Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #1  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Mini Declutter- March 14 - March 20, 2016

What's on your agenda this week?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

My challenge to myself the next three evenings (while DH is working) is to go through my drawers and closet and move everything out - everything - that does not fit/flatter right now. Most I'll keep because I've cleared out things I don't like or are too worn to really use, but a few other things can be moved along - a scratchy dressy beaded sweater and cardigan that I have kept for years "just in case" I find the perfect thing to wear them with. Tonight I pulled a few things from the spring/summer stuff and tried it on. Disappointed to find that the skirt wasn't really flattering and would fit better with another inch or so gone from my waist. Put together a new outfit combo for work... would like to find a few other options.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:45 PM   #3  
persist

Default This week

Hi

I'm away from home all week so I won't be decluttering there. But I'm with you in spirit and I'm thinking about my spaces. Nationalparker: I got rid of lots of clothes. I miss none of them. In fact more need to go. Great job starting to tackle that stuff.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:03 AM   #4  
in development

Yesterday I managed to weed out a year's worth (2007-08) of financial papers at my mother's. More recent ones are kept for tax etc purposes.

I aim to keep on top of her daily papers which are delivered and can soon build up into a slip, trip, fall hazard. The day after, most of them are much better in the recycling bin.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #5  
persist

silverbirch: my newspapers easily pile up. |Often they go unread too. I like the idea of getting the paper more than the actual act of reading it. I'm sad I do this. I have about 3 years worth of Canadian decorating magazines in my studio given to me by a friend. They are taking up space yet I feel inside their pages there is that perfect thing to inspire my artwork. It's simply hard for me to get rid of magazines and newspapers. But I have. And I will. We move ever forward, silverbirch.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I've been off for a week with my travels but upon my return "noticed" right away that it's time to get back to it. It's snowing today so perfect to move forward inside.

After I hauled everything in there was stuff all over. I left it last night. This morning I cleaned out the fridge and put everything away in the kitchen while coffee was making. It's such a helpful 12 minutes for me. Otherwise, I just sit and wait.

I have a mountain of boxes from my bike rack/hitch delivery. They are all ready to head to the car and off to recycle. One of my vita-mix's needs repair so I boxed it this morning and will drop it at ups today. I did some filing in the office and will move forward with paperwork.

Yesterday in Glenwood I took care of a few procrastinated projects. Small but annoying. Glad they are finished. Credit.

OK, back to it. I was really procrastinating on getting back to my food plan and after tasking and tidying it was just the next thing to do. I know my physical environment has lots to do with my food choices so I keep moving forward.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

I finally got one filing pile sorted, shredded and filed! On to the next one hopefully this week! baby steps indeed!
Old 03-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #8  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Hi there... I assume that this thread is open to anyone. Additionally, I think I found what we are to be posting ...

Mini Decluttering.
Pick something you can accomplish in a week.
Big projects can be accomplished by baby steps.
What can be done in a week to make your environment better?
What irritating project can you put to rest this week?

Is this correct?
Old 03-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #9  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Yes! That's it! I'd start a new thread but I won't try from my phone...but please join in with what you're aiming to clear out, project you're working on, what you want to tackle.

I got sidetracked so much with my busy work schedule, so I'm backing down my goals to have time to work in activity, too. This weekend's small goal is to go thru all my gloves, hats etc and match them up and put all the single gloves/mittens in a bag for two weeks to let the matches turn up...then toss if not. Get set for next fall.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #10  
persist

Closing this thread as we have a new one!
Closed Thread