Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #16  
Chick in training

Think we can get a BLUE cheerleader added to the smilie list?
Attached Images
File Type: gif blue cheerleader.gif (10.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #17  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Wink

Good Morning Blue team!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to be on the Blue Team again! YAY!!!!!

My Plan:

Eating: I am simply eating less, eating good & counting calories. I am going for anything between 1200- 1500 a day.

Exercise: Cardio!!!! Step Aerobic's, Various DVD's, Bike Riding, Swimming, Strength training. I also log it on the Exercise Accountability thread on the exercise board. I'm going for 4 to 6 day's week, depending on mood, soreness, TOM.

Good Luck everyone!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #18  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi Biggest Bluesers! I'm excited for this challenge - and happy to be on the Blue Team!

I am on LAWL, it's been working well for me. I went on vacation in February and have not been able to get my act totally together since I got back. I'm hoping that this challenge gives me the kick in the arse I need!

For exercise I do Body Pump classes(2/week), Step(1/week), and Yoga (1/week). It's getting harder to make myself go now that it is getting nice outside, but it is on my way home from work... so I'm making myself go!

OK everyone - let's get it in gear this week! Yay!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #19  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Good Monday Morning Blue Team!!! Hope everyone is off to a great start!!
My workout this morning was WATP Walk and Kick. It felt great!! Well gotta get stuff done around here. I have a WW meeting and weigh in this afternoon, wish me luck . I'll be back later.
Have an awesome day!!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #20  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! I have a few min. this morning so I just wanted to check in and say HI! I will be back later tonight or tommorow morning to read up on all the entrys! A bit about me quick though! I am 27 and my husband is my highschool sweetie and we have 3 kids....2 boys and 1 girl! I have been losing weight now for about 2 1/2 years and have about 15 more pounds I want to lose! I don't do any program but I do calorie cycle which really seems to work well for me! I LOVE exercise and try and get a little in everyday and now that the weather is warming it is easier for me to get some family and exercise time in on the weekends! UMMM as much as I love exercise though I LOVE food more! It is very easy for me to get derailed and very hard for me to get back on track with healthy eating thus fighting to get down the last 15 pounds. I am hoping with all your support to finish this once and for all! I look forward to getting to know you all and help you in anyway I can! Well I am off to put the laundry away! Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Eating: I'm just eating as close to whole foods as possible. I cannot for the life of me stick to a strict eating plan mostly because of cost. I only buy what is on sale and chicken breasts are so damn expensive.

Exercise: Ha. Hmm...yeah exercise. I'm a full time student and mom of two boys so I am struggling to find time for exercise. I am going to start walking on my 1/2 hour lunch break though and then on my days off I do ride my bike pulling my 2 boys in the bike trailer to the park.

I'm excited for this challenge

In school a couple of days ago we learned something pretty scary. We were learning about myocardial infarctions aka heart attacks. With every POUND of extra fat in the body there is an extra 200 miles of blood vessels that the heart needs to pump to. Geez, I am 32 pounds over weight....that is a LOT of extra blood needed to pump around my body. I can only imagine how many years of life that is taking off of my body.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Forgot a bit about me.

I am 5'7, 167 lbs. I have been married to my fabulous husband since September '02. My oldest son Austin was born October '03 and my youngest son Brody was born November '05. We have two cats and a dog. I am also a full time student. Busy busy busy.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #23  
Domestic Engineer

Hi everyone!
I'm so excited for this challenge and to get back at losing! I did really great on the first Biggest Loser challenge and lost more than 20 lbs in the fall. Unfortunately it's all crept back I did the last challenge, but definitely not wholeheartedly and there you go- when you eat crap and don't exercise that's what happens!

My plan- I'm really just trying to watch portions and only have a treat once a week or so. This works when I do it for "real"- I just have to decide to do it. I may try something else if I find I need to be stricter with myself.
I haven't come up with a definite exercise plan. I was doing the Couch to 5K before when the weight was coming off really well. I think I will figure out a schedule where I'm doing several different things: treadmill, yourself fitness and dance dance revolution (xbox)- I also have The first Biggest Loser workout on dvd that I haven't even tried yet. And a YMCA membership...I've been wanting to try their waterfit classes. I also totally believe that t-tapp (www.t-tapp.com) is a great workout and want to fit that in too.

I'm a SAHM of 4. They are almost 9 yo, 6.5, 4 and 2.5. They keep me busy! I've been heavy for far too long now. I was "chubby" when I got married 10.5 years ago (at 175ish), and gained with all my pregnancies. My baby is 2.5 now though and I have no more excuses! I would love to get really thin, but I would be happy to just down to a healthy weight to start.

I'm excited to get to know you guys- lets all do great!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #24  

Default Hi Everyone!

