start making that BF percentage drop. Hopefully, the great side benefit will be a loss in some major inches!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-21-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #18  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

*gasp* I actually did some work this morning!

I just got done updating accounts receivable and bills....

Then I blogged like I promised

So much for that working stuff right? Nose to book time!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #19  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Are you sure you weren’t actually having a Harry Potter dream?
You know that my deepest hope is that Harry Potter is all true. My HP dreams usually involve Sirius Black (not the movie SB, the one I imagined as I was reading....yum).

Ladies, the scale is my friend this morning. Last night when I walked, my waist felt different. I could not tell if it felt more defined, or squishier, but there was a difference. I saw a number today that I have not seen in a while. I think it is a combination of things.

I did not put back the strep weight loss (which was a nice incentive), and even had a little more.

I did have been near-perfect on the exercise. DH pointed out that I was doing that when the scale was not moving, but it certainly does not hurt.

Maybe the witch doctor stuff IS working. I was starting to lose faith, quite honestly.

I am not tracking my calories. I am just watching my choices very carefully and my portions. I have not done cal-count in two weeks.

I am using some of the tools from The Writing Diet. I am asking the four questions:
Am I hungry?
Is this what I want to eat?
Is this want I want to eat now?
Is there something I could eat instead?
For me, the first question usually stops me. So why am I eating? Usually boredom. If it is boredom, then I clean something or do something with the kids or jot something in my journal. If it is anxiety (fear, anger, frustration), then I address it. I write what the problem is and how to solve it. Or I am honest with my kids about how I allow their behavior to effect me.

This is part of a larger change that I am working on, which I really am enjoying.

The house looks better, my relationship with my family is better and my butt is better.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #20  
Accepting who she is

Also, I want to point out...

Remember when the thread started and we were all, "Boohoo! There are too many people. I can't read everything. I will never catch up."
Old 03-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Today is day one back completely on plan for me, and I feel really good about it. I haven't been real bad, just not watching things like I need to if I want to lose. I had to take my son to preschool egg hunt and party, and he came home with a huge bag of candy, lots of colored eggs, a glazed donut that they made a nest out of and put the colored jelly beans in for the blood, etc. He decided he didn't want the donut and I wanted it SO bad...well, I did because it was there and an old fav, but at the same time didn't want it, if that makes sense. It's sitting in the microwave for my daughter when she comes home. I think I can leave it alone for a couple more hours before I go get her. The sugar addiction is just so hard for me.

Selina Your depression is understandable, but I do think putting the baby stuff away is a good idea. Focus on the ones you have, but you don't have to forget about Gerber either. Keep him in your heart and prayers and you never know, he may be meant to be with you and come back your way. I always try to focus on things I can control...and right now his placement is not under your control, but the babies already in your home are!

Rhonda--NIce to hear you back on track. You are inspiring me now that I can do it, too.

tee--sounds like that writing plan is working for you. I tried something similar, but would write it down then go eat what i wanted anyway. That didn't work I'm glad it is for you, though.

Chellez, enough work, it can wait for another day I agree.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #22  
Accepting who she is

Work out that would rival Jillian:

I just pitched mulch for two hours. And I weigh .4 less than I did this morning!

On the way home, I started my entitlement chant. "I deserve an iced mocha." "I deserve a Dr. Pepper." (I never drink pop.) "I should put whatever I want on my pizza tonight."

Then I thought about the fact that I am in a good position in terms of calories. Why would I blow this 'lead' that I have on something silly. Why not just have a really good weigh in next week? Before I always just tried to make it come out even at 1200-1300 cals a day.

If I can maintain this kind of thinking, I think I can make some headway.

Selina--I grieve with you. I know your heart is broken and you have had so many disappointments as you continue to create your family. I hope you can find some joy to cling to like a life preserver in the coming days.

Last edited by onthetee; 03-21-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

1/2 hr of a walk-run this morning at o'dark:thirty. (6:30) I got in 1 minute of running for every 5 minutes, so 5 segments and five minutes of running total. I'm going to do this every morning and hopefully be able to up it to 90 secs every segment soon.

Fit: totally agree on the first thing in the morning for exercise. There seems to be no other way to do it with little ones running around.

Rhonda, thanks

Last edited by sportmom; 03-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
And I weigh .4 less than I did this morning!
ANNA! Step away from the scale.................
Old 03-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #25  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
ANNA! Step away from the scale.................
Hee hee hee. I just felt like I worked soooo hard, I wanted to see if there was any impact.

