Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:16 AM   #256  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

My crystal ball failed again yesterday and I ended up eating more than intended. I expect today to be more amenable to planning.

CREDIT for posting every day in July! My August goal is to add weighing every day. I know that really does work better for me even though I've avoided the scale most of this week. So, I want to get back to that habit, too.

WI: NA kg, Exercise: +55 1245/1300 minutes for July, Food: 70% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 07-31-2015, 10:50 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good morning, Coaches.

Today is a great day. I slept through the night (yoo-hoo!! I am on a roll). Tomorrow will be my anniversary on this blog. I will have kept off a ten pound loss for five years. I see this as a great success rather than bemoaning the ten pounds I gained last year. I am still lighter than when I got married 14 yo ago and there has been a baby and menopause in between. I am forty pounds lighter than I was at 18 yo. The numbers of over 200 pounders that relapse and regain are staggering. For today, I don't have to do that. Great freedom.

And to add icing onto the cake, I am going to watch my 80 yo mother get her 1 year sobriety chip. It is a miracle. For years my mother has been behind a veil to me, an imposter lurking. I have her back and there are no words to describe my gratitude. Everyday matters and the past is the past.

These are great events and I will celebrate, not with food but continuing to commit to a disciplined food program. Food is logged. Walk is planned. I must be going to the gym regularly. The check in guy knows my name now.

BBE: If it rains near to harvest, the tomatoes develop a mold and the cannery will reject them. It was the final nail in the coffin of my BIL who ended up in bankruptcy.

SuzLen: I am grateful for the moments I have had with my family. DH and I both end up in tears watching our son as a baby. Amazing that no one else watching the same film will feel the poignancy. That is the classic blunder, right? Having other people watch your home movies. The most striking thing to watch is the relationship between DH and DS - so sure, so connected. DS as a baby bathes in the unshakeable knowledge that he is the center of his father's universe unconditionally.

Last edited by maryann; 07-31-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #258  

Height: 5' 2"

Mary Ann Wow! All night asleep. Also congratulations on being lighter and being able to keep a loss for so long.

Congratulations to your Mother on such a remarkable year. Glad you both can now develop better relationship day by day.

DH and DD#3 had delicious and Beck approved dinner together today. She is so excited over her promotion and handling it remarkably well. She knows her business and also the psychology to supervise her people well. So proud of her.

Morning's walk, 1-1/4 mile helped build up my lungs as well as my legs. With asthma, the breathing better is a real bonus. Credit!!!

Weight going down slowly but at least down this week.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:46 PM   #259  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Artist in Residence "This is Your Life" version

Coaches:

Ate on track and tracked-credit.

Had a busy and exhausting day of set up at the gallery. Spent the whole day installing my work and still not done. Everything I have done in the past 9 years, give or take, is in that space. from big to small, funny to serious, it's there. I can't think too much on it cause it is weird. But it is also good to see my big pieces again. That they are all up on a wall together in the same space is miraculous. Until now some had been wrapped in very dusty plastic since they were moved here. More than once it crossed my mind to just get rid of them. I am glad I didn't.

The space I am in has an upstairs with real stairs. It's just a house so I went up and down lots and lots of times carrying big things, small things and no things. My feet are super sore. credit for spontaneous exercise.

love2garden Kudos for the weight loss this week and super kudos for more lung power! Excellent.

maryann I celebrate with you maintaining a significant weightloss over 5 years and I also salute your mother for her 1 year anniversary. How fantastic that is for you both. Wonderful. Happy as well for two nights of good restful healing sleep.

gardenerjoy Credit for counting the things that went right with July and for moving on.

SuzLen Kudos for a good workout breaskfast and lunch. Crdit for planning ahead to when you are back at school. That's how to make that transition better than it's ever been for yourself. My artist is residence stint goes until Thursday at 10. The weekend is but the beginning!

BillBlueEyes Superkudos for decluttering precious metal. Let me tell you a quick story of DH's Uncle Ronnie who upon hearing that copper would skyrocket bought $10,000.00 worth of pennies (in the 1960's!) which he kept in his basement convinced the copper would be worth way more than the 10K he spent. One day they had a fire and it all melted. The copper hadn't appreciated so he sold them all for scrap. So, good on ya for making precious space in your home, head and heart by moving the stuff out. Also re: Antman. I loved it. I see every superhero movie cause DH is a comic book collector. Most times they are good, some are great but Antman is interesting because of the unique perspective and it is funny and there are many amusing visuals to me where they could have easily been same old same old. Yes I liked it and this middle aged female echoes your teen aged posse. Go see it.

Everyone else reading this: have a great summer weekend! Happy Long Weekend to those of us who have that!
Old 08-01-2015, 05:57 AM   #260  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the August 2015 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread