Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Super excited that I can change my ticker down another pound. So that is four pounds since January. Another credit is continuing to increase my exercise. This includes a commitment to yoga/pilates. I continue to prove to myself that if I get wheat out of my diet, the scale moves down. I think I have to look on it like I would look on an allergy to peanuts, antibiotics, strawberries. I can endure the negative effects of the sensitivity but why am I putting myself through that? In my case it is self will run riot. I want what I want when I want it. Thank goodness for the advantage cards that remind me I want peace with food more than anything else. I want acceptance of what is so I can stop battling everything. I want to wear the pretty clothes I bought for my goal weight last year. I want to begin menopause with grace, dignity and health.

So a good morning. Food Planned. Walk planned. Quiet time to prep food planned.

BBE: The phone checkins are tricky for my clumsy thumbs but they get the job done.

gardenerjoy: Good Luck on the last day goal for exercise. I find that these small pushes to a mid term goal are very helpful. They keep me moving forward.

Violette: We have written many times on this blog about the ridiculous fact of how little we can eat to just maintain weight. It is absurd when one looks at any restaurant and see what people are calling a meal. But then most people are overweight and I don't want that. Beck talks about the ability to say "Oh Well" and move on. I have really appreciated that tool.

Last edited by maryann; 02-28-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #197  

Height: 5' 2"

Violette 1,200 calories is really a horrible barrier! Sympathy offered. I struggle at way more than that. How do you handle getting sufficient nutrition?

Credit: Reading Beck's Green book and making new cards.
Credit: Following the food plan DH and I worked out last night.
Credit: He cooks and has agreed to help by planning with me the night before so I can write it down and follow it. Helps him, too.

Problem: My weight not only is higher, it is the highest ever!!! Thank goodness my first thought was NOT to give up.

I calmly dressed, and went to read Beck and the cards I've made. No way will I let this defeat me. I shall reach the goal I set for end of February but instead it will be at the end of March, plus the extra almost 2 pounds I gained.

Bill we really do miss you when you can't be here. I agree that it is so much easier to respond when on computer, and so difficult on the tiny phone.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:42 AM   #198  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the March 2015 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread