Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #226  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Yay! I had a 100% day for the first time in a week or so. I'm claiming my experiment a success -- it is better to keep weighing and keep posting even when I've gone off the rails. If I hadn't stuck to those two practices, my bad days would have been worse and it would have taken longer to get back to a 100% day. Thanks, everyone for being supportive, even on the bad days!

WI: -0.15 kg, Exercise: +40 1090/1300 minutes for July, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #227  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Forgive me if I post twice today. Setting forth my goals/expectations of myself today in hopes I can report they were realized. Today's weight same as yesterday - two pounds up from ticker.

Will journal. Wrote some good thoughts there yesterday evening.
Healthy nutritious meals. Not "what I can get away with for the same calories"
Use hot tea to break eating cycle if needed.
Repeat daily THAT is the issue.

Breakfast was smoothie. Working from home today.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

Found Beck's lesson on breaking plateaus. I can't go any lower with my calorie goal, just try harder at sticking to it. Not that trying harder has ever worked before. :/

So I'm adding 20 minutes of cardio every day (added to existing weight training and cardio schedule.) I can't remember her 3rd suggestion but there was some reason that adding exercise was the only one that's practical for me.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Credit for smoothie and salad. Also credit for reinstitution homemade V8 which always helps satiate hunger. The scale reinforced my efforts. Bak at ticker this morning.

1 pain pill yesterday. It is what it is. I will be off when I can be off.

Busy with the boy today happily. I have also come up with a resolution to not use Facebook. I only check in every now and then but I find I feel lonelier after I read postings. DS boy scout stuff is on it so many only one day a week.

Best to all. Cheers to new resolutions and progress.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:04 PM   #230  

Height: 5' 2"

Mary Ann what is your "reinstitution homemade V8?" I take 8oz cans of V8 with me on days I'm away from home for long time and it tasts so good and with a Kashi 140 calorie bar (I like Trail Mix) I can save time and money and calories by not stopping to eat.

Journaling: I spent almost an hour journaling and recognized that some of the issues that were really a problem even last summer, are not an issue now. That was such a relief. Don't think I've added any new issues.

If I had not written down my thoughts, concerns and hopes, I wouldn't know that I've changed. Celebration time. CREDIT!

Very sore muscles I'm sitting on from two straight days gardening for hours. The garden looks fresh and neat and I feel satisfied to be inside doing housework.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:59 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

I have a question: since i work overnights, should I still weigh myself in the morning OR should I be weighing myself after I get up? I come home and go straight to bed (because Tim Hortons is exhausting) but first I weigh myself, write it down and do a few things.

The thing is today I weighed myself after I got up and I was about two pounds lighter than when I weighed myself this morning.... tricky grey area?

(on the bright side: I WAS LIGHTER!!!)
Old 07-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #232  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Done

Coaches

An early check in. excited to report I completed the locker clean up today and ended my contract just under the wire. They were set to renew my month tomorrow! Yay.

I also had a successful kiln firing this morning and continued to work on my ceramic stuff for the upcoming glaze firing at the end of the week. Other guild members will watch the kiln in my absence since I will be the Artist in Residence at the Mill Pond Gallery starting Friday. Today's bonus was discovering I have two FRAMED large scale "painterly" prints! Never even remembered that. So that makes four framed prints I can definitely show as "serious" works. Great. My inventory is coming together. I also transported one of my large astronaut paintings which will also be shown so that's 5 items reclaimed from storage here and there plus all the small "last chance" canvases I want to move on out. I'm feeling...hopeful! yay!

Foodwise I need to be on guard. I worked through my lunch with the exception of some grapes. Now DH is sleeping. He's not feeling good. Hayfever he thinks which is early but when he took the meds for it he felt better. But now he's knocked out. I had planned on steak but he is not into it so I just ate up the last of the cheese bread, with margarine, then a little something else and a bite of something else. Oh oh. I see where this is going. Time to stop, add up the points I have consumed and write out my official dinner menu. *credit for coming here and for stopping*

Credit as well for the scale moving down today after rising a bit yesterday. I am 45.14BMI. I have been dying to be a 44something BMI. One BMI percentage is about 6lbs. I am going to get there.

Bye!

Locker pic attached!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emptylocker.jpg (15.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by onebyone; 07-27-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:39 PM   #233  
Enjoying la bella vita

Day one (take 101) on plan/on track. Logged my food into small notebook. I looked back and when I was logging in that, I was slowly but steadily losing. When I went to an app, I slacked on the tracking. So, going with what works for awhile.

Howyoulose - It doesn't matter when you weigh - i think it's when it works best for you, just pick a.m. or p.m. and stick with it. Typically you weigh less after sleeping, but whatever time of day you can be consistent with should work well.

Maryann - Credits to you on your decisions to support your goals! And sounds like you're listening to your body's needs. No guilt there. You're a strong woman and taking measures to lessen your body's pain is not a weakness.

Love2Garden - I wish I had more time to garden (or was more diligent about taking more time!) but I do enjoy the blooms and the result of the work. Around my patio for a few years I did a moonlight garden - all various plants/green with white flowers to glow in the moonlight. It was so pretty in the summer.

Bill - I don't know if I should not be feeding our birds or not (?) but figure they can forage in three seasons so just put a bit out. When the flowers start fading, I'll add the hummingbird nectar. They're out in all my patio planters now, and are such fun for me to watch. Aggressive little buggars though.

OneByOne - GOOD luck as the Artist in Residence - that is just too cool! Bring healthy snacks and drinks with you ... set yourself up for complete success this weekend. And you'll be into the 44 BMI soon!!

Joy - AWESOME on your 100% on plan day - sorry I didn't see that when posted earlier ... i was writing for a while.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:34 AM   #234  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi coaches!

Work has been crazy busy and on the homefront my pup Bing had a pretty rough day yesterday. He was at my moms and so I rushed home and managed to get him stabilized over the course of the evening. I really needed to mow the lawn so I brought the pups out later when it was cool and he laid in the grass which seem to feel good. He's going to stay with my mom again today and I'm really grateful I have some days off ahead. I've got a massage scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'll just take things a moment at a time. Food choices have been good, except yesterday's dive into the donut box at work. I stopped. Credit. I've been weighing every morning and scale is pretty stable. Credit. Still not feeling hundred percent from whatever bug I got last week. But every day feels better so I just continued to find balance between work and rest.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #235  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Better on track today, CREDIT moi. If feels good. I did gym, spending much time trying to make the sound work on the individual TV on my treadmill. I tried everything. I jiggled the wires of my headphones. I power-cycled the set, the mute, and the headphone button. As I was leaving I told the front desk who casually replied, "Oh, yeah, the audio isn't working today. We're having a technician come in to fix it."

Snacking was under control, CREDIT moi. We had guests for dinner so that meal was a little larger. We turned out all lights to keep the bugs away and spent time sitting on the patio in the dark chatting. Dinner was threatened by rain which, with mixed feelings by my DW, never happened. Our tomatoes need more water.

onebyone – Goodbye locker 601. Super Congrats for getting that cleared with Double Congrats for doing it exactly on the last day of a billing cycle.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for "a 100% day." Methinks that the folks on this forum are connected through the ether to support each other.

maryann - Your "homemade V8" - love the things that you do with your magic power blender.

nationalparker – Not a problem to post twice.

nationalparker – Not a problem to post twice.

Sandy (love2garden) - Kudos for making changes over the year and Double Kudos for journaling so that you know that.

Violette_R - More cardio sounds like a sane plan.

SuzLen - Kudos for allowing that feeling of hunger to pass without walloping it with food.

howyoulose - Yay for "LIGHTER!!!" Yep, Beck's book, like most, doesn't deal with the schedules of the many that aren't 9-5. My take is to weigh yourself after you wake up - whenever that is in your schedule. It tends to be the lowest weight of the day as well as the most consistent weight of the day.

Readers -
Quote:
Day 41 Make a New To-Do List

what are you thinking?
Here are some sabotaging thoughts you might have. Use them to create your own Response Cards.

Sabotaging Thought: It's too much trouble to keep doing all these things.
Helpful Response: Losing weight is very important to me. It does take effort to do these things, but the payoff is tremendous.

Sabotaging Thought: I know what I'm supposed to do. I don't need to keep filling out the to-do list.
Helpful Response: What's the big deal? Better safe than sorry. I may as well assume I do need the list to motivate me and remind me what to do.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 263.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #236  

Good morning,

I was on plan yesterday but the scale has been slipping back and forth between two pounds for about eight days now and it is getting frustrating. I know it is normal, but that only helps so much. Ha!

CREDIT for eating well and strength training.

