Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #151  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Have had busier day than I wanted/anticipated. I still have about two hours' work to do - DH is relaxing and downloading audiobooks on the MP3 for the drive and so I had to check in and get off my feet for a bit. I've found a few that aren't on audio so I've threatened/offered to download the kindle book and read it to him on the drive. His reponse? "Um. Oh. Ok." and then furiously returning to searching for good nonfiction audiobooks. We'll have quite the diverse options. Made the lasagna for tomorrow's dinner, finished up the wrapping and double baking biscotti, iced the cutout cookies and finished laundry. I am pulling for takeout pizza from a small local joint for dinner, along with salad. Scale is up ... despite trying to keep two meals completely OP. Up until close to 3 a.m. about five hours too late for me

Have a wonderful holiday to all who celebrate!

Bill - your morning sounds just wonderful. I am going to aim for that tomorrow morning. I think I need some calm. Peace.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:30 AM   #152  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday - Christmas Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. Always an opportunity to wish for more peace for all on the planet.

Ended up making a run for rolls to make sandwiches from the expected leftover roast beef. It wasn't a surprise to find that Whole Foods was chaos squared. People were fighting for the breads from the bins on the wall as if starvation was neigh. A fun dinner happened for a table of eight - the type of lively conversation that leads to laughter on top of laughter. Major opening of presents happens today when the kids return. My job is to get the 'Santa' gifts under the tree before they arrive at 9:30 - so different from when they'd wake us pre-dawn as little kids. And I have to fill the stockings- my favorite part.

CeeJay - Wishing you well on your "Starting over:" It's never too late to look forward.

nationalparker – Reading to each other while driving is just the best. I've never done an audio book; it's on my Bucket List. I have a relative who couldn't stand her high pressure job if she didn't have an audio book to calm her down on the commute home.

flnu - Kudos for "getting back to conscientiousness" - it's so good to be reminded that there's always a way back.

Readers -
Quote:
day 29 Resist Food Pushers

what are you thinking?
What's your reaction to my story? If you're like Julie (pages 208-209), perhaps some of these sabotaging thoughts entered your mind. If so, pay close attention to the responses. . . .

Sabotaging Thought: I have to please others by eating, no matter what the cost is to me.
Helpful Response: I have to work toward my goal, especially since the cost to others is momentary and minor. My not eating won't spoil their entire year. It's good for me to say no.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 212.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!!

Old 12-25-2014, 02:26 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

I hope you all are having / have had a good day. I just wanted to touch base and say that I have been lurking with intent and will be back in a few days to knuckle down and do better at this eating game. I have loved reading your holiday plans and wish everyone well

Old 12-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #155  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Hope all who celebrated Christmas had a good day! I am ready for the constant food events to taper off, but I have kept tracking calories, so credit! Tuesday I took an impromptu walk when I noticed a walking trail by the grocery store - credit. My impulse is to snack my way through the anxiety of one of my packages not making it to the client in time for Christmas. I dropped two packages for the same client into the mail bin, and one was scanned, picked up and delivered on Monday, but the other only indicated I had created a label for it. Finally, yesterday afternoon it got scanned in Orlando and is supposedly in transit all day today. But this the first time this has happened, for which I am thankful!
Old 12-26-2014, 12:42 AM   #156  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

A good day for us, but NOT wise eating choices on my part. Went overboard saying oh well...will be hard to rein myself in. I worry that I'm completely off the rails.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #157  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi coaches!

I had planned a longer post but my ancient laptop is installing updates and taking forever. I'm back on my phone to check in. Yesterday wasn't the greatest food day, but I was expecting that. No weigh in, either, as the scale I use over here is in our athletic club which was closed yesterday. Fortunately, I have a plan for today and I have already put the last quarter of a pumpkin pie in the compost recognizing that my hubby is not eating it and if I leave it on the counter I probably will. Credit.

