Still feeling a bit seedy today so think I have a virus. Woke during the night because my L knee hurt, my shoulders hurt, my fingers hurt! The after affects of the training session. So I decided it was OK and not a problem and went back to sleep. Today my muscles are still sore so it must have been a testing session. I had reason to email him about something else and mentioned this - he suggested hot / cold showers 1 min of each for 6 minutes. I said I would rather suffer or take drugs. He said some stretches perhaps. I would not be the ideal customer I am sure.
Early this morning I went to a grower's market with a friend - great produce and fresh food first Saturday of the month. I met two of my food heroes quite by chance (Indira Naidoo - the Edible Balcony
; Mike of Kitchen by Mike
) and got to buy Naidoo's book and she signed it! Interestingly she is organising a tour of the rooftop farms of New York - I would love to go but maybe next year after I go on long service leave if I get to be rich in the meantime
. She is part of a project here that I support, the Refugee Garden
project, to develop a rooftop garden above a church for refugees who are not able to work (because the government won't let them) but they need to have meaningful activity and to feel embedded in the community they are living in. Food and its production are both pretty central to our lives - just how to control it when you love it and it is an obsession! A good morning then home to work for next week.
- credit for loving what you do and having a moment where it all seems worthwhile. And credit for your eating triumphs.
- a shame your Zumba light class has to go - not sure it is quite the substitute to do a Spinning class but I can see it has its virtues. I am sure that one would literally kill me right now but I am sure you are in better shape
. Congratulations on hitting 100! LOL that you would be only @ 64 if we had 16 digits - actually still trying to work that out
- yay for losing 2 pounds - credit. Enjoy your vacation
- sorry to hear about your morning but your recounting of it did make me smile. Hope you get into the WATP tomorrow if you think you need it
- ouch for doughnut Friday - a temptation indeed. Good luck with the weekend and hope hot tea works for you. A long and difficult wait for your dad's biopsy and then result on Monday. Nothing to be done at the moment so you are wise to just let it take its course
(from AZ) - congrats on another pound down - you are being consistent. Glad you have found a good groomer who understands the needs of Teddy - he looks much smaller than I thought and very handsome. Hope the day went well
(Lexxiss) - Yay - so glad you are free to celebrate and move on to life' next project - great
FutureFitChick & CeeJay
and hope all is well and that things are going according to your plans
Have a good weekend coaches