Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:17 AM   #31  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

You're doing so well, onebyone. The Magic book sounds much more useful than all those books which scold people for having too much stuff.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #32  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Today is the last day of Summer, in the US, anyway. I will post an update before this thread closes and we start anew.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #33  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Lightbulb yes the last day of our 2015 luxurious summer.

Hi

Well it seems I am worse off at the end of this decluttering season than I was at the beginning. My dining room is now impassable and tomorrow we drive to my brother's house to pick up his hand made desk and his art supplies and art books and they are returning with me to here. We are also picking up an antique Chinese bench which I had hoped would just slip nicely into my abode but no deal. No real space for it yet and no space for it anywhere else but I have to get it if I want it and I want it.

I suppose before the season, and this thread, end I will spend some time in the dining room maybe just piling things and getting rid of the obvious trash or even consolidating boxes. My hunch is I have several half empty cardboard things: boxes, half boxes that you get at grocery stores that they get their fruit in, maybe some plastic bags of stuff. If I can just pile it up then I have floor space for the two big things. I think I'll go do that. I'll report back later. Thanks for being here.

UPDATE: I worked for an hour and I managed to fill up a second recycle bin (small blue box) with just cardboard from the dining room. I consolidated a few smaller things into larger things. I piled stuff up and made space. Then I measured the space and I should have enough+++ for the bench and desk that are coming back with me on Thursday. So, good job *moi*.

I have serious plans for the next season of decluttering... do you? To be continued.

Last edited by onebyone; 09-22-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #34  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

onebyone, kudos for finding some decluttering time yesterday! It's time to make a new plan for Fall...

I started reading the Magic of Tidying book.....but got distracted and have not finished yet. She did motivate me to go through my closet/drawers and pull items I definitely don't find joy with. Some were items that don't fit and others were items that fit but I never wear. I do feel that her book is a little simplistic, especially when one has tons of stuff, and has a tough emotional time letting go. Her feeling that it needs to be done in one fell swoop as the only solution reminds me that in my experience a bit of progress everyday has proven quite successful.

So, my summer was pretty successful. I focused on two things:
1. Maintaining my prior successes by accomplishing my 1-2-3 dance every day. Laundry, dishes, make the bed.
2. Tackling my yard daily with progress not perfection.

The daily yard focus really brought my yard forward in a new and very rewarding way. I made monumental progress. Instead of just digging weeds constantly I dug but made a plan for hindering regrowth. Several areas were finished with weedcloth/bark chips and other areas I covered in cardboard or black plastic both of which will just stay for the winter. I have a few areas which didn't get as much attention as I would have liked but still made progress. My flowers were beautiful and the hummingbirds and songbirds were abundant. I kept my feeders fresh and was rewarded. The "creeping bellflower" still creeps in many areas but I did not have bloomers. Next year will be exciting!

I still have fall-clutter to clear out and will continue for the next few weeks. I will have a giant headstart next Spring. I have some trees/bushes I need to put in the ground. It's a task I'm not fond of, because I have a difficult time deciding the "perfect spot". Regardless, I will accomplish that on Saturday.

I acknowledged in that past few days that my decision to rise earlier has given me the time I need to accomplish new things and I like that.

I make a commitment to finish reading the "Magic" book then I will sell it on the local facebook garage sale site. It's not something I need to keep and am willing to let it go so I have space for something I truly want to en-joy.

Thanks for participating everyone!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #35  
helpingrachel

Hi all,

I so love the book Magic of Tidying up. It sure motivated me to clear closets, drawers and purses. I sat with the feeling of clean, tidy and joy once I was done. We are selling our house in March so I would be up for a Fall Decluttering thread if you ladies are.

Sending positive vibes for routine, clarity and joy.
Closed Thread