3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   May Days are Decluttering Days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/295465-may-days-decluttering-days.html)

Pattience 05-07-2014 08:19 AM

Well i had a big day trying to deal with my procrastination issues. I had a great discussion with my psychologist and as a result i'm going to try a few things, hopefully tomorrow.

We talked about me being an all or nothing type of person, among many other things. The computer is one thing keeping me away from work. So, long story short, tomorrow i'm going to try a new thing. I'm going to start banishing myself from the building that houses my computer and try to spend the whole day up in my workroom. It means i will have to take my lunch up there and get a fridge going for storing milk.

you see, i was starting to think about the necessity of hiring a place to work in town. But it is ridiculous to go that far when i have money issues and already a great work space right here. So i have to try to change my work habits and instead of coming and going all day long from computer, even when things are best, i will just stay up there. That's the plan. So if i have a break from sewing, i can do other things like read or sleep or anything else but not come back near the computer house.

the hard part will be making myself get off the computer in the morning and go up there by a suitable time. I'd like to say before 10am.

millie56 05-07-2014 06:21 PM

Yesterday was my birthday celebration so my son asked me what I wanted I told him I wanted the shelves in the garage hung up so he did it. That will allow me to put all my extra blankets and comforters up and out of the way. I have 6 grandchildren so need to have them if they want to have a slumber party at grandma's but they are rarely used. Also want to sort through them and only keep what I need and donate the rest. Our church is having a huge garage sale May 17th so I want to donate things I have culled out as unnecessary for my life now.

Pattience 05-08-2014 04:09 AM

Progress! Not a lot but significant nevertheless. Because i got a late start, i went to my workroom before 11am instead of 10am. I planned to stay until 5pm but because i was so tired from a late night, i couldn't' do much demanding work so i quit at 4pm from boredom.

But while i was up at the work with my lunch, i did a number of smaller but no less essential tasks such as unpicking, finish cutting a pattern, wash some fabrics, organise my workroom a bit. So i'm happy with this because i stayed right away from the computer between those times and i feel i can do this again and again now. I feel i've broken the spell this time.

Lexxiss 05-08-2014 10:34 AM

Pattience, yay for progress! I know lots of folks who work from home and have to set some parameters so they actually "go to work". I'm one of them.

I got up this morning determined to do some decluttering. There are still odds and ends here from both the bathroom reno and the changing of the Man Cave to extra bedroom. I got stuff to dumpster and packed the car with recycle and thrift box, oh, and two boxes of books for the library sale. Credit. It looks and feels much better. This afternoons task may be to find a spot for the big clock which lost it's spot when the roll top desk came to the living room. I'm always looking to find what time it is. lol

Pattience 05-08-2014 06:59 PM

I really love this thread. I love the idea of it. I hope people continue to keep coming back. It just such a great idea for procrastinators and hoarders to share their progress on a regular basis.

So today is going to be tricky. I"m going to stay away from the computer between 10-4pm. But i have to go out at 11.30 to take the cat to the vet. Later this afternoon have to go running but i will do that at 4pm when work is done. It will be tricky coming back from vet when i usually feel like resting and slobbing so i need to organise my kettle which i haven't done yet.
Its 9am now. I need to make lunch and get all my **** together. so i don't have to come back here til 4pm.

Yay for solutions!!! and feeling motivated!!!!

Shannonsnail 05-08-2014 07:46 PM

Action steps:
Pull out boxes of new equipment so I can get into my side of room -DONE

Remove toys and put them where they belong -DONE

Put away misc things that may be piled up on various surfaces

Find home for boxes of equipment - TEMP HOME LOCATED

Turn sewing table around and push dining room chair up to it to see if that will work...if not find new home for chair -DONE (chair works)

Do something about books
---------------------------------------------
Now that I've picked up all the stuff off the floor and moved it to my desk so I can start going through it I'm a bit intimidated by the massive quantity of items there are.....sigh.

Pattience 05-09-2014 06:36 AM

I stuck to my work plan easily today. Of course i didn't spend the whole day at home because i had to go out for three hours to take the cat to the vet and do a little shopping.

At home again, i made a good start on a beach maxi dress. Its going pretty well and there's not too much left to be done on it. I also washed some fabric.

It was good because i didn't feel any struggle at all. And i enjoyed my work. Such a nice change.

onebyone 05-09-2014 10:25 PM

busy weeks

Hello

I think I need to decide on minimums-of things I will do no matter what, or NO CHOICE. I have the best intentions but with things being busy and with deadlines looming and working most of the time to meet them, on my down time I don't want to do a thing. And when DH gets home I just want to spend time with him and so we don't do a thing either.

There are a few things I'd like to not to have to face except in unavoidable circumstances:
1) all the dishes being dirty
2) stuff on the coffee table and the floor in the living room
3) a cluttered kitchen table top.

I have all three tonight. Again I have all three.

I'm going to have to force myself to focus there and stay focused. I'm going to have to do this with my food and making choices about the foodstuffs that invite weightloss vs. those that have me stall. Or yo-yo up and down.

That's how things are today.