I already have a plan formulated for reigning in my eating which starts tomorrow. I will, however, be mindful today.The scale has gone up during this holiday time and I have found it easiest in prior years to just get to it and take it back off. I am going to travel back over the hill by myself on Saturday which means that I'm going to have a little more freedom and flexibility to add some exercise in, as well.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-26-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #158  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday - Boxing Day - Kwanzaa Begins

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Christmas day was splendid. We did our usual present opening as a group with witty or fun comments all around. DD was thrilled to receive as her first gift - an Ikea blue carry bag (sells for $0.79) like the one she'd seen her brother using the day before and declared how much she needed one. Santa had raced down to his basement and found one that looked sorta unused, smoothed it carefully, and wrapped it for her. I got four kinds of homemade soup from my DS and his SO. Took a family walk, CREDIT moi, for an hour afterward; the path was crowded - seems that everyone had the same idea.

Eating could have been worse, but felt that I did some damage control. Lunch was leftover roast beef on a small sour dough roll. Life can't get better than that. We've managed to keep candy from coming to the house, but cookies and baked goods crept in. It cost me several plastic containers to get most of it carried home by guests.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – So good to hear that you've been "lurking with intent" - suggesting that you're alive and well down under. Do love seeing your 50.2 pounds lost signature.

nationalparker – You're here; you're on the rails. Ready to mush forward.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Yay for the delivery services taking care of your package. I continue to be impressed with their performance just before Christmas. I even received a book sent without priority that I expected to receive after the new year. Kudos for taking that spontaneous walking trail.

Mountain Mamma - Thanks for the cheers.

Readers -
Quote:
day 29 Resist Food Pushers
.......Once I firmly believe I'm
entitled to say no to food pushers,
.........dieting will be easier.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 212.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Merry Day after Xmas. Santa came so we all must have been good to some degree. Spent the morning with the three of us which is always precious time then traveled into the crowd. Credit for weighing on Christmas day - two pounds from ticker. Food was not stellar but I didn't make my self sick and I have hope for today. We are facing three more days of holidaying including a baby brunch I am throwing. My goals for today are a nice walk and a big salad for lunch.

Good Luck good luck with re-entry to "normal" too quick a return could lead to the bends.

Last edited by maryann; 12-26-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #160  

Height: 5' 2"

Good walk outside (50 deg) and sunshine, too. CREDIT! Not hungry since good veggie omelet earlier, CREDIT Weighed in and have less gain than feared, CREDIT. Planning for 2015 to make it better.

Maryann, next is the good salad as you planned.

Curleypudge, Count me in for your organizing/decluttering thread.

1x1, Your second screen printing class sounded like a success and a relief. Will you continue with these classes?

Debbie, you succeeded in a plan all year (protein powder) and I recognized that I list too many things to change each year. Will choose only 2 for 2015

Bill, Your solitude in early dark morning with only tree lights brought back many Christmas Eve memories to me. We would go to Midnight Mass as a family, come home and get very sleepy kids to bed. DH and I would bring out presents for under the tree then he would sack out.

I then would dress for outside, walk the safe neighborhood to see Christmas lights and walk off stress. When I got home I would sit in room with only lighted tree and feel so happy.

Hope to check in here more often from now on.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #161  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon coaches,

I have been reading daily, but haven't made the time for personals, nor will I today. I've got some chores to do before honey comes home from work. I've had exercise every day, credit. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day it was just hour long or a little more walks on the nearby paved paths. Today I got out and did Bell Pass so that felt great. Food was less than stellar. I journaled but I'm sure it was not as accurate as usual. I'm glad to be back to control and no company until New Year's Eve. I'll weigh on Monday morning to give myself a couple of days to get at least the water weight off. I don't feel bad, so I'm hoping it isn't too bad.

Count me in for the organizing/decluttering thread too. I was able to pass on my Dad's World War II flight annuals to my brother and he'll also take a stamp collection on his next trip down. I also sent a few items to my other brother and his wife. Old records out of one of the family Bibles that my sister in law will be glad to have. She is the family genealogist.

I learned on this visit from brother and his wife that they will likely keep the rental home they own here once her daughter and son in law move out, to use for a few months each winter. I'll love having them here. They are 4-5 years younger than I am and always glad to be active with me. My brother thinks it is ugly here and compared to Washington State in a way it is, but the weather makes up for it a good portion of the year. As I tell him, it is a different kind of beautiful.

I'm getting very excited and doing more research and reading and watching documentaries about the Wonderland Trail and the John Muir Trail. Now I have to figure out when I can hike them and with whom. Sometimes I think I have a one tract mind and right now it is hiking.