NSV: Anna VS. The Easter Aisle at SuperTarget.
I snacked on NOTHING on the way home.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #26  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everybody. Can't stay now but just wanted to say hi and kids are here all week so house is a wreck and haven't had much time to be sad so that's good. I made them balloon animals, played with their moon sand with them, read books to them, ran through the sprinklers in the backyard and played make-believe so much and I have really enjoyed them. We've just been being silly.

When they go back Monday I'm starting C25K. I liked it when I read about it so here I go! Oh and I didn't gain 8 lbs. went down 2 of them already and did well today so there is hope!!

Talk to you soon, hugs everybody, Selina
Old 03-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #27  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

OMG, OMG, OMG!
I weiged in @ 165 this morning, I am so happy-I'm about to CRY!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #28  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
OMG, OMG, OMG!
I weiged in @ 165 this morning, I am so happy-I'm about to CRY!
Yes!!! No crying. Maybe a happy dance or a sexy new shirt or something.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #29  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers!

The day is ½ over and I’m just now getting started. I do love sleeping in on the weekend! Just had my oatmeal and having a cup of java, then I’ll start my house cleaning. I’ve found that keeping myself very busy helps me stay on-plan during the weekend, so looks like the closets might get cleaned today. Hubby will be very pleasantly surprised. He’ll probably be thinking that some alien came and took over my body! Last night, he took me out on an impromptu date for dinner and the bookstore afterward. (my favorite date.) I did manage to stay on-plan, but I think it had more to do with my uncomfortable tummy. Eating my whole foods is making my tummy a bit, dare I say, gassy? I picked up some yogurt with probiotics, but I think I may have to go buy a really good brand at the health food store to find some relief.

Anna – it’s so good to hear that the weight is coming off for you again. We know how much of a struggle it has been to get your body to cooperate.

Quote:
Also, I want to point out...

Remember when the thread started and we were all, "Boohoo! There are too many people. I can't read everything. I will never catch up."
Yep! It sure has gotten a bit quiet around here lately.

Selina – so glad the 8 pounds isn’t really 8 pounds!

Vixjean – 165 is awesome!

Theresa – it’s so good to hear that you’re back on-plan again. I predict great things in your future!

Fran – Your running plan sounds great. I need to get my butt in gear with the running, too. Have you noticed any changes in your body since you started?

I didn't exercise yesterday as Hubby and I went on our date. Today, I'll get plenty of exercise with my housecleaning. But, I know that I need to started getting some intentional exercise. I think part of my hesitation is knowing that, once I start-up again, I need to do this for life. Otherwise, I'll never keep all of the weight off and be healthy. So, I'm delaying and relaxing for as long as possible. Silly, huh? And, I've delayed doing the strength training even though I know that my bones need it and the muscle will increase my metabolism. Why? Because I'm afraid that the muscle will make the scales stall. Really silly, huh? I'm so stuck on that doggone number on the scale. I'm considering putting my scales away after the challenge and seeing what happens. I've not firmly committed to this yet, but just considering. Of course, I'd bring the scales back out for the next challenge.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #30  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey Rhonda, lol, our houses are definitely looking better, huh? Keeping myself busy too, yard and house looks better for sure. LOL. So how come when I feel lazy and am lazy that I have to eat too? Doesn't have to be high calorie, fruit is usually my fave anyway. I read somewhere that it's ok to just sit. LOL. Guess you have to tell me that bc I like my food sitting with me if I'm bored and just sitting. Even tiny pieces of ice will do.

Why is that? I'm stuck at the oral stage I suppose. They say if you chew ur pencils, etc that you are. Sad, I want out of it! How must it be for people who don't have that urge? Why do I need to be pacified? Why can't I just sit? Sometimes I do feel guilty just sitting there. Even if I deserve the break. So maybe I feel I need to fill the space?

Dunno, but gonna just observe myself to see. It's interesting that I never stop learning about my weird habits, as long as I'm willing to observe.

About to blow up the giant 8 foot tall bunny to put on the front lawn, a little late but the kids love him and I forgot to put him out early. I found I have bags of new plastic eggs, one bag has 48 in it! Think I have like 150 new plastic eggs, 6 bags of grass, 30 different easter baskets for them to choose and 12 stuffed animals, all too cute! So only need candy and choc bunnies and toys, plus they are out of bubbles and want more so gonna get them some of those. I love the holidays!!!

I hope you all have a great OP weekend and Happy Easter!!!

Congrats to all of you still losing!!!
Hello to each of you still hanging in there and struggling like me. We CAN do this. I did better last challenge and hope to next challenge. But it can be done.

Hugs, Selina

PS I'm down another pound, not trying for anything right now. Just watching it bounce around. LOL. But glad it's going down again. LOL.

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 03-22-2008 at 02:45 PM.