Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

It seems like a lot of us are trying to focus on exercising more. I think we should have a Black Team Exercise Challenge.

We could each come up with a goal of time, or points, or whatever per week and see how many consecutive weeks you could hit your personal goal.

What do you think?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Black Team!

Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing...I will have to do the questionnaire later

GGmugsy - I think that is a great idea. What does everyone else think?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

My favorite part about this Challenge last time around was the individual "team" challenges. The only thing is that I think that Chelle wants to keep the forum as free from new threads as possible. So if we have a challenge we'll need to keep it within our chat thread. But, I LOVE the idea. It keeps me accountable, that's for sure!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #79  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

She wants to keep the forum free from new threads? Well, we can make a thread in another forum then, right? I think keeping up with individual challenges, bios, personals, etc. all in one thread will be really messy and difficult.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #80  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

1. What do you prefer we call you?
Anything but "honey."

2. What weightloss plan are you using?
Drinking fewer caloric beverages and exercising more

3. What is your favorite exercise?
Weightlifting, swimming, pilates

4. What is one area that you struggle?
Alcoholic beverages

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at?
I don't eat very much.

6. What is your short term goal?
I don't know! I don't think I have one. Only long term - To get and stay lean.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
I have no idea.

8. Best weight loss tip?
Don't eat out at restaurants.

9. Bob or Jillian?
Sorry! I have no idea who these people are.

10. Tell us about yourself!
Single, 51, no kids. I like working, laughing, being ridiculously silly, cooking, learning almost anything new.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #81  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I usually just post my exercise in the exercise forum in the accountability thread. Chell made that "To the Moon" exercise challenge thread as well. You girls can post your workouts there too.

So far so good for me this week and last. Staying OP and getting back into exercise today. I did some strength training and was shaking. Boy am I a weekling or what?

Anywho, my TOM water weight is stedily coming off. Maybe some fat too being that I am OP.

Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

My biggest weight loss tip is for exercise. DO NOT look at the clock.

On my Treadclimber I fold up towel up and cover the clock. I actually cover everything but the heart rate monitor. If I don't, I'm painfully aware of every minute that I'm exercising.

Spinymouse . . . you and I have a lot in common. My biggest obstacle is alcohol in and out of social occasions. My husband and I socialize a LOT and it always revolves around food and alcohol. I think we went to six different parties through the Holidays and each party lasted around 6 hours. When I learned to cook I always had a glass of wine while I made dinner. That's been a very hard thing to cut back on.

As for food, if I have a craving for something I find the lowest calorie/fat recipe on-line I can find and cook it at home.

For me, if this is a lifestyle change, I need to be able to eat my favorite things. I just need to find a healthier version of them and control my portions. Ellie Krieger's recipes are amazing. Devin Alexander has some really good ones, too. JMHO.

Last edited by ggmugsy; 01-15-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Great Job Ahill79 and Amanda on the 60+ pound weightloss. That is awesome and alot of weight gone forever.....
Bette well we usually stay on the strip at Excalibur, Hooters, The Orleans but this time we thought we would try to stay downtown, for me it is cheaper gambling because I don't like to bet $5+ dollars a hand maybe 2 or 3 dollars. Anyways staying at 4 Queens. Got a package deal for both of us for $400.00 flight and rooms from South Dakota.

Well everyone keep up the great work, WI this morning and lost 1.8 pounds since the 11th Yeah

Will try to catch up again later this evening. Have a Great Day everyone
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #84  

Reda....We love downtown Vegas, we usually stay at Harrah's because that is where we can get cheap/free rooms, but we always head downtown. I'm not "cool" enough for some of the newer places and downtown is just fine.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #85  

Just dropping in to say "Hi". I'm at work now and busier than a person should be. I will fill out the survey, hopefully tonight at home.

I work on the 11th floor and our "lunch room" is on the 7th floor. That is where I can fill my water bottle with filtered water. Today I decided to take the stairs down and up for each bottle. I am on my 3rd, 32oz bottle.....between trips up and down the stairs and back and forth to the bathroom, I can get in a quite a few of my 10,000 steps a day.

Off to a meeting....
Old 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #86  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Hi Soulbliss...I am a former Blue lady!!

