Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 09:34 PM   #1  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Mini Declutter Mon Feb 1 - Sun Feb 7, 2016

Hello!

This is the place to post your weekly goals concerning your physical environment. What needs sprucing up? Cleaning up? Tossing out? What can you do this week to move you towards the beautiful life you deserve?
Old 02-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I am new here and just bought the Judith Beck book "The Beck Diet Solution" (pink book). I notice that she also has a book called "The Complete Beck Diet for Life". Does anyone know which of these books I should use? I have skimmed the book and plan on starting the program this week sometime.

This declutter thread is definitely appropriate for me - I have quite a bit of decluttering to do. My goal for this week is to clear off the dining room table. There is a lot of paper on the table so I will try and clear this mess up and get rid of things on the table that I don't need.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:09 AM   #3  
in development

Thanks, onebyone for setting us up.

flower1! I think the monthly Beck thread might be another place to ask your question about the JB books.

Activity for this week

Garden room: I'd like to sort out the contents of a flat grey box/tray and decide where to put them and it.

Sitting room: I'd like to sort and move some family photographs brought from my uncle's. They are in a small carrier bag in a 1930s/40s magazine box. I'd like to polish the box and find somewhere to put it. And whilst I'm in that corner I will decide what to do with a small red leather handbag. 'Keep or chuck?' is what we ask one another here.

Good luck, everyone. Even a small amount done moves us forward.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:20 AM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome flower1 to the group that reads the books by Dr. Judith Beck. On this thread, folks talk about decluttering. All the other strategies get discussed on the monthly threadHope you join us over there.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome flower1!

Another month done this morning! Company books balanced through 9-30-15. 3 months to go!

I cut out the material for another fleece nightshirt yesterday after work and as I kind of expected once it was cut I wanted to finish it. Super simple but warm and cozy. I wore it to bed last night. I left the machine out. I might try a headband out of a scrap. Sewing is one of the activities I now enjoy with my decluttered house. I have space and time and my brain isn't so cluttered with all the "need to's".

Off to work!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #6  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

We cleared out the garage of nearly all of the things that were preventing the second car from fitting in there - another Goodwill run with the emotional item being dropped was a toaster oven gift from DH's parents a few years ago that fits well but I don't like things on my counters that are extraneous and it didn't work well enough to actually bake anything except a slice of pizza, so I moved it to the garage a year or more ago ... and DH was a bit bent but we finally moved it on. Parted, too, with a folding table my father made me years ago but I just don't use it.

This week - decluttering goal is to work on my wall shelving units. There is a lot on them, and I will work to clear some items and even bin some to rotate. Two larger indoor vertical pots need greenery and then they'll go wonderfully in the master bath. In the meantime, I've put them on the bottom shelves for lack of a better place ... will measure and move forward on that. I was looking for an inexpensive small arborvita type thing that didn't look fake for a bath. This will be a week-long project, I suspect.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #7  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Same goal as last time....clutter on dresser tops in bedroom....such a simple goal...but this is more about acquiring new daily habits, and I'm in the learning curve phase...
Old 02-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #8  
Green Tomatoes

My goal is to get back to what I was doing a week or so ago. That was working! Not doing that is not working. Funny how that goes.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210.4/209.8/155

Height: 4'11"

This week I put together a picture collage that had been sitting around my craft room since before Christmas. During this week my goal is to find templates to make labels for the containers I now have my dvds in. That was my 1st week in January project. I also am continuing to organize my craft room. I only work 15 minutes every other day but there will be an end someday. I strive for beauty and serenity, not clutter and chaos.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #10  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Rearranged schedule is resulting in rearranged goals. We purchased new living room furniture and have scheduled carpet cleaning for what will probably (I always say this) be the last paid cleaning before we put down new flooring. I need to clear out some things and prep the rooms for them to be speedily cleaned. Wall behind current couch will need to be repainted a coordinating color and older light suede drapes will come out of a bin to be reused because I think they'll coordinate wonderfully. YAY for saving them. I will have to figure out the best way to get the wrinkles out of them. So a few projects - the painting will not get done asap though as I want to find the right color and not just wing it.

Tonight's goal - find and pull out the previous drapes and hang on rods to start letting the wrinkles fall out. Also - remove the holiday mugs from the dining room shelves and put in storage.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #11  
Green Tomatoes

This feels like a re-start, but taking a snapshot, now, will help me see improvement in the next week or two

Mail stack. Current state: several day's mail. Goal: empty.
Progress: handled yesterday's mail as it came in

Tickler. Current state: January 28. Goal: today.
Progress: emptied January 27

In Box. Current state: two bills, a tax form, a reminder to re-charge my FitBit, a newspaper clipping to sign up for a reverse-911 service. Goal: empty.
Progress: none

Email. Current state: 901 total, 313 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: more accumulation, sigh.

Checkbook. Current state: new statement arrived. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 2"

The weekly cluttering site works very, very well. Thanks.

This week. The two bookcases in living room, on each side of TV need to be emptied, cleaned, and moved so old TV can be carted off and new one hooked up. Want to make sure I have enough room to get bookcases back in as space is tight. Books will also be checked for ones I no longer need.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #13  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Default focus needed

Hi

I will be away this weekend and so need to get the place in clean condition before we leave. After being sick and then catching up and focusing energy on making the studio usable (it is! yay!) the apartment is severely behind again.

Today I will get all the dishes done, dried and put away.
I will also clear off the dining room table and remove the stuff underneath it-I LOVE to "stash" things under that table!!

Will report back later as to progress.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Continue to mega clean the kitchen, kitchen chairs, de grime the sofa if that is even possible, wash/vac all floors.
and find a place to stash everything i can't deal with right now
Old 02-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #15  
Green Tomatoes

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: cleared

Tickler. Current state: January 28. Goal: today.

In Box. Current state: two bills, a reminder to re-charge my FitBit, a newspaper clipping to sign up for a reverse-911 service, and more. Goal: empty.
Progress: took care of tax form, but added more stuff from the mail stack

Email. Current state: 922 total, 328 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: more accumulation.

Checkbook. Current state: new statement arrived. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Closed Thread