Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Welcome Sencha.

I am HOME. It feels wonderful. Spending time with my college buddy was terrific. I feel lucky to have long term relationships. We took up right where we left off - nineteen years old again in 53 year old bodies. Despite walking all over DC, a week of trying new and unusual foods leaves me four pounds above ticker this morning. Oh Well. I looked in my food journal and guess what - Last year I was two pounds heavier from similar July vacationing. So it is a cycle and the good news is by October I will be eight pounds down if the pattern continues. Good. I'll get started. Today's priority is to track my food and keep it under WW limits. I can do that for one day.

I officially have ten days before work starts again. DS and I will have to make a list of priorities. I am happy for the puttering possibilities.

Credit for taking out of the freezer the cinnamon and spice sorghum single serving packet I made in the pressure cooker last month. I am still getting use to the texture but I have a bucketful of the grain given to me from farmer DH and i want to use it up. I will make another batch for work breakfasts. It has more protein than oatmeal which is a good thing.

Tomorrow begins my anniversary month posting site. I am so grateful to all of the people I have encountered on this journey. Without this, I know I would still be in the 170's struggling to keep out of the 180s. Instead I am in the 160s confident about getting down into the 150s. That is a big deal.

Last edited by maryann; 07-31-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:27 PM   #197  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi! I know it is going to a new thread tomorrow but...

I'm back after about a year. It's been a rough year, I left the group because I tore the cartilage in my left wrist and couldnt type. 3 bouts of pneumonia, a broken RIGHT wrist, and a grade 3 sprained LEFT ankle and most BUT NOT ALL of the weight regained, I am KNOCK-WOOD relatively ready for light duty exercise.

Credit for planning meals for this week and grocery shopping them. Credit for getting my walk in before it got too hot. (supposed to hit 107 later this week in Western Oregon. WHAT?!? We don't do that!)

Struggling with self-talk right now. I've always had a bit of dysmorphic disorder that goes both ways. When I lost 70 lbs 10 years ago I saw myself as the same size the whole way until one day I caught a reflection of myself out of the corner of my eye and thinking it was another person SAW it and then the image snapped to reality. But then THAT image of me stuck even when I was gaining, I just didnt see it. My last "snap" to reality was a few years ago when I finally saw 170 instead of 130. And that image is how I have seen myself for the last 4-5 years - even seeing pictures wouldnt shake it although the pictures were always shocking . In May I had to have my hair cut really really short for a play and that drastic change in my hair finally snapped me to this reality. So even though I am still about 10 lbs lighter than last spring, to me it is like I gained 50 lbs overnight. My friends don't get why I am desperate to grow out my hip, stylish and apparently flattering haircut.

Abstainer vs. moderator. I'm a bit of both. I do get depressed at the thought of not having certain things. Rebellious. But sometimes I trigger either by eating it or by NOT eating it. For me it is better to be in the "not off limits if I plan for it" I tend to plan small sweets regularly (one dove) and that does well. Alcohol on specific days, currently Wednesday and Saturday, last time when I was more active it was only off limits S/T/Th because I lifted the next day. lf I do best on calorie cycling so I can have a bigger day on Saturday as going out to eat is something that dh and I like to do. I have been successful in the past in actually planning a harder to budget treat at goals. Not so much a rewarding with food, but a one day maintenance day.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 PM   #198  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

I am so thrilled the tools and techniques I have learned are working.
See all'you'all in August

Anniemaxx
Old 07-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #199  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Not my best effort in regards to salt water taffy, which is embarrassing. I ate eight pieces and they were definitely not on my food plan. Wrap this month up and send it on its way. Meals 100% on plan and other snacks were. But still!

Not much to report in on today - finishing cooking up the soup for tomorrow to stay on plan. I think I'll pull it off and put it in the slow cooker at lunch so it's ready for dinner. Planning - credit. Some days it's the little things...
Old 08-01-2017, 06:42 AM   #200  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the August 2017 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread