Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #241  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Quixk

Coaches

Was 45.18 bmi this morning or +0.4
Ate ok, tracked ok and now hoping to sleep ok.

See you on the flip side.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:56 AM   #242  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – I got stuff done but avoided finding time to get much exercise. Ouch. My next plan kept getting usurped by something else. Some days just happen.

Eating was borderline. I had all my snacks as if I were hungry. Meals were as expected, CREDIT moi.

onebyone"ok...ok...ok" sounds just right.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – I find it a challenge to plan around events with uncertain food.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – A constant challenge, "find balance between work and rest."

nationalparker – Now you got me listening to Neil Diamond's Shilo. It'll be an ear worm all day. Sobering reminder despite our worst fears, "I've never starved on a trip in my life." Congrats for that stellar job review.

Karen (karenrn) - Ouch for that stubbed foot. Hope it doesn't slow down your plans in Washington. We'll see you when you apparate again.

Sandy (love2garden) - Yay for Neil Diamond to make chores easier. Kudos for all that walking.

SuzLen - LOL at greens and a pomegranate vinaigrette for breakfast. It took my brain a long time to accept that cold pizza was a fine breakfast.

Readers -
Quote:
Day 41 Make a New To-Do List
. . . . .Once I create a consistent
routine of using my weight-loss skills,
. . . . . . .dieting will be easier.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 264.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 AM   #243  

Good morning,

I think I may need to stop talking about any successes I have because I am sure to be thwarted shortly after I write.

CREDIT for strength and cardio.

CREDIT for breakfast and lunch on plan.

DH decided he wanted to go out to eat and see a movie, and now that my DS from Arizona is home and he can watch his younger brother, I went.

Big Fail. Well, semi-fail. DH was craving IHOP and CREDIT for steering clear of the pancakes. It was the movie that got me because DH wanted candy, popcorn, AND a soda (it must of been a stressful day at work for him ) And I indulged. Shamefully.

Today. Must. Be. Different.

BillBB: Thanks for the reminder card today - I need it.

nationalparker: ditto on "I have never starved on a trip in my life."

karenrn: have a great trip.

Hopefully I can report back tomorrow positive results.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #244  
Green Tomatoes

We ended up with a late restaurant meal -- good but too salty, so I didn't weigh myself this morning. I'm giving myself credit for lots of veggies, though!

A restaurant meal is part of what sent me off the rails last time, so I want to be careful today. The challenge is the Farmers Market. That shouldn't be a problem because the rule is that I don't eat at the Farmers Market. But, I violated that a couple of times recently, so I want to build my resistance muscle back up there. I have generous snacks planned at home before I leave and after I get home. My food at home is tastier and healthier than any treat I would buy at the Farmers Market, no matter how wholesome or fun it appears in the moment.

WI: NA kg, Exercise: +30 1120/1300 minutes for July, Food: 80% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 07-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #245  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon Coaches,

The opera workshop is finally over - great experience. I also taught a couple of music history classes for a friend who was away ... interesting but a lot of work. Now I have a couple of concerts and rehearsals to prepare for! It never stops...

However I've continued with my efforts and have now lost a total of 39 pounds, 20 of it with Weight Watchers. People are starting to notice and give compliments, which is nice. I bought some clothes in smaller sizes last week. Consistency and the Beck strategies really do pay off!

I'm grateful for the inspiration of this group and I will try to post more regularly.

Erika
Old 07-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #246  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

So far, so good today on not eating everything around me before heading out on the trip. As soon as I get off work, I'll zip home and get the pooch to take to DH's folks for them to watch her for us. So won't be back home until close to 8. We were going to pick up salads from a place there we like, but I have one more head of romaine and a Trader Joe thin crust pizza that I can whip up (900 cal for the entire pizza so fine with splitting that between us - that fits in for my dinner). Plus I LOVE it.

Bill - I'll be catching a whale watch off P-town this weekend; cannot wait! I've done a few and have truly been moved by them. First one for DH and I'm very excited to share that with him. Battleship Cove, as well. I love all that stuff and am very thankful that he does as well. Liked your outside in the dark line - the mosquitoes are terrible this summer so I just bought a set of three clearanced out citronella candles for the patio. Hope they work. I debated on a citronella plant. That smells is more offputting to me than the skeeters.

SuzLen - Just the other day I said to DH that we should just have salad one night and then enjoy popcorn at the movies. We never do, and while it isn't something I miss it just sounds good sometimes.

Eusebius - MAJOR congratulations for your 39 pounds removed! I hate to say lost since I lose everything but weight very easily! Great job! Savor that.

Joy - Sounds like you're very aware of what you need to do and what sets you off on the wrong track. I admire that. Good planning and good luck. I was trying to think what is tempting at a farmer's market - I'm empted by the peaches now ... But then remembered we have kettle corn that, at the bargain price of $1, tempts me like crazy.

Goal tonight - not cleaning out the dang fridge!

