Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #61  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Amber! WOW! WTG on being 145! I can't wait to be 145! I think you are so pretty. You look like Tamara braun to me. She used to play Carly on General Hospital and I think she's beautiful. here's her site if ya wanna see her.
http://www.tamarabraun.org/

Anywho, trying hard to be good today. I have a project playlist account that puts the music on myspce...anywho, I went and found a bunch of my cheesy 80's and 90's dance music and added it to the list to motivate me and just spent about 50 minutes step aerobosizing! I sweated my booty off! My legs were already sore from yesterday's workout and I pushed it harder today. I am already sore. my calves hurt. It feels good to peel off the wet and sweaty clothes, shower and put on clean clothes. It's like I feel smaller already or something.

Oh, Mel, it was Mayfield eggnog and it's really good. I don't think it was lite because J wouldn't drink it if it were, I do good to get him to drink 2% milk. Them PA yankees act like that's the worse milk in the world, lol! It's all I have ever drank for like 20 yrs.

Last edited by Diva; 12-12-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #62  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Just wanted to drop by and say HI! I signed up for the next challenge in January and look forward to it and meeting everyone. I hope it's okay to pop in here and read and post before the challenge. Anyway...looking forward to January!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #63  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Well of course it's ok! I hope everyone who plans on doing the challenge comes in here to post with us so keep coming back girly!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #64  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Diva do you ever turn on your msn?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #65  

Hello Ladies - I guess it's as important to check in when you're not doing so well so here goes....I didn't exercise yesterday because I had a busted pipe under my house and had to turn the water off until it got fixed. With the ice storm in my area, it took quite a while to get a plumber out to my house. I tend to stress eat, so yesterday I ate TERRIBLY. I had a few bad (and by bad I mean BAD) snacks today as well.

My water is now fixed, so I plan on exercising tonight, and it's back to eating healthy again. It's a small blip and I need to just move past it and get back on track. That's my commitment.

And welcome FrouFrou. I will be new to the next challenge and have been posting here in the meantime. Everyone on this thread is very welcoming. I think it will be a great place to land!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #66  
Melissa

Karen its really really important to check in when you are struggling! It sounds to me like you are already back on the right track. I know the ice storm would have thrown me too, for whatever reason I'd find that an excuse to throw my goals out the window till it was fixed. Glad things are back and you have plans to exercise! You can do it!! Your goals are more important! have a great sweat!!

~melissa
Old 12-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #67  

Height: 5'9"

Aww, Diva. Thank you for the compliment. That photo is from last Christmas so it's almost exactly a year old. Maybe this year my family will take a new one of me and I can compare.

Still crossing fingers my fiance can find parking tonight so we can run stairs. I want to have another coulple pounds of weight gone before the end of the year!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #68  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Mel, I have my stuff on now but I am off & on wrapping prents and cooking and spending time with the family. I have you on all 3 im's, yahoo, msn, and aim.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #69  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Losing Friends!

Diva - I love my cheesy 80's and 90's dance music! The beat is perfect for walking on the treadmill.
Tina - I'm glad you shared about your relationship with your father and I hope it helped keep things in perspective so you could have a wonderful day. Sometimes, talking about things really helps with the inner turmoil. I don't have an alcoholic in my family, so I can't totally relate. However, I do know how our family relationships impact our view of ourselves. I don't blame these relationships, but it does make losing weight and doing something for myself a little bit tougher.
Melissa - Is your house all sparkly clean today? Wanna come do mine next? It sure could use a good "spring" cleaning. And, just think of all the exercise you'd get!
Cristina - I'm glad you didn't wait until January to let us get to know you.
Amberelise - 15 pounds in 24 weeks is not impossible! When that negative voice in your head starts mouthing off, just tell it to "shut up!" Eventually, it will get the message.
Karen - your situation with the busted pipe did sound incredibly stressful! I'm a stress eater, too, and I understand how difficult it must have been to try to stay on-plan. I hope you have been able to pull it back together. Checking in here is one of the best things you can do when things get tough.

Today is my day 4! I'm so happy that I finally convinced myself to get back on-plan. I feel so much better both mentally and physically. Did have a sinus headache last night and went to bed early The headache is gone this morning and I feel so refreshed after a full 8 hours of sleep. (Note to self: get more sleep! It feels great!)

Today's plan: Continue with Southbeach foods only... 3 meals and 3 snacks.
30 minutes on treadmill

Today's menu:
Breakfast - Steelcut oatmeal, 2 slices of turkey bacon and V8
Snack - Smoothie with Unsweetened vanilla soymilk, SF yogurt, strawberries and banana
Lunch - cup of vegetable beef soup and slice of german dark wheat bread.
Snack - celery with laughing cow lite cheese
Dinner - Leftover spinach and goat cheese chicken and steamed veggies
Snack - 1/2 cup of SF butter pecan ice cream.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-13-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Yeah!!! I managed to get my butt out of bed and exercise longer than 20 min today. I even had a rough start. My Media player wasn't working so no music equals no running, then I went to do my pilates and couldn't find the remote. Finally I switched tvs with DD and did 50 min pilates while the computer restarted. So I managed to get in my pilates and a 35 min run/walk interval this am. Go ME!

Well I better get in the shower everyone have a great day.

Bridgette.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #71  
Melissa

WOOOHOO Bridgette!!! Way to go with that exercise lady!! I'm so very proud of you despite it all you still got in a great workout! Excellent morning!

