Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:15 AM   #16  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking further

Hi.

So I did consolidate the boxes and etc. back into the dining room. I cleared and sorted through the stuff on my chaise. It's now usable. I also sorted the stuff from the top of and below the kitchen table. It's a completely clear and usable space now. I also moved some extra stuff into the pantry I mentioned. What I want to do, but not yet, is relocate things from the small cupboard above the microwave and coffee pot. I'd like to keep my mugs there since that's a where I actually use them. I started to designate the bureau drawers for stuff and imagined I could actually have a place for everything. This time round it may happen. I have continued to put artwork up and a real treasure of a print is now on my wall and it makes me really happy to see it. Credits for work done so far.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #17  
persist

Post current checklist

1. clear off chinese chair
  2. clear off coffee table top
  3. clear the floor under the coffee table
  4. clear the floor in front of the tv stand
  5. clear the top of the side table over the computer
  6. clear below the computer table
  7. clear kitchen counters
Old 05-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #18  
persist

Thumbs up new decluttering goal

Hello

So after a busy week with my sister who was here visiting I decided to take the day completely off to rest, relax, and leisurely reset my goals.

I just wandered into the bedroom and I really wanted to lie on the bed and watch a movie in there. We have a nice tv hooked up to a device that takes a memory stick (no cable) and that's how I can. It works really well when I can get to the tv and the box.

You guessed it. I can't get to them without moving Idon'tevenknowwhatitis that's making up the big pile in front of the dresser the tv is sitting on. But I don't want to just do that. I want to do the pile on the desk to the right of the dresser and the pile on the floor by the left of the dresser. I also want to straighten up my night table and the books I have out. I need to put away the ones I am not reading.

So this will be my new focus this week. I'll still work a bit on my original living room/dining room stuff but I want to be able to watch tv/movies in there.

I'll be back with a detailed to-do list, the only method that works for me + posting here, when I get started. I'd like to be done everything in a week.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

I recently purchased yet another book on decluttering and organizing. It is "the life-changing magic of tidying up - the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing". I'm enjoying reading it and although I don't have much decluttering to do, what I have are photos and some sentimental trinkets that I haven't been able to get rid of, but are hid away in a closet. Since the time I will be home this summer will be quiet it is a good time to keep up with this. My plan is to finish the book and then set a plan in motion. Dh will be gone for 8 days mid month and that might be a good time to go thru some of the things. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #20  
persist

Thumbs up

karenrn a few decluttering threads back Lexxiss digitized all of her photos and set them up on a digital picture frame thing that scrolled through the images slowly. She spent weeks going through box after box. it was inspiring so I know you will come up with a perfect-for-you solution for the difficult sentimental objects that you have. I am nowhere near that stage. Still trying to deal with the big overall items.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for some good ideas.

I'm working to sort thru years of Journals. Because I sue spiral notebooks with section dividers for most of them, I summarize the month on the first page of each section. Now I'm copying just the summary page and putting these in a notebook.

This will enable me to sort back from the monthly sheets to find which Journal has the information I desire. Fun to surprise a friend I've been away from for ages and be able to remember some important events of her or his lives.

T
Old 06-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #22  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh! Just saw this!

I have two big projects I'm still working on. Finished one (getting the gardens in order), half done with one, and yet to start on another. Allllll of them involve decluttering!!!! I have stuff I just don't need or use - including furniture! So, as I do each project, that includes removing all the unneccessary items too!

So - Deadline THIS WEEK - getting the craft room together! 6/7/15

This was a spare bedroom/craft room. I inherited from a retired teacher/crafter a buttload of crafting materials nowhere to put them. And now with my full-time job working with kids and sometimes doing crafts, I've allowed myself a FULL craftroom!

Ripping up the carpet and pads in the basement - June 15th!!!

Cats have destroyed the carpets downstairs, so I need to get rid of them and then ban the cats from the basement.

