Old 12-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to be doing my normal "eat smaller portions, eat healthier foods, make a point to exercise" routine.

What this means really is I focus on whole foods, don't eat sweeteners natural or otherwise (although I am going to allow myself a piece of dark chocolate a couple times per week) and watch my portions. I am also going to make a goal of exercise 5 times per week.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I follow the BFL exercise plan of doing 3/wk splits for weight lifting and cardio 6/week. I've been doing this since September and my focus for this challenge needs to be keeping the food clean. I kind of do my own thing with the food. I've tried a variety of ways, but will probably go back to 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks a day. The distinct 5 meals per day has me always thinking about food and it really becomes too much of a focus for me to do with working too. So I will eat what I know are healthy meals and snack when I'm hungry, and drink tons of water. I was so excited when I created my new total amount ticker; I really needed the confidence boost that I got by seeing how far I've already come since September. For me, working out and exercising is the easy part (which I would have NEVER said in August/September!) and the food requires more thought.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone I've been counting calories since April -- I try to keep a reasonable balance of carbs/protein/fat (or else all my calories would come from carbs & fat *tee hee*) and I have been doing about 3 hours of cardio a week, with weight training every 2 or 3 days. I am a home-gym kinda girl -- I walk a lot with my 2 year old in her stroller, I love the elliptical for serious cardio & I use dumbbells for weight training most of the time (I may train with the machines once a week).
My MAIN goal is getting re-motivated. I have lost 65-70 lbs since April and have slacked off the last week or two. I chose to slack off and I'm okay with that but I am not choosing to get back in the game, to lose the last 30-35 lbs and to look awesome at my sister's wedding on St Patrick's Day!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #19  

Just doing a quick post to say HI to all my fellow Blue Teamers! Can't wait to start this!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #20  

I plan to do WW on my own with my materials. I will follow the WENDIE plan which is posted in the WW forum if you are not familiar with it. For exercise I plan to do BL Vol 1 for 6 weeks then switch over to BL Vol 2. Also I begin teaching water exercise for 8 weeks beginning in January. I think I am set for exercise. Also there is a "Glide" class I want to take but I don't know if it will meet the minimum so we shall see.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #21  
Lisa

S/C/G: 194

Height: 5'4

Hey fellow Blue chickies!!!! Great to be on your team and we are going to rock this challenge!!

I am following the BFL eating plan along with Jillian Michaels circuit workouts combined with spinning classes.

Talk soon,
Lisa
Old 12-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #22  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I posted an addition to the FAQ about how to sumbit weigh ins since a lot of people have questions.

You can find it here!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #23  
Goodbye Fat!

It's great to meet of the Blue Team members! I think it would be great to all have the same ticker, any other thoughts? The plan I follow is the Plan that Works for Me! It means cardio 5/6 times a week with 4 days of weights and eating three meals and two snacks a day. I try and keep my calories around 1500 a day. I am really focusing on getting more fruits and veggies and not sugar and white flour. Can wait until our first weigh in!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:28 PM   #24  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Awww I'm honored that some of you want to unify by ticker!

I'll be following the South Beach Diet (mostly) and trying to fit in exercise where I can. I work 8 to 4:45 then I'm booking it to school to be there by 5:30 til 10:30 pm on four nights a week. I'll probably do the majority of my workouts Friday - Sunday simply because I'm not a morning person and my gym at the apartment doesn't open before the office

I'm thinking about investing in a treadmill but I'm scared at 5 am its going to wake a few people up.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

! I'll change my ticker as soon as I get home from work!

I'm a born again calorie counter. But I'm trying to incorporate a lot of the principles that I learned from South Beach. We'll see how that goes My biggest obstacle is going to be exercise.

I hope to lose 10 pounds. If I can't lose 10 pounds in 12 weeks. I'm going to cry. Well, I won't cry, but I sure will pout alot.

And just so everyone knows. I'm more of a reader than a poster. So if you haven't heard from me in awhile, chances are I've been reading but just not posting I should aim to work on that in this challenge too
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #26  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all! I am going to stick with LA Weight Loss. It was worked for me so far, and I really need to get to goal. I will also do 30 min of cardio 5 times per week, and add some light lifting and toning as I am able.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #27  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Ladies,

So I created the Blue Team Ticker with my goal to lose 15 pounds for the challenge. Made it to the gym the morning and got on the treadmill. I am doing the "Couch to 5K Program" and I can't believe it but I ran for 3 minutes today. That is a big accomplishment for me. Now I need to make it through the New Year's Holidays and life will be great!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Congratulations Dollypie!!!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #29  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Everyone
Happy Almost new year! Just wanted to say hi and say how much I'm looking forward to the challenge.
I have been doing LAWL since the last week of September and have lost 35lbs. I'll be sticking with the plan 100% and also adding exercise to my daily regimen so we can win this challenge!
I am excited about having some new motivation for the new year with such a great group!
Old 12-29-2006, 02:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'm rip roarin' ready to go!

I have my MIL's Tony Little Gazelle here
I have pilates stretch bands
I have 2 lb, 4 lb and 5 lb free weights
I have a 2 Mile Walk Away The Pounds Express
I also have many yoga and pilates dvds!

I am sooooooooooooooooooo ready to kick some butt!!!!!!!!!!!