Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #121  
Domestic Engineer

Hey Melissa-
I grew up in Helena...I see you are from Missoula? Do you ever eat at Staggering Ox?? lol
Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #122  

Hi! Everybody

Wow! This board has really taken off! I'm sorry that I wasn't able to check in yesterday but I was catching up on some of the posts this morning and all i can say is "WOW" you gals are incredible. What a wonderful group of ladies! Everyone seems to be doing GREAT! KEEP IT UP!

I loved watching biggest loser last nite. You just had to love the older guy's determination. I'm rooting for him lol. I cried when that one woman didn't get picked and she said it was like being rejected all over again ahhh broke my heart for her. I was so thrilled when Jillian came and introduced the black team. ( speaking of black team isn't it great that one started on here, Have you noticed how their chat has taken off also. Good for them! ) I also loved when the blue team won the weigh in. I love it when something looks hopeless and comes out victorious. I think this season is going to be very interesting I'm cheering for the blue team on the show but...

It's red all the way on here ! Go Red !
Old 09-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #123  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hi Ann!!! Way to go on that workout!!!

Emily...I havent ever eaten at the Staggering Ox just because I dont like that much meat on my sandwich LOL, but I know lots of people who just LOVE that place!

just get it done.....I always cheer for Bobs team too! I havent watched the show yet but plan on it tonight!!

~melissa
Old 09-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #124  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hey gals -

What fitness program have you done that you've found the most change in your body? For me it was exercising at all. Hah... so I noticed changes just from walking briskly, but I noticed a huge change in my core doing DVDs. I hope to try running after the holidays (trying to get more weight off before pounding on my knees)

Last edited by Idealmuse; 09-12-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #125  
Melissa

That is a really really good question muse. Unfortunetly for me, I've never stuck to an exercise plan long enough to see good results. I can say that I do notice alot more muscle definition in my thighs since I've been riding my bike. The other exercise I do is the elliptical and that tends to be just cardio so its all over weightloss. I would LOVE to pick up some weights or even pilates to really see those body transformations!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #126  
Melissa

I have to confess to you guys... I didnt ride my bike to school today as promised. When I went out to do it, it was just too smoky out. Too hard to breathe when its like that. But the good news is that the wind has kicked up and cleared the air ALOT so my girls and I might go for a bikeride as soon as dinner is over...which I will make as soon as I can finish my homework...as soon as I can stop looking at the boards!! I'm so burnt out today! LOL!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening!!

~melissa
Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #127  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good evening ladies! How's the Red team faring today?!? I hope you've all had another successful day under your belts and are ready to do it all over again in the morning!

just get it done- its great to see you here, I hope you're doing well! There is a wonderful group of women here, isn't there? I hope we will see more of you in the coming weeks, it's gonna be a fun ride!!

Ann, you're doing such a great job! It's great to see you today, my friend.

Muse, hhm, well when I actually was sticking to an exercise regime, I was doing alot of WATP tapes mainly for cardio, but then I did alot of weight training on my own for toning and saw dramatic results in my arms and legs! Nothing fancy, no foof, no fluff. The Leslie Sansone pilates and exerball workouts are good for core strengthening too.

Melissa, well we certainly don't expect you to be riding that bike in the midst of smoke! Good thinking about not going! There's always tomorrow, and hey, if you can do it tonight all the better but I wouldn't sweat it. Hey, maybe some elliptical'ing will do the trick!

I have had another awesome day girls! Part of that I owe to this thread/challenge because coming here and reading how great we're all doing is really keeping me going, BIG TIME! You're all such an inspiration to me! So if there ever comes a time when you question whether to post or not, feeling like you have nothing to say.....post post post..what you say may either help someone else pick themselves up to try again, or just motivate/excite soemone to just keep on going!! You all are rockstars!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #128  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Ugh.... university is sooo frustrating... I am usually an organizational freak (I mean boardering on obsessive compulsive lol) but there are just too many things piling up all at once.
I'm proud of myself today though, instead of eating because I was stressed I went for a 40 minute run Let's just hope that for the rest of university I continue to de-stress through exercise!!!

