Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 05:54 AM   #46  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday - World Environment Day (UN: 1972)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Lunch was the left over half of the leftovers from the day before. Found myself slightly miffed that I hadn't split it exactly in half - must have eaten 60% the first time. Continues to amaze me that my brain notices stuff like that about food. Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including dinner at the kitchen table since outside was too chilly to be comfortable.

Walked, CREDIT moi, but not the full cardio walk that's my plan. Seems that I tapered off when I wasn't feeling well and have been slow to build back up. It's easy to fall off the wagon when you do it slowly for a good reason.

onebyone – LOL at "Holy sabotaging thought Batman!" It's really ingrained when you're dreaming about staying on plan. Hope quantity glazing went better than TEDIOUS.

CeeJay - Congrats on those 10 pounds gone forever. Kudos for packing your food in advance for your business trip.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Yay for the last class taught for the semester. I can't remember, do you have the summer off? (Just remembered that June-July-August isn't your summer; when do Aussie kids have summer vacation?) Kudos for a neat set of credits for the day. [We get Hass Avocados; I've never heard of Shepard.]

nationalparker – I do like the cover of The Self-Compassion Diet, but I've never heard of it. LOL at the confusion with the home health care aide. Glad that you and your dad were able to laugh about it. Kudos for "No crummy snacks for me today." Have a safe flight home.

Rosebud170 – Drooling over "a quinoa and kale blend with a swish chard, kale, broccoli" - a mighty fine combo to be described as "all Costco items."

Tricia (AZtricia) - Kudos for accepting your body's rate of losing. And another Kudos for the clear determination "I'm not even tempted to give up even when I stumble." [Thanks for the link to choosing a ripe avocado. Helps me see that one of my problems is that I want to buy several on Saturday to eat during the week. They ripen at the same time. For what I want them to be, I'd need to shop daily. That's not likely.]

deelee10 - Yep, Kudos for leaving half of your food at a restaurant - especially since you were busy talking with friends which can make it more difficult. Ouch for having to develop a tough skin for the intrusive comments from your friend - some people don't seem to be able to think out from under their own discomfort. (LOL that I mistakenly calculated your join date as further back.)

Readers -
Quote:
day 17 End Overeating

Overload Your Plate - and Don't Eat It All

When you've finished eating just the food you're supposed to eat, clear your plate. Throw out the extra food or save it for another meal. If it was easy to do this task, you might never need to repeat it. On the other hand, if you found it difficult to resist eating the extra food, don't despair. Give yourself credit for trying and see what you can learn from the experience. Then repeat the exercise until it gets easy.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 154.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #47  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

I had a healthy day yesterday and didn't get here, primarily because I got all my other stuff done before work and planned a more settled morning than the day before. credit. I "remembered" I had left the old car in my moms driveway and so the pup and I had a pleasant walk over and I took time to smell the lilacs along the way. DH came back over the hill and came to the restaurant for breakfast. It was nice to see him and nice for him to see how hard I work. LOL. We enjoyed dinner on the porch, a new addition to our dinner repertoire; smoked Alaska King Salmon with crackers and small bits of swiss cheese. I'm excited to find the Alaskan variety at a small store on my usual route in Denver and since it's more expensive I can purchase a smaller piece than Costco'sfarmed variety and enjoy it twice as much. Post dinner snack was sliced banana, chocolate squares and cinnamon toast, one I've found which is organic and 1/2 the calories of the others I've always looked at. Credit. I am grateful to find new ways to enjoy food while losing weight.

DH is stirring....it may be time to shut down the computer soon.

Welcome, deelee10! Evening is a difficult time for many of us and Beck provides us with effective strategies to implement! Best wishes!

BBE, yay for 1/2 the leftovers, despite imperfect portioning. LOL.

onebyone, not off topic, since all life events seem to affect food choices, which we accept and find strategies to maneuver through. I spent a lot of time at a local assisted living/alzheimers unit when I did pet therapy. The happiest folks were in the secure unit. They had space to safely interact and most importantly to me, the staff was specially trained to attend to their special needs. There were some who were so excited to see us and others that were so happy doing what they were doing that they barely noticed us. It was always a joy to go visit and I would guess that their family members were very grateful that their loved ones were happy and taken care of properly.

