Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #61  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Okay so here goes:

1. What would you like us to call you? Love or Lovemacon (It's my married and maiden names together)

2. What are your Spring into summer goals? To improve my overall health and to loose about 15 more pounds. I too need to get into a bridesmaid dress for my Brother's wedding.

3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy) Well I've been on the chunkey side most of my life. Tried loosing weight several times, but decided that 2007 was going to be my year to stop trying and start doing. I made several Dr. Appointments at the beginning of the year, and after stepping on the scale several times, just got fed up. On February 20th, something just clicked for me and I "got it".

4. What plan are you using? I am following the Fat Smash Plan with success so far, but am reviewing the Sonoma Diet, (So I'll probably be PMing the Sonoma Chicks). There isn't any calorie counting and there's an emphasis on exercise, but I want to see how many calories I'm actully consuming.

5. What is your favorite exercise routine? i love my WATP videos and walks outside. My secret goal is to run a 5k in the fall.

6. Favorite weightloss tip? Listen to your body.

7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today!
Life...I am enjoying the journey I'm on right now.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get involved. I'm hoping that we can be a really good support system for each other. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you better. I had two kind of bad eating days. Not horrible, just not enough veggies and no exercise today. I am overlly tired, so I am going to turn in early tonight and get my exercise in early in the morning. Probably my WATP videos since it's snowing here. Who would've thought, snow in April.

As you all will find, I am a bit of a writer. So a short post is even a long one for me.

I will check in with you all in the morning.
Love
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #62  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL Amber...I am so bad with names....and faces too! I'm awful! But I try, its my goal this weekend to write down everyones name with their screen name as I attempt, once I get to know you its no problem but untill then I'm in the same boat...might be just screen names LOL! 3 Katies in a row....what is up with that? LOL!

Erika....who's name I've got down!!! Yay!! Way to go on sticking to those healthy snacks, that is a HUGE accomplishment!! I'm very proud of you!!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #63  
Melissa

Good evening Love!!.....Sounds to me like you are doing exactly what you need to be doing...listening to your body! Watch that being tired though, when I feel that way its usually because I'm not eating enough. You are doing GREAT!!! Way to go on your excellent success so far!! Dont worry about long posts, I'm chatty myself! LOL!!

I'll 'see' you all in the morning Red Team!

~melissa
Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 178.5/160/135

Height: 5'2''

I have been trying to compile all our names so we know what to call each other. This is what I have so far:

Team Leader: Hun.e.B Melissa

Cheerleader: AmberD Amber
Cheerleader: CharityKB Charity

Team:

bella mia Sara
707goddess
lindseylouwho Lindsey
jen Jen
soon3bbikinibod
summerlove Kristi
spcdcider
suziewan Angie
marieposita Ann
eesabella
karen68 Karen
shelby897 Shelby
donisha81
hrbabe
zambejaly5 Lettie
eusebuis Erica or Eusebius
lovemacon Love or Lovemacon
katiebobatie Katie
littlebluecat Nancy
wannabetiny Tanya
mookiemunchkin Mookie
rosario
jujujpn Jules
wakemeforsummer Leslie

I hope this helps, because I am bad with names, too.
Some are missing. maybe they can copy this and fill in when they post?
Have a great challenge day tomorrow!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #65  

Tanya -- My goodness, how efficient you are!! That helps a lot, thanks. Hope everyone is doing great -- today is a new day even if you weren't!!

I'm skipping the YMCA today (don't tell my husband ). I go anywhere from 4 to 5 days a week most weeks but just feel like a day off today. I promise I'll chase the kids around the back yard later for exercise!!

I definitely need to get away from the snacking but it's the week before my TOM so it's a battle but next week I should be back to myself and the crazy snack monster should be out of my body by then!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #66  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Love - Definitely PM me if you would like to know more about Sonoma!! One thing I love about it is that it's basically impossible NOT to eat enough veggies on this plan, or NOT to get enough fiber. No I don't work for them

Tanya - Great name chart - what a good idea. Thank you so much!

Plan for this morning: run!! then work on Claire's birthday project - we bought a dress-up box from Pier 1 and I'm going to stencil her name, some crowns and castles and rainbows on it. I've never stencilled before, so if anyone is a stenciller and has tips I'm all ears!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #67  

Height: 5'6''

Tanya, thanks for the chart!!! I am also horrible with names, so this will really help!