Last edited by Dea; 01-15-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #87  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

1. What do you prefer we call you? Dea
2. What weightloss plan are you using? I just really watch what I eat..most times!
3. What is your favorite exercise? I don't belong to a gym, so I have the Turbo Jam and Biggest Loser DVD's to keep me busy. I also try to get out for a walk/jog as often as I can.
4. What is one area that you struggle? Eating things (sometimes in exess) that I shouldn't.
5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I am proud with my exercise efforts. Before I decided to seriously lose weight, I was a major couch potato....not anymore!
6. What is your short term goal? I would like to be down 20 lbs by the end of the challenge. That would put me at 60 lbs gone!
7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? some new clothes...hopefully I will need them!
8. Best weight loss tip? I don't have many tips...looking to read some good ones from my team! I find that when I exercise, I don't want to ruin my efforts by over-eating...that helps keep me motivated. One more...Keep tempting foods out of eyesight...ie:case of Coke in the downstairs fridge instead of the kitchen
9. Bob or Jillian? I work out with Bob a few times a week (DVD style). But I do love both.
10. Tell us about yourself! Just turned 40, married, 4 kids, work part time, love hockey and basketball, and scrapbooking.

Last edited by Dea; 01-15-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #88  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
It seems like a lot of us are trying to focus on exercising more. I think we should have a Black Team Exercise Challenge.

What do you think?

I started an exercise thread b4 the challenge started (Pre-challenge exercise)
I keep track there...anyone is welcome to join in.
It is a great way to keep yourself, and others accountable!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in and say hi! I'm having a good day. Sticking to my calories, and I'm over at my friend's house. We just got finished marching and jogging in place while we watched Oprah. I've lost 8 pounds since my first weigh-in, which I'm sure is mainly water weight since I just started dieting again, but I'm gonna make sure it stays off!

Tera - Not HOPEFULLY! We WILL strut our stuff! hee hee!

Rosario and Dream - I am trying to make myself a little pocket sized note book writing down the calories in fast food. I am not trying to avoid it, because there are times when I just NEED it! lol I have found that most places do have healthy alternatives if you look for them. And it's ok to even have some fries or soda now and then, but I'm trying to get it small. I agree about the money though! It definitely is more expensive to eat out, and that's another great reason to try to cut back. Wendy's and Subway are 2 great places for a decent price. At Wendy's, I can get chili and a side salad or baked potato, and Subway has tons of choices. Taco Bell too. Let's just all agree to stay away from Pizza, and we'll be ok!!!

Melissa - Woo-hoo! Keep up the good work!

Julz - Glad to know we have the same goal! I don't know about you but I didn't look pregnant even towards the end of my pregnancy - I just looked fat! I can't wait to actually look pregnant and enjoy watching my belly grow. And it will be more fun trying when I'm smaller and more flexible! lol

Way to go, Manda!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #90  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Default Got this in my email, thought I'd share.

Disclaimer: This was an email I recieved that I think is helpful, but WAS NOT written by me.
Our Toxic Food Environment
We live in a poisonous food environment, meaning that that we're surrounded by high-fat, high-calorie foods that taste good, are easy to find and are relatively cheap. At the same time, our environment does not promote exercise and physical activity. The combination can be toxic to our health.

Consider the following:

You drive down the road and see more fast-food restaurants than you can count
At stores, high-calorie foods are placed at eye-level and you face rows of candy at the check out
Vending machines are everywhere - at work, school, the zoo, the park, and even at the doctor's office - filled mostly with junk food
Fund raisers make you feel guilty when you don't buy high-calorie treats to support their cause
Parents bring high-fat, high-calorie snacks to sports practices and class parties
When eating out, you're told that "supersizing" is the better food value
You start to believe that large portions of food is the appropriate amount to eat
You're too busy to cook, so you "pick up" dinner 3 or 4 times a week, and it rarely comes with vegetables
You drive yourself everywhere, park close to entrances, and take the elevator or escalator to your desk, where you probably sit most of the day
You're afraid to let your children play outside unattended

How Did This Happen?
Experts blame a combination of factors for our toxic environment:

Processed foods are heavily marketed to the public by food manufacturers
Chain restaurants heavily market fried "fast food" to consumers
Americans spend about 46 percent of their food budget on restaurants and take-out
People in industrialized countries do very little physical work
And, as some experts note, the lack of exercise could be harming us even more than the availability of junk food.

How to Protect Yourself
- Awareness:

For one week, write down what you eat and drink and where it comes from. See where you can make changes to regain control of your food environment.

- Planning:

Healthy eating and exercise habits are under your control. Consider some of the many small choices you can make:

Make a list before you go food shopping and stick to it
Cook over the weekend. Freeze portions for meals during the week.
Pack and carry your food for the day: lunch, snacks and even breakfast
Be the parents who bring cut-up fruit and water to practice or events
Make exercise dates with your friends
Keep sneakers and comfortable clothes in the car
When eating out, split an entree or appetizer with a friend
When eating out, take 1/2 of your meal home
There are so many things you can do to control your toxic food environment. Start by exercising the power of choice.

Sources
Brownell, Kelly, Horgen, Katherine Battle. Food Fight. McGraw-Hill, 2004.
The Keystone Forum on Away-From-Home-Foods - Final Report, 2006