Rosebud, thanks for the Costcoreport. I saw that kale/quinoa blend just a day ago. Kudos for seeking new ways to stave of cravings!

Aztricia, "keeping going regardless" , yes, that is what we do! Kudos! I see all kinds of fluxuations and still acknowledge the downward progress. I think it's about learning to have self confidence and you're doing a great job at that!

CeeJay, kudos for 10 pounds down! Best wishes as you travel… See you Friday!

Cheryl(GosfordGirl), thanks for avo info! I think we enjoy Hass….small and manageable. I still remember the giant ones in Hawaii. When I got married there we found a tree and pitched rocks at them to knock them down. We had plenty of guacomole, and it was free! PS great list of credits!

nationalparker, no, I have not read or seen the SelfCompassionDiet. Glad you have found it and am interested to hear what you think. Several days ago you said, "One more busy day and then I fly home. Scared to face the scale but a part of me says, the he** with it - I did my best here and did things I never thought I could do - and if I gained a few pounds, I can control that. His lung cancer I cannot control. Avoidance? I hope not." I say not avoidance at all. I have observed your very consistent mindfulness with food choices during this very difficult time. Kudos! One of the strongest motivators I have found to stay OP during tough times is exactly what you mentioned....being able to control YOUR food choices during times that so many things are so very much out of your control. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

DH did not get us and now it seems the time to wake him up. I take my mom to Denver for appointments today then home to work on our project.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-05-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Hi Coaches –
Just reading your posts brought a smile to my face. Thank you! I guess I did okay yesterday. I’m down a pound. Credit. I reread some of pink Beck. Credit.

Ceejay – Congratulations on 10 lbs down!

AZtricia – Yay! About not giving up. How old are your boys?
National Packer – My brother , husband and I have laughed about a lot of things involving our parents. There are humorous aspects and finding the humor in situations is helpful. Credit you! I hope things fall into place for you quickly and that you can get some breathing room.

Rosebud – Ideal Protein has packaged drink, soup and pudding mixes, some ready made drinks, puddings, bars, snacks. Have those for 2 meals, supplemented by salads and vegetables then one meal of your own with protein and vegetables/salads. It’s high protein, low fat. It’s like Atkins without that fat and more vegetables on phase 1 which you stay on for about 90 % of your weight loss. It was good for me the first time because I was recovering from shoulder surgery, had cleared my social life for 8 weeks for my recovery. And I lost close to 25 lbs and went on to lose about 10 more. I’m finding it much harder while in the real world where every social event, (bridge, canasta, book club, gatherings of any sort,) revolves around food. I could handle real life after that first 20 lbs because I was on a roll. I actually looked at people eating all the fattening goodies and thought to myself, “How can they put that stuff in their bodies?” HAH!!!! I maintained for a couple of years and then found myself turning to massive quantities of my favorite comfort food. I am a sugar addict and in a pinch any carb will do. When I was maintaining I did an Atkins, South Beach kind of thing and it worked for a long time. But to get myself back on the wagon, I go to the Ideal Protein. You have to find a place that sells it and they will provide a “coach.” I think you’ve been doing great and might just want to stick with what has been working for you. IP is good for a food addict like me to get straightened out.

Cheryl – great going on the exercise! Credit you!

Lexxis – You have come a long way – credit you! And sounds like you work in a restaurant – credit you! I know I have to get back to thinking like a thin person – as I used to – so I can actually withstand temptation.

BilBE – thanks for your Beck posts – very helpful. Were you on IP? There’s a Bill o9ver there.

Thanks everyone! You are a nice, soothing group of people that made me smile!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #49  
Green Tomatoes

Checking back in. When I'm not posting, sometimes it means that I'm way off the rail with food. This wasn't one of those times. Not posting, though, always means that I haven't got my life running the way I want, because posting here is at the top of the list. If I'm not posting, very few of my routines are working.