Last edited by nationalparker; 07-29-2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: had too many :)s
Old 07-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Hi coaches-
i'm not posting consistently this week. I am driving a lot more than usual for my kids camp, and am exhausted, and not planning food very well. so will be back next week!
Eusebius-major congrats, that is wonderful!! you're doing great!!

Reading posts, waving to all and sending good vibes!
Old 07-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #248  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday - International Day of Friendship (UN, 2011)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Best gym day in a while, CREDIT moi. I joined a class called "Treadmill Bootcamp" that did general cardio-resistance stuff interlaced with returns to the treadmill for some HITT (High Intensity Tactical Training) routines. I was drenched. Discovered an exercise that I despise more than the plank. It's a plank where you dip your bum sideways to the ground to the right then to the left. I also walked to the library and later walked to our community garden to offer water that's not falling from the sky lately. I picked four large cukes - gazpacho coming! A good exercise day.

Food was good enough, CREDIT moi. Meals were great; snacks were larger than needed. I think that I was thirsty and tried to satisfy that with chips. It takes a lot of chips to satisfy thirst, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – One local farmers' market used to have bread samples. My mouth began to water an hour before.

Erika (eusebius) – Yay for "It never stops..." - from the perspective of those of us who enjoy listening to you guys preform. Congrats on those 39 gone forever.

nationalparker – LOL at the gymnastics of clearing out the fridge before traveling. [Whales and Battleship Cove both sounds really great.]

curlyjax - Chauffeuring kids can get a bit tiring. Keep the faith.

SuzLen - Yep, Kudos for avoiding IHOP pancakes. Those evil things just slide down so easily. Ouch for the indulgences at the movies. Do you have a good movie to recommend?

Readers -
Quote:
Day 42 Practice, Practice, Practice

Congratulations! You've learned the Cognitive Therapy skills you need to think like a thin person. The longer you use these new thinking skills, the more automatic they'll become. Dieting will continue to get easier and easier. Do you remember the differences in thinking between naturally thin people and people who struggle with dieting? Your thinking has fundamentally changed in the past six weeks.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 266.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #249  

Good morning,

CREDIT for good strength workout. I am now officially sore all over.

CREDIT for breakfast on plan. Went a little crazy at lunch and ended up throwing away the rest of the hummus. I will not buy again for a long time because it is like the devil on my shoulder. Temptation now gone.

I need to work on my resistance muscle and being able to feel a bit hungry. I am not eating to the "mildly" full state.

BillBB: I am impressed with your workouts. And ditto on the planks - I don't think my body was made to do them. I haven't seen a great movie for quite a while. We went to the new Marvel movie. My boys know the marvel universe inside and out. I have to keep up

curlyjax: I can't even tell you the joy I felt when my last child finished his last ball game. The driving was finally over!

nationalparker: have a great trip!

eusebius: Wow! Great job on the weight loss and your workshop. Congrats on being able to get the new clothes - way to reward yourself for all of your hard work and successes.

gardenerjoy: late night restaurant dinners are a killer for me. I didn't know the Farmer's Market sold forbidden food - I thought it was all fruits and veggies. (Can you tell I don't have one near me?!)

I feel like I have squandered a bit the last few free days. I did clean out my office, which was becoming a catch-all for everything in storage. Organized room=organized mind=organized life. I have enjoyed some afternoon power naps - a luxury of which I can indulge for only two more days.

Have a great Thursday!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:39 AM   #250  
Green Tomatoes

Yay for 100% OP day! I didn't weigh myself again this morning in order to give another day to let the water weight from the restaurant meal drop off.

WI: NA kg, Exercise: +40 1190/1300 minutes for July, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

nationalparker and SuzLen: Our Saturday farmers market has kettle corn -- I try to ignore it! The Wednesday farmers market has several bakers -- one is run by a nice couple who immigrated from France, another is a black-owned small business, and the third is an employee-owned cooperative. These are all enterprises that I can convince myself are good to support. Except that even their cookies have too much sodium and too much of a capacity to trigger my overeating.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches>

Excellent night sleep - a rarity. I try to figure out how I got it. There must be something I did. I also try to figure out how the scale jumped two pounds up. There must be something I did. I am baffled in both cases. "Oh Well."

Food is tracked. Walk is planned. I am going into school to do a little organizing even though I don't start official work till next Monday. Looks like I won't have to go full time which is good especially since I am still healing.

I have made some head way on the project of transferring family film to digital. I can get the stuff on my mac bu I can't burn a dvd. I guess Mac decided no one uses DVD. But everyone still uses DVD. The help boards are lit up with bafflement and anger.

I find myself watching my then 3yo boy in amazement and love. I also watch family holidays with sadness because my family is fractured now. This is tricky business for me. It makes me feel very hungry. I think i will put a daily time limit on the project.

A note of gratitude for California. The produce is IN….. I have a box of pears from our ranch, a box of peaches from our manager and the honeydews (yeah) are waiting to be picked up. There is nothing like a ripe honeydew.

love2garden: For my V8 I put tomatoes whole or cut, carrot, peppers if I have them and worchestchire sauce. I add ice and vitamix the whole thing.

onebyone: Super credit for cleaning the locker. I know decluttering is a huge challenge for you and you did it.

KarenRN: Good Luck on your trips.

Suzlen: it is true for me as well that I will not let myself feel hunger. I get so uncomfortable mentally. For me it goes back to old brain thinking - the tiger chasing me stuff.

nationalparker: How is the little notebook working?

gardenerjoy: Funny to read about how your mind can equate public-minded thinking with a "go ahead" on bakeries.

BBE: Your tomato and rain story reminded me of how much tomato farmers fear rain here. A sprinkle in August can and has ruined an entire crop.

Last edited by maryann; 07-30-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #252  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I ate more food today than I do on thanksgiving. At least I think I did. Two...TWO donuts. My cousin brought us a box of fresh delicious donuts. Not tracking...no idea on some of it.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #253  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Check in: -3lb today to 269.4. Good.
Finished ceramic work. Begin Artist in Residence stint tomorrow. Good. Got out of MIL thingy which DH and I felt was also Good.

Must sleep. All is Very Good.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:39 AM   #254  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday - Blue Moon

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Major accomplishment was to remove five boxes of metal items from my basement being accumulated to 'someday' find a home. It includes some copper whose price has skyrocketed lately. I finally realized that I was never going to sell such a small quantity. I took it all to our local recycling center dropping in into a huge trailer marked 'metals.' Goodbye precious metal accumulated over the year. Welcome space in my basement. CREDIT moi for clearing my environment.

Food was meh. I bribed myself to run an errand to Costco by planning to have an Italian Sausage sandwich at their notoriously inexpensive in house food court. I actually chose a pulled beef sandwich instead as slightly more healthy. The place reeks of fried things and white bread coated with fake cheese things. I'll, reluctantly, give myself CREDIT moi for skipping all of those - even though they were cheaper there than any other place on earth.

onebyone – Welcome Artist in Residence phase of your life. Congrats on those three pounds gone.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Kettle corn belongs at a street fair. It should be outlawed at a Farmers's Market. Yay, indeed, "for 100% OP day."

maryann - Yay for sleep. Super Kudos for digitizing the old family film - that's a project that I wish I could build enthusiasm to undertake. [Why can rain ruin a tomato crop?]

nationalparker – Ouch for the attack of "fresh delicious donuts" - sneaky things, them.

SuzLen - Sore from working out is good. Cleaned office is good. Tossing hummus breaks my heart since I love that stuff. Yay for power naps - they're not just for two year olds anymore. [My young teen friends insist that Marvel's Ant-Man is a must see movie. I'm not so sure.]

Readers -
Quote:
Day 42 Practice, Practice, Practice

Remember that you'll hit rough patches from time to time. All dieters occasionally give in to cravings, forget to give themselves credit, or neglect to follow their food plan. All dieters occasionally question whether losing weight is worth the time and effort. Whenever you hit a rough patch, go back to this book. Flip through each day of the program, reread the passages you need, and start doing the relevant tasks again.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 266.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:45 AM   #255  

Good morning, Coaches

CREDIT for strength workout. I fear that my exercise habits will diminish when school starts for me on Monday. I will have to find a new routine, but it may take awhile, the first few weeks of school are so mentally and physically exhausting I have been known to go to bed by 6pm.

CREDIT for a good breakfast and lunch. Then dinner hit. I was reading a book (via BillBB "Dead Wake..") and I got the munchies. I got on the elliptical again last night just to ease some of my feelings of guilt.

BillBB: congrats on the clean-out. It always makes me feel so in control when space is clean and organized. You are a brave man to hit the food court at Costco. I am usually not too tempted as the wait line is so long and I absolutely hate waiting in line. "Antman" is a movie that can be enjoyed, but not at theatre prices. There are very few movies, I think, that warrant spending $10 a person to see.

onebyone: Hope your Artist in Residence weekend is a good one.

nationalparker: my sympathies on the donuts. Yikes. There isn't much that tastes better than fresh donuts.

maryann: I love looking through old photos and at old movies. It is a mixture of feelings - for me mostly because those years flew by. Yes, there are I things I wish I did more of, or better, but I am just so grateful for my family that it gets a little overwhelming emotionally. I am happy for you that you won't have to teach those classes. I haven't gotten my official assignment for this year - every year it seems to change, which is frustrating. But I think I know what I am doing, so that is what I have been planning for during the summer. There are seven of us that work in a K-3 building, we have intermingled our jobs over the years and we work together very well - except one retired last year and we are not certain how the new hire will adjust to the chaotic schedule of intervention. She doesn't have a flexible disposition

gardenerjoy: Yay for a day on plan!!

I have made a response card today to remind me when things get, as they inevitably will, tempting around dinnertime. We will see how that goes.

Last day of July?!?! Oh my.

Have a great Friday everyone!!
Closed Thread