Oh, I did do some decluttering. I merged two boxes of ceramic tools/materials into one large tackle box from my small one but I discovered the large one (which was abandoned at the studio-for good reason I now know) is broken and so I need to get a replacement. But at least I now know what size I need to buy. I discarded a shoebox worth of stuff and I have only one box to sort through. These various containers of ceramic materials and tools were driving me nuts as I had them in the car for a week intending to sort them. Then I hauled them out at the studio this morning to sort them with a friend and I ended up boxing them up again. Finally this afternoon I did it in the backyard. *credit moi* for persevering.

Pattience 05-10-2014 06:51 AM

Well i'm not really decluttering but what's behind decluttering anyway? Procrastination.

Actually, i think i've got my problem beat at the moment so i don't really need to post in this thread any more but i will do it for today and make it my last one until i get stuck again.

I went up to my workroom on time at 10am and stayed there until 4pm. But i went to sleep at 1pm and woke up just after 4pm.

Still i did get one dress finished and spent all morning on another one. Tonight i'm going to finish it. Im thinking it will take about 1.5 hours.

I had to sleep this afternoon, because i went to bed just after midnight last night and woke up a bit too early so was short of sleep and i don't function well on lack of sleep.

I also haven't washed a couple of items that need to be done by tomorrow for the market. So i really should do those before i go back to my workroom in a few minutes.

Lexxiss 05-10-2014 09:32 AM

:wave: Pattience! Thanks for dropping by....rejoin us any time!

onebyone, my experience has been that I had to come up with something I did EVERY day because when I didn't the clutter came right back. Good for you picking something to keep current on. I do my 3 Essentials in the morning NO CHOICE as I have found I never feel like doing any of them when I get home. I get up earlier to accomplish them and the more I've done them the easier it's gotten for me. It's automatic now and I know I feel much better because the few days I haven't done something I've noticed my agitation and disorganization when I returned home.

So, 3 Essentials....laundry started, dishes done and bed made. Credit.

Up to work on my Grandmothers little house today. It's in the final stretch and I would like to have it finished and rented before we head to Florida mid June. It's doable.

Shannonsnail 05-11-2014 11:12 PM

Action steps:
Pull out boxes of new equipment so I can get into my side of room -DONE

Remove toys and put them where they belong -DONE

Put away misc things that may be piled up on various surfaces

Find home for boxes of equipment - TEMP HOME LOCATED

Turn sewing table around and push dining room chair up to it to see if that will work...if not find new home for chair -DONE (chair works)

Do something about books - DONE
---------------------------------------------
I was actually able to vacuum the floor in the room today, that was great! I also cleaned it up enough to sew something small this weekend so definitely making progress. I have alot still to put away but I'm pleased so far.

silverbirch 05-12-2014 02:00 AM

Did 1.5 files over the weekend. :)

millie56 05-13-2014 07:21 PM

Credit - Bed made DH does dishes for us every day feeling blessed. My son and granddaughter moved out last night - now the work begins as we recreate a serene living environment for us. First step moved all extra blankets into the garage - extra bedrooms completed our bedroom tonight.
Tomorrow while I am at work my husband will be taking down the arched doors (I hated them but my son put them in the house). Just having a plan and starting to work on it a little bit is very encouraging. Thanks for your support.

Lexxiss 05-14-2014 03:00 PM

mille56, yay for taking some positive steps to reclaim your home now that DS and granddaughter have moved out!

I'm on the way to Denver to take the pup for his cardiologist appt. It's overdue so credit for making the call yesterday and avoiding additional procrastination.

I have had a few "moments". One was sitting in my "other" home while DH was disconnecting the sprinkler systems. It was a 240 mile RT for a 10 minute disconnect to avoid $$ damage. I just sat on the couch (wished I could stay) but noticed that it felt good to just sit without any visible "issues" which needed to be addressed. Credit for continued progress.

I had a "moment" of frustration this morning. I've known that I'm missing a small notebook which has scads of pages of my own "secret notes"....many encoded PW's for accounts, but other tidbits of information like parts replacement numbers for items we own, model number of the composting toilet in Alaska.....just stuff that's replaceable but is also VERY CONVENIENT to have in one place. This morning I decided it was time to find it. I surmised one of two things:
1. I stashed it when I was headed to work and found out at the last minute that the granddaughter was coming
2. I stashed it when we were headed out the door to the airport to go to California.
Well I looked for it for an hour....
In the meantime I found:
~a pair of reading glasses under the bed missing for a month
~my destressing eye pillow, which had slid between the mattress and headboard
~a bag of vegan popcorn I had hidden from DH (LOL)(He will eat whatever he can find so I hide my "diet" food)
~a part needing to be returned to HomeDepot
~a sail cloth which I purchased last year that would look nice in my yard this Summer.

Finally....I found where I had tucked it and I need to evaluate making a duplicate so I don't have to go to time wasting processes to retrieve info if I lose it again. Anyway, did my 3 Essentials and am headed out the door.

PS glad I found that "destressing" eye pillow. I think I will use it when I get home. lol

Streudel 05-14-2014 08:10 PM

I'm so glad i looked in this forum

Hello! :wave: I just started working my way through BDS, so I thought I'd see about coaching, and lo and behold I find Flybabies here too.:D

I so need to work on the CHAOS in my house. I need to start in the kitchen decluttering the kitchen table.