So, first step, post.

I had unexpected errands to run today. My normal mode of operation is to run them as quickly as possible to get them over with. But that, often, leads to compensation eating while I'm out. So, today, I thought it through. It took half an hour! I looked up all the various treats that I might have so that I would know the calories. I rearranged the errands in a way that would make it more likely that I would make the best choice. And, I made the best choice, because when I know all the information, I'm not going to make a 900 calorie choice. I was happy with a reasonable 400 calorie choice. Credit!

I logged my food on paper in May. Then on June 1, I analyzed all that data (we got a nail in a tire over the weekend, so this made a good little project while I waited at the tire shop). I learned how to make the best days happen more frequently, how to make the good days better, and how to minimize the frequency of the highest calorie days. I also learned that logging on paper is a pain in the neck, so I've started doing it on My Fitness Pal.

I appreciate that I'm returning in good company with CeeJay, FutureFitChick, and onebyone and that GosfordGirl and Lexxiss are also working through the importance of posting. Thanks, BillBlueEyes, and every one for keeping this wonderful corner of the internet running.

Welcome, deelee10!

I had some skill with avocados, but it's been a while. GosfordGirl reminded me that one of the "tricks" was to buy Hass. Another is to buy them hard and leave them on the counter. As soon as it starts to give around the button, it's ready to eat. If you're not ready to eat it, put it in the fridge and it will stay fine for two or three days.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Afternoon, Coaches.

Last day of school is in the bag. OP amazingly these last 5 days. The scale has not budged but I know some of it is medical things. The food I ate in this last stretch was healthy.What a departure from chocolate foraging around campus the previous month. Food is done for the day and logged as well. Step aerobics is planned for tomorrow. Weight is two pounds above ticker.

Historically, the last day of school is very emotional. Now that I am not attached to one specific group of kids, I am not as overwhelmed. I know I am still of service to kids but I am not "their teacher." There is a loss with every change. I really had no choice but to move on. I was burned out being on the frontline of illiteracy, poverty and neglect for 25 years. It is a war and I was suffering from the stress. Now I consider myself a "supply sergeant." That will have to do until I am called up again.

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems. It is the antidote to overeating over loss, resentment and fear. Acceptance does not mean approval. It is merely an acknowledgment that I don't know always what is good for me and demonstrates a willingness to be led intuitively to what my next step is to be.

Gosfordgirl: Yes. We get paid for summer vacation. Yeah!

Last edited by maryann; 06-05-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #51  
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Late and still need to walk pup before bed. Today was a hungry day and I went over my allotted calories, but credit: logged everything I ate then also resisted home made cookies, popcorn, watermelon and various other snacks after dinner at a friends home.

Will catch up on personals tomorrow, wishing you all an awesome day!

Beck FB Think Thin Thursday Tip: Cravings are like itches; the more you pay attention to them, the worse they get. The moment you get distracted is the moment the craving starts to go away. Make a list of a few short, distracting activities (play a game on your phone, call a friend, check news headlines, etc.). Next time you have a craving, do something from the list. If that doesn’t work, do the next thing. Eventually the craving WILL go away. Stand firm!

Last edited by AZtricia; 06-06-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:01 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Talking Friday

Hi Coaches

Finishing off work odds and ends today and went to the gym in the middle of the day when I realised I had left my credit card in a shop and in a panic wanted to go and get it. So I am back from gym and settling down to work again. I had lunch at the gym (reorganised plan when realised) and it was good - chicken breast (with tandoori paste) with avocado, sweet potato, broccoli and tzatziki. Sounds weird but really good - simple and well cooked and delicious.

I have realised that my weeks leave will not be peaceful/work free because student exams are Monday week and of course they are only just now looking at the material and have lots of questions that indicate they have done no preparation yet.

I went through my A&R "cards" this morning and re-sorted them and will read again after dinner to stave off mindless gnawing. Hungry today and everywhere I went at the market I saw things I wanted to eat - but I didn't. Read a chapter of Beck

Dinner time but I am still finishing administrivia and THE PROJECT stuff which will take some time tomorrow I think

Credits
- Checked in
- Ate on plan
- Logged my food
- Used distraction and resistance techniques (tolerated non-hunger without eating)
- Weighed myself
- Exercised - went to gym - next gym day is Sunday
- Read my A&R cards
- Read my Beck book

BillBE - Indeed they are called Shepard not shepherd avocadoes - still nasty . It doesn't take a lot to push back cardio fitness does it. Strength stays longer. Won't be long before you are doing "Abs and Arms" again hopefully

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Your food sounds yum and healthy - I bought some NZ King Salmon (fresh) today to eat tomorrow - not sure if it is the same fish. Anyway they are good usually! Where is over the hill BTW? I remember the giant avocadoes in Indonesia - you wouldn't eat them but they made a wonderful chocolate and avocado drink - I was too scared to ask what else was in there but delicious

Deelee10 - so happy that you have found a diet plan that works for you and your are confident in. Most of the battle won there

Gardenerjoy - Glad things aren't off the rails for you. I am marvelling at your degree of preparation to map a course through the food minefield the shopping and errands are. But indeed worth it for 500 calories saved.

Maryann - Credit for 5 days OP! Glad you are done with school for a bit. I like your reflections on acceptance - useful. I only asked about getting paid over the summer break because management at our Uni (who are fighting a raise) keeps saying that in the US academics aren't paid over summer - they have to find work (or spend it writing)

Tricia - Credit for resisting - and a lot to resist but the look of it. I like the Think Thin Thursday tips - I looked at my Distractions card today - I need to make use of them a bit more
Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #53  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Friday - National Gardening Exercise Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walked, CREDIT moi, despite non-stop rain all day. I took an umbrella to just enjoy it. Lots of folks were out waking with umbrellas; most looked like they wish they weren't. I tried to hide my grin, LOL.

On plan food for the day, CREDIT moi. The thought of a snack appealed in the afternoon when I faced a task that wasn't appealing. There's a strong draw to eat when the issue is to get something done that I don't wanna. The easiest way forward is to stay on top of the gotta-happen parts of my to-do list. I'm capable of blurring the situation by adding to my list items equivalent to fix-world-hunger to justify all the other items skipped. Sometimes I wish my brain was always on my side.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Thanks for showing that our behaviors can be reviewed to seek a way to stay the path instead of just waiting until we're surrounded by bad choices and strong feelings. Love the notion of a shift, per "how to make the best days happen more frequently, how to make the good days better, and how to minimize the frequency of the highest calorie days" rather than trying to fix everything perfectly.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Your smoked Alaska King Salmon has me drooling. We were mesmerized when we bought some from the smoke house while in Washington State some decades ago. It's pricey around here if you can get it at all. Yay for your DH getting to see how hard you work.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Kudos for " saw things I wanted to eat - but I didn't." LOL at "to stave off mindless gnawing." Love that you casually use tzatziki in a sentence since I never have.

Supply Sargent (maryann) - Congrats on that last day of school. Welcome summer. I'm moved by "Acceptance is the answer to all my problems" - going to ponder that for myself.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Kudos for resisting off-plan foods at a friend's house. ("friends'/families' houses" are mentioned in today's Beck quote, which I bring to your attention just for the fun of showing off the two apostrophes and one slash all glumped together.)

deelee10 - Success comes from accumulating a bunch of "okay yesterday." Congrats on that pound. [Never been on Ideal Protein - must be a different Bill.]

Readers -
Quote:
day 17 End Overeating

Overload Your Plate - and Don't Eat It All

For the rest of your life, expect to encounter many situation in which you don't have control over the food you're served (at restaurants, events, and friends'/families' houses) when you'll benefit from this kind of practice. You may find it especially helpful to try this exercise again the day before you know you'll be entering a situation in which you'll be tempted to overeat.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 154.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #54  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Coaches!

