Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #76  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

Oh my Goodness!
I jsut typed this whole thing and I went back in postings a page to check on Alisa's entry and my whole note is gone!! YUCK!

Well, I was introducing myself and going through what I eat and everything.

I have 2 boys(12 and 15). A hubby(is that what DH stands for?). We are in baseball season now and I am loving it! We finally have decent weather in Upstate NY now. We can go outside!

I am not going to list everything I eat(that was probably long and boring anyways). I have been at this "change in lifestyle" thing for about 6wks now and have dropped some weight. People are starting to notice at work and have complimented on the loss. (that is nice to hear)

I do not follow andy specific diet. I just try to eat healthier, watch amount, and make better choices. I belong to a gym. I try to 3-4 miles at 3.5-3.7 with an incline of 1 on the treadmill and circut weights at least 3-4 times a week. I think I need to up this a little for some more weight loss.

Alisa,
I love to listen to my Shuffle while on the treadmill and am always looking for some new upbeat tunes to add to it. Let me know of some!

I wish everyone luck! I will be glad to meet everyone and chat.

Lisa
Old 04-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #77  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Hi, hi.

A sunny day in north Texas, a day after the tornado and thunderstorm event. I had a walk with the girls (our dogs) at lunch today, we got my 4K aerobic steps now I have just a few activity steps to do tonight.

Danielle, if you haven't read "The Four Day Win" by Martha Beck, it might help you. It's one of the smartest books I've ever read about changing any behavior (although she eventually gets around to diet and exercise). I used it to start and keep up my walking again, and now I can run (shuffle) an hour. It really addresses why we know what to do, but don't do it. She synthesizes philosophy, sociology, and psychology and comes up with a series of exercises (four day wins), and it's up to the reader to pick the ones that pertain to her.

Lisa and Alisa, that might be good for one of chellez' questions: what music do you like to move to? It would be fun to hear what everyone likes and get some new titles to try out.

Off to do my homework (accounting). Tomorrow is my mid-year review at work. Our focus on health has me distracted, this is so much more important than anything else. I remember juju (http://skinnydailypost.com/) saying what she gave up to focus on her health the year she lost all her weight. She was right, it could be a full time job!

Have a great, OP evening, and talk to you tomorrow! Go Blue!

choosie
Old 04-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone!

Had a good day today! Lots of healthy foods. Had a looooong day of class but whenevre I had little breaks I got up and walked around the room. Would've loved to walk farther but it was raining out. Tonight I'm going to either do WATP or Turbo Jams. Depends how long my homework takes me. Hope everyone has a marveous day tommorow
Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #79  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Lisa, its great to meet you! Its great that you've got something to look forward to with the warm months ahead (baseball), and I'm sure your kids love your enthusiasm too. It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start with your weight loss, keep up the great work! Feels awesome when people start to notice, doesn't it? Yay for you!!!

Choosie, thanks for the idea regarding the book. I'm going to definitely look into it, sounds like it could really help. I definitely know I should be exercising, but I get that panicky (sp?) feeling and then just don't do it. All psychological I know, but definitely not a great feeling. Thanks for your suggestion! Good luck with your review at work, I'm sure you will do great!

Babygrant, hello! Glad you had a good day at school, keep up the great work with your good eating!

Hope everyone else who hasn't checked in yet is having a great day!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #80  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone!

I've been doing so great on this challenge so far. I've been so motivated lately. It's definitely this challange that is motivating me. Also, the fact that a week after the challenge ends, I'm going to Florida for a week, and seeing family I haven't seen in well over a decade.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Go Blue Team!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #81  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Sugar ...do you know that no one else in my group would say "good luck on your review"...they are so competitive. It's silly, but thank you from the bottom of my little heart.

Is anyone else watching American Idol? It's making me want to start teaching reading in Africa and Appalachia. I'm such a reading advocate...if you can read, you can succeed, no matter what your definition of success.

