Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #16  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Positive progress: Valentine's decor mostly placed out. Holiday mugs and snowflake/wintry plates are away. Fooey. I will look for a better place than where they are in a few weeks... But they've been cleared from the shelving unit. Looked for drapes but didn't find them so they're up in a bin in the attic. That will wait until the weekend or next week when DH can access them.

Tonight: Simple dinner and kitchen cleanup and rest of V-Day decor out. Vacuum in advance of carpet cleaning and pet toys put away/misc. items moved off carpet.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 2"

This week's clutter project is over 1/2 done. 2 bags of books to donate to library are in the car for tomorrow. Our old TV will be hauled off tomorrow and new one placed in that area, far less space taken between wall and walking area, thank goodness. Then tomorrow afternoon I get to re-fill both cleaned bookcases and ad some of our great pottery collection to break up the shelves instead of all books.

Then DH will have someplace to watch sports when I get the other for Downton Abby!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #18  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

We're going away this weekend and I don't want to come home to dishes and all that other clutter I dealt with before. So I took the time to deal with the dishes today. A bit more for the morning but it felt good to catch up. The dining room table top is almost clear but I need to sort out under the table next and the kitchen chair. It has stuffnon it. Also in the living room the chaise is cluttered with ceramics that need to be put away into the cabinet space I cleared for them last month. I did manage to clear out some old old food from the big freezer for the trashman today as well as the same thing from the fridge. Cleaning the fridge and the freezer is something I'd like to get to this month. Feeling good with all the continued progress.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #19  
persist

Default to-do to-day

Hi.

Just giving myself goals for the day
1) clear away all dishes
2) clear counters
3)clear kitchen table
4)clear under kitchen table
5)move ceramic stock into their storage area
6)clear off chaise
7)clear off coffee table

UPDATE: didn't get to any of the above. Will complete tomorrow.
Update2: super busy today. No progress. Yikes.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-05-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #20  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Made progress on the In Box and email.

I had an hour near the end of the day when I could have worked on email, worked on the Tickler, or frittered it away. I almost frittered it away because I couldn't make the choice between email and Tickler -- so I tossed a coin and it came up email. CREDIT!

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: cleared

Tickler. Current state: January 28. Goal: today.
Progress: none

In Box. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: did lots of work to get it cleared

Email. Current state: 873 total, 286 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: 49 fewer total, 42 fewer unread

Checkbook. Current state: new statement arrived. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #21  
Enjoying la bella vita

Got everything cleaned/away for the carpet cleaners and they showed up nearly 30 minutes earlier than the four-hour window. Glad I tackled it last night and was just moving furniture into areas not being cleaned. It looks like we're moving in again and will stay that way until tomorrow evening, most likely.

I don't even feel compelled to make a big dinner with everything crammed into the kitchen. Tomorrow night will be the big push to get it all squared back away. Mini goal for tonight will just be to get through two loads of laundry after I check that the washer is working.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I really don't have any progress to report on my dining room table. My goal was to get that cleared off - I seem to be procrastinating. Also feeling a little under the weather this week - very tired and feel like I've got a bit of the flu. I'm off work tomorrow so maybe I will get started on my dining room table ...

Good work to everyone who is getting some of their projects done this week.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #23  
Green Tomatoes

Kept up, more or less. I want to keep posting here because it keeps me from getting discouraged. If "kept up" is as good as I can do with a day, then it's good enough. It's better than falling behind; it's a lot better than giving up. I'll get more done on another day -- like today and tomorrow.

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: cleared

Progress: kept up

Email. Current state: 877 total, 287 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: 4 more total, 1 more unread

Checkbook. Current state: new statement arrived. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #24  
Enjoying la bella vita

Progress made - another phone call to the credit union and got my accounts removed from dormancy after I said I just was not comfortable faxing in all sorts of docs and answering about 12 identifying questions. Done. That was hanging over my head.

House is all out of order with items still shoulder-to-shoulder in the kitchen as the carpet dried overnight. will move more to its place this evening and clean kitchen before bed. It looks like we're moving.

Was trying to figure out how to donate the couches (someone will need to do repair work) but with snow forecast 4/7 days I don't want them sitting in the garage while our cars have to be scraped off. Or are they truly just discards and then dealt with that way.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

I have washed sofa cushion covers, vacuumed thoroughly, dusted corners, washed both bathroom floors-whew!
today is last minute spot check before company- then I'll have to come up with a new non cleaning goal for next week!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #26  
Green Tomatoes

I mean for Saturday to be a big catch-up day on these things, but I've got a lot of other things I want done today, too. I'm going to have to make a decision and a plan in the next few minutes. And, be okay with whatever choice I make.

Mail stack. Current state: half-dozen items from yesterday. Goal: empty.
Progress: cleared the junk

Progress: kept up

Email. Current state: 887 total, 291 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: 10 more total, 4 more unread

Old 02-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I left my home in disorder Wednesday morning when I traveled. It was mostly due to having to tear apart laundry room due to "mouse" issue. I acknowledged I was too tired to put it back together but was distressed anyway upon my return.

Yesterday I was tired and irritable but I made myself head to Denver for my noon coda meeting and started to put things back together.

This morning I finished up some things: I put away sewing machine/supplies, put away other clutter and finished the company books (just now). I also loaded up all the washed/ironed antique linens and dropped them off at the thrift store. That's a 2 year project complete. Credit.

I've decided that until this rental issue is resolved I'm going to take it easy and not start anything new....just maintain. I'm so agitated by this whole ordeal that I know that I just need to rest my mind. I head back to the real job tomorrow. Laundry is going and dishes done.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #28  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I enjoyed my lounging day but picked up and put away when I went in and out of rooms and up and down stairs. I notice the difference this morning. Credit.

I had the thought late last night that if I just spent 15 minutes a day (as often as possible) on my income taxes they would be ready to go by Apr. 15. Actually, the past few years I've had them complete but perfectionism had me extending to Oct. 15 thinking I'd go over some stuff again. I didn't last year so my goal is to actually send them off and be done for the year on Apr. 15. I set my timer this morning and made progress. Credit.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #29  
persist

I'm just closing this thread as we head into another week! See you there!
Closed Thread