As Maryann says, Good luck to all of us resuming to normal.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #162  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post almost there

Coaches

An abbreviated phone check in before I turn in. Decent Xmas at MIL with SIL and spouse making an appearance. 3/4 events completed. Last one is DH cousin drop-in. So waiting for that to pass.

All the presents I made were very appreciated which was good. Made DH two t-shirts onto which I silkscreened internet memes: face palm and we've got a badass here. I'll let you use the google to discover the world of the internet meme if this is new to you. DH lives by them.

The painting for MIL brought tears to her eyes which was moving. Can't ask more as an artist now can you? And SIL and BIL spontaneously hugged me for theirs. All is well.

Best unexpected gift was DH announcing he's going back on the no carb low carb foodplan. Yay I say. He'll lose his weight again in half the time it takes me, but it will surely help me a lot to get rid of excess carbs as well.

Credit for weighing in.On the 24th I was up to 280.2. The 25th I was 279.8. Really I thought it was much worse but I am back up to the high end of my high end, the place where I truly start to feel unwell. Change is a comin'.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #163  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Tracked food, credit. Declined home fries at breakfast, credit. Tomorrow DH and I plan to take a walk in the warm weather. The package. In limbo was delivered today, but no word from the client as to whether the stained glass is in one piece after 7 days in transit. . .

Onebyone - Silkscreen shirts are such a great gift!
Old 12-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #164  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Really dumb: I had several financial transactions to complete before end of year, so scheduled them for the day after Christmas to make the phone calls. Apparently, so did everyone else on the planet with an account at Fidelity. Waiting on the line was bad enough, but I had to hear every 60 seconds how sorry there were that I was waiting. When the agent finally got on the line he said, "Wow, you've been waiting a long time." <facepalm!> CREDIT moi for staying calm. Got everything done. Next year I'll do end-of-year stuff a little earlier.

Exercise was dancing, CREDIT moi. It was a jolly crowd wearing clothes left over from holiday celebrations. Normally I skip the snack table, but I fell for some homemade stuff folks brought in from their celebrations.

onebyone – Yay for the validation of your art work being appreciated - Congrats for taking the risk to put yourself out that way. Neat look ahead, "Change is a comin'."

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Super Kudos for ditching that pumpkin pie with the honest awareness that you'd eat it if it sat visible. This is the reminder I need right now, "I will, however, be mindful today."

maryann - LOL, thanks for the excuse: If I return to normal too quickly I'll get the bends. Nice walk and a big salad sounds like a plan.

Karen (karenrn) - If you're going to focus, hiking is so much better a topic than food. Kudos for continuing to put in your hiking miles.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Yay for a package that finally arrived. On Christmas Eve, I received a used book that I'd designated for low-cost, slow shipping. It, apparently, just got caught up in the frenzy. Kudos for planned walks.

love2garden - Love your story of walking in the city after dark and sitting by your tree. Kudos for a forward vision, "Planning for 2015 to make it better."

Readers -
Quote:
day 30 Stay in Control When Eating Out

When you go to a restaurant, family gathering, holiday celebration, or other special event, you'll encounter lots of triggers: the sight and smell of food, people eating and drinking, people offering you food and drink, a festive atmosphere. Many people apply special eating and drinking rules to special occasions. They give themselves permission to indulge.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 214.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Been lurking & now just checking in. Power outages etc. have diminished computer time. Electronic withdrawal DT's. Walking every day - eating food gifts every day, too - but hanging in there.

lexxis - nice to see you back. How's that new doggy doing?
maryann - 'lead to the bends'
Love2garden - what a lovely image!
BBE - Foodwise, always allow a little slack for homemade stuff. It's only once a year!
karen - yes it is a 'different kind of beautiful!' It took me a long time to 'see' beauty in different landscapes!
1x1 - how nice your hard work was so appreciated! And happy for you DH is going back on plan!!
Nuxmaga - wonderful you are able to track calories at this time!
gosfordgirl - glad to see you back!
nationalparker - don't feel bad - we all have to get back on track!

We know you're out there, Gardenerjoy! And Silverbirch! And everyone else!!!
Closed Thread