3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Free Yourself DeClutter Challenge:New Year 2014-Vernal Equinox aka Spring-Mar 20. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/291165-free-yourself-declutter-challenge-new-year-2014-vernal-equinox-aka-spring-mar-20-a.html)

Lexxiss 02-07-2014 10:07 AM

Flyby this morning! Essentials done, even though I "considered" leaving them because I'm "in a hurry". In a hurry because I didn't rise early enough..."didn't plan". Once I started, it got done quickly and I'll be happier when I get home.

gardenerjoy, I will put that book on my list. I do notice that many of the "things" I have resolved in my life, specifically the condition of my home, do make me feel happier. I notice this daily.

onebyone, thanks for your insight on my comments. I do notice just what you said. I have made those essentials into a personal challenge. I do them as fast as I can and remember it's exercise. I am always thinking when I'm doing them....how could I be more efficient...do them faster....make less trips....etc.
The kitchen, for example, I try to use less pans....I've developed a routine where when I'm cooking I'm also cleaning up after myself instead of watching the food and tasting...tasting....tasting. I have a short list of items that never sit....my vitamix, food processor, kitchen knives, etc. If a pan is going to sit I fill it with water/soap and wash it the next time I come upon it. Lots of little things make life smoother. I decluttered the kitchen, got rid of lots of extras, and the extra storage space I found automatically decluttered the counters....trash goes out the first time it's full and I am going to the car....recycle goes out on pick up day EVEN if I don't think I have time....etc
Maybe you could think of ways to make the daily stuff easier and more fun.

Ok, gotta run!

gardenerjoy 02-07-2014 11:57 PM

4: disassembled the Wii and got it in a pile
5: moved Wii downstairs, clearing a small table in my study for something wonderful (that I don't know what is yet)
6: straightened up for cleaning crew
7: 10 minutes filing

gardenerjoy 02-09-2014 12:16 AM

5: moved Wii downstairs, clearing a small table in my study for something wonderful (that I don't know what is yet)
8: 10 minutes filing

Lexxiss 02-09-2014 07:17 PM

2 of 3 essentials done this morning. I didn't make the bed...used up my time starting to clean the mini blinds from the project. I figured if I started now doing one or two each day it would be much more pleasant than being stuck with them all at the end.

Dinnertime.

gardenerjoy 02-09-2014 11:27 PM

9: organized for the week

gardenerjoy 02-10-2014 11:19 PM

10: 10 minutes filing

thirti4thirty 02-11-2014 06:08 AM

I'm happy to find this thread. After months of lying on my stomach, I got up this morning to declutter. Came to 3fc to update my ticker and bam, I land on this thread.
I'm planning a thorough decluttering and changing my appartment all over.
I was not living, because of depression. Now that I've started seeing a psychologist and I'm on medication, I've decided to help myself a little.There's clutter EVERYWHERE in my house. I'm starting too late, but better too late than never. I'll start by taking out months of garbage and if I feel it's okay for anyone to come in without me feeling ashamed, I'll rent a professional to come in and clean.

onebyone 02-11-2014 05:08 PM

All Are Welcome

thirti4thirty thanks for joining in. The only thing that has ever helped me make a change is to start with one small thing first, write it down and then cross it off my list as done. I need the writing part AND the crossing it off part. My brain so easily tells me it's not enough, or I have so much it doesn't even matter/didn't make a dent. It's all not true.

You'll see that several of us list what we intend to do, or what we have done here in this forum and this is how we stay accountable to ourselves and celebrate our successes. Thanks for posting.

AS FOR ME: today I am cutting up the cardoard boxes that have not made it to the garbage for two weeks. They are big boxes but they have got to go. They are taking up BIG space in this small apartment of mine. I am resistant as I loathe the sound of cutting up cardboard with a box cutter. But it has to be done. I even have the butcher's string that our town asks us to use to tie up the cardboard for the recycle guy. I can do that. Garbage day is Wednesday. I am also moving all the stuff out of the kitchen today and freeing up the kitchen table and chairs.

Time to face my stuff.

Sum38 02-11-2014 05:15 PM

OMG, I love this.

We moved from 4500 sq.ft to 2000 sq.ft...we decluttered everything!

gardenerjoy 02-11-2014 11:06 PM

Hello thirti4thirty, onebyone, and Sum38! Great to see you all at our decluttering party!

11: 10 minutes filing

Lexxiss 02-12-2014 08:06 AM

Hi All

I continue my 3 Essentials, needing to get back on track :lol: because I didn't make the bed two days in a row. Yesterday was especially busy-I was sitting in front of homedepot at 6am in the neighboring town and got dropped off at work....worked all day then went right back to the same town w/mom to get her grocery shopping done so I could cross that off the list. Got home and made our planned dinner then headed straight to bed. Even so, I picked up in the kitchen while dinner was in progress and put water in all the pans for soaking so I could easily clean up in the morning.

Beckskills at work.

Today I will declutter the entire house and do my 3 Essentials before we head to the jobsite. I look forward to coming home to a reorganized space.

thirti4thirty, welcome! I'm sorry you have had such a rough go of things and kudos to you to have posted here. What works for me is an everyday routine which gives me consistent progress forward. Sometimes I have a list sometimes I dont. I hope you continue posting with us.

onebyone 02-12-2014 08:30 PM

done

Hi checking in with the phone=this will be short.
Credit: did dishes. Put them away.
Sorted through boxes in kitchen. Freed up kitchen table and most of the floor area.
Will continue tomorrow.

Bye for now.

gardenerjoy 02-12-2014 11:39 PM

12: 10 minutes filing

Lexxiss 02-13-2014 08:16 AM

Great job, onebyone & gardenerjoy!

My days are so busy I had to look back to yesterdays' post to see just what I had set out to do. Yes, I did my essentials and decluttered the house....and yes, it was a welcome sight when I got back home. credit.

Today I've done my essentials with DH's help. When I came upstairs he had already made the bed. I find the longer I work at this the more willing he is to pitch in. Nice.

I reflected on my laundry routine this morning. I noticed how great it feels to keep up. I also reflected on just what has helped to make this process so simple. Several things came to mind.
1. I no longer purchase items that need special treatment; ironing, separate washing, etc.
2. I buy my liquid detergent in bulk so I don't run out.
3. I have a basket for dirty and one for clean so I always know exactly what I have.
4. I don't let either basket overflow.
5. I decluttered closets and drawers so there is room for everything.
6. Once folded, I put away which helps me avoid "laundry confusion."
I like that I no longer have to scramble for work uniforms an hour before I need to head out the door.

I have extra time this morning. I will spend some time filing in my office.

gardenerjoy 02-13-2014 11:29 PM

The Wii went to its new home where it's going to make two young ladies very happy!

12: 10 minutes filing
13: Wii to new home