Way to go red team!!! I am so excited that everyone is doing so well... keep fighting ladies!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #129  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Oh.... almost forgot, I weigh in tommorow!!!!!! I have been working my butt off... I wanna see some progress
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #130  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hun -

Yeah I hear you. I haven't been able to keep up anything longer then 4 months... but the good news I just hit the 4 month mark again, so as far as diet and exercise I'm hitting new terrirtory as far as dedication and this should be a forever thing this time. I'm only 8 lbs away from the most I ever lost (50lbs) too. Although I have been as low as 220 at the time my high was 270 about 5 years ago.

Last edited by Idealmuse; 09-13-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #131  
Melissa

Good evening ladies!!

Danielle..you are just kicking butt and taking names arent you!! Seriously you are just a huge inspiration to me! You keep me going every single day in more ways than just losing weight!

Taryn....oh lemme tell ya, I feel your pain!! The homework is just killing me this semester! But, I've got 2 more semesters and I'm done...well unless I decide to get my masters anyway LOL! Way to go for choosing exercise over food to deal with that stress.....good for the mind and body!! Keep it up! Good luck with your scale meeting tomorrow...remember its just a number!

Muse...4 months!!!! that is awesome!! And you are quickly closing in on that 50 lb mark!! you are simply amazing!!

Such inspirations you ALL are!! I'm so happy to be on such an amazing team of losers!! Way to go everyone!!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #132  
Melissa

Ugh! I'm ready for bed hoping I can sleep tonight, dont you just hate tossing and turning. Really makes for a long next day. Plus sitting at the computer doing homework all day long really grates on my neck! I need a built in massager!

Didnt get that bike ride at all tonight, just ran out of daylight. tomorrow is a super busy day for me I hope to be able to check in at some point, but if i dont...just remember I'm thinking of you all and hoping you are having a VERY successful day!!

C'mon Red Team...we want to hear from you!! Let us know how its going please! We cant support you properly if you dont let us!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:25 AM   #133  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I'm getting in here late because I 've been hanging out with my friend most of the day because her husband is out of town. Girls Night!! I did some pre planning and we made two WW recipes and I had one drink which knocked me out. Whew I'm getting old but I rarely drink anymore so I am a light weight now. So I was within pts because I knew this day was coming. She has an elliptical so I'm planning to try and get on it. We will see how long I last. I haven't been on one in so long. I will start without the handles first. I'm sure I will have to do it in spurts. I will start out with 5 minutes with a goal of 15. We shall see.

You know its late so I definitely don't remember who pointed out about the trainers being there for the weigh in...but I like it too. What's funny is I didn't even think about that until it was mentioned.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 AM   #134  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

I'm feeling a lil' better so far this morning, so I am either going to brave the pavement again to day for my walk or so a WATP's here in the house. I took a tumble last week because of some rude a-hole in a truck and I haven't been inspired to go back out there since.... But the knee seems to be healing nicely and it's like 57 degrees out right now!!! That's my kind of temp's right there!!!!

I stayed within calories yesterday too!

Have a Great day girls!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #135  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Where you all be???? Okay, I chickened out on the Walking outside, But the cooler temp's have me pumped! I am still tramatized from the A-hole who made me fall so I haven't gotten back to walking outside, maybe Sat and Sun since I don't like exercising in front of me dude, but I did do the 2 mile WATP's today and jogged in place when she was marching and after that I did TBL Strength training work out. I worked up one heck of a sweat i tell ya and I feel great! I thought Bob was gonna kill me, but what a fine looking man he is! OMG! I won't go into what I'd like to do to him beings that this is a family site!

Water is anudder problem I have. I have a refillable 33.8 oz bottle of water, and I do good to finish one a day, so my goal for now is to try and get 2 of them down, and then 3 and so on. Already got more than 1/2 of the first bottle down today and I haven't even had breakfast yet, so I am doing good...for me. LOL!

How's everyone doing today???