Hugs all around, mushy choosewell tonight.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosewell View Post
Is anyone else watching American Idol? It's making me want to start teaching reading in Africa and Appalachia. I'm such a reading advocate...if you can read, you can succeed, no matter what your definition of success.
I was watching but had to turn it off when the little baby died of malaria
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #83  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ladies! Rise and shine! Today is a new day.... Have you made your plans to stay on plan today?

choosie... for some unearthly reason I thought you lived in Austrailia... maybe its that Aussie Shepard playing mind games with me! I watched Idol after I got home last night. I only cried when Josh Grobin and all those little boys were singing... oh that got me boo hooing... don't tell anyone but I fast forward through a lot to get to the results!

BabyG... good to see you doing well! I'm having the problem with my class called "The Group Project Where Your Partner Expects You To Do Everything" yea its a mouthful. I have 6 classes to finish this project, and I'm going to write my teacher an email so that my partner doesn't get all my credit for the work she never did.

veggie... I know what you mean about feeling motivated! I think the only thing I'm not motivated about is exercise!! But I dont have a class tonight so I have no excuses!

ME!
Thankfully the week starts to slow down from this point til Monday morning for me. I'll have time to catch up on exercise (a full four days! ) so I'll still be on track with my PUSH dvds if I catch up this weekend. I'm considering going to the Saturday morning meeting for WW just to get that extra push through the weekend.

I have good news... I stepped on my scale last night and I was down a pound! My scale only shows halfs so I was 196.5 last week now I'm 195.5. Wonder what the WW scale will say? Guess we'll find out Tuesday!

Speaking of which.... don't forget to weigh in for Week 1. I'd like to have everyone's weight by Sunday but if that's not possible its ok. I have to have them by 10 pm EST Monday.

Other than that I have my meals planned out for today. This is more for the WW chickies in the challenge to check over if they could please to tell me if it sounds ok.

Personal Daily Points Target: 26

Breakfast: 2 scrambled egg whites = 1 pt
1 WW English Muffin = 1 pt
2 Veggie Sausage Links = 3 pts
1/2 green pepper (cooked) = 0 pt

Lunch: Smart Ones Chicken Alfredo = 7 pts
1/2 green pepper (raw) = 0 pt
2 cups spinach (raw) = 0 pt
2 tbsp Free Catalina dressing = 1 pt

Dinner: Turkey & Veggie soup (homemade) = 9 pts

Snacks = 1 cup green grapes = 1 pt
94% fat free popcorn = 2 pts
1/2 cup fat free yogurt = 1 pt

Does that sound ok?

Ok enough about me and my WW..

So where are those NSV's???? I'm all ears!

Since we have been on the topic...

This Week's Obstacle Topic is: What music gets you moving?

While its not really an obstacle for some, others have a rough time finding good music to get moving to. So this will help those that need it. Make sure you post your picks!

Well I'm off to make Hun.e.b the chart I promised her a few days ago. Don't forget to drink that water and plan those meals!

Success is in team work so lets all pitch in!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
This Week's Obstacle Topic is: What music gets you moving?
Rap! I just fly around when I'm walking and listening to rap music. Even when I drive and listen to rap, I am a speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed deeeeeeeeeemon

There's another lady in my class who is really struggling to lose weight so I'm going to start a challenge with her. Not sure how it will pan out but I'll figure something out. Whoever loses the biggest % of body weight by the end of class has to treat the other one to a movie?

veggielady - you inspire me. I REALLY want to go vegetarian. Always have, but my family....not so supportive. The thing is, I have trouble finding recipes that aren't loaded with cheese. I'm going to be watching your posts for good food ideas
Old 04-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Don't forget to drink that water and plan those meals!
Thanks for reminding me. Maybe that's one of my problems is that I don't plan my meals. I'm on 4 days off of school starting tommorow so I'll do that!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #86  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Just stopping in for a quick HELLO! Things have been going great here! I have been really on track with my eating and exercise and hope to have a good weigh-in result! Today I am going to my MIL to visit with her and my SIL and to let the kids play with their cousins. I am going to do a Billy Blanks kickboxing video before I go because I can tell already I am not going to make it to the gym tonight! It is so gloomy here and rainy when I get home I just want to chill with the family!