Yesterday was a healthful food day. The scale was up today but will come back down. I didn't do anything drastic that would justify a gain. I took mom to Denver for medical appts. She calls me when she's finished. Around 11:15 I decided it was time for me to think about lunch. I drove past all the fast food joints headed down to the spot where I get my yummy Asian salad. It was then that she called so I picked her up and then we shared the salad. Home to work on the project then resisted ordering pizza and instead pulled out veggie patties from the freezer and *forced myself* to make the fruit salad which I had planned earlier in the day before I got so tired. It was yummy and I reminded myself that I much prefer a healthy meal to pizza, anyway. Credit.

BBE, the smoked King is $20/lb here but I can find a nice $10 piece which serves 2.

Cheryl(GosfordGirl), I would imagine the NZ king is similar to the AK king. It's the most desired of the Alaska fish and it comes early in the season. It's higher fat content makes it more moist, and it's healthy fat. "Over the hill" is my reference to our mobile home, 120 miles West, where the hot springs are. It was our primary residence until I got my waitress job now I stay here more. It makes sense as my mom turns 93 this summer and is a block away from us here.

A shout out to everyone else! We are on our final push with this rental and I'd like to be finished in the next 2 days, which I have off at the restaurant. I have a lot of painting to finish and only one ladder. When I tried yesterday someone else always needed the ladder. I "could" find another one somewhere but that would be too much work. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Scale refuses to budge and I know I was OP and had an empty stomach at bed.. I felt anger momentarily and then frustration. Now i feel grateful that I know I am eating in a healthy way and it is just a matter of time before the numbers drop.If I had gone off plan with frustration, I would be lost and surely gain even more weight. I have to let my body adjust to changing medications. That is all there is to it. My one solution is to add another smoothie with cukes, celery, ginger and lemon as a natural diuretic.

BBE: In terms of to do lists, I tried to do the most distasteful first. Then everything else seems easy.

GosfordGirl: Our University system is is very different from k-12. Right now there are vast numbers of adjunct indentured servants. Noone will higher full time because of the expense of health benefits.

AZTricia: Great Thin Thursday thought. Now that I am out of school, I am thinking of walking through the Beck days again.

Lexxiss: Good luck with the rental.

Last edited by maryann; 06-06-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #56  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good day, coaches! A busy day yesterday. Sad to leave my folks, but oh, so good to see DH and the pets. He'll pick up our pooch from his parents on his way home from work tonight, so it'll be a late night. Then our family here will be complete again.

Faced the scale today and was surprised to be lower than my ticker, if only by a bit, at 163.4 and typically I drop down a pound or two in the days after flying, but don't want to get my hopes up. I'm pleased with that, but not sure how it happened. Seems like i just COULDN'T get under 170 a while back, and now it's a bit exciting to look forward to getting under 160 again one day.

Wanted to get a quick post in here before day got away from me. Looking forward to ample time on the weekend to catch up with personals. Thank you to all for the support, positive thoughts, and personal stories that make me feel part of such a wonderful group.

Last edited by nationalparker; 06-06-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #57  
Green Tomatoes

Posting again. Not much to say since I posted late yesterday, but I want to get back in the morning post habit, and it's still (barely) morning.

maryann: Yay for last day of school and finding a way to be OP at the end! And for accepting that the scale is slow to respond, especially when changing meds are involved.

AZtricia: Thanks for the Thursday tip. Distraction is startling effective for me -- when I remember to use it!

GosfordGirl: Cool that you turned an unexpected errand into a trip to the gym and a healthy lunch. I should try that method -- unexpected errands -> the healthiest action I can think of.

BillBlueEyes: great job for walking in the rain and enjoying it!

