Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 05:31 AM   #61  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Welcome CheatinVegan

CheatinVegan

And, on the occasion of your first post,

How did you discover the books by Dr. Judith Beck?

And how did you find our Beck forum here on 3 Fat Chicks?
Old 04-07-2015, 05:38 AM   #62  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Tuesday - World Health Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – It was a logistically complicated day. I had to give a 'fasting' blood sample which means that I couldn't have ANYTHING to eat or drink after midnight. Naturally, I chose to arrive when the lab opened its doors. But that squeezed against my scheduled session with a trainer at the gym with consternation for being late as if I were a reluctant child. The solution was easy: I planned to pick up a coffee and muffin at one of the zillion coffee shops near the lab to eat on a subway ride to the gym. In a fit of healthy thinking, I took a container with my morning fruit in my gym bag. Alas, I had to wait 40 minutes at the lab reducing my travel time so much that I had to skip the coffee and muffin - even though it was planned. So CREDIT moi for 100% on plan eating even with only half my breakfast.

And CREDIT moi for a gym session with trainer and two walks. The last walk included the library where I happened to pick up How to Raise a Wild Child by Scott D. Sampson. Even though my kids are grown, I'd like to know how one breaks the lack of outdoor activities by kids.

onebyone – Ouch that allergies are flaring, but Yay for being spared the food pushing dinner. Glad to hear that you've moved out of the fuzzy feeling.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for new recipes.

spanky - Kudos for threading your way through a difficult family situation. I used to buy books for rewards, but finally accepted that all purchased books had to be matched by donated books so that we didn't have to move. I, too, need to work on this.

nationalparker – Will add Buyer and Cellar to my list of shows to see. A walk at 11pm under the full moon sounds so cool. [Jealous of that $0.99 pineapple.]

Karen (karenrn) - Yay for friends who pitch in with meals while you're healing. Ouch for dishes from friends that are, of course, calorie laden.

Violette_R - I have the same problem looking in the gym mirror - perhaps expecting to see Schwarzenegger looking back, LOL. Good luck chasing down your personal stuff.

p.a. - On track and a walk sounds like a good plan for the day - Kudos.

Ani (dailypractice) - Yay for splitting a pizza 3/4 to 1/4 - it's a big step forward to accept that you don't have to share 50-50 in pizza.

CheatinVegan - Yep, it seems like a tight group to break into, but I hope you'll find us welcoming. Kudos for such a powerful start on your Beck strategies. I particularly like, "7) I've packed foods for the road trip tomorrow so that I'll have things other than highway fast food offerings" - it's such a big step forward to accept that even traveling isn't an excuse to eat anything that's sold. Glad that you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:
day 34 Solve Problems

Identify the Problem
To solve a problem, you first have to define it. Sometimes, this is easy: Perhaps your boss put a lot of pressure on you, you bounced a check, or someone made a negative comment about you. Sometimes, the problem isn't so easy to pinpoint. You might notice the emotion but not feel sure about what led to it. Consider asking a friend or your diet coach to help you sort things through.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 232.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:40 AM   #63  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

Welcome CheatinVegan! Safe travels and kudos for posting credits!

BBE, yay for a successful (thought out) strategy to accommodate both bloodwork and gym. Ouch for 40 min. delays.

onebyone, sorry about allergies but seems good you didn't have to encounter your notorious food pusher in your early days of WW.

spanky, I don't eat at my moms Sr. Center, either. I volunteered for awhile and the foods aren't prepared very tasty/healthy.
I have never set "specific" rewards, and now that I'm focusing on maintaining they seem not to apply. I do recognize a new mentality that I have since I've lost the majority of my weight; I try to honor realistic needs in a rewarding way. I used to buy my snow boots at thrift stores. 2 years ago I bought some cute Dansko boots-both stylish and functional. I still notice how great I feel when I pull them out of the closet (and store them away). It is very rewarding. I've also done a lot of work inside my home and a crazy beautiful carpet was a reward 2-1/2 years ago. I did a lot of physical work for that to happen (refinishing old hardwood floors) and my new carpet still reflects the new me. I do yoga and stretching on it. Music is a great reward and I just bought a book online last night.

gardenerjoy, your post reminded my I could always make a simple egg salad at work. I put that on my plan for today. Kudos for measuring!

p.a., yay for back on track and belated hugs as you experienced another holiday without your DH.

curlyjax, often I find that thinking "Beck" can help me in other areas of my life.

nationalparker, neat to get a recumbent bike. I have one in my upstairs and love it. Yay for tracking!

Violette R, I noticed the same mirror dilemma between the bra shop and home. Interesting. Sending you support with personal stuff and kudos for your weight loss!

dailypractice, kudos for a great Easter plan!

karenrn, yay for lots of walking and a positive attitude!

everyone else!

It's my early day at work. Food yesterday was acceptable. I resisted many items at work. I have already gotten spontaneous exercise-hauling trash cans to our curb and vacuuming my upstairs. Scale is up today. It will come back down.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #64  

Morning everyone
Scale is up here to, and going out for lunch today. I've checked the menu and will keep it on plan. The friend has been away all winter so we have lots to catch up on so the focus will be on talking not eating.

Welcome , cheatinvegan!
Debbie I'm with you working on losing the gain from this weekend
Bill Anything to get kids outside I'm all for.
Ani mmmpizza its a trigger food for me. Nothing better then cold pizza for breakfast .

Ok have to get ready, waving at everyone passing through...
Old 04-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 149/147/130

Height: 5'6"

Cool A response when the scale won't budge

Hello Coaches
I’m feeling frustrated and crabby by the scale that won’t budge, even though I’m doing (most of) what I should be doing. I’m trying hard to NOT let the number on the scale affect my mood for the day. I used to have responses at the ready for dealing with the number on the scale, no matter if it was up or down, but can’t remember them right now. Grrrr. I better try composing a response…

Maybe this: “I give myself credit for sticking to the Beck process and for staying on plan. The ‘final outcome’ I work toward is NOT a particular number on the scale, but a strengthening of my “character”, meaning a strengthening of my resistance muscle and a change in habits and adherence to new behaviors and ways of thinking. Kudos on sticking to the plan and taking lightly the number on the scale.”

Cheatin' Vegan Welcome. And kudos to you for getting started and especially for writing advantages. Reading the list of advantages several times a day really helps me. Road trips are a tough time to stay on plan. Wishing you a good one.

Onebyone: Kudos for the tracking and for walking extra on each errand. Great idea. And yay for being on plan. I know what you mean about grey areas being tough. Same here.

Bill: Kudos for 100% on plan eating even though you only got half a breakfast. Yay for the gym session and two walks. I also find there’s a lot for me to learn in books on how to raise or teach children. (sounds like a good book)

Lexxiss (Debbie R) I like your reward idea: permission to (occasionally) buy an item brand new (vs thrift store). Almost everything I wear is from yard sales and thrift stores. That would be a good idea for a reward for me. I like your statement: “Scale is up today. It will come back down.” I need to remember that when I get discouraged.

Wishing everyone an on-plan day,
Ani
Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #66  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Late night last night - didn't get home until after 12:30 and then a quick turnaround for this morning. Main reason in not taking a half day of vacation was a meeting I needed to attend... which was cancelled a few minutes before the scheduled time. Oh well, saved the half vac day.

Food was on track yesterday, despite the night at a sporting event. DH brought home salads for our dinner, but then his stomach was messed up and he skipped it, not wanting to have to find a restroom while walking around downtown. I ate mine quickly so we could zip out, but then he spent another 45 minutes working on the computer, so I rushed for nothing. I bypassed everything at the stadium, credits.

Scale slightly under ticker and thought it'd be up a bit from normal body fluctuations, but pleasantly surprised it's not. I cannot figure out WHY sometimes it's so normal and pleasing to be on track and other times why I fight it so, so much.

DH works tonight and I have errands and chores planned, as well as an early bedtime. I'm hoping to not stray at all, and aim to report back here briefly before hitting the sack so I'm accountable.

Welcome, CheatinVegan! Looking forward to you joining in and helping coach as well!

Ani - I'll echo p.a. - mmmmm pizza That is my favorite and love homemade! I know Lexxiss talks about the factory created foods that folks sometimes bring to events and how unappetizing they are (chemical frosting), etc., and that has also helped me when faced with some temptations. Although the folks where I work seem to only buy fresh bakery things ha ha!

Bill - Your morning recap had me stressing for you, timewise. I am way too locked in on time for certain things. Credit for your preplanning, trainer session and walks.

Goal for tonight or tomorrow night - haul out yoga mat and put in yoga dvd and do it for just a few minutes. It's been too long since i've enjoyed yoga and even remembering the poses is a challenge.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #67  
Green Tomatoes

We've been tracking a severe thunderstorm all morning and it's just about to hit us -- it has a history of producing golf-ball sized hail. It just got very dark outside. Looks like night.

My cooking experiment last night was a success! CREDIT for trying something new and healthy and appropriate for late winter / early spring when our normal menus don't quite seem to cut it.

CREDIT for two hours of heavy yard work in advance of rain and storms in the prediction for the rest of the week.

WI: -0.4 kg, Exercise: +120 280/1300 minutes for April, Food: 90% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Welcome, CheatinVegan! You're off to a tremendous start. Travel is a challenge -- good for you for tackling it right from the beginning!

dailypractice: my pedometer was very motivating when it was new. That effect disappeared over time, so now I set goals around it and that's made it relevant again. I'm aiming for 21 days of 8000 steps or more each month. Sometimes, I'll walk in place while fixing supper or around the house before bed when I'm close enough to my goal that I think I'll make it.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Last day of traveling so I have not checked the scale in four days. I am dreading the scales number tomorrow which is no good. I use to travel with my scale. Maybe I should try that again.

Easter was a new tradition for us. For the last ten years I have hosted a huge buffet and hunt for both sides of the family. At the event's zenith, we hid twenty-four basket's worth of eggs. But with the family strife of last summer, I said "No more" and released myself from the task. So last Sunday found just the three of us up in the snowy mountains. Snow on Easter is unheard of here in California. We appreciated the quality time together but we also had a sense of loss because my son is no longer a little boy. His cousins are now having the babies. With change comes new joys but also a fear those changes won't be enough. My sponsor use to say we are only afraid of two things: Losing something we had or not getting something we want. I think that is where I am this morning.

This emotion was certainly punctuated by the awful yesterday of a funeral for the 48 year old woman I knew. The family is Lebanese and very traditional. The grief at the grave site was something before which I had never witnessed: the mother wailing for her lost daughter, the daughters wailing over the lost of their mother. The greatest gift we brought to the reception was our son who played with the grieved children. An impromptu basketball tourni and a game of Battleship was balm.

The food was also traditional and beautiful and I let go of restrictions which was fine until I came home. Then I faced the hideous diet mentality of "I better eat something forbidden because I have to get back on the wagon the next morning." It was disappointing that I found the compulsion again so soon.

This morning has been on plan. I am going to be gentle with myself - stick to 7-12-6 meal times, no wheat and then accept the scale tomorrow. Knowing myself, if I try to restrict too much today to "make up" for the weekend, I'll never get back on track.

Personals tomorrow when I am back at homebase.

Last edited by maryann; 04-07-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #69  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Today is my first day with no pain medication and although I'm a little more sore, it is fine so far. I got out for a walk this morning for an hour, credit. Food needs to get a little better for sure. A friend brought over a big batch of very healthy soup and that will be lunch for several days. Lots of healthy veggies.

Maryann Sounds like a couple of rough days, especially yesterday. Life is short and sometimes way too short. Good for you for getting back on track and knowing that being too restrictive isn't the answer.

Gardenerjoy I hope you aren't getting golf ball sized hail. My last car was destroyed by that . . . in Scottsdale, AZ if you can imagine. What was your cooking experiment? DH made a roasted chicken last night. Together we are adding to the menu of dishes he can prepare.

Nationalparker Weight under ticker is a great thing. With Spring here and more light I'm finding I want a little less comfort food and a little more veggies. Good for you bypassing the stadium food. I find I can pass it up for one thing because it is so expensive and I'm frugal.

Ani Here's hoping the scale moves before you get too frustrated. I must admit I can't quite get to seeing the number as just data. I mostly weight about 4 times a week and not on the days I know I'm retaining water.

p.a. Have a wonderful lunch with your friend. I'm sure the visit will be the highlight, not the food.

Lexxis Sounds like you've done well with reward selections. I need to do something worth rewarding instead of just putzing along like I do.

BBE 100% on plan and now exercising with a trainer, great job.

Onebyone I hope your on plan day goes well and is just the beginning of a string of them. Heck I hope that for me too.

CheatinVegan Welcome! It sounds as if you're off to a great start.

Violette R Thinking of you and hoping for better.

No plans for the day cause I just wasn't sure how I would be feeling, but it is better than expected. Also they are resurfacing our street today. I have a book on tape I'm listening to while walking and I may just listen to it today and hope I don't fall asleep.

Have a great day all of you!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #70  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday's "Hunger Monitoring" project went well. It really DID help to wait 20 minutes and re-asses before taking seconds on the homemade chili. By the time the 20 min. had passed, my mind was on to other things and the cup I'd had was almost too much. So--credit for doing that.

While reading along in the book, I was struck by the proposition that if I'd been given a bottle of antibiotics to take daily until they were gone to rid myself of an infection, I would certainly do so, and finish the course of medication even after symptoms seemed to be gone.

Dr. Beck implied that it was the same with the Beck program and I'm going to try to "take the full course" of the techniques instead of picking and choosing the ones I like. And keep doing it daily until I reach maintenance.

Today I'm on the plan I made and enjoying my new Bossa Nova album I got myself for completing a week on the program. Already eyeing the Gilberto album "Chega de Saudade" as a reward if I make it through this week (!)

All the best to everyone, and Welcome to "Cheatin'V"!

Last edited by spanky; 04-07-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #71  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up not a real subject line

TheCoaches:

I've been pfutzing around all morning. "I should have already had that done by now," is the refrain going round and round in my head. Yeah, well, whatever is my brilliant response. After I send this I will get to work and it will all get done.

My friend and I have ironed out even the small details of her quick trip here this weekend. It'll be good to see her. DH, my friend, and I will spend a nice evening downtown. We can find some interesting place to go. She lives in northern Ontario and so the variety we have here is always an exciting thing for out of towners. Makes it kind of easy actually. Except for the traffic. That's always awful.

Foodwise/program wise I stepped on the scale this morning *credit* to see 277.1. So, it's going down. I have used all my daily points and all my weekly points and earned some activity points so that loss should be a real one. I truly look forward to being lower than 270. Soon! Puhleaze let it be soon! I am, honestly, fed up with my size. I have said that before, have felt that before, and it was true then and is true today. For today I am on plan and enjoying it. *credit* for following a plan and for planning. I have faithfully tracked everyday as well. *credit*

maryann CREDIT to you for making a plan and being flexible within your daily plans. As I see it, there is nothing to be "made up for" given that you made conscious decisions around food. You did not go off track driven by your addiction/emotions/desires for extra food. You shared in the grief of a family you are a part of through your connection to the woman who died. My deepest condolences.

gardenerjoy Oh I sure hope the storm misses you. Is this a sign, though, that Spring has arrived? Are these "spring storms"? Kudos for heavy yardwork. I have mine in front of me. I am super wary given the state of my right hand's thumb and now the left is acting up. grrr.

nationalparker I'm going to join you in setting an exercise goal for the day: wii fit walking game - can't even remember the name it's been so long LOL! 10 minutes worth. I will update this post with my accomplishment. Thanks for the motivation.

dailypractice When the scale gets to me I remind myself that it is simply measuring the force of gravity on my body. Experts say I'd weigh less on the moon or on Mars, I think more on Jupiter or Saturn! We have a lot of water sloshing around inside of us, so, like the tides, I expect to fluctuate. And when I am NOT Zen enough to think these thoughts, I know that those days when it really really gets to me are days where I am being TESTED and they are almost always followed by a drop. Kind of like a "Yeah, you say you want this, how badly do you really want this weightloss?" If I give in, I stall, often for a week or two. If I stay the course, I get the reward cause I/You are doing everything right. And if it really really bugs you, a lot, don;t step on the scale for a while. Choose to measure you success/progress in different ways for a while. From this side of the computer screen you look to be doing well! Kudos.

p.a. I am glad you're seeing your friend and you'll be doing catch up! I look forward to that with my friend this weekend as well. Credit for checking out the menu of the restaurant where you two will be meeting. This is Beck at its finest! Kudos.

Lexxiss Continued Credits and Kudos for fitting your Beck ways into your day! Excellent job saying no to the work food. You sound happy and centered. Yay!

BillBlueEyes
Quote:
*snip* ... so much that I had to skip the coffee and muffin - even though it was planned.
This is the type of situation that leads me to disaster sometimes. If I PLAN it then I CAN HAVE IT and even though I may have substituted due to circumstances I am still ENTITLED TO HAVE IT just cause I had planned it. That's what my mind does with a situation like that. So Mucho Creditos Hombre for feeling satisfied with the choices you made. Fantastic. This is why you have YEARS of OPness. It ain't an accident!

