Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

The biggest project that I am procrastinating at the moment is cleaning out my fridge. *shudder*

Great seeing everyone making some head way on their projects! Inspiring
Old 06-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #17  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Got this one done: "I'm procrastinating on getting rid of a single bed and mattress." It's gone to a noble cause via someone else's truck.

One down, two to go.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 253/240/150

Height: 5'5"

I am procrastinating on finishing book one of a you g adult fantasy series I plan to market to a publisher as soon as I can finish and base edit book one and get a good start on book two.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #19  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up need to keep going

Hello Participants!

My tend-to-it list includes:
#1 Priority= the list of stuff the accountant wants from us
-the year 2010 = DH territory
-current DH forms
-our signatures on a PDF form that needs to be sent back to her
-a long neglected financial account needs to be tended to
-school receipts DONE and in the mail to me *credit*

#2 DEADLINE July 7th= clear out back room so my sister can sleep over while she is in town next week if she wants to
-put clothes away = sort them and then give them away
-put artwork away
-straighten room up so it looks "normal"
-make sure there is clean bedding for her
-make sure there are clean towels for her

My EVERLOVING QUEST to have a clutter free normal house includes these steps:

#3 Art Storage Locker
-organize locker better so I can add to its contents with the stuff from home
-pack extra stuff into watertight containers so they can go to MIL storage unit
as an alternative
Old 06-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebyone View Post
Hello Participants!

My tend-to-it list includes:
#1 Priority= the list of stuff the accountant wants from us
-the year 2010 = DH territory
-current DH forms
-our signatures on a PDF form that needs to be sent back to her
-a long neglected financial account needs to be tended to
-school receipts DONE and in the mail to me *credit*

#2 DEADLINE July 7th= clear out back room so my sister can sleep over while she is in town next week if she wants to
-put clothes away = sort them and then give them away
-put artwork away
-straighten room up so it looks "normal"
-make sure there is clean bedding for her
-make sure there are clean towels for her

My EVERLOVING QUEST to have a clutter free normal house includes these steps:

#3 Art Storage Locker
-organize locker better so I can add to its contents with the stuff from home
-pack extra stuff into watertight containers so they can go to MIL storage unit
as an alternative
Woot! That looks so nice and organized! Great!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #21  
Super Moderator

Second of my three completed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
I'm procrastinating on getting rid of a single bed and mattress. Previously reported as DONE

I'm procrastinating installing a new vent fan in the 3rd floor bathroom. Just finallized the last vent connection to the roof. The vent through the roof had been installed with the flapper plate secured shut so that it would never open to pass air - that was the last step to fix. DONE.

I'm procrastinating three minor plumbing issues because I'm not fond of plumbers.

All need to be done by summer.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #22  
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
I'm procrastinating on getting rid of a single bed and mattress. Previously Reported DONE

I'm procrastinating installing a new vent fan in the 3rd floor bathroom. Previously Reported DONE

I'm procrastinating three minor plumbing issues because I'm not fond of plumbers. Three are DONE - the last by the plumber who just left.

All need to be done by summer.
I discovered a fourth plumbing issue that I'm halfway to completion. This can wait a few weeks to deal with other life issues.

Yay for this thread to serve as support.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Yay BBE! I was pretty tired when I got home from work but you inspired me to stay standing and complete my most procrastinated project.

I had seven miniblinds which were left from the rental project that we completed on March 1. They were absolutely filthy from the previous renters. I had tried to string them up in my shower and wash them in the upstairs bathroom to no avail. I did complete two or three but ended up breaking one. They had ended up sitting out on the front porch all tangled up because they were too dirty to even bring in the house. I got out the hose and cleared a place on the sidewalk. I set them out one at a time and soaps them scrubbed them and cleaned them. I hung them individually on my sweet pea fence to dry. After each one was dry-I somehow got each one pulled tight where I then secured each one with a large rubber band and took the strings and tied them each with twist ties. It took me over two hours but they are all done. Credit. I haven't decided if I'll take them back up to the rental and hang them or if I will store them inside plastic bags in my basement. Whatever I deside at this point, they are finally clean and in order.
Btw, these were far from being mini. Several were 5-6 ft long, specially made for very large windows in an old train depot which my family turned into a rental many years ago. They were too valuable to just dispose of. Thank goodness they are done!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-22-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #24  
persist

Default Task: write a letter and send an email

Lexxiss great work getting those blinds looked after. I can imagine how tedious they would have been to do and yet how satisfying now that they are done.

And BillBlueEyes great work also finishing off your summer to-do list in the mid-summer!

I'm still procrastinating on those taxes and so I will try to answer some of the accountant's questions in the morning before breakfast and press send on the email before the day gets going. It's an email that's been on my daily to do list for a few days now.

TASK: email accountant by the end of tomorrow July 22
AND write a letter ending my gym membership and drop it off.

Last edited by onebyone; 07-22-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:22 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

Autumnal Equinox is on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 (in 29 days). So, that means we actually have 28 days left to accomplish some procrastinated projects this summer.

I've been reading at night, and while I didn't have any great awakenings from "The Happiness Project", byGretchenRubin, I did find a quote I really liked.
"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules"-AnthonyTrollope

Gretchen says, "By doing a little bit each day, you can get a lot accomplished. We tend to overestimate how much we can accomplish in an hour or a week and underestimate how much we can accomplish in a month or a year, by doing just a little bit each day."

I've found that to be so true, as I've continued to take on the daily ritual of working on my home "just a little bit."

I've also been crossing items off my summer list:
~clean out the vehicle-Done
~clean out the gutters-Done
~get all the dead wood out of the yard(given to a neighbor)-Done

My big one which I could have never done at one time was to tackle many years of accumulated weed/soil at the base of my cement wall which meets the street. It was such a daunting task and DH did not give one indication of willingness to help. It required moving all the soil to another location.
I came up with a plan for dumping the dirt "up the creek". I committed myself to 2 5 gal buckets on the way to work each day. (Many days I did extra). Saturday morning I was getting to the final 8 ft and since it was my day off, I just kept going, hauling 14 buckets.

It is done.

I haven't formally made a list for specific projects but have decided that this year I will keep working in the yard as long as weather permits. This Spring I was so in the mood to build new flower beds, etc, yet I had so much catching up to do that I spent 9/10th of my time weeding and cutting out stuff that should have been tackled in the fall. My plan is to continue to do just a little bit every day.

Anyone else!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh my, I'm late to the game, but I have a list a mile long of things I've been putting off, and really need t get done before October. I was just thinking this morning that I need to just spend 15 minutes every day doing something on the list...when I think of trying it all at once, it's overwhelming and I just go lay on the couch, lol. I'm in, lol.

Some of the things I need to accomplish before October:

Clean off my spare bed

Clean out the closet in the spare room

Clean out the drawers in the spare room

Clean off the dresser in the spare room

Do months of accumulated laundry (don't even ask how this is possible, lol--let's just say I do a lot of shopping)

Clean out years of old pay stubs/paperwork that is no longer relevant
Old 08-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

I have a few things I've been thinking about and don't even know how to start. For the most part we are neat and don't collect too much around here. However, I have things from my parents and grandparents that I just don't feel the need to have anymore. I'm trying to decide if I'm really ready to have it gone and then the best way to get rid of it. It doesn't take up much room so has mostly been in a couple of boxes in the closet or on shelves. I have a Bavarian Village and miniature Hummel set that my Dad collected, some collectible cottages and some old china. I don't think they are worth much these days, but considering figuring out how to do Ebay or not.

Today I will start with an easier chore . . washing the patio furniture, cleaning the windows on the back of the house and washing the patio. Also getting going on a little refurbishing of two bathrooms. I need to find someone to do some tile work, husband says he will refinish vanities and then need to paint. I am just so bad with the redecorating etc. I find myself just too content with how everything is. Well, one step at a time.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #28  
persist

Arrow one step forward. two steps back. time for forward!

Hello

We're coming up to one month left in this summer procrastinator session. I did ok until July. And then there was no active movement forward except a bit here and there, and now things are in a big disarray, but I am feeling up to the challenge again. And more importantly, I feel the desire to move past these old burdens again.

So first I will give myself a *credit* for getting a box of donations together for the diabetes pickup last Monday.

Equally important, I found everything I needed for the accountant to get our taxes done with the exception of an envelope of receipts from our move here. It is important, but not a disaster if we don't have them as they can estimate what it cost with an accepted formula. They could even go ahead with the taxes now but I will take one last stab at looking for that envelope this week. Which bring me to the to-do list.

I tore the house apart looking for the envelope of receipts. I moved things I hadn't moved in my last round of decluttering/organizing/tossing. Now my chaise lounge is covered in "stuff" from shelves. And my dining room floor, which was almost emptied out and then I stalled, has added clutter. and all the dishes are dirty again and all the clothes are piled high again.

So I too will steadily tackle the stuff.

Today = 1 sinkful of dishes
1 laundry basket emptied/sorted
place empty cardboard and other recyclables into backseat of the car for dropoff at recycle center tomorrow
Old 08-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #29  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

KarenRN - If you figure out how to do ebay, clue me in on if it's easy or not. I think it MUST be with so many folks doing it But for some reason I hesitate to dive in there. But after many, many trips to Goodwill, I'd like to try to get even a little bit for some items ... to help fund trips, right?

I think I'd like to join in on this challenge with the days remaining and figure out what I want to tackle and hold myself accountable.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 AM   #30  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Yay everyone!

My boss told me ebay/craigslist is pretty easy from a smartphone, once you get set up. I was starting to think about it when his wife mentioned a facebook/local garage sale group. I got rid of a few things that way several weeks ago. They were mostly items that I didn't think the thrift store would appreciate. One was a miniature animal collection....ceramic and glass. It had been around for ages. I put it on the site and the recipient was actually a neighbor. She has a giant collection and was very excited. Much better than them sitting in my basement.

For awhile, I had a local antique shop that would pay me for stuff I brought in. Then they closed but it was nice while it lasted.

For me, I just have too much else going on to deal with all the listing/maintenance/shipping of ebay. I find I can be creative and frugal in other ways when I want to save $$ for a trip or something special.

Yesterday I pulled out the sewing machine and completed a procrastinated project; fixing work shirts. I had 4 sitting which were in great shape excepting holes under the arms. I had spent months contemplating the fix. Finally, by just pulling everything out I was able to visually come up with a creative solution. My coworkers were impressed and I can cross that off the list.
Closed Thread