Hey all, so happy to be a part of this challenge!! Here is a little about me. I am 39 And have been married almost 21 years. I am a SAHM of 1 girl - 18 and 1 boy - 17. Not that they need me to stay at home!
Eating plan - well, I am not quite sure what to do. I am also considering going to WW as I just can't seem to do it on my own without that accountability.
Exercise - I belong to a women's gym and go about 3x a week to do about 40 min cardio and full body workout with weights. I am going to bump it up and try to add 2 or 3 more cardio days. I also have 15 sessions left with a trainer that I need to book.
Water - I like water, just haven't been drinking it.
Oh yeah, I am a compulsive eater and a binger so I hope that this challenge will help me.
Today is my weigh in day, but if I decide to go to WW, I will change the day.
Can't wait to get to know you all!
Dianne...
Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

ok my bio....lets see.... I am 27... I've been divorced for going on 5 years but couldnt be happier.. we have a very healthy relationship and get along better now that we're not married...go figure... of course the main reason for this is I have a 7 year old..so we owe it to her to say respectful to eachother..so moving on from there I am an old soul with a kids heart.. I am just recently starting my career over and am planning on becoming a real estate agent..so I am ready for all sorts of wonderful new experiences in my life...

a little about my body status.... well... im a fatty.... no longer will I use the ol.... im a bigger girl but Im active for my size... no... see I WAS active... but that hasnt really been for a couple years...so I weigh in right now at 275

no more.... Im done with the finding a cute shirt but having it look like a halter top because my damn boobalas stick out so much... im done with my muffintop that makes an appearance when i wear jeans... im just done...

so.... here I am..... I am so excited to be on this team and cant wait to support everyone and I SWEAR to everyone here... I am sticking with it til the end.... and I hope all of you do as well...

well....ready??? LETS GET IT ON

oh and by the way I just got done doing TBL workout dvd... the first one.... wow... wake up call.... the low impact NEARLY did me in.... BUT I DID IT DAMMIT!! but I've got a lot of work ahead of me!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #26  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Blue Girls!!!

It is wonderful to be doing this challenge with all of you. Everyone seems really excited and motivated, and let me tell you, that is EXACTLY what I need right now! I have slacked off on the weight loss effort for a good year or so and man, long overdue!!!!

I am married, mom of 3 living in AZ. Right now we're all just bracing ourselves for those triple digit temps that are about to hit us. This is where those WATP and BL workouts come in handy! I have so many of them, a stationary bike, a ball and yoga mat..I could open a gym!

I have been working an overnight job from 10pm til 6am and wow, what a killer. This schedule so does not work with being a mom & wife for sure. Talk about being lazy and barely getting by! I am starting a new job next week, just part-time thank goodness where I will have more normal hours and I can be a part of the human race again. I worked the overnights for 7 months and I really feel like this threw off my whole desire to lose weight. I tell ya, it's just not normal to be eating a full meal at 2am! LOL But there I was, doing it with the rest of 'em...never in a million years did I imagine ever doing that. I have one night left at my old job (tues. night) and then I am done done done. Woo hoo!

I don't know if any of you watch the reality show "Work Out" on Bravo? The last episode really hit me towards the end where Jackie and her trainers have their clients they're working with this season set up with a therapist to discuss their issues with food, etc. The dr. asked them why it was that they all seem to treat themselves so horribly (with food) and continually beat themselves up when they would never ever treat anyone else that way. Talk about a hit between the eyes! That is so me. I go above and beyond for everyone BUT myself. I try and move heaven & earth for everyone around me, to please everyone, but not for me. Why? This was very emotional for me and something that I am going to have to really examine. I just love it when something unexpected comes along and makes you really think!!

I am excited to finally be taking back control of my weight and my life. I love to exercise once I am doing it for awhile. Right now, not so happy to be starting it. lol Its all such a mind-set, isn't it? I just know that for these first few weeks I really need to force it to happen, one foot in front of the other and just do it. Its the only way I'm going to get to a good place with exercise!

I am doing a basic calorie counting thing, and using some Slim Fast products where my schedule doesn't allow for more. So nice to grab & go sometimes, and at least I know I am getting specific calories and satisfied at the same time. I used slimfast hardcore a few years back and lost 80 pounds or so. I felt amazing! However, not knowing as much as I do now about nutrition, my body, and life in general..I gained it all back. Bah! What I'm most proud of tho is that I have never given up since then. I have always gotten up and tried and tried again. I am determined to finally make it this time and reach my goal once and for all!

Sorry to be so yappy, but ya'll, I am SO EXICTED!!!! I haven't done a challenge in so long, and it feels just amazing to finally be doing something great for myself!

Have a fantastic day ladies!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #27  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm so blueeee.....heh. Hey all! A bit about me:

I'm on LA Weight Loss and am down about 23 pounds since December on that. It's been slow-going for me, but it IS going. I'm 35, divorced, living with boyfriend, mom of 2 awesome kids, work full time in IT, going to grad school, both kids are in the Young Marines and competitive soccer, and we all participate in a couple of Renaissance Festivals in the summer and fall, so I'm BUSY! Almost never find time to work out, so I'm very thankful that the LAWL program doesn't require you to exercise for it to be effective.

I was on the red team last challenge, so am excited to have a new color to play with this time. At least the guy is blue! He's my favorite!

I'm excited to keep rolling with a secondary accountability system here...I'm in for the long haul, girls, and hope that everyone here will stick it out with me!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #28  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I've been so MIA today. Just wanted to post a quick check in to let you know I'm reading the thread and I'm LOVING the excitement!

I've had alot to catch up on for work and school but I have managed to eat well today. I had 3 eggs this morning, a Healthy choice meal with a slice of cheese & a green pepper for lunch and I have a special K bar to hold me over at 3 pm. I'll have to figure out what healthy options i can have before class... maybe a caesar salad from wendys?

I haven't jumped on the scale since Friday but I dont think I'll loose any this week since Aunt Flow seems to like these challenges as well.

I'll try to check in later!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #29  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

yay blue team. go us. I'm starting a day late but I won't let you all down. Promise.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #30  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

We have such a great, diverse group here.

Seems like we've got a combo of WW, LAWL and clean (whole) eating going on. Combine that with exercise and we WILL be TBL!