Ok going now.

Q. Did I exercise today? no. I did not.

Last edited by onebyone; 04-07-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #72  

Height: 5' 2"

Even planning can have limits. We went to sample the West Virginia Greenbrier cooking yesterday as we took DD's paintings to an Art Gallery. The rainbow trout and kale with onions is always so good, then I had to have the fried green tomatoes to make a complete mountain meal.

The Greenbrier Hotel is noted for it's excellent Chefs and accommodations that even attract Presidents. Don't want to stay there but in past have noted the gardens are beautifu!

DD's paintings were held up as we planned to leave for lunch, but frames weren't quite dry, and wires to support the paintings had to be put on, and on and on.

We didn't eat because we were leaving "in a minute." By almost 5:00 PM we finally ate the first meal of the day and certainly were beyond hungry.

Today, back home, the landscapers came to trim our huge old Maple that shades South/west part of our home to make it comfortable each summer. That poor old tree has 7 steel cables and a lightening rod to keep it intact. Each summer we get to keep it, we celebrate.

Welcome, CheatinVegan This is a friendly and supportive group that puts up with those of us who don't check in daily as we should. I've learned a lot from Beck's books, and also from the experiences of those who share their lives here.

As we take care of ourselves, our decisions are different. Perhaps some family members miss our old selves, but they will have to adjust.

Loved the idea of rewarding a decent weight loss with books. Bill your reminder that if a book comes in (book lovers never recognize too much) a book must also be passed on. I finished the book I bought yesterday and will take it to our Bible group to see if anyone there enjoys fossils as much as I do and would enjoy Homer Hickman's mystery.

Hope those of you in the midwest are safe from the storms that threaten, or perhaps are already hitting.

I enjoyed hearing of family of 3 enjoying the mountain snow instead of the traditionaL family gathering with lots and lots of work and expectations that are hard to continue to meet.

We had two of our 4 adult children with us for Easter Mass and then out to eat Asian food. We will be with a larger group of our family in two weeks celebrating the birthday of one of our tiny family members. We go to Toy's r Us Thursday to find a toy he would like yet one with some true play value.

In college, one of my term papers was on testing play value of children's toys. I keep toys of all ages that meet those better values in our Hall closet for visitors. Blocks never fail to fascinate many children, for example.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 149/147/130

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Just the mention of food ...

Hello Coaches

I’m curious if the mention of certain “trigger” foods makes it more difficult for you to adhere to your plan. I ask because recently I’d mentioned pizza in my post and two people replied that for them, it was a trigger food. I’d feel really bad if my mentioning a particular food were to cause one of you to go off plan.

I used to post on an Overeaters Anonymous forum where the rule was not to mention “trouble” food. But if you absolutely had to, you’d give a warning in the title of the post “Food mentioned”. The idea being that just the mention of certain foods could play havoc.

An example of this affecting me is the cover of the book “The End of Overeating” by David Kessler. This is an excellent book, extremely valuable. But the cover has a photo of carrot cake!!! What?? Seriously?

Yes.

Everytime I’d pick up that book, (which took me quite a while to read, it’s so worth it to absorb every point), my mind would go bonkers. I was trying to get my mind focused on healthy habits but all I could think of was CAKE. I want CAKE. Dr. Kessler says that the reason he wrote the book was that he noticed he had a problem when he’d be at a meeting, and here he was an MD supposedly paying attention to the discussion, when in fact all he could think about was the plate of cookies on the the table. It drove him nuts. That he could be so distracted. He, who he believed should be above such things… He became so interested in this addicted-like behavior he was exhibiting that he became inspired to research and write the book about the food industry and their systematic effort to make truckloads of money off people by manufacturing food to be more and more and more delectable every year.

Excellent book, if you haven’t read it. But tape something over the pornographic cover so you don’t have to fight a valiant fight every time you pick it up.

I’m curious how this affects you all? And if it’d be any easier if we didn’t mention yummy delights.

P/A: Kudos for checking the menu before going to the restaurant. I’ve never done that but should.

Nationalparker: Yay for on track food and scale under ticker. Yes, factory fake food is sure easier to resist than fresh bakery baked. Kudos on yoga.