Music I love to listen to while working out....HIP-HOP!!! Some of my favs right now are Konvict, Timbaland, also I LOVE PINK! I just need upbeat songs that make me want to move my feet faster!

My NSV for today is going to be...I'm really proud of myself for sticking to a healthy eating plan for the week and getting all my food written down! I have stayed in my caloire range for 3 days now!

Well ladies I am off to kick away!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

ello ello lovlies

what a gorgeous way to start the day..... third day of rain in a row, dogs bolting out to chase a squirrel and leaping over two...count them two neighbors fences to continue the chase...then stopping on the neighbor that doesnt like dogs yard for a nice urine staining his grass experience before heading back to home...where they tear through the spots that i just laid grass seed down... oh to continue i wake my 7 year old with an earful...*(&*#$&)*&#(*$ about the dogs.. so its a sunshiny start to her day as well..... oh and did i mention that in the span of 10 minutes there were three rather large CRAP PILES in my living room.....they hate crapping in the wet grass for some reason and feel....like i love them enough why would i mind if they crapped on my floor....... WELL I MIND......I MIND BIG TIME!!!

so its been a frustrating start to my day to say the least...... however my day can start over at any time....so............ok new start

im NOT a breakfast eater.... usually cant stomach anything before 10am... but i have been at least trying to take some kind of healthy calories in...FOOD itself does NOT sound good..... so in the past I have used slimfast shakes with the optima..or whatever it is that makes you feel full longer and have been really happy with it.... well... while on my quest for a healthier life i have stumbled aross a wonderful product...

Bolthouse Farms..... its a line of all natural shakes, drinks, smoothies... all that... and i got a perfect boost for the early morning bike rides without feeling sick from eating anything. my two favorites for right before a ride are:

perfectly protein vanilla chai *delicious* and the perfectly protein mocha cappuccino with whey protein *good mocha taste*

you can get them at walmart supercenters for 1.98 each

www.bolthouse.com

they are wonderful!!

so i am enjoying my mocha cappuccino as i sit here and am getting ready to release a little stress and go let bob kick my butt a little bit on TBL workout dvd.... he knows deep down i like the rough stuff. KIDDING KIDDING

have a great day ladies

OHHHHH and dont think im not going to have a TON of fabu songs for you chicas to shake your butts to.... afternoon project for me is creative a TBL playlist
Old 04-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #88  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillovecartoons View Post
he knows deep down i like the rough stuff. KIDDING KIDDING

This totally sounds like something I would say....

but I wouldn't be kidding!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #89  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
My NSV for today is going to be...I'm really proud of myself for sticking to a healthy eating plan for the week and getting all my food written down! I have stayed in my caloire range for 3 days now!

Well ladies I am off to kick away!
You go 'head girlfriend! I couldn't help it... I had to seize the oppurtunity to say it that way!

As far as my favorite workout music: I listen to a lot of Electronic, Trance, House, Drum & Bass, Ska and Techno. You can get an idea of what I'm talking about if you go to www.di.fm and listent to one of the free channels. I personally like Vocal Trance cause I have some words to sing/hum to.

If I'm getting into a really agressive workout I'll listen to metal and rock (like three days grace or the harder nickelback stuff (not the slow stuff on the radio)).
Old 04-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Currently I listen to mostly Crazy frog songs for my interval training i mixe it with some country for the down time. For the other days it is really mixed but mostly up beat.

well i got my exercise in this morning I don't really have trouble with that. Eating is my big hurdle but so far so good today. I am trying to up my protein again I think that may be my problem it was slidding down.

Yesterday I got out and cleaned out the flower bed . that was great exercise.The kids are excitted to get new soil and flowers in there. they are going to help pick them oput and plant them.