Eusebius, good luck with the run! I love running, it is addictive! Look at Amber, she is so far along, I can't wait to be as great a runner as she is!!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #68  
Melissa

Good Morning Red Team!!! I'm ready to make it a stellar day!! Looks like its going to be beautiful outside! I'm skipping class to take my little one to the dentist I think she's got to have a tooth pulled so she may be with me all day long. She's very particular about NOT missing school though so we'll see. My oldest on the other hand is playing a cough and sore throat for all its worth. She was home sick yesterday and looks like she may be again today. Kids...gotta love em! LOL!!

I slept great last night....must have been that walk!

Tanya....thanks so much for the names list! that is going to help ALOT!!! Hopefully everyone on the team will pop in and fill out the rest!

Shelby...AF the witch is circling the building eh? Well you are stronger than her anyday!! Just keep those healthy snacks handy and you'll beat her!! Enjoy those kiddies in the yard!!

Erika....I've never stenciled anything major before, so good luck with your project, but IMO the little oops make the gift all that more special! How'd your run go?

Good Morning Charity!!!

Have a great day everyone!! I'll be popping in and out all day to see how everyone is!

~melissa
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #69  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Tanya - Wow! That's a good job on the name list! It is indeed very hard to track. Thanks for making it easier...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #70  

Good Morning RED TEAM. Just popin' in to say Hi, and to say I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #71  
Fighting Piano Butt!

Melissa and Charity - My run went great. It's getting easier again ... I have done a half marathon in the past but I'm nowhere near that shape now. Thank you SO MUCH for all your encouragement -- it really helps!!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #72  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Morning all,
Hope everyone is off to a healthy and happy start. I actully slept in this morning. ( til 8:30). I don't know why I am so tired. In spite of all the sleep I got, I am still a bit on the tired side this morning.

Today I am going to write down an eating plan so I don't get off track. I think that helps me to not think about food all day long.

Tanya, thanks for the names list. I will eventually get them all. I am more of a face person so it may take me a while.

Melissa, You are a great cheerleader. Hope the trip to the dentist goes well. Sounds like school is keeping you pretty busy as well. My DH is working on his masters right now and is home today working on a project. Only 2 more semesters to go and we'll be done.

Erica-How long have you been on Sonoma? I checked out the cookbook from the library and made the turkey burgers last night. They were fantastic. It seems like an easy enough plan to follow. Most of the recipies are very Fat Smash friendly which is one reason I was looking into it.

Well I hope all you loosers have a great day.
Love
Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #73  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Had a couple of busy days, but thanks so much for posting this--I look forward to reading everyone's!

1. What would you like us to call you? Ann
2. What are your Spring into summer goals? 12 pounds
3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy) I was a "chubby" (as my grandma always said) girl from about the time puberty hit. I dieted pretty strenuously in my teens and twenties, and not always in a healthy way. Then had my kids and just never seemed to stop snacking and the pounds came with that. I could take off about 10 pounds, but those 10 pounds and more always came back on. Now I'm mainly focusing on good eating habits and weight loss is a side effect.
4. What plan are you using? Eat whole foods and eat less. My biggest change is to try to stay away from refined flour and sugar. So so hard, especially since I adore white french bread.
5. What is your favorite exercise routine? walk, and some videos
6. Favorite weightloss tip? Plan, plan, and plan some more.
7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today! Just rolling out of bed this morning, but am going shopping with my older daughter this am and we'll stop for breakfast. I already know what I'm going to have and I even chose the place because they have these mini one-egg omelets and are really good about making them just the way you want! That's making me smile because I won't feel like I'm "on a diet."
Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityKB View Post
Eusebius, good luck with the run! I love running, it is addictive! Look at Amber, she is so far along, I can't wait to be as great a runner as she is!!
THANKS!!!! Slow and steady. Running IS addictive, it's so versitile and it something you can change up depending on you and how you're feeling at the moment: You can run slow, you can run fast(er) if you feel energetic or angry, you can walk in between if you're feeling lazier, you can run short distances, you can run long distances, you can listen to tunes and jam out, you can run alone and think...
I love running when I'm running, it takes great power of will to take those first steps outside though, cause i love sitting on the couch too, but once I'm out there, it's great! (And if it's not, I run a little bit turn around and go back)

Eusebius I'm so happy you're running again
Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #75  
Fighting Piano Butt!

Love - I got to know Sonoma in November and now I feel like I've been able to adapt it to my life with DH and DD. They are eating Sonoma-friendly meals all the time now and I think they feel better for it!! The recipes are terrific. My favourites are the Greek Pizza, the BBQ Salmon, Spaghetti with Roasted Pine Nuts ... actually they are all good!

Amber - I am so glad there are other runners here ... we can encourage each other! You sound like you are doing great!!