GardenerJoy: Yay on the new recipe was a success. Glad to hear the pedometer was motivating for awhile. I’m at the beginning so it’s still a novelty. When it gets old, I’ll have to try some of your perk-it-up ideas.

Maryann: Oh, what a tough weekend you’ve had, several types of grief one atop the other. How wise to hear you say “I am going to be gentle with myself”.

Karen: A big batch of healthy soup sounds wonderful. And thanks so much for saying that you wish the scale goes down for me before I get too frustrated. (How I love the positive support on this group. Where else in life do you find someone wishing a wish like that for you.)(smile)

Spanky: Inspiring to hear that your "Hunger Monitoring" project went well. And the hint that waiting 20 minutes and re-assessing really DOES help. And glad you are enjoying the rewards of your diligent efforts.

Onebyone: Hurray that the scale went down. And I love the energy behind your saying “For today I am on plan and enjoying it”. I appreciate your sharing your idea to think of weight on Saturn or Mars LOL. And to find ways besides the scale to measure progress. Thanks for that.

Valkyrie1 Hope you’re having a good day.

lovetogarden Sounds like a nice Easter get-together and another one to look forward to. Cool tradition you have finding toys with great "play value" (sound like an interesting area of study).

Last edited by dailypractice; 04-07-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #74  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Ani - I feel like food will always be around us, so just someone mentioning food should not derail me. Bring on the pizza! No, seriously, I think that is something that I will have to work through, because I know I'll be surrounded by all sorts of scrumptious food for the rest of my life.

Had to report tonight that I did not get my yoga mat out and do yoga, but I did however, get on the floor and do various exercises off and on throughout the course of the evening... Each time joined by a too enthusiastic dog.

Stayed on track with my food . The meal I had planned to make I did not like once it was made...i had looked forward to it. So put it for DHs dinner tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #75  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – I so need both new walking shoes and new knock-about shoes. Brick and mortar shoe stores are hard to find these days. It's just stupid to walk for an hour in shoes whose support has long worn out. I tried to buy the EXACT same pair that I'm wearing on Amazon but found negative reviews that the quality had plummeted. WARNING TMI: when I get my eternal reward, I intend to wear NO clothes so that I don't have to shop. Won't even have to go to the free dispensary for a fitting. Get used to it.

Eating was 100% on-plan, CREDIT moi. The scale jittered up 3 pounds yesterday and jittered back down today. I suppose that I don't really mind the up ticks since the down ticks give me such joy as if I've done something. Walk, CREDIT moi, was normal with an umbrella in my brief case, unopened and unused. Later, it was drizzly so that I could moan that I'm not the kind of guy who goes shopping for shoes in the rain.

onebyone – LOL at "pfutzing around" - sometimes that's what's needed. Congrats for using your Weight Watchers terminology to describe your week's eating.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Frightening thought, "golf-ball sized hail." Kudos for two hours of yard work.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Spoken like a sane person, "It will come back down."

maryann - Such a poignant reminder that life moves forward. Kudos for taking care of yourself with "No more."

spanky - Thanks for the reminder that we need to take the full course of the Beck strategies.

nationalparker – On the other hand, a cancelled meeting is like a gift. LOL that food that you don't like goes to your DH's dinner.

Karen (karenrn) - Yay for a day without your pain meds and Yay again for having a friend who brought you good veggie soup.

love2garden - Love hearing how much work you've put into saving your beloved Maple Tree. May it shade your house for years to come. I can imagine that you had real hunger when your first meal was delayed until 5:00 pm.

p.a. - You remind me of one of the things I miss about having young kids in the house, "Nothing better then cold pizza for breakfast." Of course, as they got older, I never found any leftovers in the fridge at all, LOL. Super Kudos for checking the menu before heading to a restaurant.

Ani (dailypractice) - Yep, Kudos for sticking to your plan and letting your body choose its weight at its own good pace. I have no idea why a guy as smart as David Kessler put a carrot cake on the cover of “The End of Overeating” - it bugged me. So glad for your suggestion to cover it over.

Readers -
Quote:
day 34 Solve Problems

Identify the Problem

Once you've defined the problem, be sure to identify the negative thoughts running through your mind. Then use the Seven Question Technique to respond to your negative thoughts.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 232.
Closed Thread