Put down acoustic panels in the basement - July 31st!!

This is a husband and wife project - it's a lot of square feet!

Put down cork floor in the basement - August 31st!!!

Again, an husband and wife project and it's a LOT of square feet!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-02-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #23  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I had this huge filing project that has made an appearance in several of these decluttering threads over the years. I finished it tonight. WOOHOO!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #24  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
I had this huge filing project that has made an appearance in several of these decluttering threads over the years. I finished it tonight. WOOHOO!
That has to feel great! Way to go!!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #25  
Melissa

I worked about three hours on organizing the craft room tonight. Three garbage bags full of stuff out the door for garbage and three garbage bags full for charity pick up tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #26  
persist

Arrow need to move on with this tomorrow

Hello Declutterers

gardenerjoy a big for completing the filing project. Excellent.

love2garden That's a great idea for the journals. I have never been successful at writing day after day in journals. I'm happy you do though and happier that you can access them when you need them. I'll bet your friends are amazed at times!

berryblondeboys Wow! You have a summer full of projects and good changes happening. Post here as you go along. For me it's the only way I can keep focused and on track.

And speaking of this... back to it tomorrow. DH is cranky and it will help if I continue making changes in our environment. Tonight I thought of simly throwing things away. Just really paring it all down to the items I always use and getting rid of the rest. Wonder if I could do that? Seems impossible. Oh well. I will do what I can and wil check back in here tomorrow with my specific list for tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Heading to the closet in a minute to try on pants. If they are too big or too out of style they will go in a bag. I'm going to look for a women's shelter to donate them to. Usually I just head over to Goodwill because it's nearby and easy for me, but many of them would work great for someone.

I also sent an email to my niece to ask if she wanted a few of the mementos. I have some cottages and mini Hummel's that my Dad collected of all things. They are in a box in the closet. They don't take up much room, but aren't worth much any more. If she doesn't want them I'll think further. Since I am driving to Washington in August, I figure if anybody up there wants these small items I will haul them up there. I would hate to get rid of them and find a family member would have liked them.

Okay, on to the closet.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:14 PM   #28  
persist

Karenrn: how did the clothes culling go? I hope to be onto that big time this coming week.

I'm busy this weekend and we are away overnight on Sunday, but tomorrow before we go I'd lime to clean the kitchen=do the dishes and clean the countertops.

Next week I want to free the space in the bedroom up and get the TV working in there.

How's everyone else doing??
Old 06-12-2015, 09:35 PM   #29  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Oh! Just saw this!

I have two big projects I'm still working on. Finished one (getting the gardens in order), half done with one, and yet to start on another. Allllll of them involve decluttering!!!! I have stuff I just don't need or use - including furniture! So, as I do each project, that includes removing all the unneccessary items too!

So - Deadline THIS WEEK - getting the craft room together! 6/7/15
Not done... BOOO!!!

This was a spare bedroom/craft room. I inherited from a retired teacher/crafter a buttload of crafting materials nowhere to put them. And now with my full-time job working with kids and sometimes doing crafts, I've allowed myself a FULL craftroom!

Ripping up the carpet and pads in the basement - June 15th!!! Did it today!!! YAY!!!!

Cats have destroyed the carpets downstairs, so I need to get rid of them and then ban the cats from the basement.

Put down acoustic panels in the basement - July 31st!!

This is a husband and wife project - it's a lot of square feet!

Put down cork floor in the basement - August 31st!!!

Again, an husband and wife project and it's a LOT of square feet!
Behind on the craftroom, on time with ripping up carpet - week was a bit more hectic than planned, but I got SOMETHING done!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:29 AM   #30  
persist

Thumbs up Hello Summer

Well we're at the end of another decluttering thread.

I did not meet my goals and it looks as though I need to keep on this. If you're in the same boat feel free to post in our 2015 Autumnal Equinox thread.

Thanks for reading and posting.
Closed Thread