Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #256  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Food and exercise get credit for yesterday. I will be going to the gym today for cardio. I don't think I can take the pack today, but will try to get up the gumption for later in the week. I will take my pack next week when I'm at Sequoia hiking. I got up and the temp was 85, but humid. I'm just going to do the gym thing and get used to it. I doubt I can keep moving for as long as I do when I'm hiking, but oh well.

Bill Yes, some gym days are better than others, but any gym day is better than not getting the exercise.

SuzLen Good luck at the Mexican restaurant. Sometimes portion control is my default, although it is not easy.

Onebyone Two days is only two days. Drink lots of water, get back on plan and move forward. You can do it! Focus on the positive.

Eusubius You've been doing great in spite of some emotional eating. Keep up the good work.

Love2garden You're really having some success and that must feel great. It seems you're losing every week. As far as my exercise, I took Sunday off. Mostly I try to take just one day off, but it doesn't always turn out that way. I'm really trying to get into all the smaller clothes in the closet and then do a serious purge and work on a wardrobe.

Maryann Good job for being realistic and doing what you can. I hope your pain diminishes soon so you can be off the pain meds that make you feel so badly.

Diane Good for you letting your husband know what you need from him so you can stay on track. The smell of baking bread would be just a killer for me. Give me the loaf and a cube of butter and I'd be in heaven.

Curlyjax 55 degrees sounds wonderful. I consider that temperature nearly perfect for hiking. Glad you had a nice weekend away.

Nationalparker I hope you're having a wonderful relaxing time on your vacay!

I guess I should start making a list and packing for Sequoia. I'll be driving over on Sunday which will be here before I know it.

Have a good day everybody!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Default Good Morning, Coaches

Dr. Yesterday echoed that time and pt will be the solution to back issues. Plan for today is a slow walk early this morning. I think we are matching KarenRN's temps. 107 is high. I have taken to walking in gym in treadmill when I can't go in the morning.
Love2garden: Thxs for good wishes.
Eusebius: Sorry the difficult time with yr daughter continues.

I wonder why I refuse to sit and read my advantage cards? I will make it a priority today.I guess I have been waiting to return to normal but this seems to be my new normal.
Weight is at ticker.

Last edited by maryann; 06-30-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #258  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon Coaches,

Down 0.9 this week. I’ll take it, especially as it means I reach another 5 pound goal this week and get my refund from Weight Watchers (which I’ll likely take in the form of a credit for 2 free months! Yippee ) I’ve also reached my 5% goal with WW so that’s something to celebrate.

I can see that I’ve reached the point where normally I might say to myself, Well, your clothes are looser and this is getting harder. The losses are not going to come as quickly now. Give yourself a break! Well, I won’t. I will continue to read my response cards, post here, track, exercise (which I did this morning, credit) and keep taking the actions that I know will lead to long-term success.

One thing I did today was to buy two foods which, when overeaten, would constitute a binge and a guilt trip. My plan is to portion them out in a way that fits into my plan. Someone in my WW meeting today said: Don’t give up anything that you don’t plan to give up for the rest of your life. Such wisdom in those words. I can have 8 potato chips for 2 points, or 3 squares of Green & Black’s dark chocolate for 1 point, and savour them mindfully.

onebyone - Major kudos for posting even when you didn’t want to. Hope you find your fitbit … that’s a bummer.

BillBE - spacing out does happen! As the authors of my mindfulness and depression book say, it’s just what minds do. (Dang! ) Let us know what you think of The Girl on the Train - it is very tempting. I’m also a big arugula/rocket fan.

SuzLen - nice work staying on plan despite the speed bump (hummus. YUM). I hope you can find a good compromise at the Mexican place. The one here in my neighbourhood serves some very nice fish specials that are usually pretty diet-friendly.

karenrn - kudos for staying on plan and for being flexible when the weather forces you inside.

maryann - thinking of you. Will your back allow you to sit at the piano these days? That could be some excellent soul food for you
Old 06-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #259  

Default Avatar

Thanks Bill. As you can see I now have an avatar!

And thanks to everyone who posts here. You are really helping me.

I had a good day food-wise yesterday. I only ate what I packed in my bag. No trips to the cafeteria or vending machines. And I did a little cooking last night. I need to have things ready to re-heat in the fridge. If I need to cook when I get home I make bad decisions.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

hi coaches!
credits for going to the gym as planned yesterday, and not eating very tempting ice cream from Ben and Jerrys! I did eat cereal for dessert instead. I tend to over estimate still how hungry I may be later and eat more at dinner to forestall that, so I don't overeat at night. I woke up full this am so clearly ate too much all around. Need to get back to embracing or at least tolerating mild hunger, always a challenge at night!

Thought of you Maryann as my son is off with relatives for 10 days! He is having a great time. A piece of me thinks he would rather live there than at boring old home and his sister who picks on him a bit. Ah well, we do what we can, and the grass is always greener!
I have to put some goodies out soon for a little function and I am striving desperately to ignore them! I am posting now to help me stay strong! And will chew some gum instead, that should help.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #261  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up posting mid-day

Coaches

Hi. Thanks for the encouragement, as always, to just keep moving forward. I did weigh-in and my psychic powers have failed me once again. I had not "gained everything back" in fact I was down 1.8lbs. Go figure. Of course my sabotaging mind came up with this doozy:
Quote:
Oh. You really must have been down below 269 (my lowest weight recently) to only regain to 271lbs. Now you'll be lucky to be 269 on Thursday.
Wow talk about your backhanded compliment, and from my own interior monologue! Sheesh. Oh well I say. Blather on inner saboteur. I am on track today, and tracking, and have declard my intention to go for an evening walk with DH after our visit to the hospital this evening.

Bye!

ps. I've attached one of my new ceramic things. This one is a simple bowl, thrown on the wheel by Minda (we're collaborating), and I drew on it nd glazed it. It says "don't ruffle my feathers bub"... inner saboteur... did you hear that?!

Pps. I walked 30min in the fog tonight. Yay! And everything that needed to be is in the kiln right now. All is well and on track. Me included. Good night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rufflebirdT.jpg (12.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by onebyone; 06-30-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #262  

Height: 5' 2"

eusebius I'd choose the 3 squares of dark chocolate over almost all other things.

One by One Hope you are able to get your evening walk and time with our daughter tonight. Like what you did with the bowl.

I envy NationalParker for doing what we did for years, but no longer are able to do. Our almost daily downpours would make camping rather miserable judging by what we are getting here at home.

Today
Old 07-01-2015, 06:37 AM   #263  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the July 2015 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread