Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #46  

1. What would you like us to call you?Mookie
2. What are your Spring into summer goals?25lbs.
3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy)I have been heavy all my life. My turning point was when I hit the 300 mark.
4. What plan are you using?WW
5. What is your favorite exercise routine?Right now Turbo Jam
6. Favorite weightloss tip?I think the one that has worked for me is to eat on salad plates, and remember tha you DON"T have to eat everything you are served!
7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today!
Last night both my kiddies DD9 and DS6 did Turbo Jam with me...so cute!

Sorry, I haven't been by to post. Work really has me stressed. I gained a little since my original WI, but I plan to have that off before the next one!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi Mookie! I'm sure you'll have that weight off by the time weigh in roles around.

Somebody brought in carrot cake and it's sitting in the kitchen. I don't even want it. I'm happily munching on my apple, string cheese and cashews. (A well balanced snack if I do say so myself!)

Hope everyone is having a pleasant morning!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #48  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Well done on the healthy snack Amber!!
We are going to a movie matinee today and my plan is to eat lunch first, then sneak in some healthy snacks (babybel cheese, kashi crackers, almonds) to munch during the movie. I love that popcorn but it's not going to help with my goals!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 178.5/160/135

Height: 5'2''

Hey, Team! Have a great RED WINS day. Does anyone else get a rush when they get to change their signature to a lower current weight? I sure do!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #50  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

1. What would you like us to call you? SKINNY BUTT! hehe. Leslie is fine.
2. What are your Spring into summer goals? I would like to see One-derland for the first time since...middle school? 199 is my goal... -21lbs !
3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy) I've always been a chubber-- I lose about 40 lbs 2 years ago and have kept it off until recently when I put about 20 of it back on-- and my insurance premium went up $90 because of it !! Plus, it's just time.
4. What plan are you using? I am a firm believer in South Beach-- I find a low-carb lifestyle works well for me.. but I'm not TOO strict on myself.. so I count calories as well.. stick between 12-1500
5. What is your favorite exercise routine? Lately, My Nintendo WII! I love to swim and kayak-- anything in the water.
6. Favorite weightloss tip? Never underestimate the importance of fiber !! :-)
7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today! My boyfriend fitting his arms all of the way around me !
Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 236/188/135

Height: 5'5"

1. What would you like us to call you? Jules (name is julie)
2. What are your Spring into summer goals? to look decent in my bridesmaid's dress. LOL.
3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy) ummm.....i could say mostly baby weight, but i was heavy to begin with too. but, let's just say baby weight. haha!
4. What plan are you using? following jillian's book for the most part, but i am a veggie. i guess moderation mostly.
5. What is your favorite exercise routine? anything outdoors or in the water. walking, swimming. going to try to get back to running soon too!
6. Favorite weightloss tip? not to deprive yourself. even a handful of chips and a small piece of chocolate helps during those stressful times. LOL.
7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today! watching my baby wake up and smiling at me. my kids always make me smile!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #52  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon Red Team!! I hope its been a fantastic one for everyone!! Its so great to get to know you all!

Charity...I totally agree with you on the journalling! So important!! Way to go on your success so far! You are doing GREAT!! Keep it up!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #53  
Melissa

Mookie....53 lbs gone!!! WOW!!! What you are doing is definetly working!! I hope work stress lightens up for you! That exercise should help!!

Amber...you are stronger than any ol carrot cake!! Your snacks sound way better anyway!!! Be strong girl! You can do it!

Erika...planning ahead...excellent job!!! What movie did you see?

Tanya...I LOVE changing my ticker!! LOL!!

Leslie....21 lbs to onederland!! You can do it!!! I cannot believe your insurance weight up because of weight gain! Thats unreal! Not sure how I feel about that yet! LOL!! I could see 200 lbs maybe but 20!!

Julie....those dreaded bridesmaid dresses....now thats some motivation to stay the course!

I did my grocery shopping this afternoon and stocked up on the healthy snacks!! If i didnt have so much homework I'd be outside doing lawnwork and burning some calories, its so beautiful today!! I hope everyone is having the best day yet!!

~melissa
Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #54  
Fighting Piano Butt!