Lexxiss: good luck with your painting project and the ladder situation.

nationalparker: glad you're safely home with a pleasant scale-reading to greet you.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hi Coaches,

Just a quick check in tonight. Hope everyone is well. Yesterday I did not eat my packed healthy lunch and instead went to a restaurant and ate chicken fingers, fries and gravy. I am not sure why I did that but I think the inner rebellion got a hold of me. I sat quietly for a few minutes after lunch and made a decision to stop and I ate on plan for the rest of the day. I felt good about that because my typical pattern would have been to eat badly for the rest of the day and maybe the next day also. Today I was on plan. Grateful for that.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #59  
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Had a bigger breakfast and lunch and managed to stay OP today even though I was hungry again. I don't know what is up with that, unless it has something to do with not being under this weight in over 10 years. I'm fairly certain I was close to 200 when I became pregnant w/ my now 15 yo son...and never below that since.
Busy today with collecting groceries while the boys swam, but still need to stop at one more store tomorrow. Next week will be even busier than this one with a trial voice lesson with oldest, trial drum lesson with middle, and two dyslexia therapies for youngest....AND I have a board meeting, as well as three other events. I'm a homebody/introvert and just thinking of it all makes me tired.

CeeJay Kudos for the quick turn-around and eating OP the rest of your day, and great job being OP for today.

gardenerjoy Good to see you back! Even better to hear that all was healthy for you. I need to work on my distraction techniques, especially if this weird hunger continues.

nationalparker Glad you made it home safely and lost weight too!

maryann Can you share your diuretic smoothie recipe? Hang in there with your healthy eating, the numbers are not the only indication of health. Healthy fuel will make you feel better. Just love this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann View Post
Acceptance is the answer to all my problems. It is the antidote to overeating over loss, resentment and fear. Acceptance does not mean approval. It is merely an acknowledgment that I don't know always what is good for me and demonstrates a willingness to be led intuitively to what my next step is to be.
Debbie/Lexxiss Hurray for a healthy day and a good attitude about scale fluctuation. Kudos for resisting the pizza temptation. Best wishes as you finish your rental project.

BillBlueEyes I envy your walk in the rain! Please send some of your chilly wet here! My brain is not always very cooperative either. When you are Czar you can fix world hunger and all the other problems

Cheryl/GosfordGirl Yes, I need to use distractions more too. How frustrating to leave your card! Kudos for a healthy substitute plan. Bummer that your peaceful week is going to be interrupted. Great list of Credits!! I need to start on the pink book again, some of BBE's quotes are all new to me

deelee10 My boys are 15/13/9, glad you are smiling to be here and kudos for a pound already gone!

Rosebud170 Your costco concoction sounds yum!

Beck FB Friday Weekend Warm-up: If you think, “Weekends should be about fun, not about dieting,” remind yourself that eating healthfully and having fun are not mutually exclusive. Just because you may not eat everything you want doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy what you do eat (and every other non-eating activity you do). Besides, being on track feel so much better than feeling out of control.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:09 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Exclamation 1st day of leave

Hi Coaches

This is something of a fly-by. Go through all the current work on the PROJECT yesterday so that was good for my first day of leave today. Thought I would still be working on it. I had planned food for breakfast and snack and then I put it onto MFP and it was way higher in calories than I thought - so no lunch. I am looking forward to my dinner in the oven (king salmon) but I will be a bit high today. No exercise - just home chores

Credits
- Checked in
- Ate on plan
- Logged my food
- Ate sitting down - 60%
- Used distraction and resistance techniques (Tolerated non-hunger without eating)
- Weighed myself
- Steps - 6500
- Read my A&R cards
- Read my Beck book - tonight I will
- Made a food plan for tomorrow - sort of but I should work on it later

BillBE - Love walking in the rain - did that yesterday. You sound luck a puddle duck too (what is a male duck?). Credit for on plan

Debbie - credit for using resistance and sticking to what you had planned!

Maryann - yes - sounds like our university system is tending towards yours. Glad I am retiring soon! Those medications are a pain - awful that on plan doesn't mean losing weight at the moment. You seem to be working with it

Nationalparker - Yay for getting home to your family and being below ticker - that is stellar

Gardenerjoy - here's to getting back on schedule

CeeJay - credit for new behaviours which leave you grateful. That inner rebel is always just around the corner

Tricia - Sorry you are hungry - I sympathise as I am pacing at night looking for food and not having it! I also totally get the wanting to be at home instead of all those engagements. But you handle food so well when you do go. Yay for closer to onederland

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 06-07-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: typos - sigh
Closed Thread