Watched "Fed Up" on Netflix yesterday. When I watched "Supersize Me" several years ago it curbed my appetite for fast food. I have been conscious of sugar for some time now - the sugar in everything we eat. But I felt terribly sad for those young people struggling.

BillBB:
The sound problem would of thrown off my whole workout schedule. I like things a certain way at the gym.

Lexxis:
glad you are feeling better and congrats on stopping with the donuts. Why doesn't anyone ever bring in a veggie tray

nationalparker: I am finding the old fashioned notebook and pen work better for me. I have tried several apps and am not consistent. But then I like "real" books and not the kindle, so....

onebyone: congratulations on your residency - hope your weekend is a great one!

howyoulose:
I agree about weighing yourself when you wake up. That seems to be my most generous weigh time Congrats on being lighter!

love2garden:
had to laugh just a bit at "Don't think I've added any new issues." Congrats on that - it always seems to be something....looking at the bright side is healthy in all sorts of ways.

maryann: congrats on limiting Facebook. I think I may be one of the few left on the planet that don't even use Facebook. Oddly enough, I don't feel like I am missing out

gardenerjoy: congrats on your 100% day!

Violette: I empathize with your plateau. I will have to read that part of the book, I haven't gotten there yet. Thanks for the reminder.

Bought beautiful greens and a pomegranate vinaigrette yesterday and will be enjoying a salad with berries for the next couple of days. In fact, I really want it for breakfast but will make myself wait until lunch.

Have a great day.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #237  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Just letting you know I'm going to take a break from posting, I think until I get back from Washington after September 22nd. Just didn't want to disappear. I leave in 15 days. I'm struggling with a sore left foot that I stubbed when I got out of the tent in the night in Sequoia, so I'm staying off the trail for a week or so and using the elliptical so I don't keep hurting it. I did this before a major hike a couple of years ago and it was fine in a few weeks.

I'm hoping to report a bit of a weight loss by the time I return. Good luck to all of you in the next few weeks.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #238  
Green Tomatoes

I didn't manage to make a plan yesterday, but ate reasonably well for a day that eluded planning. Today is also a challenge for my crystal ball. I have a plan through Snack 1, but will be winging it from there due to an early evening event that may or may not have food attached. I'm committed to making good choices.

WI: -0.1 kg, Exercise: +30 1120/1300 minutes for July, Food: NA op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

howyoulose: I'd weigh after my longest sleep, no matter what it says on the clock.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #239  

Height: 5' 2"

"Committed to make good choices." goes for me too.

Early morning walk, (Credit) visit with neighbor, cleaning house, finances caught up and eating as Beck would approve.

Best of all, pedometer shows I did very little sitting so I've been burning some of those calories I overate this past week.

I weigh each morning after emptying my bladder and without any clothes. Seems best to be consistent. Weight is not consistent but my wake up time of weighing is.

Karen May you heal, enjoy your time away, and be able to complete the hikes. Will miss seeing you here.

Played Neil Diamond's greatest hits CD as I cleaned. Made the work so much easier. Thanks to those of you who led me to buying this with many songs I enjoy.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #240  
Enjoying la bella vita

Good food day in that I didn't snack and stuck to my plan. Dinner wasn't very nutritious but was trying to use up foods before the trip. Now we're down to two bananas, some milk, cereal and DH is taking today's leftovers in for lunch. I have a lean cuisine for emergencies ha ha... this might be one. The day before a trip I'm notoriously a terrible chooser, trying to finish up this and that before we leave - EVEN if it won't go bad. I'd better have another slice of cheese. I won't be around it for days. Ridiculous. I've never starved on a trip in my life.

Work was interesting. This has been one year (we go August through July) that I have felt the least confident, most pulled in varying directions, frustrated and worried. Read my review and got top marks and reviewer said it might be my best year yet. I need to print that and review at times bc I have been struggling in my mind.

Sunflowers are still in full gorgeous welcoming bloom. I remember driving through northern Italy and seeing the fields full of them. It was semi-lost on a preteen. ha ha.

Tomorrow is Day 3. I will devise my plan in the morning and do my best to stick to it. It'd be a first for a pretrip day.

Bill - Your notes cracked me up. I didn't want to be a pest with a few posts. A post pest.

And a confession is that I did NOT think the I am I whatever song was Neil Diamond's but now that's all I think of. I thought it was sung by a woman and I can ONLY think of those two words but other words are "to no one else ..." and that's as far as I get bc no one can understand my horrid singing.
Closed Thread