Rhonda...way to go girl!! You are such an inspiration to me!! I have been feeling like ick the past few days and I know why...because I'm eating like ick! I need to just buckle down and do this! So because of YOU I'm gonna make up a grocery list of healthy whole foods and stock up. Enough of feeling like this already. I can still enjoy the season but have my main meals be healthy right!! Excellent job girl!!

Time is getting away from me this morning. I'm supposed to help out at the school again today for a few hours but I may skip it because my throat is feeling a bit sore due to some sinus stuff going on. Probably not a good idea to be around the kiddos.

Have a wonderful day today ladies!!

~melissa
Old 12-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #72  
Melissa

Amber...did you make those stairs??

karen...how's it going, did you have a better day yesterday??

Christina...great to see you!!! I hope you pop in more often!

Roni....okay girl, can you walk today? LOL!! Excellent workout girl!! I love the 80s!!

~melissa
Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #73  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Well I made the gym yesterday for a 1 hour walk on the treadmill....I set it to hill at a level 17 and walked at about 3.7 so a good workout overall. I have to say it felt great to put my MP3 on and just not think about anything...just listen to the music! Today I'm heading back to the gym for some more cardio. I was telling my husband last night that I've been feeling frumpy, and then I asked the doomed question "Do I look like I'm gaining weight" FYI if you don't want to know the truth then don't ask I appreciate him being honest with me though, and asked him why he didn't say anything to me...his answer "Do you think I'm insane"LOL! Really I would be ticked if he said it without me asking!LOL! I feel good though. I think I've hit the point where I know I have to take this by the reins again and get it under control, and after a few days in a row at the gym I'll be craving exercise again. I just know how good I feel when I exercise, and I'm looking forward to feeling that way again. So I feel a lot more stable today and am actually looking forward to the gym today. This afternoon I'm going to help with a Christmas project in my daughters class. I have enough dinner left from last night for leftovers tonight...YAY! I feel like I have a little cold coming on, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Diva- I love some good ole 80's music...it is so peppy. Good for you for wrapping gifts...that is something I need to get on ASAP!

Cristina- Welcome! I think your going to find this group of ladies very supportive I look forward to getting to know you~

Karen- I hope your pipe deal is all fixed now...I know exactly how you feel with stress and eating. It is so hard to kick that habit. Good for you for getting back on track.

Amber- Where do you run stairs at...I live about and hour south of Chicago...near Kankakee if you are fimiliar with that town? How are you liking this Chi-town winter so far?

Rhonda- WTG girl on day 4! That is fantastic. Hopefully like Selina said it will become easier and easier as the days pass to stay OP. That women is a superstar Sounds like you have a good plan for today~

Bridgette- WTG on the exercise, and so early in the morning My SIL and I are signing up for a pilates class in Feb. I am so excited to try it.

Mel- I hope your throat gets better soon. I feel a little cold coming on also, and now is not the time for me to get sick....I have way too much left to do

Have a fantastic Thursday ladies....I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already YAY!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #74  

Height: 5'9"

No, Melissa, no parking last night, either. *frustrating* However, we came up with a plan last night that we're putting in action starting today. On days we can't find parking, we're driving STRAIGHT to the gym. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. I have a problem wanting to go to the gym right after I get home. Once I get to my condo I'm ready to settle in for the night. If I make the gym an extension of my work day, I will approach it as if it's something I have to do. Well, that's the thought process anyway. We'll see how it works. I think that it will. Especially since my fiance picks me up from work every day and he's a gym rat. He won't let me talk him out of it.

So, anyway, I'll keep you ladies up to date about whether or not this new method works.

I've eaten on plan perfectly the last few days. My fiance offered me Cold Stone Creamery last night since I had the calories, but I chose to stay inside in the warmth and eat a Luna bar instead. That's better for me, anyway.

I'm thinking about doing that Special K commercial where I pick out a bikini for my trip to Hawaii and hang it up on a nail in my condo. That way I can look at it every day while I make my food choices. Then, by the end of May, I'll be able to fit into it.

ETA: Tina, I run stairs here at work. It's "51" floors, but techinically it's a few more because there are 3 flights of M floors between floor 16 & 17. My work participates in Hustle Up The Hancock and I signed up for it again this year. I've signed up for it four years in a row, but I only actually participated the first year. I'm definitely going to participate this year, though. HUTH is a climb of the Hancock in February. You climb 94 flights to the observatory.

Yes, of course I know Kankakee. It's a pretty big town, IMO. I grew up in Southern Illinois near Carbondale. So, when I go back home I drive 57.

Last edited by Amberelise; 12-13-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #75  

Hello all! - I'm still struggling with the food, but I did my hour long Zumba class last night and got up early this morning and did a 30 minute WATP video. It was cold, and I didn't want to get up, but I won that mental battle. It's always amazing to me how I can really not want to exercise but by the end (sometimes the very end....meaning cool down ) it actually feels good.

Rhonda - I, too, feel so much better physically when I eat healthy! Of course how I can know that and not do it is beyond me, but it happens sometimes. I've done SouthBeach before and really liked it. I am doing a variation of sorts.

Tina -

Amberelise - I am curious about if you were able to do the stairs yesterday. How many flights do you climb when you can do it?

Melissa - I hope you get to feeling better.

Bridgette - go YOU for sure! How nice of DD to be willing to switch tv's. I would use media problems to give me an excuse to crawl back into bed. When you don't it feels great, doesn't it?

Diva - I need to finish buying presents so that I can wrap! And I love 80's music too! Oh, the memories!

Take care everyone and have a great day!