Melissa - We went to see "Fracture" with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. It was pretty good; Hopkins was doing his smug evil thing, much like Hannibal Lecter.

Tanya - WTG on your weight loss! It sure does feel good to move that ticker
Old 04-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

I am really excited about this RED TEAM!!

1. What would you like us to call you? Karen

2. What are your Spring into summer goals? lose 20lbs and go down a clothes size!
3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy) I was thin until I had my children. I never thought I was as big as I am until I walked past a full length mirror in the mall and didn't recognize myself. Wow, I've gotta do something!

4. What plan are you using? eathing less, sometimes calorie counting.

5. What is your favorite exercise routine? Walking with the mp3.

6. Favorite weightloss tip? Eating more fiber....it seems to be working

7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today! I wanted to lift my dieting spirit up but styling my hair differently. Tried some of that smoothing product. Well, it looked like I greased my hair, totally oily. ugh. to top it off, I didn't have time before work to wash and redo...and I had to take a client to court today. of course the judge asked if I did something different today with myself....what can you do but laugh...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:05 PM   #56  

Hey everybody. Hope you had an excellent day!! Today was better than yesterday and I'm looking forward to tomorrow being an improvement on today

I got a book on intuitive eating today, anyone read anything about this? I have a really obsessive eating disorder, so tracking calories, WW, etc. just drives me crazy! So I was hoping to find something just as good but with less tracking.

Off to the gym in the morning -- this I love!! Mostly because my 4 year old goes into a kid's room and I get to be alone (can you tell I'm a SAHM!!).

Have an exceptional day -- with your eating, your exercise and your day-to-day stuff
Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #57  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

1. What would you like us to call you? Angie
2. What are your Spring into summer goals? I'm aiming for about 2lbs per week, but hoping for a little more.
3. How did you get here? (gaining the weight and deciding to get healthy) We had family pictures taken at Christmas, and I looked like such a fatty in them that I decided to finally do something about it instead of just talking about it.
4. What plan are you using? LA Weight Loss (with Sara, and Lettie, hi!) and I love it.
5. What is your favorite exercise routine? Walking
6. Favorite weightloss tip? Plan plan plan so that you won't make bad decisions 'in the moment'.
7. And just for fun...... Something that made you smile today! Being sent home from work because I have pink eye (yay!)

Last edited by Angie; 04-24-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #58  
Melissa

Aww Erika you got to go to a grown up movie!! I'm so jealous LOL!! We went this weekend for the first time in ages and saw Meet the Robinsons. I'm glad you enjoyed it....you didnt say if you stuck to your healthy snacks though!!

Karen...okay you made me smile!! LOL...hey, at least you are brave enough to try something new!! Way to go!!

Shelby....my very good friend fights those Obsessive disorders with her eating too so I know where you are coming from just supporting her. I really hope you get something from the book, I know there are alot of them out there that are really helpful.

Angie...just wait this years picture!!! You are going to look GREAT!!! I hope your eyes are better, even if it does get you out of work! LOL!!

Homework time for me!! I should have done it earlier so i could relax tonight, but you'll be proud I got in a walk tonight!!! Have a fabulous evening everyone I'll see you in the morning!!! Go RED TEAM!!!

~melissa
Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,
Just popping in for a quick check in before bed

Angie.. your poor eye....

Just to let everyone know.... if your User Name doesn't have your name in it, or if it's not on your signature or profile somewhere I'm probably going to end up calling you whatever your User Name is. I'll try to learn everyone's name, honest, but I'm just so TERRIBLE with names! This is why I'm glad my brother's on his third girlfriend in a row named Katie. Makes it easier for me.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #60  
Fighting Piano Butt!

Melissa - I know what you mean about grownup movies. It's been quite a while! I did end up sticking to the healthy snacks - in fact I didn't even want them until afterwards because I was so full from lunch! WTG on getting your walk in by the way!

Shelby - you might consider looking into the diet I'm on, which is the Sonoma Diet. It doesn't involve counting of any kind, really ... just eyeballing portions and eating whole foods. Of course, these are really personal decisions! I've heard that WW Core also works well for people who are looking to avoid all the calculations, as opposed to WW Flex which is all about the points.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's intro posts ... especially to hear the reasons why everyone is here. That is inspiring to me!!